Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

0ly40

[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

Recommended Posts

Havent finished watching the recent epsiodes - it just occured to me, how could the court officials be so disrespectful to the Crown Prince by raising their voice even though in court session. In other dramas, those court officials could probably lose their head.

 

YJ suddenly turn up.... to be court lady.... hmmm.... im curious, why do court ladies must follow the king or cp, where ever they go? What is their purpose to follow at the back...

 

And Mil Pong, he is looking more and more like Batman's Joker... haiz...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why Queen Dowager says that YJ eyes look noble. It is a hint for something? I'm curious more and more about her roots. But I don't think that they will explain. She's not real anyway. Haizzz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watching episode 33 right now.. Ready with chocolate... And wow the conspiration.. Poor king

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@oceluna

 

"I wonder why Queen Dowager says that YJ eyes look noble.  It is a hint for something? I'm curious more and more about her roots. But I don't think that they will explain. She's not real anyway. Haizzz."

 

The word that the Queen Dowager use is "Gwi An" (귀안, 貴安). She use it as 2 separate character

 

Gwi (귀, 貴) as in "noble" & An (안, 安) as in "secure"

 

The word "noble" as more an adjective translated means for a person of fine qualities & of high moral principals not to mean "belonging to birth or rank of an aristocracy"

 

You sought of realise that Go Ara is either standing (only show the upper body) or sitting in the scenes as she had not recovered from her injuries.

 

Even if she was presume to be walking out Queen Dowager's chambers, they shot her from the back & it could be just a "walking" stand-in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 34 its stressfull to watch because of this manipulation from mil pong..everything happen is planned already.. Poor crown prine..Now I continue 35..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im crying latest episode.. :tears:

 

Excited to watch tomorrow.. Just want to share how this drama can make excellent episode without flawless as we know its live shooting.. Salute to them and team production

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 17

 

In the end of the episode, when Gyeongjong lay dying or recent decease, Yi Geum try to revive his brother by cutting the palm of his hand to feed his brother his blood under Dan Ji (단지斷指).

 

In East Asia medicine, blood is consider mother of "qi" (기,氣) or life energy

 

A country can't be without a Monarch, therefore the death of Gyeongjong, Yi Geum is technically Joseon King whether they like it or not. It is an act of insolence for the officials to plea with Queen Dowager, although her consent to the succeeding King is technically a courtesy but require

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lee in jwa's rebellion, yeongjo, investigator park moon soo, park moon soo, lee gwang jwa, yeongjo geneaology are all in the top ranked terms on naver search right now. :) The power of history-based shows!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

You sought of realise that Go Ara is either standing (only show the upper body) or sitting in the scenes as she had not recovered from her injuries.

 

Even if she was presume to be walking out Queen Dowager's chambers, they shot her from the back & it could be just a "walking" stand-in

 

I actually noticed that from the clips as well. I think a stand in was used because her back was different after she (YJ) and Cho Hong went out after talking to the Queen Dowager. Meaning, she can't still walk..saad.

 

Now, I wonder if YJ's character was totally rewritten to tend to her injuries, or was the writer actually planning on making her as a court lady eventually...hmm. I actually feel bad for Ara, this is another drama where I think her character is so likeable and somewhat different for me, but unfortunately, we cannot see much of it here. I just hope she and Il Woo can work again in another drama sometime in the future.

 

I actually take back my complain on how they handled YJ's disappearance, since apparently she's been on training as a court lady, instead of that reason Moon Soo said, where she was out investigating somewhere. Haven't watched eps 33-34 yet, waiting for eps 35-36 to be subbed as well before digging in :D. I think this drama will give me lots of heartbreaks even until it ends. So that embroidery on YN's clothes, it was YJ who made it? When can we see both of them again in the same screen, siiigh...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I think court lady is probably a better option, intentional or not. Frankly, as badass and capable as she is, she's held back by a damo's status. Being a court lady gives her an opportunity to actually gain rank and be more influential.  

 

Not expressed here, but the comments on the articles complaining about how "frustrating:" the story is right now actually cracks me up. Sorry folks, yeongjo's path to the throne(and stability thereafter) was not smooth sailing, lol. 

 

Edit: 

Oh man, this episode hurt. But lee in jwa! THE DRAMAAAA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lightbringer06

 

"I actually noticed that from the clips as well. I think a stand in was used because her back was different after she (YJ) and Cho Hong went out after talking to the Queen Dowager. Meaning, she can't still walk..saad."

 

It was the same "stand in" when Queen Dowager asked her to "iron" Yi Geum's coronation's robe.

 

So far her scene is standing, sitting or either leaning behind a pillar or a wall. When Park Mun Su met her at the palace, she hardly show any movement

 

Cheon Yeo Ji enter the palace as palace maid (gungnyeo), she is now technically "King's woman"

 

If Park Mun Su have any interested in her, it will have to be lay to rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, spark101 said:

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I think court lady is probably a better option, intentional or not. Frankly, as badass and capable as she is, she's held back by a damo's status. Being a court lady gives her an opportunity to actually gain rank and be more influential.  

Well, I too feel the same about YJ being a court lady, since I was very open to it from the very beginning, it's the only way now that she can be with YN in close proximity, and as you said, for her to be more influential, though I'm deeply gonna miss her being a badass and all :D. I only wondered there for a moment if they actually meant it for her to be one. As @gerrytan8063 said, she is now the King's woman so yay to that!^^..Hope he'll be able to learn that she entered as a court lady next week. 6 episodes to go and I feel like it's not enough :tears:...

 

BTW, here's the ratings...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

 

Cheon Yeo Ji enter the palace as palace maid (gungnyeo), she is now technically "King's woman"

 

Actually I don't understand.

Why is court lady / palace maid = king's woman??

Is that supposed to be taken literally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Actually I don't understand.

Why is court lady / palace maid = king's woman??

Is that supposed to be taken literally?

Kind of, in a way. They all serve the king (I mean, in different capacities, obviously; not "that" way, unless the king takes fancy), can't be married, obviously must be virgins, etc... the women of the palace are collectively the naemyungbu(내명부). 

Someone else can describe it a bit more eloquently... paging @gerrytan8063

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 36 was just brilliant! The chemistry between the actors are a sight to behold. The scene when Yeoning was enthroned was grand but it wasn’t what affected me deeply. What really hit me hard was when King Yeongjo found out that those who supported him were giving up their positions in order to free him from the “burden” of their relationship and allow him to build alliances with the other parties.  And his shock when Min Jin Heon admitted to him that these men did it of their own free will so they can protect him.

 

I especially loved the scenes when Moon Su and Yeo Ji met again.  I loved how their friendship with each other and their shared concern and affection for King Yeongjo shone through. And it was lovely yet sad to see how they both realized that they’re willing to sacrifice themselves for their King and friend.  Even if the romance in this drama is very low-key, it’s more than made up for by the warmth and intensity of the other relationships being shown.

 

I cannot begin to say enough about how I love the actors in this drama. Jung I’ll Woo...my goodness! Where have you been all my Kdrama life? Why have I never heard of you until now? The authenticity, sensitivity and intensity of his portrayal of the reluctant prince who became a great king is just...beautiful doesn’t even begin to cover it, but I’m at a loss for words right now. His acting is so nuanced.  He uses his body so effectively in showing the ebb and tide of Yeoning’s emotions throughout the drama.  A slight flash or a tightening of his eyes, even his hands can act. Now I understand why the camera tends to zoom in on his face and hands in those pivotal scenes. I recall scenes where his hands trembled with nervousness when he held Yeo Ji’s hand, how they would shake in barely controlled anger or panic, or how they held onto the head of the dragon on the throne’s armrest in despair as he fell to his knees crying. This man had better take on better projects after this. Forget about those fluffy romances! 

 

And Lee Kyoung Young! A true veteran whose mere change in tone is enough to convey worlds of complex thoughts and emotions. In the hands of a lesser actor, Minister Min would just be a one-dimensional villain and viewers will easily attribute his actions to plain greed. Yet through Mr. Lee’s skill, one realizes that Minister Min’s motivations and reasons for being who and what he is and acting the way he does is not so simple. One cannot simply say he didn’t want Yeoning to be king out of hate.  Through his acting, Minister Min has turned out to be just as interesting and compelling a character as Yeoning. A true anti-hero, not dissimilar to Harry Potter’s Severus Snape.

 

There are the others, like Kim Sap Soon who played King Sukjong.  He broke my heart with those few scenes between him and Yeoning, especially that part when Yeoning was walking away and he kept asking in his mind why Yeoning felt he cannot be the king when he the one most deserving of the throne.

 

I’ll end it here for now, but BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO to the cast of “Haechi”! It’s just sad that not too many people seem to appreciate the beauty of this drama. It’s their loss, though. But I’m personally glad I found it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Episode 36 was just brilliant! The chemistry between the actors are a sight to behold. The scene when Yeoning was enthroned was grand but it wasn’t what affected me deeply. What really hit me hard was when King Yeongjo found out that those who supported him were giving up their positions in order to free him from the “burden” of their relationship and allow him to build alliances with the other parties.  And his shock when Min Jin Heon admitted to him that these men did it of their own free will so they can protect him.

 

I especially loved the scenes when Moon Su and Yeo Ji met again.  I loved how their friendship with each other and their shared concern and affection for King Yeongjo shone through. And it was lovely yet sad to see how they both realized that they’re willing to sacrifice themselves for their King and friend.  Even if the romance in this drama is very low-key, it’s more than made up for by the warmth and intensity of the other relationships being shown.

 

I cannot begin to say enough about how I love the actors in this drama. Jung I’ll Woo...my goodness! Where have you been all my Kdrama life? Why have I never heard of you until now? The authenticity, sensitivity and intensity of his portrayal of the reluctant prince who became a great king is just...beautiful doesn’t even begin to cover it, but I’m at a loss for words right now. His acting is so nuanced.  He uses his body so effectively in showing the ebb and tide of Yeoning’s emotions throughout the drama.  A slight flash or a tightening of his eyes, even his hands can act. Now I understand why the camera tends to zoom in on his face and hands in those pivotal scenes. I recall scenes where his hands trembled with nervousness when he held Yeo Ji’s hand, how they would shake in barely controlled anger or panic, or how they held onto the head of the dragon on the throne’s armrest in despair as he fell to his knees crying. This man had better take on better projects after this. Forget about those fluffy romances! 

 

And Lee Kyoung Young! A true veteran whose mere change in tone is enough to convey worlds of complex thoughts and emotions. In the hands of a lesser actor, Minister Min would just be a one-dimensional villain and viewers will easily attribute his actions to plain greed. Yet through Mr. Lee’s skill, one realizes that Minister Min’s motivations and reasons for being who and what he is and acting the way he does is not so simple. One cannot simply say he didn’t want Yeoning to be king out of hate.  Through his acting, Minister Min has turned out to be just as interesting and compelling a character as Yeoning. A true anti-hero, not dissimilar to Harry Potter’s Severus Snape.

 

There are the others, like Kim Sap Soon who played King Sukjong.  He broke my heart with those few scenes between him and Yeoning, especially that part when Yeoning was walking away and he kept asking in his mind why Yeoning felt he cannot be the king when he the one most deserving of the throne.

 

I’ll end it here for now, but BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO to the cast of “Haechi”! It’s just sad that not too many people seem to appreciate the beauty of this drama. It’s their loss, though. But I’m personally glad I found it. :)

This is third time I follow Jung Il Woo drama after cindrella and moon embracing the sun. My opinion he show excellent acting and use body language also.. When he cried we feel their sadness how pain he bring all these..especially the conversation with their father and latest the king.. 

 

Its too hard handle and Jung ill woo show A+  of their acting.. Thats why I always mention sbs lack to promote this drama... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@shynaz  Yes, I do notice that unlike the other networks, SBS isn't as heavy on the promotions side.  Although they do come out with BTS, but there are no subs.  I think they should offer them with subtitles because they must realize that the market of Korean dramas already go way beyond South Korea.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@shynaz  Yes, I do notice that unlike the other networks, SBS isn't as heavy on the promotions side.  Although they do come out with BTS, but there are no subs.  I think they should offer them with subtitles because they must realize that the market of Korean dramas already go way beyond South Korea.  

 

I think more people will know after the drama finished already... And say why missed this drama... 

 

Im ready to watch episode 35 and 36..I hope I dindnt cry tonight episode after yesterday... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mrsj3n

 

"Actually I don't understand.....Why is court lady / palace maid = king's woman??...Is that supposed to be taken literally?"

 

I had wrote on the subject in page 20 with regards to Ha Cho Hong being a sanggung.

 

As per @spark101 have explained, the ladies who work in the palace household e.g. Court Ladies  (Sanggung 상궁 尚宮) & palace maids (Nain, 나인 ) are the "chattel" of the King therefore they belong to the King & prohibit to marry hence the King's woman & it is a lifetime employment to serve the King & his Royal Family & not allow to leave the palace unless old age, death or ill & sometimes "retrench" due to time of calamities e.g. drought. Even if they are release from service, the rule of marriage still applies

 

If you are lucky enough that the King wants you as a bedfellow, you will to be bestowed effectual sign of grace & favour (Seung Eun, 승은,承恩)

 

For example, Yi Geum's mother Royal Noble Consort Sukbin of Choe clan

 

In the palace, she was just a 9th rank Musuri (무수) receive Sukjong's effectual sign of grace & favour & was promoted to 5th rank then enter Naegwan (내관, 內官) & became a 1st rank Royal Consort

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished episode 35..sympathy to crown prince..imagine everyone always take bad mouth to him..

 

Minister Min is political thinking person.We cannt know what he thinking.. 

 

Why I feel this drama become short..only drama I can accept the politic issue as main plot.. 

 

Episode 36 suppose happines to king but it feel lonely when you lost your friends who caring to you. I feel so broken to look the king cry.

 

And the king will have the first test to be handle.. In history I salute how he become the long time king when he got these happen..

 

Political main plot and salute to write make watch all scenes without annoy and got to toilet. All scenes are important to look because we want to know the solution their problems. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...