[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lightbringer06  waaaaahhhhh. Those photos. I died. :wub:

It's like water after a hundred years of drought. But then, I want to tease Yeongjo: come on. That's beautiful but you can definitely do better than that lips-mashed-together kiss. Show Yeo Ji what a real kiss is. Jung Il Woo seems quite capable of kissing well from the clips I've seen of his other dramas so that shouldn't be a problem. Hahahaha!  :lol:

6 hours ago, shynaz said:

Finally kiss:heart:

They chup chup chup.. 

Mil Pong scream and kill Yeo Ji in front of king

The end.. 

Oh it just my dreaming... LOL.. I hope not happen and please happy ending. 

Oh maaaaaan! Torture end lol

Haechi is giving me anxiety attack because we know the plot had many rollercoaster of emotions. So if this heartbreaking end will happen... well, I can't decide what would I feel. Hahaha. 

I just want to enjoy this yeoyeo moment for now. 

@lightbringer06  man.  If they edit out that kiss, I will stage a mutiny!  Or have some voodoo priestess curse them. Hahahah!  :D

I'm still hoping they show that hand-holding scene as a flashback and maybe add other scenes between them that would at least show us how their feelings developed.  The problem that I have with the YeoYeo relationship is that most of their falling in love was done offcam and the drama just tells us they're in love.  I know they are but at least it wouldn't hurt to show me how that happened.  Oh well.  It's the end so we just take what the writer and PD will give us. :mellow:

@shynaz @yoo1  that's my fear too.  Because like I said, either Yeo Ji's character is based on one of Yeongjo's real-life consorts so she gets to live, or she's totally fictional so she will die to protect him.  Or they will chuck reality to the wind and make her live and be with Yeongjo and make lots of beautiful royal babies with him just for the happily-ever-after of it.  :P  Let's see where the writer will take us with this one.    

The writer of this drama was the same writer of "Dong Yi".  I'm not surprised that she gives the romance in "Haechi" a similar treatment.  She seems to like using highly stylized scenes.  Like Yeongjo and Yeo Ji's hug, for example.  Yeo Ji could have wrapped her arm around Yeongjo's arm.  Instead, she just grasps his sleeve tightly.  For Yeongjo, he could have tightened his embrace but he just moves his hands a bit but they're still a bit apart.  It's almost-but-not-quite a full body hug.  It's a good thing Jung Il Woo and Go Ara's facial expressions in this scene were spot-on.  It's more of aesthetics than reality.  

I hope Jung Il Woo and Go Ara work together again in the future. Maybe on an art film project coz that often gives more freedom in terms of acting. The thing with mainstream network dramas is that there are often a lot of restrictions,  acting-wise. I would love to see them in a film similar to "Lost In Translation" or "Me Before You".  Both were heartbreaking but beautiful. :rolleyes:

Jung Il Woo is a talented actor and I'm sure if he keeps partnering with brilliant directors and writers,  he will become even better and may turn out to be one of the industry's best actors. He can act in a very understated way and yet still manage to convey a lot of complex emotions. 

Go Ara,  on the other hand,  is more of a work in progress. I think in the hands of a good director,  she can do so much more. Her role as Yeo Ji was suited to her because she seems to be better at strong female character types than candy heroines. It was just too bad that she got injured midway into the drama. I can only imagine how Yeo Ji's character might have developed if Ara were healthy.  But I do like her and I'd love to see her in more projects,  working with excellent directors and writers and partnering with good actors. 

Unlike others,  I do think Il Woo and Ara had chemistry as Yeoning and Yeo Ji.  It's just's that there were times when I felt that Il Woo was pushing all the emotions forward but Ara was not reciprocating. But I think this might have a lot to do with the acting directions that were given. Yeo Ji's obliviousness was dragged on for far too long so that Yeoning was made to shuffle his feet from holding back his feelings. But then,  they were probably planning on more scenes with her and Yeoning during those episodes when Ara was sidelined that would have developed their relationship more. I'm sure that kiss would have come a lot sooner. 

Nothing we can do about that now. We're down to the last two episodes. I hope the writer and director will give us an ending worthy of the way they developed Yeoning's story so far. :)

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

Jung Il Woo is a talented actor and I'm sure if he keeps partnering with brilliant directors and writers,  he will become even better and may turn out to be one of the industry's best actors. He can act in a very understated way and yet still manage to convey a lot of complex emotions. 

Go Ara,  on the other hand,  is more of a work in progress. I think in the hands of a good director,  she can do so much more. Her role as Yeo Ji was suited to her because she seems to be better at strong female character types than candy heroines. It was just too bad that she got injured midway into the drama. I can only imagine how Yeo Ji's character might have developed if Ara were healthy.  But I do like her and I'd love to see her in more projects,  working with excellent directors and writers and partnering with good actors. 

Ilwoo is really a good actor, and accepting Haechi after military is a good move. We see a more mature Ilwoo and he proves us he deserves to be a lead actor. His acting is powerful especially when he cries. Maybe that's why he is given a lot of crying scenes in Haechi, although I sometimes get tired seeing him cry. Thank goodness he is really really good and those scenes never become boring because of him. 

About Ara. I agree that strong characters are suited to her. From watching her past dramas, I can say she does well when the story revolves around her character. When I first watched Who Are You, she made me cry and laugh with her. That kind of role where she can show all kinds of emotions, that probably the best for her. 

I hope after Haechi they'll get a project where their talent will never be wasted. 

But I don't understand a thing!  Though I think Yeongjo is standing firm against the violent opposition of some of the Soron and Noron officials over the appointments of the Namins. Minister Min and Chief Justice Ko are talking to their respective party members now. 

Minister Min and Yeongjo conversations are just my cup of tea. :rolleyes:

Archived