[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

6 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Bwahahaha :joy:This is so good lol. And I though when it comes to craziness, Nothing could top Money flower. This is another level of craziness:D. I don't even feel sorry for her lol. She just got a taste of her own medicine and I think she is definitely alive:lol:

Yes. Maybe mr byun saved her too :ph34r:. And she'll plot for her revenge with a new face, you know from plastic surgery - another kdrama trope haha.

I thought hyuk will turn normal after seeing how happy he was during Sunny's live broadcast. Boy was i wrong. Not long after that he sets a car on fire 

Snapshot of hyuk looking normal and happy~

7002_0-58219500-1545930283_20181228_0050

i was rooting for him to change and be a better person. Forget it, it looks like he's just crayyyyyy to a point of no return :tears::sweatingbullets:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, philosophie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Based on the recaps , LH heard a recording of YR calling WS oppa. She told LH before she had no idea who he is etc..but now he realised he has been duped. He already knows she is a schemer but I think he always thought she "loved" him. So now he realises she has been lying to him...so he doubts her sincerity.

29 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

Maybe Hyuk will realize he love WB instead... Hahaha. Plot twist! The emperor is gay! Lol.

you know whenever they get close to each other  this is what I think in my mind :lol:

xkyb7957.jpg

Here is my entire take on things so far & how I believe that they will pan out in the future:

• I do not believe Yura is dead (although she could be), not because she is a main cast member (main cast members can bite the dust), but because Hyuk still does not know the full scope. She already fed him lies about her adoptive mother being evil, he still has to find out that she hit her mother with a stone first, her mother was good to her, and that after Hyuk hit her, Yura knew that she was still alive but covered her up anyway. Hyuk is already slick regretting "killing" her, but when he finds everything out...! Yura will probably resurface if not next week, the middle of Jan.
  •  
  • Yura is a viper after today's event concerning her own flesh & blood she can and will do anything to maintain power;  Kang hates her because they are both mirrors of each other's trashy-nasty insides.
  •  
  • Hyuk is a psycho that is jealous and gullible which explains why he offed his first wife & Nanny exploited it.
  •  
  • Kang is a trashy psycho. She probably has bodies buried on that island she wants and I would not be surprised if she did not kill her own husband. I believe that she &/or nanny killed grand empress dowager and will try to kill Yoon. Kang has a murderous past that she is trying to keep hidden.
  •  
  • Nanny has said all along that she wants to be empress so her plan is to get that bill passed that females can inherit the crown, get rid of Sunny now that she is a major contender. She already stated that Sunny must not be pregnant. It might be her that is found dead pregnant with the prime minister twins. She already lied today about her former empress being an adulterer so that she can plant more "integrity" seeds with Hyuk. I think that Hyuk should have another secret DNA test on Ari; she might be the prime minister's baby.
  • Sunny will be a widow and still inherit everything.

Ahhh, from my dream,  I, now, know the secret of Granny's island that Kang wants so badly.  The island has magical powers of resurrection. But, Kang doesn't know that it only works for good people who died an unjustified death, i.e, death as a result of other people's evil deed.  Kang thinks she can vacation on the island to stay young and live forever.  :blink:

So, at the finale of the drama, all the good people who have died will return from the island, and live happily together in the palace. :lol:

Oh, wait, it wasn't my dream, it's only the finale photo of cast and crew. :w00t:

Addendum:  If you want to see a totally different version of SSR, you should check out the drama, "Three Dads, One Mom".  Totally impressive. 

BTW, as related to me by a friend who attended one of his musical performances, he's also an awesome person.   After the performance, he was one of the few cast members to actually greet the fans waiting to catch a glimpse of them at the stage door.

What if the body that they found in the first episode is the late empress?

What if she was pregnant with twins when she died and the twins are the true heirs to the throne. I believe that is what happened. She got pregnant, and the nanny got jealous when she realized that she would be nothing but a side woman, so she had the empress killed and then had her baby hoping to use that child as a pathway to the throne and being the empress. That is why she had to make it law because in actuality Ari is not related to the Imperial family by blood.

Let's say that she managed to get into the Emperor's bedroom, we all know that he really loved the former Empress, but he's weak and paranoid. So, it was easy for her to fill his head with doubt about the empress, make her look like an adulterer and then sleep with him herself. The question is whether Ari belongs to the Emperor or the Prime Minister? We don't know where that DNA test came from. With her connections, she could've easily fabricated it. So, in the process of making the old Empress look bad and coming in between them, she found out the Empress was pregnant, so guess what, now she has to die. Because adultery or not, the Emperor loved her so much that he would've stayed with her, especially if he knew she was pregnant with his children. So the nanny gets rid of her, bows down to the empress dowager and arranges to become the nanny to stay by the child and not rock the boat. Her father leaves the palace in distress. He has lost his daughter and to top it off, they are sullying her name, but he doesn't have proof that it isn't true. Remember, when he came to grieve, they lied and told him that they cremated her because they couldn't bear to look at her beautiful dead body. So, we never got a body with the last Empress which is very suspicious. They also needed to make the adultery lie look real, so they got rid of the empress dowager's guard. He probably saw something that he shouldn't have.

Then, right when the nanny was ready to strike, here comes Secretary Min, stepping in as the new mistress. She quickly found out about the ED's spying and cameras set up on the Emperor, which we know now is due to the fact that the nanny got in his bed and got pregnant. She too wants to be the Empress, but then Sunny came along and due to the Imperial Family's bad image, she puts a monkey wrench into the plans of both women. What say you Imperial Chingusss, who do you think the dead body belongs to?

What an amazing episode!!

Today's episode hit 17.9%. It's highest yet and the highest rating OF THE YEAR among non-cable dramas!!

The drama Return got 17.4%.

What a great way to end the year.

What was the rating promises that the cast gave? I forgot!

Wahhh I’m very happy to read of the ratings news.  The reason

:lol:

it’s true. 

@nubianlegalmind You have a good theory going on there. But what about the necklace though ? Would they allow an adulteress to wear such an important heirloom & be buried in it ? 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Wahhh I’m very happy to read of the ratings news.  The reason

:lol:

it’s true. 

@nubianlegalmind You have a good theory going on there. But what about the necklace though ? Would they allow an adulteress to wear such an important heirloom & be buried in it ? 

Omg! The plot thing is so true. Each ep is jam packed with action hahaha

The prince shouted at the emperor that he, the prince, knows the truth about how the late Empress died.  And the emperor's face became pale and he looked unsteady on his feet.  So i think the emperor is involved somehow. 

I woke up early just to catch the latest episode with subs! This drama gives me either heart attacks or yearning to see more at the end of each episode. Kudos to this writer.. I need to check out her other series!

Something new always is revealed every episode or each week

Spoiler

. The island.. wonder why the ED is so hung up on it.. Can’t be treasure.. I wonder what secrets are holed up in there

2. Emperor killed his first wife???!!!.. hmm.. he did push her into the water but I doubt it is him who actually killed her.. 

right now, I can’t even predict.. what we think is logical is not what the writer thinks:)

Some of my fav moments

1. WB and Sunny:)

Spoiler

- they do care for one another. At Her chamber..WB keeps answering Sunny’s questions awkwardly when he see her worried ( watch her hands and fingers) about his health 

- both “agree” not to get in one’s way but they subtley involve one another in their plans and they are STEALING glances

2. WB and Yura

Spoiler

- the scene on the bridge was really a rude awakening for Yura. I just loved the rage that WBwas suppressing before enleashing his anger and almost choke her.

2 striking statement

” I am the emperor’s man” and “ dun you dare take what is mine again”

wonder what that meant?.. was he refering to Dong Shik/mom or maybe Sunny (in the future)

Is YR dead?

i wish she was BUT...

Spoiler

I don’t believe YR is dead.. too easy for her. Not when the writer throws in scripts like “ this is the beginning of your downfall” from Sunny when she confronted YR. and the emperor asking WS to do him a favor after he gives all the evidence of WS and YR.. something fishy there.

That HUG at the end.. sigh... I literally swooned.

my theory: they both planned it but judging from their expression, they did not expect “sparks” to fly since “ we agree the partnership is just to bring down LH and YR”..

another week to wait for the next epi.. OTOKE???

[The Last Empress] Eps 23 & 24 spoilers, Jang Na Ra x Choi Jin Hyuk x Shin Sung Rok

empress.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Shin Sung Rok finds out about Lee Elijah's lies... shocked to see Jang Na Ra X Choi Jin Hyuk hug 

1. [+1374,-12]
Lee Hyuk, who exactly are you looking at? Who are you jealous of? I don't get it. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1278,-18]
ㅋㅋㅋ I think Lee Hyuk fell for Cheon Woo Bin. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+857,-19]
Lee Hyuk: Oh Ssu Ni... How dare you hug my man? (trembling)

4. [+473,-19]
It's obvious that they are going to punish the bad and promote good, I'm not worried about that. I like that the King who is slowly getting punished, is falling for the Queen and getting jealous. The Queen will fall for Cheon Woo Bin, I'm not worried about that. But the most worrying thing is that bullet stuck in Cheon Woo Bin's head.. I hope he doesn't die. Please save him. It's already a makjang story that doesn't make sense anyway, it's not that hard to do it. 

5. [+191,-17]
Actor Choi Jin Hyuk and actress Jang Na Ra are masters in acting whom I believe in and watch their dramas. The scenes with bodyguard Cheon Woo Bin and Queen Oh Ssu Ni together are really pretty. 

6. [+161,-0]
I think Yoon So Yi was the one who left Queen So Heon's hanbok in the pond. Just so he would to go to her bedroom. 

7. [+114,-1]
The King looked at her lovingly when he filmed Ssu Ni playing jegichagi. That KakaoTalk dog King [t/n: Shin Sung Rok] is slowly falling for Ssu Ni, but the person he trusted and liked most is snatching her away. His mother will see what the King has become, she views it as a threat, because of that, she goes crazy and ruins herself. 

8. [+103,-1]
Whenever Shin Sung Rok appears on the screen alone, he really looks like the KakaoTalk dog. 

9. [+76,-2]
Wow... The ads were there for me to breathe... It's really exciting. Daebak. 

10. [+74,-5]
The ratings for the pilot episode is 7%, to think that it has increased to 16%... As expected of Sun Ok Kim. 

last.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' "Die for me" Lee Elijah about to get murdered after Shin Sung Rok abandons her 

1. [+1569,-17]
Did the KakaoTalk dog fall for Cheon Woo Bin? Or did he fall for the Queen?

2. [+757,-17]
Who is the King jealous of? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+691,-11]
Why aren't they giving us previews? I think the King gets a mental breakdown every time he receives the script.. Who would take up such a role.. It's so interesting.. How do I wait till next week.. It's fortunate that tomorrow's Friday. I get to watch Sky Castle.

4. [+346,-27]
Lee Elijah has it tough. Give her a rookie award.
- [+39,-1]
She's not even a rookie. Why would they give her a rookie award?

5. [+164,-1]
I don't think Shin Sung Rok's rollercoaster of emotions is an easy thing. The actors are all good at acting. 

6. [+147,-1]
No matter how much Min Yoo Ra hates Dong Shik, he's still her son. How can she do that to him? Amazing woman~~~ I don't think she'd die that easily. 

7. [+114,-5]
Frodo snapped and kills Apeach. [t/n: Kakao Friends reference] 

cr

Just rewatched, this time with subs. Still the same satisfaction I felt last night when watching raw. Last night's episode was the episode for YR to "shine" (not!)... I really love seeing how she is little bit by little bit being stripped off of her confidence/power and rattled when people were disregarding her left and right. Truly a satisfying episode. Even more so with understanding the dialogues.

Lots of new reveal last night... That psychotic jealous LH who placed his trust in every wrong person possible. The over-scheming Dowager who could have just passed off Empress SH's death as a pure accident that she slipped by herself while talking a walk by the pond, instead of making up a heart attack as the cause of death.

I love how Sunny is no longer the nice person and how she uses her position as Empress well to get what she wants. Yet she still cares about CWB, in an indirect way, voicing out her concerns saying not expecting him to answer those, and then CWB giving answers, yet saying that he is not going to answer... That was so cute, okay! :lol:

Finally decide to join this forum..love JNR and CJH

I love how Sunny is no longer the nice person and how she uses her position as Empress well to get what she wants. Yet she still cares about CWB, in an indirect way, voicing out her concerns saying not expecting him to answer those, and then CWB giving answers, yet saying that he is not going to answer... That was so cute, okay! 

Simple gesture to show they are concern towards each other..it is cute though not asking but answering

Nice touch by the writer :)

Archived