Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2019] Romance Is A Supplement, 로맨스는 별책부록

KHB02844.jpg

Key Moments In Volume 6 Of “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

FOR ITS THIRD WEEK, ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK SHOWERED AMPLE CAREER LESSONS, DEEPENING THE TRENCH OF EMOTIONS IT MEANS TO UNDERTAKE.

Jealousy, triumphs, and disappointments garnish Romance Is A Bonus Book as the main leads get a test of composure to their own predicaments.

SECRET LOVE LETTER CONFESSIONS

Heading home, Dan Yi sees Hae Rin in front of Eun Ho’s house so she hides and decides to kill time at a nearby bus stop. Just then, Seo Joon emerges from the bus. They agree to grab some dinner at the nearby udon restaurant.

Over at Eun Ho’s house, Hae Rin waits at her senior’s study. Tracing the books aligned in a shelf, she finds the love letter she hid the last time she visited his place. In flashback, she reveals that it was the 13th letter she intentionally left.

Curiously peeking for the presence of Eun Ho’s housemate, the latter advises that she is not around. Just when Eun Ho is about to fondly give her a forehead snap, he notices the pouring rain and immediately worries about Dan Yi. Feeling dejected, Hae Rin agrees to go home per Eun Ho’s order.

KHB02038_re.jpg

NOONA’S NEIGHBORHOOD FRIEND

On his way back from walking Hae Rin to the main road, Eun Ho calls Dan Yi and learns she is having a meal with her neighborhood friend. Flustered at how his noona’s closeness escalates fast to his new-found male friend, he goes to join them only to be surprised to see Ji Seo Joon.

Battle of Dan Yi territory ensues as Eun Ho and Seo Joon show mutual disinterest toward each other.

Belatedly learning that Seo Joon is the book cover designer Gyeoroo failed to scout, Dan Yi realizes why Eun Ho is panicking. Probing if she has told her new friend about their cohabitation, Seo Joon interrupts their secret text conversation.

Helping them out to sort their situation verbally, Dan Yi elaborates how her current situation has made her live with Eun Ho. Moreover, people at their company are not aware of it.

“I AM YOUR HOME”

At home, Dan Yi gripes at Eun Ho’s sulking. Complaining how she seems comfortable receiving the interest of Seo Joon when she barely knows him, Dan Yi beams recognizing she is still charming.

She explains how they met and how he lent his umbrella and returned her shoes. However, Eun Ho fusses about her unguarded response. Further explaining that “we” can only be shared by him and Dan Yi, and that Seo Joon is an outsider. Blurting out how she met him at the bus stop since she can’t go home because of Hae Rin, Eun Ho erupts to an outburst.

“You keep saying you have nowhere to go. But stop saying that! I’m your home. You can always come to me.”

Dan Yi stares at Eun Ho and questions him. She teases him of how cheesy his lines were and that girls hate it.

Reckoning his early conversation with Seo Joon, Eun Ho brushes his teeth out of spite thinking of Seo Joon’s blatant declaration of pursuing Dan Yi. Even when he taunted him that his relationship with Dan Yi is special, Seo Joon is unfazed.

KHB03173-1.jpg

KANG BYEONG JUN

Team Gyeoroo completes their volunteer work at an orphanage amidst Director Bong and Director Seo’s emotional tormenting period. The two had been divorced by their spouses. Meanwhile, Eun Ho tags along with CEO Kim who visited the grave of his wife. It was also in that place where Gyeoroo Publishing marks the beginning of their presence when they received Kang Byeong Jun’s retirement notice.

Celebrated for his works, Kang Byeong Jun donated all the copywrights of his works to Gyeoroo before officially retiring. His abrupt retirement is a favorite cryptic topic in the publishing world. It turns out that Kang Byeong Jun is Eun Ho’s father.

THE BOOK THAT MEANS A LOT TO DAN YI

Ready for printing the new book, the director makes a final check. Director Go’s eye squints and summons Hae Rin and Eun Ho for a quick meeting. She orders removing Dan Yi’s name as in charge of marketing since she is not part of the marketing team.

Attempting to appeal on Dan Yi’s name’s removal, Director Go counters it with how organization should stick to its principle. Explaining even if she provided the idea, follow-up on the book’s marketing progress is expected. That is something that her job doesn’t entail.

Relenting to his superior’s point, Eun Ho stops on his track to speak his mind before leaving.

“You are right about everything. However, it’s people that make up the organization. It is important to do your job that is given to you. But if everyone is confined to that, no one will want to do more.”

Full article

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-6-recap/

• Like 5

Hi all.. I'm really enjoying this drama. Love both the leads characters and the publishing company.

In my opinion, DY might be clueless of EH feelings but she is not immune to him... I think DY did have some feelings for EH and might be deeper than we thought. There's a scene at the orphanage in Ep6 when EH was playing with the children, DY saw him from afar and observed him with a big smile on her face..and then she noticed that HR is also looking at EH and DY's expression changed... it was subtle but the look in her eyes and the changed of expression said a lot. The way I see it both DY and EH actually has deep feelings for each other (maybe has been for a long time) but they put themselves on guard and mask their real feelings so well as they do not want to cross the line  because they are precious person to each other. So far we as the viewer knows that EH is in love with DY but we are not privy to DY's thoughts on EH. On the surface and in their conversation it was shown that DY always treat EH as her younger brother/close friends but somehow that little scene shows otherwise.

• Like 8

Romance Is a Bonus Book: Episode 6

by abirdword

BonusBook_E06_00148-1.jpg

Our heroine’s sweet neighbor is emboldened to start making moves, even as he learns all the ways that Dan-yi is connected to the mystery he hopes to reveal. For our poor lovesick hero, this means taking a backseat to yet another guy in Dan-yi’s life. But while Dan-yi’s love prospects seem to be improving, new obstacles put a damper on her marketing triumph at work

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-6/

• Like 4

Lee Na Young And Lee Jong Suk Headed For Turning Point In Relationship In “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

by J. Lim
a5d59db0da574f998d11020325e7540e.jpeg?s=

tvN’s weekend drama “Romance is a Bonus Book” is hinting at big things to come for Kang Dan Yi (Lee Na Young) and Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk)!

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is a romantic comedy that tells the story of an unemployed woman who finds work as a temporary employee at a publishing company, and Cha Eun Ho, the publishing company’s editor-in-chief.

The two have been hesitant to even tell their co-workers that they’ve known each other for a long time. But Cha Eun Ho realizes that what he’s feeling is love for Kang Dan Yi, and though he wants to be with her, he’s more cautious than ever because her friendship means so much to him. And with Ji Seo Joon (Wi Ha Joon) saying there’s something growing between himself and Kang Dan Yi, and Song Hae Rin (Jung Yoo Jin) starting to show an interest in Cha Eun Ho, things are about to get a little complicated.

Despite the many things unfolding around them, the new stills show Kang Dan Yi and Cha Eun Ho sharing a sweet moment together. He carefully wraps a scarf around her neck and as she doesn’t know how Cha Eun Ho feels, Kang Dan Yi smiles brightly at him like she always does. They’re in the same space but on different planes, and it will be interesting to see if Kang Dan Yi catches on about Cha Eun Ho’s feelings for her.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1304248wpp/lee-na-young-and-lee-jong-suk-headed-for-turning-point-in-relationship-in-romance-is-a-bonus-book
  • Like 4

Ep 7 impression (the date, the twins, the poem problem and another setback) 

Cha eun ho, that's a bit mean when you pull Danyi over for extra work just to make danyi late for her date with JSJ. but,  my heart break when you see danyi forgot the only copy with her name  in favor to go out with jsj. 

Danyi-JSJ date....went ABSOLUTELY MESS LOLZ. as Eun Ho said, it's the triple effect from absolute shock.  a Noona with more than "1 or 2 years"age gap, a divorcee and with a 12 years old little girl!! :joy:  falling utensil, water dropping, and also HICCUPS!

Gyeoroo in nutshell today. Mr Bong fight to have poetry collection is remarkable and Jae Min concern that it won't sell well also need to think of. both has their own strong reason. and thank you Eun Ho, for trying to be peacekeeper and be with Mr Bong when the poet he's been endorsing turn up dead at the end. :tears:

Mrs Seo also remarkable today, defending her own ex-husband from Jae Min angry rant about their divorce. it's their problem,Mr President.Try not to cross the line, please. :expressionless:

a bit tidbit with JSJ, is that he follow his mom surname. we'll see if it will carry another meaning. 

Cha Eun Ho  and his twins subconcious. a very goodlooking and narcissistic like him. at first, it's funny with the same pose and all. but towards the end... :cry: 

Dzie1ycU8AEZKMo.jpg

Dzie1uAV4AEK9-X.jpg 

I DON'T WANT SNEAK KISS TOMORROW CHA EUN HO!!!. PLEASE LET IT HAVE WHEN YOU BOTH AWARE AND ON THE SAME PAGE~

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just started on today's episode (7). Am dying with Park Hoon standing up to The Mother. The guy is a mixture of weaselly courage, he's hilarious.

Looking forward to the double JS part coming up, I see. :D

• Like 3

A translation of the episode 8 preview.

EH: It’s cold. How could you go outside without even putting on a jacket.
DY: Sometimes, like an ice sculpture, he’s really cold. But, then at other times, he’s warmer than anyone else.
EH: The things I can’t do even though we live in the same house because of fears that other people might find out, that richard simmons Ji Seo Joon is -
DY: He says he likes me.
EH: Love?!  How can it be love?! Does noona like that richard simmons?! I’m asking if noona really likes that richard simmons?!
DY: Even though he seems like a real little brother, what he’s actually thinking, I don’t think I know very well.
EH: I had told noona, that the moon is beautiful. It’s beautiful, isn’t it?

The preview at the end of the episode had an extra little statement by DY, and a scene of JSJ speaking with HR about the snow, so it's included in this version of the preview translation.

EH: It’s cold. How could you go outside without even putting on a jacket.
DY: Sometimes, like an ice sculpture, he’s really cold. But, then at other times, he’s warmer than anyone else.
EH: The things I can’t do even though we live in the same house because of fears that other people might find out, that richard simmons Ji Seo Joon is -
DY: He says he likes me.
EH: Love?!  How can it be love?! Does noona like that richard simmons?! I’m asking if noona really likes that richard simmons?!
DY: What is all this?
DY: Even though he can be like a real little brother to me, what he’s actually thinking, I don’t think I know very well.
JSJ: Because it’s snowing, there is someone I’m thinking of.
EH: I had told noona, that the moon is beautiful. It’s beautiful, isn’t it?

I felt so badly for EH in episode 7. I do rather love that he did the right thing by telling DY that JSJ was outside waiting for her. Even through his regrets about letting her marry her ex in the past and his anxiety over whether she was going to go to JSJ this time, he still thought of her and did the thing that he thought would make her happy. I so so so need DY to wake up and see EH as a man and not her little brother as well as stop taking him for granted.

This teaser is teasing that he'll finally show her in some way that he's a man who is in love with her as a woman, but since he's not someone who would force his attention, I'm not having high hopes that their embrace on the floor will actually go anywhere. Not that I want it to go somewhere if it isn't totally consensual. Still, if DY could even start looking at EH as a man rather than a sweet little brother, I would be grateful since this romance is now entering frustrating territory by having it all be one-sided in terms of the OTP.

They need to put something in to show DY waking up to what EH means to her and in what way, but it can't be another woman since DY knows that EH is attractive and has had beautiful girlfriends before. In a way, it's as much about restoring DY's confidence in herself as a woman which JSJ is giving her before she could probably even interpret all of the various signals that EH has been sending her about how much he cares about her and is in love with her. Did I mention that this drama has crossed into frustration territory for me regarding DY's cluelessness? Sigh.

• Like 7

One theory that I have on why KDY doesn't seem to go past the friendship line with CEH is because she wants the best person for him and maybe she just never saw herself to be that person for him. It never occured to her that they could be more than friends. Their interaction in the kitchen the morning after KDY-JSJ's date, kind of showed that KDY didn't even want CEH to entertain the idea of him dating a divorced woman with a kid. 

I don't expect KDY to discover her hidden feelings for CEH with how things are going right now. He would need to step up and show her that she's the most special person for him. 

• Like 8

Suddenly feeling desperate toward Eun ho, does his inner battle within act "righteous " and too considered could lead him to make a movein this rate. Or should he just following his heart to confess, forget all the measurement,logic and ethics...goosh..Eun hoaa you made me suffocate.

Sobbing so much at the poetry died scene, he died as a martir for his own passions and solace.

This drama is  such healings and warming in light touch.

Love it.

Excited waiting EunHo encouragement to confess :lol:

Spoiler

Finally Soompi revival my user name:wub:

Thanks to Moderator and especially CKnim to help me to log in.

Soompi is one of my solace, i couldn't imagine what should i do  when i can't writing something in this community.

Soompier..fighting :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, grake said:

One theory that I have on why KDY doesn't seem to go past the friendship line with CEH is because she wants the best person for him and maybe she just never saw herself to be that person for him.

I don't expect KDY to discover her hidden feelings for CEH with how things are going right now. He would need to step up and show her that she's the most special person for him. 

I totally agree with you @grake and @avondale16  There is this one scene at the kitchen which Dani gave EH a long look after he confessed that age, kid and the divorcee status do not turn him off at all.  She questioned him that he would date a divorcee and told him to come to his senses?  I think she kinda known what was coming but like you said above, she was thinking the best for him and brushed him off telling him to come to his senses.  And that annoyed and frustrated him further.   Yea, hopefully today, we see him revealing MORE.  Please do, Cha Eun Ho ... you are making us suffocating too ... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

EH: "I already regretted all my life after letting her go once."

"I shouldn't have let her go back then. I won't regret anymore"

I think we need to all give EH a group hug! I literally feel like DY is being taken right before his eyes, and all he can do is just watch as a result of his unwillingness to bluntly say he loves her.

There was a poignant moment between them in the kitchen, and what I loved about it was his blunt reply to her:

DY: "Let's say you started to grow feelings for a woman. But she's eight years older than you, divorced and even has a kid. Wouldn't that turn you off?"

EH: "It didn't turn me off. None of that bothered me."

DY: "You even dated a divorcee? Come to your senses."

EH: "What if I keep liking her?"

DY: " I said, come to your senses."

DY is soooo dense. I mean she's not as bad as the FL from Hajimete Koi wo Shita Hi ni Yomu Hanashi (great drama so far, I recommend). But sometimes she's so oblivious to what he's saying and doing that I just facepalm myself. Also what I love about EH is that even though he likes her, he understand that his love for DY doesn't make DY his possession.

Also is there a significance with the moon that I'm missing out on. EH subtly confesses to DY by saying the moon is beautiful and SJ takes her to the Moonlight Bookstore. Maybe I'm overthinking but if more moon references comes up, it definitely mean the writer-nim is trying to tell us something.

• Like 6