[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

Ep 7 impression (the date, the twins, the poem problem and another setback) 

Cha eun ho, that's a bit mean when you pull Danyi over for extra work just to make danyi late for her date with JSJ. but,  my heart break when you see danyi forgot the only copy with her name  in favor to go out with jsj. 

Danyi-JSJ date....went ABSOLUTELY MESS LOLZ. as Eun Ho said, it's the triple effect from absolute shock.  a Noona with more than "1 or 2 years"age gap, a divorcee and with a 12 years old little girl!! :joy:  falling utensil, water dropping, and also HICCUPS!

Gyeoroo in nutshell today. Mr Bong fight to have poetry collection is remarkable and Jae Min concern that it won't sell well also need to think of. both has their own strong reason. and thank you Eun Ho, for trying to be peacekeeper and be with Mr Bong when the poet he's been endorsing turn up dead at the end. :tears:

Mrs Seo also remarkable today, defending her own ex-husband from Jae Min angry rant about their divorce. it's their problem,Mr President.Try not to cross the line, please. :expressionless:

a bit tidbit with JSJ, is that he follow his mom surname. we'll see if it will carry another meaning. 

Cha Eun Ho  and his twins subconcious. a very goodlooking and narcissistic like him. at first, it's funny with the same pose and all. but towards the end... :cry: 

Dzie1ycU8AEZKMo.jpg

Dzie1uAV4AEK9-X.jpg 

I DON'T WANT SNEAK KISS TOMORROW CHA EUN HO!!!. PLEASE LET IT HAVE WHEN YOU BOTH AWARE AND ON THE SAME PAGE~

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

One theory that I have on why KDY doesn't seem to go past the friendship line with CEH is because she wants the best person for him and maybe she just never saw herself to be that person for him. It never occured to her that they could be more than friends. Their interaction in the kitchen the morning after KDY-JSJ's date, kind of showed that KDY didn't even want CEH to entertain the idea of him dating a divorced woman with a kid. 

I don't expect KDY to discover her hidden feelings for CEH with how things are going right now. He would need to step up and show her that she's the most special person for him. 

• Like 8

Suddenly feeling desperate toward Eun ho, does his inner battle within act "righteous " and too considered could lead him to make a movein this rate. Or should he just following his heart to confess, forget all the measurement,logic and ethics...goosh..Eun hoaa you made me suffocate.

Sobbing so much at the poetry died scene, he died as a martir for his own passions and solace.

This drama is  such healings and warming in light touch.

Love it.

Excited waiting EunHo encouragement to confess :lol:

Spoiler

Finally Soompi revival my user name:wub:

Thanks to Moderator and especially CKnim to help me to log in.

Soompi is one of my solace, i couldn't imagine what should i do  when i can't writing something in this community.

Soompier..fighting :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, grake said:

One theory that I have on why KDY doesn't seem to go past the friendship line with CEH is because she wants the best person for him and maybe she just never saw herself to be that person for him.

I don't expect KDY to discover her hidden feelings for CEH with how things are going right now. He would need to step up and show her that she's the most special person for him. 

I totally agree with you @grake and @avondale16  There is this one scene at the kitchen which Dani gave EH a long look after he confessed that age, kid and the divorcee status do not turn him off at all.  She questioned him that he would date a divorcee and told him to come to his senses?  I think she kinda known what was coming but like you said above, she was thinking the best for him and brushed him off telling him to come to his senses.  And that annoyed and frustrated him further.   Yea, hopefully today, we see him revealing MORE.  Please do, Cha Eun Ho ... you are making us suffocating too ... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

EH: "I already regretted all my life after letting her go once."

"I shouldn't have let her go back then. I won't regret anymore"

I think we need to all give EH a group hug! I literally feel like DY is being taken right before his eyes, and all he can do is just watch as a result of his unwillingness to bluntly say he loves her.

There was a poignant moment between them in the kitchen, and what I loved about it was his blunt reply to her:

DY: "Let's say you started to grow feelings for a woman. But she's eight years older than you, divorced and even has a kid. Wouldn't that turn you off?"

EH: "It didn't turn me off. None of that bothered me."

DY: "You even dated a divorcee? Come to your senses."

EH: "What if I keep liking her?"

DY: " I said, come to your senses."

DY is soooo dense. I mean she's not as bad as the FL from Hajimete Koi wo Shita Hi ni Yomu Hanashi (great drama so far, I recommend). But sometimes she's so oblivious to what he's saying and doing that I just facepalm myself. Also what I love about EH is that even though he likes her, he understand that his love for DY doesn't make DY his possession.

Also is there a significance with the moon that I'm missing out on. EH subtly confesses to DY by saying the moon is beautiful and SJ takes her to the Moonlight Bookstore. Maybe I'm overthinking but if more moon references comes up, it definitely mean the writer-nim is trying to tell us something.

• Like 6

i watched ep 7 w/o sublast nite and rewatching again just now w/sub...and i dont understand korean language except some words that i picked up the meaning here and there...thats how obsessed i am toward this show...cant wait for tonite's ep...i reallllllllyyyyy hope EH finally confesses his feellings to DY..its really is frustrating to see the clueless DY(or she might be pretending to be clueless trying to deny her feelings towards EH to)..and oh boyyy..LJS sure is a great actor..the face expressions in all scenes are spot on!!!

• Like 2

Things Begin To Change Between Lee Na Young And Lee Jong Suk In “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

by J. Lim
76b7f61545ac42f9907a45bd7cd0b240.jpeg?s=

Small changes are started to blossom between Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk in tvN’s “Romance is a Bonus Book.”

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is tvN’s weekend drama that tells the story of Kang Dan Yi (Lee Na Young), an unemployed woman who finds work as a temporary employee at a publishing company, and Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk), the publishing company’s editor-in-chief.

Spoilers

Things are starting to change as Ji Seo Joon (Wi Ha Joon) is being more forward with his feelings for Kang Dan Yi. Seeing Kang Dan Yi happily agree to go on a date with Ji Seo Joon sparks jealousy in Cha Eun Ho. Though he doesn’t like the fact that the two are getting closer, his heart weakens at the sight of Kang Dan Yi looking excited to start dating again after a long break.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1304405wpp/things-begin-to-change-between-lee-na-young-and-lee-jong-suk-in-romance-is-a-bonus-book
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, xXMzSmilesXx said:

great drama so far, I recommend)

Thank you for recommending. I like it too.

Have not watch j drama after many many years.

3 hours ago, xXMzSmilesXx said:

Also is there a significance with the moon that I'm missing out on. EH subtly confesses to DY by saying the moon is beautiful and SJ takes her to the Moonlight Bookstore. Maybe I'm overthinking but if more moon references comes up, it definitely mean the writer-nim is trying to tell us something

Wondering about this too. May be there is a significance of moon.

I have a friend who just loves to wonder, stare and look at the moon. Esp full moon.

May be @bebebisous33, you have any idea with this relation to moon ?

Need your expert opinion on this moon. Thank you.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grake said:

One theory that I have on why KDY doesn't seem to go past the friendship line with CEH is because she wants the best person for him and maybe she just never saw herself to be that person for him. It never occured to her that they could be more than friends. Their interaction in the kitchen the morning after KDY-JSJ's date, kind of showed that KDY didn't even want CEH to entertain the idea of him dating a divorced woman with a kid. 

@stroppyse @avondale16 I agree with what @grake wrote above. But in my opinion, there is more to it. To me, both are responsible for this terrible situation. 

DY sometimes had a gaze showing that she had deeper feelings for CEH but just like with the two scenes where CEH's doppelgänger (the one representing the reason) appeared, I have the impression that DY also let her reason hide her true feelings. DY treats him like a brother to remind herself that she can not love him (KDY: "This is not right: he is younger, such a handsome and intelligent man, I don't deserve him, especially now I am a divorce with a kid"). The fact that she ran away on the day of her marriage and hid in CEH's car, you could sense that she wanted to be with him... back then she might have realized her true feelings for him. But reason won over: she imagined the consequences of her action (selfish...) hence she returned to her fiance. CEH only said that he would support her but he never confessed his feelings too. Finally, her reaction in the kitchen, her strong objection could be interpreted differently. She misunderstood him: she thought, he had been dating a divorcee with a kid. She got upset because by hearing this, her own reasoning is proven wrong. She is given up on him for these reasons (KDY: "This is not right: he is younger, such a handsome and intelligent man, I don't deserve him, especially now I am a divorce with a kid"), yet she hears that CEH has been dating a person with a similar biography. No wonder why she got upset and objected to this... She never realized that he was talking about her because she was thinking about her own feelings and reasoning.

As for CEH. JSJ even told CEH in the car that he would treat KDY like his sister which showed that for an outsider, CEH acts like a brother. He doesn't seem to cross the line. However, once they are alone, we see that CEH and KDY can't help themselves and act like "lovers" (see the scene at the restaurant, later how KDY grabbed his hands aso). 

In the end, CEH and KDY are too rational which explains why CEH has never acted like a man in front of her. Both are too guarded, afraid of crossing the line for real. 

What caught my attention is that JSJ met SHR and they had an interesting interaction. So it looks like the writer won't use the jealousy cliche. I have more inclined to believe that thanks to SHR and JSJ as outsiders and witnesses, CEH and KDY will be able to realize their love for each other. SHR will meet JSJ alone and this is important. 

To conclude, one of them have to make the first move. CEH will be forced to do it.

@avondale16 The moon symbolizes woman, this metaphor is often used in literature and poetry. The reason is simple: the lunar cycle is 28 days which correspond to the length of menstruation: 28-30 days. On the other hand, the sun has always been associated to men... it is the symbol for kings. The moon is beautiful = the woman is beautiful, he expresses his love and admiration indirectly. Moreover by using such a natural element, the poet underlines the simplicity and naturalness of his love for the woman. The message is quite subtle. As for the bookshop, it clearly shows JSJ's closeness and gentleness to women in general. Notice that he takes care of his mother... so this underlines his sensitive side. The shop looks very intimate... it was as if it was a temple, a sacred place. Bringing her there outlined how much he already treasures her.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

The moon is beautiful = the woman is beautiful, he expresses his love and admiration indirectly

This is my guess when he mention to her.

But i think she is clueless. But the fact that she worries and wait for him that night, shows she is more than just concern about him.

Well, maybe, just maybe, she is afraid if she confess her feeling but get rejected or will get rejected so she is taking extra careful and not wanting herself to get hurt? Maybe?

--Both are too guarded, afraid of crossing the line for real. 

Vice versa, he too, dare not take the risk of telling his true feeling, not wanting to be rejected, too? Maybe?

Bringing her there outlined how much he already treasures her.

Hmm. Ok. Now i understand and thank you so much.:heart:

5 hours ago, lavenderrr1 said:

cant wait for tonite's ep...i reallllllllyyyyy hope EH finally confesses his feellings to DY.

Will he? My guess, not yet. Not tonite.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, avondale16 said:

This is my guess when he mention to her.

But i think she is clueless. But the fact that she worries and wait for him that night, shows she is more than just concern about him.

Well, maybe, just maybe, she is afraid if she confess her feeling but get rejected or will get rejected so she is taking extra careful and not wanting herself to get hurt? Maybe?

--Both are too guarded, afraid of crossing the line for real. 

Vice versa, he too, dare not take the risk of telling his true feeling, not wanting to be rejected, too? Maybe?

Hmm. Ok. Now i understand and thank you so much.:heart:

Will he? My guess, not yet. Not tonite.

Yes, she didn't understand his confession. She was clueless back then, as she took it too literally. They were outside and the moon was shining. CEH's mistake is not to be direct enough. JSJ is quite straightforward in that matter. Even in the latest episode, CEH spoke about his love for a divorcee with a kid as if there was a third person. He never said YOU. He is afraid of taking risks... afraid of losing her for real. He said that he will only act, when he knows about DY's feelings. He is definitely too passive. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I have more inclined to believe that thanks to SHR and JSJ as outsiders and witnesses, CEH and KDY

From yesterday ep, SHR seems to know that CEH have deep feeling towards KDY?

1 minute ago, bebebisous33 said:

He is afraid of taking risks..

Too bad, many cases in real life, afraid of taking risks means your love will go away to someone else. Sometimes, can happen.

• Like 2

The dinner scene cracked me up:lol:

It was as if Dan-Yi was dropping bombs or something!:P

"..I'm a divorcee.." - BooM

"..I have a 12 y.o. kid.." - BooM

"..I'm 37.." - BOOM.

Also just heartbreaking when they found their friend dead..:( Life is so fleeting..one moment you're here and then the next..gone.  

Interesting to note that the actor who plays Seo-Joon was also a third wheel on "Matrimonial Chaos". The ever familiar trope of friends turn lovers have been explored countless of times, almost as much as the Cinderella themed ones (also featured in this drama) I just think timing is everything, not that I'm experienced LoL:P:phew: Although I've known a few who thought marriage was a great idea & figured out later (regrettably) that they were better remained as friends.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, avondale16 said:

Does she just ask him, if he likes her. And he nods?

Yes, at the end she asks him if he likes her. So to me, it marks a turning point in their relationship. I doubt that CEH will deny it. Based on the preview, there will be a switch: Fate will bring SHR and JS together. Moreover, I have the impression that SHR will realize that CEH knew about her feelings for him but chose to ignore them by intentionally ignoring her letters in order to keep their relationship intact. But I could be mistaken... due to the misleading preview. However, in the last episode we saw him picking up a letter but he put it back. He saw the number... however, this time he made a mistake, I sense. He might have put it elsewhere. That could the reason how SHR discovers the truth.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

ep 8 impression (Namja, ladies bonding time, and CONFESSION AS WELL DANYI HEART FLUTTER)

still being petty, but still let her go out with JSJ. :lol: that's our eunho :wub:

Eunho saying his heart in pain, yet Danyi, aigoo ya-  she kept feeling his muscles instead :lol: she always turn heart fluttering moment into gag comedy lol :joy:

now, why 3 months of "dating"? why 3 instead of 1 or 6 month anyway? :blink:

Gyeoroo Ladies Nite was the best highlight for tonight. they were so honest. Ms Seo  real reason for divorce, Danyi revealing her real status and Director Go actually took the decision that danyi supposed to take 10 years ago, at her own wedding.  

Dznsj8RU0AA_MG9.jpg

Danyi cursed during drunken moment was gold. Ms Seo and Dir Go reaction:  FKIN GOLD :joy:

the moment danyi and eunho worked together to digitized the manuscript really get them to sort a bit that push and pull eunho kept making. the moment that she didnt really fell asleep on his shoulder and feel his hand on her face make my jaw dropped:astonished:. wow, danyi-ah!!! her heart did flutter at that!!!

DznrQx7UUAAj6cW.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

After watching the part DY took out hand warmer EH puts in her pockets and the scene where he freaks out and took care of drunk DY melts my heart soooo bad!! Can I please marry LJS jebal:bawling:

I don’t understand the ones who doesnt really like this drama (my sister). Romance is a supplement keeps on warming my hearttttt<3 i caaanntt

• Like 5