Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치


0ly40

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, yoo1 said:

I think I'm not yet ready to say goodbye to Haechi

 

Wait, was that picture shown in the episodes?^^ Coz I know that was the rant on IG for it not being shown in the actual episode :). Sorry, haven't watched eps 19~20 yet :D.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

 

Wait, was that picture shown in the episodes?^^ Coz I know that was the rant on IG for it not being shown in the actual episode :). Sorry, haven't watched eps 19~20 yet :D.

 

 

@lightbringer06 it wasn't. Not to spoil you or anything. Scene cut to credits right before that one. Maybe they'll use it for future episodes as flashback.  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If nothing atleast, the love between the King,  MJH and that

other minister is blooming. :)

They both realised the king wants changes that are good for Joseon.

 

I like these calm scenes between the King and YJ.

They are together in the palace, but that is enough for a start. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

If nothing atleast, the love between the King,  MJH and that

other minister is blooming. :)

They both realised the king wants changes that are good for Joseon.

 

I like these calm scenes between the King and YJ.

They are together in the palace, but that is enough for a start. :)

 

Yes. Respect is earn. Not given.

So it is really very heartwarming to see the 2 minister finally seeing what makes Yi Gwang-Jwa and another minister (sorry forget his name) follows our King willingly!

 

With regards to the romance... we all have agreed it's a sinking ship.

So seeing less of it might be good as our heart will break lesser. 

I'm always on the verge of crying whenever I see YJ's teary eyes looking at our King from afar.... so less is better. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

With regards to the romance... we all have agreed it's a sinking ship.

So seeing less of it might be good as our heart will break lesser. 

I'm always on the verge of crying whenever I see YJ's teary eyes looking at our King from afar.... so less is better. :lol:

 

Yup, you are right, if it won't developed to anything, it's better this way. So for now, I think I am more dismayed about the lack of Yeoji's development, backstory wise. However, her being there in the palace and her giving courage to YN compensates for that. I am just thankful that despite Go Ara's injury, I admire her dedication to be on the set and film because she knows her fans are waiting for her (me included 12-2.gif  ).  All the best for the remaining episodes! :kiss_wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites

@akhenaten @mrsj3n @lightbringer

 

I expect the ship will sink but not sinking with lack of development. 

 

We already know that Haechi is not a romance historical, but either the classic historical like Jumong and Dae Jang Geum are not romance. However,  the love story although not the central point of the drama has solid build up along with the development of the main plot, which is the journey of the main character to succeed in their respective goals. 

 

Maybe the writer and pd struggled too because they needed to present this drama in a very short period of time? 

 

I'm also wondering why the OSTs are all about love? If Haechi is not romance why the theme of their songs are about tragic love story? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, yoo1 said:

@akhenaten @mrsj3n @lightbringer

 

I expect the ship will sink but not sinking with lack of development. 

 

We already know that Haechi is not a romance historical, but either the classic historical like Jumong and Dae Jang Geum are not romance. However,  the love story although not the central point of the drama has solid build up along with the development of the main plot, which is the journey of the main character to succeed in their respective goals. 

 

Maybe the writer and pd struggled too because they needed to present this drama in a very short period of time? 

 

I'm also wondering why the OSTs are all about love? If Haechi is not romance why the theme of their songs are about tragic love story? 

 

 

 

@yoo1 I've been wondering that about the songs too and I've been trying to analyze the lyrics in english. I was thinking maybe it's supposed to refer to Yeongjo's love for his friends,  family and all that. But no matter how I try to twist them, the songs do refer to romantic love. And the official MV of the second OST revolves around Yeoning and Yeo Ji. Hmmm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yoo1 said:

 

I'm also wondering why the OSTs are all about love? If Haechi is not romance why the theme of their songs are about tragic love story? 

 

 

 

Because they showed us some love but then they decided not to concentrate on it? Lol

Nah.. just joking. 

 

I've actually never heard of songs about politics.  :lol:

 

But to be fair, Go Ara was injured while filming. Perhaps there's a last min change of script and thus couldn't show us more about the tragic love?

 

I'm loving it as it is even though I feel sad that our ship didn't sail far enough and it is sinking horribly in front of our eyes... taking along our hearts with it.

 

However with what YN has to deal with from the past episodes, I could hardly see how they are able to squeeze in more romance into the episode.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing the preview @gerrytan8063.  Why doesn't SBS come out with subs for their previews and BTS? :mellow:

 

@lightbringer06 hahahha!  Yup. Their ship is stuck in port and might never even get to sail at this point. They should have just turned Yeo Ji's character into a man. :D

 

I just realized that "Haechi" only has two weeks left. That makes it 4 half-hour episodes. I think this will end with King Yeongjo's successful suppression of Yi In Jwa's rebellion,  which if I will go by history,  was probably key to the strengthening of his position and led his political adversaries to accept that he is indeed worthy to be king.  And this will be the incident that will make Park Moon Su the king's investigator. I wonder if the writer based the other characters like Dal Moon,  Yeo Ji,  Han Jeong Seok and Yoon Hyuk on actual people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yi In Jwa Revolt (이인좌의 난, 李麟佐亂) also known as Musin Revolt (무신란, 戊申亂, The Revolt of 1728)

 

A rebellion that had launch the largest military offensive in history to overthrow Yeongjo. The rebellion was a 17 days attempt that despite short period of gains but was brutally crush within 3 weeks. There was a moment that Yeongjo & his government has lost 13 counties including Cheongju city (Yi In Jwa overtook the Cheongju city gates in the drama), the control of Sandang Sanseong Fortress (상당산성, 上黨山城) in Chungcheongbuk-do province, part of Gyeonggi-do province & also Gyeongsangnam-do province which Yi In Jwa played a pivotal role in overtaking of this provinces hence the revolt bears his name

 

Although it was a failed attempt due that the immature stage of ideology that was not forward thinking enough to change general consensus mindset (the population) but it will be a bridge or a window for further rebellions that will occur mainly in 1811 (Hong Gyeong Nae Revolt, for those who remember, he was the father of Hong Ra On in the drama Love in the Moonlight),1862 (Imsul Peasant Revolt) & 1894 (Donghak Peasant Revolution to be feature in SBS drama Nokdu Flower) that will lead to the fall of Joseon Dynasty

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...