Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

"Haechi" Lead Actor Jung Il-woo Poses With Mom on Set

photo1052234.jpg

On March 10th, "Haechi" lead actor Jung Il-woo posted a photograph of himself decked out in full regal costume with his mother, who was visiting the set that day. The family resemblance is clear.

photo1052233.jpg

She has good reason to be proud. At thirty one years of age, Jung Il-woo's career has had ups and downs, but he's now playing the lead character in a top-rated mainline network drama. "Haechi" airs Monday and Tuesday at 10 PM KST on SBS.

source

• Like 8

The preview's out!  I've been lurking and checking out YT every few hours for this. But no English subs!  Waaahhh!!! :crazy:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

i'm so glad to see YN-YJ interaction, FINALLY :wub:

can someone pls briefly tell us what the preview says? thanks.

hmm ... maybe JIW's mom was at the set to check out her future daughter-in-law :D ... just my wistful thinking 

• Love 4

Gosh, I'm itching to watch the last two episodes but sleep and work have been consuming me nowadays funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-24_19-36-05.gif  .

2 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

i'm so glad to see YN-YJ interaction, FINALLY :wub:

can someone pls briefly tell us what the preview says? thanks.

hmm ... maybe JIW's mom was at the set to check out her future daughter-in-law :D ... just my wistful thinking 

OMG, you're not the only one, dear funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-23_18-29-13.gif  . When I first saw Il Woo's post with his mother and him wearing that hanbok means that it's the set of Haechi, hmmm..so mother meets daughter-in-law funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-24_19-37-23.gif  . Give me five! :kiss_wink:

• LOL 6

Hahaha @hahanzyy @lightbringer06 you guys are so funny!  Although I think Jung Il Woo and Go Ara have known each other even as teenage commercial models so it wouldn't be too farfetched if they're quite friendly with each other and that his mom might know her. :)

I hope and wish the writer and director would fill in the gaps of Yeongjo and Yeo Ji's developing relationship through flashback scenes. They can show scenes that were never shown in earlier episodes about their interaction in between moments of trying to get the bad guys. Like maybe,  an extended scene of them having a conversation when Yeo Ji remained at Yeoning's summer house to take notes on the Buddhist temple where Yi Tan's ledger is hidden. They had already started talking on a more personsal level that time,  which Yeo Ji herself initiated when she wondered why men didn't seem to want to treat her like a little sister.  I think that would have been one of the best times that they could have gotten to know each other a little better since it was one of the few times that it was just the two of them. :rolleyes:

On another note,  I just saw Il Woo's kiss scene in Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and it was quite hot. I hope he gets to kiss Ara the same way in Haechi.  :P

• Like 4

c15cfdb939cd4622b545f53230f750ff.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo And Lee Kyung Young Show Teamwork Behind The Scenes Of “Haechi”

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Haechi” has shared new stills of Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young focused on their script behind the scenes.

Haechi” is a historical drama about Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a troublesome prince who cannot become a king. In an attempt at claiming the throne, he is accompanied by a detective (Go Ara), a royal inspector (Kwon Yool), and a street clown (Park Hoon).

haechi2-540x360.jpg

The two look like brothers as they practice their lines and share advice, making viewers more excited about their chemistry on-screen.

The latest episode marked the beginning of Prince Yeoning’s new era. Min Jin Heon (Lee Kyung Young) was revealed to have collaborated with the prince, stating that he would be by his side from now on.

The production staff shared, “Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young showcase a strong junior to senior relationship on set. The two look after each other as Jung Il Woo frequently seeks advice from Lee Kyung Young, who in turn has endless praise for the younger actor. Viewers will be able to see more from their relationship in the future, so please look forward to it.”

source

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, irilight said:

Jung Il Woo And Lee Kyung Young Show Teamwork Behind The Scenes Of “Haechi”

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Haechi” has shared new stills of Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young focused on their script behind the scenes.

Haechi” is a historical drama about Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a troublesome prince who cannot become a king. In an attempt at claiming the throne, he is accompanied by a detective (Go Ara), a royal inspector (Kwon Yool), and a street clown (Park Hoon).

The two look like brothers as they practice their lines and share advice, making viewers more excited about their chemistry on-screen.

The latest episode marked the beginning of Prince Yeoning’s new era. Min Jin Heon (Lee Kyung Young) was revealed to have collaborated with the prince, stating that he would be by his side from now on.

The production staff shared, “Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young showcase a strong junior to senior relationship on set. The two look after each other as Jung Il Woo frequently seeks advice from Lee Kyung Young, who in turn has endless praise for the younger actor. Viewers will be able to see more from their relationship in the future, so please look forward to it.”

source

Ohhhhh. I would love for these two actors to reunite in a serious film together. Or another drama. The idea of a cynical but brilliant politician like Min Jin Heon mentoring an equally brilliant though inexperienced King Yeongjo is just so much my crack right now. :rolleyes:

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images , thank you ^^
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Anyone can give spoiler tonight..may be kiss scene or bed scene.. Ops... 

Just realised its my dream scene.. Lol

• LOL 6

@shynaz

"Anyone can give spoiler tonight..may be kiss scene or bed scene.. Ops... "

Yes, there was a bed scene, Yeo Ji was with Queen Dowager Inwon :hushed:

• LOL 8

I haven't seen the latest episode yet except for clips on IG but I'm beginning to lose hope that Yeongjo and Yeo Ji's romance and the background stories that I've been wanting to see will ever be explored much. As it is, his scenes with Yeo Ji are very limited. Hardly any time for those little,  in-between scenes that would have shown how they start to fall in love.  What more with the background stories of Moon Su, Yeo Ji and the late Han Jeong Seok. :mellow:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

@akhenaten Yes, it does seem we might not see that backstory we wanted..they are busy with all the politics. With Ara's injury, it might be impossible..she still sits in a chair from her latest IG on the set. And that preview of holding hand scene bw YN and YJ, someone complained in IG that it was deleted? Not quite sure though because I too haven't scene the ep yet. But the preview for Tuesday's ep, YJ has a slight fight scene, she's fending off someone.

• Like 3

I love that the antagonists aren't one-dimensional, and the hero(es) are smart. Note to other dramas- you don't have to make your protagonists stupid for them to be realistic/human! 

Spoiler

Another shoutout to jung il woo, whose portrayal of yeongjo I'm loving. No overacting, just a great performance all around. 

And that preview, oh snap. Looks like a lot of fun for tomorrow's(or today's, depending on where you live, haha) episode. And our yeoji is still capable, mentally and physically, so no one in the palace had better cross her! 

Edit: In case anyone hasn't already heard, nielsen has been having a delay in ratings due to unknown system errors since a couple days ago. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Ibut I'm beginning to lose hope that Yeongjo and Yeo Ji's romance and the background stories that I've been wanting to see will ever be explored much. As it is, his scenes with Yeo Ji are very limited. Hardly any time for those little,  in-between scenes that would have shown how they start to fall in love.  What more with the background stories of Moon Su, Yeo Ji and the late Han Jeong Seok. :mellow:

initially from looking at the IG posts, i was also disappointed with the lack of interactions between King & YJ. 

i thot i wouldn't enjoy this episode but i have just finished watching it with sub and i must say i like it a lot. It is true

romance is definitely not the focus of the drama. The situation portrayed was so tensed for the king, with waves after waves of bad news coming in at him. Even though he only saw YJ for a few short minutes, the words YJ said to him definitely gave him lots 

of comfort and strength. :wub:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Ohhhhh. I would love for these two actors to reunite in a serious film together. Or another drama. The idea of a cynical but brilliant politician like Min Jin Heon mentoring an equally brilliant though inexperienced King Yeongjo is just so much my crack right now

@akhenaten, I second that idea... I hope the Gods are listening to us.!

8 hours ago, spark101 said:

Another shoutout to jung il woo, whose portrayal of yeongjo I'm loving. No overacting, just a great performance all around. 

@spark101, I agree with you. I love Junkg Il-Woo's portrayal of King Yeongjo. I always knew that Jung Il-Woo is a terrific actor, but he did not always get as great projects as this one. I hope this is a turning point for him.

I also agree with you that the antagonists are smart here.

Tonight, another powerful episode.  I am glad that Yeongjo has some smart people on his side too. 
Dal-Moon for one.  I do not think think this is the first Kdrama I have seen with antagonists spreading terror by poisoning the wells.  I would almost think this would be the first thing to check.

And I am glad Moon-Soo saw the antagonists and will be able to report that.  I hope he comes back to be near the King.

1 hour ago, hahanzyy said:

The situation portrayed was so tensed for the king, with waves after waves of bad news coming in at him. Even though he only saw YJ for a few short minutes, the words YJ said to him definitely gave him lots 

of comfort and strength

@hahanzyy, I was also glad that he finally got to see YJ in the palace. Even though he might not like the idea of her being a court lady, clearly her presence there gave him comfort.

• Like 4

SBS is really very stingy when it comes to sharing clips and videos for this drama.  Until now, all their BTS are unsubbed and clips uploaded to YT are several episodes back.  :(

Only 3 weeks left and very few scenes between Yeongjo and Yeo Ji.  If they won't have a happy ending in this drama, at least show us a few moments of them together in between all the chaos.    Even flashbacks will do.  Because how can I believe Yeo Ji suddenly found herself falling in love with Yeongjo?  If there's no context, her feelings can just as easily be borne out of fierce loyalty to him as her king, whom she has chosen to serve for the rest of her life.  I don't like that. :(  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Go ARa's injury must have been severe for her not to be seen too much....

just one scene in ep 19? And I really do not like that the last two episodes that we saw YJ, she just cries and in ep 19, after the King saw her, and it ended just like that?? As if writer could not think of any other dialogue for her character.... sigh.. have a swift recovery Ara!

• Like 3

'What happened to that scene in the preview when Yeongjo held Yeo Ji's hand?  It wasn't shown in the actual episode. That scene kind of reminded me of a similar scene in "Dong Yi" when King Sukjong took Dong Yi's hand and she was so flustered because she wasn't sure what it meant. There are very few scenes betweem them as it is. The least they could have done was show us that handholding scene. 

Speaking of "Dong Yi",  I just need to rant a bit about the way the romance is portrayed and developed. I'm afraid this writer is giving the romance here in "Haechi" the same treatment.   To me,  she tends to portray romances in her drama in an overly idealized and chivalrous manner.  Characters often just stare at each other, standing three feet away from each other.  They almost never kiss (in Dong Yi,  Sukjong and Dong Yi only kissed once and it was the typical lips smashed together kind). When they hug,  if at all,  only their heads and shoulders touch,  never a full-body hug.  I remember one such hug in Dong Yi,  where Sukjong looked like he would dislocate his back or topple over because he was trying to keep the lower half of his body away from her even as he tried to hug her tightly around the shoulders. And when they hold hands,  their fingers don't intertwine. The hand of the female lead is often closed into a fist or remains limp while the male lead's hand close over hers. 

Maybe the writer is trying to aim for slow burn or even the tension of a love that can't be expressed freely due to the strict norms of Confucian society. But sometimes,  they just end up looking comical and unrealistic. :huh:

11 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

'What happened to that scene in the preview when Yeongjo held Yeo Ji's hand?  It wasn't shown in the actual episode. That scene kind of reminded me of a similar scene in "Dong Yi" when King Sukjong took Dong Yi's hand and she was so flustered because she wasn't sure what it meant. There are very few scenes betweem them as it is. The least they could have done was show us that handholding scene. 

Speaking of "Dong Yi",  I just need to rant a bit about the way the romance is portrayed and developed. I'm afraid this writer is giving the romance here in "Haechi" the same treatment.   To me,  she tends to portray romances in her drama in an overly idealized and chivalrous manner.  Characters often just stare at each other, standing three feet away from each other.  They almost never kiss (in Dong Yi,  Sukjong and Dong Yi only kissed once and it was the typical lips smashed together kind). When they hug,  if at all,  only their heads and shoulders touch,  never a full-body hug.  I remember one such hug in Dong Yi,  where Sukjong looked like he would dislocate his back or topple over because he was trying to keep the lower half of his body away from her even as he tried to hug her tightly around the shoulders. And when they hold hands,  their fingers don't intertwine. The hand of the female lead is often closed into a fist or remains limp while the male lead's hand close over hers. 

Maybe the writer is trying to aim for slow burn or even the tension of a love that can't be expressed freely due to the strict norms of Confucian society. But sometimes,  they just end up looking comical and unrealistic. :huh:

I hope I don't sound rude but, what do you even mean by unrealistic? In those days, it's simply not realistic for couples to hug and kiss, unless they are married and within the confines of their room. It's just a drama but the distance and any awkwardness makes more sense. Also, the writer and PD have made it clear the focus is on the politics/yeongjo's rule, so this isn't the drama to be watching for the romance. 

• Like 1