[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

I'm glad they set this drama in the publishing industry. By doing so, all the characters are literary and educated type of people, without the usual nonsense characters in other dramas.

It's also great that the drama included some of the problems facing the publishing industry. Such as the shredding of unsold books, contending with unauthorized on-line sharing and the small margin of profit.

I love that Ms Go is the Gangnam Leopard, but only on the third Friday of each month.:lol:

I really like that the drama is showing  how a healthy relationship is built through Dan-il and book designer guy's storyline.  Even though it's predictable what the final pairings will be in the end.

As for the newly divorced couple, it really is "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars."

• Like 4

Excellent drama and story so far! 

Once again, I’m addicted to Lee Jong Suk’s works. 

I am looking forward to this week’s episodes. I have been waiting for DY to realise that she has feelings for ES. The day has come and it would be interesting to see how he kept teasing her until the situation becomes serious. 

• Like 7

Romance Book CHINGUUUUSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Immediately when I saw the first episode, I was like, she isn't supposed to marry this guy. Sometimes you have to just let the universe have it's way because eventually it will. It wasn't enough that she flew the scene clad in wedding dress, but CEH's car got towed. Her veil blew into the trees, the signs all pointed to GO, do not stop, do not collect $200, get the heck out of there.

The scene when CEH finally comes to terms with his feelings and realizes that he shouldn't have "let her go" 12 years ago, I couldn't help but remember that opening scene. The universe was trying to tell both of them. Now here we are 12 years later and both of them have suffered for being blind. We don't have the full backstory on his family life, but I imagine that has more to do with him not committed to KDN that her getting married. He seems to be a bit cut off from commitment and intimacy. He knows how to establish friendships, but he still keeps people at a distance. You can see that with almost every relationship in his life, including his friendship with KDN. It was very telling that she had gotten divorced, sent her kid overseas, was squatting in her old house and then homeless all the while desperately looking for a job. Here he is her best friend and he was clueless to it all, even though she had sort of told him the truth.

He felt responsible for what happened to her because he knew 12 years ago that her husband was trash. She knew it too, but she didn't have anywhere else to go. She didn't have a plan C and so she was stuck with the jerk hoping if she cosplayed the perfect wife, things would work out. He left her in such a cruel way because I imagine nothing else he did would've worked. She would've forgave and stayed. One thing I love about her development in this drama is it shows women who are brainwashed into believing marriage and kids is the end all to their lives that they can have another identity. They don't just have to be mom or wife or daughter-in-law. They can have hobbies, interests, passions and careers and it is okay to be self-sufficient. It is okay to love yourself and at times, put yourself first. She settled BIG time when she got married. Here she was successful, smart, and moving up in the world of advertising, which is why her husband wanted to marry her. But once she gave that up and the family had to depend on him, when clearly he is a loser, everything went south. 

I so loved the scene in episode 8 when she partied with Team Leader Seo and Director Go. I was afraid she was going to spill the beans on her former life, but she just revealed that she too was divorced. Can I just say that the acting in this drama is top notch. When Team Leader Seo shared the fight she had with her husband when he didn't take up for her at the shoe store, I felt her pain. I also liked how we saw the chaos that Manager Go was living in. Her home truly reflects her messy feelings. She isn't just lonely from a relationship. She is lonely from not really having friends and people to talk to and connect with. I hope these ladies remain in connection with each other and get close.

As far as JSJ, I pretty much thought he was harmless until episode 8. Maybe he is a long lost son. Maybe CEH's father wronged him somehow. But when they revealed his panic room with all of that information on the writer, the hair stood up on the back on my neck. He is obsessed! KDN will have to be careful around him. I don't know what his end game is, but I feel that there is another piece of information yet to be revealed about CEH. I can't wait to see what it is. Great drama so far.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@nubianlegalmind I must say you actually wrote things I started thinking now that I watched the episode properly with subs.

I don’t know ’long lost maybe son’ is giving me the creeps. Also let’s not forget he pretended to go work so he could go on a date with Dan-i. Now why would he do that? 

However I can’t wait for new episodes. 

• Like 8

Romance Is a Bonus Book: Episode 7

by Sunny

RBB07-00079.jpg

It’s an hour of relationships. Those beginning and those ending, some false and some as yet unrealized. It makes for an interesting character hour as our heroine discovers that just because her heart was broken, it hasn’t stopped fluttering.

EPISODE 7:”Tell Her I’m Waiting Here”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-7/

• Like 8

Original image

Spoiler

Original image

Original image

[2019.03.21 Romance Is a Bonus Book Released New BTS Photos of
Lee Jong Suk &  Lee Na Young]

Credit: https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000063953

Dz5CiDEUYAEVMho.jpg

Credit: https://twitter.com/JSHINE_FC_LJS/status/1098388521176289280

Romance Is a Bonus Book: Episode 8 - Recap

...This is the kind of episode that leaves me with that perfect drama hangover. I am Dan-yi, sprawled out on the kitchen floor, just waiting for next week.:joy:

BonusBook_E08_00410-1.jpg

Full recap: http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-8/

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

The preview for episode 9 looks fun but uh-oh... the text preview is making me worried. I feel that we're only being teased by the cute, warm and fuzzy preview but they are going to drop some major revelations and dramatic emotions on us. 

• Like 6

Appreciation for Seo Young Ah - Bong Ji Hong's scenes this week!

Their plot is so well etched out without indulging in too much of a backstory. A couple that gradually falls out of love. The discontent that has been hidden away so long that it erupts in the most ugly and unexpected manner. 

"Of course I wanted to buy the shoes." But we know the issue was never buying of the shoes. Seo Young Ah just got frustrated waiting for the husband to see how she is feeling all this while. 

• Like 10

tumblr_pmt9mjnqVo1sthxw6_540.giftumblr_pmt9mmVsBq1sthxw6_540.gif
Spoiler

tumblr_pmt9mpXxMu1sthxw6_540.gif

tumblr_pmt9msSXyS1sthxw6_540.gif

Cr: doradoradoradorawa

tumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o1_400.giftumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o2_400.gif
Spoiler

tumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o3_400.giftumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o4_400.gif
tumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o5_400.giftumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o6_400.gif
tumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o7_400.giftumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o8_400.gif
tumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o9_400.giftumblr_pna47dxyRS1r8sro0o10_400.gif

Cr: ryn-s

“I thought I’d be happy if I lived my life alone with nothing to tie me down. I wake up all alone in the morning and leave the house by myself. Even when I’m sad, I’m alone. When I’m sick, I’m all alone too. I always eat meals by myself. I have to do everything alone. I’m so sick and tired of it. Why on earth did I run away? I’ll become more successful.

tumblr_inline_pna42agmFk1r4odyc_540.gif
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1