Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

I saw a post on Twitter saying that actor Go Joo Won is confirmed to join the cast of "Haechi".  Have you guys heard of this? I'm not familiar with Go Joo Won so I don't know what to make of it.  And with just 3 weeks to go for the drama,  I wonder how they'll manage to fit other story arcs into it. Unless they decide to extend another week or so just to wrap things up neatly. I personally wouldn't mind but I doubt this will happen. "Dong Yi" was said to have been extended as well but that drama had ratings going beyond 20%. 

On another note,  one angle I would like to see is Yeoning's relationship with his wife. During the first half,  it was clear that their marriage was clearly one of convenience,  a contract entered into for purposes of alliance. Perhaps they did their duty and tried to have children through the years (at this point in the drama,  they would have been married more than ten years already)  but in history,  Yeoning never had any with his principal wife. Yet Lady Seo, who eventually became Queen Jeongseong,  was said to have had good relations with her in-laws. It's possible that she was a good woman but just bitter towards a husband who never cared for her at all. 

• Like 6

@akhenaten

"I saw a post on Twitter saying that actor Go Joo Won is confirmed to join the cast of "Haechi".  Have you guys heard of this? I'm not familiar with Go Joo Won so I don't know what to make of it. "

Go Ju Won will play Yi In Jwa (이인좌, 李麟佐 1695-1728). In the preview he is the person who is wearing the "satgat" hat

Yi In Jwa is a descendant from Grand Prince Impyeong Daegun Yi Gu (임영대군 이구,臨瀛大君 李璆, 1420 - 1469), 4th son of Sejong the Great & Queen Sohyeon. Therefore he belongs to the Jeonju Yi Clan - the Royal Clan of Joseon

Go Ju Won is currently in MBC weekend drama "Love in Sadness"

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Another heartbreaking episode T.T

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Ah, finally we get yi in jwa's rebellion. Nice to see yeo ji again. Excited to see how the writer interprets this piece of history. 

• Like 2

Sigh.. Poor Crown Prince. 

He just couldn't catch a breather on his way to be a King.

Why can't they just execute YT as soon as possible? Kudos to the actor portraying him because he really make me hate him so much that I can't bring myself to see him in any episode at all!

Looking forward to tonight's episode!

P.S: Glad to have YJ back but all these scenes of watching Crown Prince from behind... it's too much for my heart.

I'm prepared for this sinking ship but I'm still in denial.. :tears:

• Like 4

Gahhhh.  I thought this drama couldn't get more intense but I was wrong.  Each episode keeps getting better and better.  

If my heart hadn't broken yet for Yeoning in the past episodes, it's almost near shattered now.  Now, he is starting to feel the enormous responsibility that he will bear and the battles that he must fight in order to become the king that his country hopes for.  :(

One thing I absolutely love about this drama is that its characters are not one-dimensional.  Even the main "villains" like Min Jin Heon, Jeo Taek Koo, Wi Byung Ju, Prince Mil Poong and even Yoon Young all have motivations that may not be all good, but you get to understand why they think and act the way they do.  I especially love how Minister Min has become an unlikely advisor to Crown Prince Yeoning, teaching him the rules of the game, though often in a very convoluted manner.  It's already clear that he knows and respects Yeoning's ability to put everything together and understand what he's trying to say.  Between him, Minister Yi Gwang Ja and the other junior minister of the Department of Justice (I forget his name), Yeoning will have enough advisors that will give him different sides and angles to consider.

I also love how the writer made use of Go A Ra's brief hiatus from the drama to make it come out that Yeo Ji has been training secretly as a court lady. And it's brilliant that they smoothly inserted her character in the midst of everything by making it such that the Queen Dowager is looking for someone from within the Crown Prince's inner circle whom she can trust to help her in protecting him, and Yeo Ji is just the perfect woman for the job.  And I do believe Cho Hong was instrumental in getting Yeo Ji into court lady training, plus she did recommend her to the Queen Dowager.  It's nice to see that in their own respective ways, Cho Hong and Yeo Ji show their love and devotion to Yeoning, and help each other in protecting him. :)

And now, Yi In Jwa comes into the picture.  (thanks to @gerrytan8063 for sharing info about who he is in history).  Another one of the early challenges to Yeoning's rule.  I can't wait for the next episodes.  I just wish they would extend it a bit, like for about two more one-hour episodes.  I just don't want things rushed and tied neatly just to keep it within the 24 one-hour episodes quota.  

• Like 7

Havent finished watching the recent epsiodes - it just occured to me, how could the court officials be so disrespectful to the Crown Prince by raising their voice even though in court session. In other dramas, those court officials could probably lose their head.

YJ suddenly turn up.... to be court lady.... hmmm.... im curious, why do court ladies must follow the king or cp, where ever they go? What is their purpose to follow at the back...

And Mil Pong, he is looking more and more like Batman's Joker... haiz...

• Like 6

I wonder why Queen Dowager says that YJ eyes look noble. It is a hint for something? I'm curious more and more about her roots. But I don't think that they will explain. She's not real anyway. Haizzz.

• Like 4

I watching episode 33 right now.. Ready with chocolate... And wow the conspiration.. Poor king

• Like 3

@oceluna

"I wonder why Queen Dowager says that YJ eyes look noble.  It is a hint for something? I'm curious more and more about her roots. But I don't think that they will explain. She's not real anyway. Haizzz."

The word that the Queen Dowager use is "Gwi An" (귀안, 貴安). She use it as 2 separate character

Gwi (귀, 貴) as in "noble" & An (안, 安) as in "secure"

The word "noble" as more an adjective translated means for a person of fine qualities & of high moral principals not to mean "belonging to birth or rank of an aristocracy"

You sought of realise that Go Ara is either standing (only show the upper body) or sitting in the scenes as she had not recovered from her injuries.

Even if she was presume to be walking out Queen Dowager's chambers, they shot her from the back & it could be just a "walking" stand-in

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Episode 34 its stressfull to watch because of this manipulation from mil pong..everything happen is planned already.. Poor crown prine..Now I continue 35..

• Like 4

Im crying latest episode.. :tears:

Excited to watch tomorrow.. Just want to share how this drama can make excellent episode without flawless as we know its live shooting.. Salute to them and team production

• Like 6

Episode 17

In the end of the episode, when Gyeongjong lay dying or recent decease, Yi Geum try to revive his brother by cutting the palm of his hand to feed his brother his blood under Dan Ji (단지斷指).

In East Asia medicine, blood is consider mother of "qi" (기,氣) or life energy

A country can't be without a Monarch, therefore the death of Gyeongjong, Yi Geum is technically Joseon King whether they like it or not. It is an act of insolence for the officials to plea with Queen Dowager, although her consent to the succeeding King is technically a courtesy but require

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 3

lee in jwa's rebellion, yeongjo, investigator park moon soo, park moon soo, lee gwang jwa, yeongjo geneaology are all in the top ranked terms on naver search right now. :) The power of history-based shows!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

You sought of realise that Go Ara is either standing (only show the upper body) or sitting in the scenes as she had not recovered from her injuries.

Even if she was presume to be walking out Queen Dowager's chambers, they shot her from the back & it could be just a "walking" stand-in

I actually noticed that from the clips as well. I think a stand in was used because her back was different after she (YJ) and Cho Hong went out after talking to the Queen Dowager. Meaning, she can't still walk..saad.

Now, I wonder if YJ's character was totally rewritten to tend to her injuries, or was the writer actually planning on making her as a court lady eventually...hmm. I actually feel bad for Ara, this is another drama where I think her character is so likeable and somewhat different for me, but unfortunately, we cannot see much of it here. I just hope she and Il Woo can work again in another drama sometime in the future.

I actually take back my complain on how they handled YJ's disappearance, since apparently she's been on training as a court lady, instead of that reason Moon Soo said, where she was out investigating somewhere. Haven't watched eps 33-34 yet, waiting for eps 35-36 to be subbed as well before digging in :D. I think this drama will give me lots of heartbreaks even until it ends. So that embroidery on YN's clothes, it was YJ who made it? When can we see both of them again in the same screen, siiigh...

• Like 5

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I think court lady is probably a better option, intentional or not. Frankly, as badass and capable as she is, she's held back by a damo's status. Being a court lady gives her an opportunity to actually gain rank and be more influential.  

Not expressed here, but the comments on the articles complaining about how "frustrating:" the story is right now actually cracks me up. Sorry folks, yeongjo's path to the throne(and stability thereafter) was not smooth sailing, lol. 

Edit: 

Oh man, this episode hurt. But lee in jwa! THE DRAMAAAA 

• Like 6

@lightbringer06

"I actually noticed that from the clips as well. I think a stand in was used because her back was different after she (YJ) and Cho Hong went out after talking to the Queen Dowager. Meaning, she can't still walk..saad."

It was the same "stand in" when Queen Dowager asked her to "iron" Yi Geum's coronation's robe.

So far her scene is standing, sitting or either leaning behind a pillar or a wall. When Park Mun Su met her at the palace, she hardly show any movement

Cheon Yeo Ji enter the palace as palace maid (gungnyeo), she is now technically "King's woman"

If Park Mun Su have any interested in her, it will have to be lay to rest

• Like 6