[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

18 hours ago, ayenzel said:

Hello. I just started watching this drama and marathon till the latest episode. I think Jung Soon is not dead yet. I got the feeling that the Ahjusshi that help Wang Shik is the Jung Soon that went missing. When WooBin and Lee Hyuk fight on the sword scene, he said the fighting style seem familiar and he ask where did Woo Bin learned it. So Lee Hyuk recognize the fighting style. It's possible that the Ahjusshi saving Woo Bin is Jung Soon. 

Throughout the show I was hoping Sunny and Lee Hyuk will be together. But now episode 12 already still no progression between their love line. So I guess there will be no romance between this two? Feel sad that they won't cause i was hoping it will happen. I guess Sunny will be with Woo Bin???? 

At this point I feel like when LH starts to fall for Sunny it’s when she’s already completely over him or in love with WB so she won’t be wavered by his interest in her. And I feel like we will see his true feelings for her when he is about to lose her. Like either she asks for a divorce, starts acting distant, or seems like she’s into another man (without knowing yet it’s WB she’s actually falling for). I do feel like there is potential for LH to fall for a Sunny, just because even YR seemed to be jealous and insecure about them when she broke the picture. And gave Sunny the bad advice (which honestly I think worked against YR. yes he freaked out and everything, but he’s always been reminded of his first wife since their wedding day when he saw her in Sunny. Maybe this will be where his ‘obsession or affection’ roots for Sunny, because she reminds him of his ex).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay someone found more interesting info.   The screen of the live news shows the event takes place 1/17/2019(Tr)  If there is no cancellation, EP13 will be on that week. That’s a half way of 24 eps drama when they discover the mummy.  interesting how the writer timed for the discovery.  

Lk52Upc.png

cr to DC

the way LH jumped into the water by splashing down with his stomach   haha  I don’t know about swimming so I can’t tell whether it’s incorrect or not but it looks funny.  Maybe SRR did it like that on purpose??

UVJsPQl.gif

cr to DC

CJH did this car chasing scene by himself without using a stunt man.  I don’t know if it’s a smart thing for CJH to do.   But then in his previous drama he had to produce 21 kiss scenes, nearly one in every ep (so he got the title of a kiss master haha)   Maybe it was too much for him so now he wants to do something different?? haha

UQqDn1E.gif

Spoiler

YqMru0Z.gif

cr to DC

6 hours ago, booha said:

the way LH jumped into the water by splashing down with his stomach   haha  I don’t know about swimming so I can’t tell whether it’s incorrect or not but it looks funny.  Maybe SRR did it like that on purpose??

lol i didnt even notice. i was too busy looking at those topless men hahaha.. 

but i took swimming lessons as a kid and we have to jump with our head down first.. it will be painful to jump the way the emperor did.. 

9 hours ago, booha said:

I didn't notice too... but now that you mentioned it, yes CJH had a better entry into the water.... but SSR propelled himself further. 

Ooo I can't wait for Wednesday night to come. I think I'm having withdrawal already. Not very productive these days, keep checking for updates for TLE....

got to rewatch ep 5 and 6 over the weekend and i noticed some things that i have completely missed the first time watching

then again i am the type of those that skip watching and the fast forward type

hahaha

so empress dowager already warned sunny before about myr most probably because she thinks sunny is so ignorant and blind that she fail to see things happening around her

but i noticed that sunny is not as clueless as she was pictured in the beginning of this drama

she might be innocent and naive type of a gal

but she is also smart and able to put two and two together and figuring things out on her own as well

she also not the type to sit back and watch everything unfolds around her

she still makes effort and work toward finding out things and figuring things out

so the fact that she quickly able to figures that myr was sabotaging her relationship with her hubby was interesting

and the fact that she aptly try to tackle it up front is also showing her bravery

she might be slow than us all, then again we are watching this in all perspectives while she has her own only

and in the next ep she might try to still hold on to the hope that she might make it work with the emperor

but who can blame her?

they are married and just until a while ago, she seriously thought that they are madly in love with one another

it will take time just a lil longer for her to come to term with herself

but when that happen, she will have her resolution and sticks to it

and i am guessing only then lee hyuk finds her amazing and started to fell for her along with his possessive demeanor which can't stand seeing someone who was used to be idolising and worshiping him

to be suddenly indifferent to him and treating him with alofment and most probably avoiding him as well

or she could go the other way around and showing her defiance and stubbornness and constantly being in his face going against him, that making her more interesting and more alluring than the previously clueless oh sunny

either way would be interesting

hahaha

the last scene of ep 6 is amazing

i am happy that this is not a daily drama

at least we have to wait only until ep 6 before heroin finds out almost everything and it took the hero lot less time to got the revelation

^_^

btw i am getting fed up with myr pitiful acting, i mean her acting like as a damsel in distress and acting innocent when things happen

that is just so annoying, but it sure makes the emperor happy, him being the hero time after time, he must be gloating and feeling like a savior

meh

hahaha

now i am more curious about his relationship with the late empress for now

it seems that he truly lover her and yet he hated everything about her now

so it is possible that she betrayed him before her death

might have an affair with that guy who died also

or maybe she didnt even loves him in truth and just using him acting all innocent and naive while carrying hidden agenda

ah so many maybe for this one...

i wonder which one will be used by the writer

^__^

My favourite scene in last week's episode was actually the fight scene between woon bin and the emperor. Each time the drawing of the emperor came out, I snickered. He's so ugly in the drawings that it's good. 

Although a minor character in the show, I can't help but notice that the Grand Empress Dowager during her time as empress, must be a kind and motherly one who is well-loved. She did not seem to have an elitist mind and without second thoughts, accepted Sunny and her family. She did not seem to have any upper class snobbery at all. And for that reason, I can see how she so easily empathises with Sunny who seemed to be kind and loving too. 

6 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

... I only noticed those tights! hahaha... seriously I wish I could have fun tights to wear for gym... despite @chubby^green^ fun explanation, am still not sure why choi jin hyuk was wearing shorts on top of tights. kekekek... is that current swim wear fashion? actually didn't know that men also wear tights now for swimming?

8 hours ago, booha said:

CJH did this car chasing scene by himself without using a stunt man.  I don’t know if it’s a smart thing for CJH to do.   But then in his previous drama he had to produce 21 kiss scenes, nearly one in every ep (so he got the title of a kiss master haha)   Maybe it was too much for him so now he wants to do something different?? haha

21 kisses?? omo!! :lol:... well guess he has enough screen experience to put into practice in this drama?.... wait a minute, even emperor penguin has been kissing like crazy... maybe he will also get 21 count?... sounds like it would be a good bet? :sweatingbullets:

Hi, i have being silent reader until now..

Just to share my thought. I think Sunny will understand what Grandmother Empress tell her, "to be as wise as a fox and as powerful as a lion". 

I think, that what she will become in the future episodes.

Just as side topic, you can listen to Lenka ; everything at once.

All the idiom is there. 

:D

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

21 kisses?? omo!! :lol:... well guess he has enough screen experience to put into practice in this drama?.... wait a minute, even emperor penguin has been kissing like crazy... maybe he will also get 21 count?... sounds like it would be a good bet? :sweatingbullets:

Just between the first wife and Sunny, he already kissed them 4 times. If he kissed the mistress/lover 18 times, he would definitely break CJH record.

ps. I will not count the kiss from his mother. Trying to keep my mind clean :D 

pss. How do we count this: Sunny denounces their illicit affair and asks something to be done but granny orders the jail time for Yu ra, who would get the credit for putting her there?

psss. I am so curious as to what would the nanny be telling the empress. It is too early to confess about their one night stand and the illegitimate daughter

50 minutes ago, at2005 said:

Just between the first wife and Sunny, he already kissed them 4 times. If he kissed the mistress/lover 18 times, he would definitely break CJH record.

ps. I will not count the kiss from his mother. Trying to keep my mind clean :D 

pss. How do we count this: Sunny denounces their illicit affair and asks something to be done but granny orders the jail time for Yu ra, who would get the credit for putting her there?

psss. I am so curious as to what would the nanny be telling the empress. It is too early to confess about their one night stand and the illegitimate daughter

Um, have you watched the 21 kisses by CJH though? It's from Devilish Joy. It is quite different from the kisses we've seen so far here :PB) I'm not even regarding the kisses done by LH here (well, maybe except for the one on the boat with YR) and I'm not sure if anyone can surpass the number of kisses (and I do mean kisses) from that show anytime soon.

I agree that it is too early for Sunny to discover too much too soon, considering the number of episodes left.

31 minutes ago, monalisa said:

Can't believe Ms Park Won Sook looks better now than she did in All About Eve. She's nearly 70 but who knew?

Funny how I just saw an MV of Star in My Heart over the weekend. She was in there too. I think the last empress is the first one I have seen her playing a nice person.

54 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Um, have you watched the 21 kisses by CJH though? It's from Devilish Joy. It is quite different from the kisses we've seen so far here :PB) I'm not even regarding the kisses done by LH here (well, maybe except for the one on the boat with YR) and I'm not sure if anyone can surpass the number of kisses (and I do mean kisses) from that show anytime soon.

I agree that it is too early for Sunny to discover too much too soon, considering the number of episodes left.

I haven't seen that series/drama. Just looked up the compilation of DJ's kissining scenes on youtube. Not all his kisses were tongue battling or spit swapping but dang, yeah, quite a lot.

Wednesday doesn't come soon enough...this is why I always wait until the series/drama is completed to begin watching. The agony of waiting week after week for 1-2 eps is so hard to endure.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:11 PM, Matilda_Anne said:

@Lmangla

i choose sunny! my mother said the grandmama coz she has more power than sunny..

edited comment —> mom said the grandmama will put yura in jail on behalf of sunny and lee hyuk will be angry at her and kill the grandmama. sunny will see the killing and decided enough is enough.. bam! she turns salty and seek revenge. 

omo i love this thread.. always has a poll to keep us guessing.. please make a new poll every week! 

I like your mom’s salty revenge by Sunny.  haha  That’s kind of Sunny I would like to see when she decides to raise her sword.  Hopefully you will share with us more about your mom’s comment.  haha She knows how to watch kdrama.

to your mom  :D

Uh87730.jpg

15 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

but i took swimming lessons as a kid and we have to jump with our head down first.. it will be painful to jump the way the emperor did.. 

I don’t think you are the only one who got lost by staring at the scene.  haha I assume this person spotted LH’s belly flop after long staring  whahaa  We all share the same weakness.    Actually for the fan service , that swimming scene is rather clever. By now the allure of the shower scene has lost its potency after so many repeats right?  So maybe PDnim had a brainstorm meeting and they stumbled on the idea of  a swimming contest to kill two birds at once, showing off SSR and CJH together.  whahaa    
As @Lmangla mentioned why the short pants, so I googled (I’m a google junkie hehe) for men’s long swimsuits since I don’t know much about man’s swimwear fashion.   Yes there aren’t many pictures showing a man wearing shorts on the top of tights.  Actually there is only one I could find.  I guess we will never know why.

Maybe the stylist decided LH is an emperor so he should have a better/sexy looking outfit than his subordinate bodyguard WB.  Even in competition WB is careful and tries not to win against LH.

Spoiler

8mYdtYa.jpg

Well  Park Won Suk (as granny dowager) has appeared on our writer’s dramas a few times. :lol:

KjkMQO3.gif

2sQwQNe.gif

Spoiler

g31U29c.gif

Qfbg9kI.gif

cr to DC

New character;    a detective squad chief.. (actor Kim Su Hwan)
(He is the last one in the photo) 비취도 형사반장 .. 역 김수환

Spoiler

GjmkKL4.jpg

3 special guest appearance
Park Gyuri: EP13
Song Jae-hee: LH’s dad, through LH’s memory
Ko Se-Won : Prime minster, second appearance after EP1

MNUWvEf.jpg

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003356304

SBS Tanhyeon Production Center

#CJH#action#motion graphic #animation

#fight#animation#clip

I love how SBS gives us these behind the scenes. They're really having fun doing this drama. And sorry if I can't help but smile with Nara's and Choi Jin hyuk's interactions. Great friendship between these two :wub: And proud of Nara that even if she has anxiety with performing live on stage, she did the singing parts live. People are now reminded that she is indeed a singer.

^

watching the bts video making me more excited for tomorrow's ep

i think sunny wont go all full revenge mode just yet

though the imminent death of the granny empress would seal the deal for sure

poor sunny and yet it has to be done sighs

i am wondering though at this moment about what sunny to do with her hubby

it seems that sunny is still wavering atm so...

what will lee hyuk do that would kills the love sunny had for him for good

will he lies on her face shamelessly and then sneak out to see myr, more than once?

or will it be another big event that break her heart for good

it has been a while since a drama is making me anxious for the next ep

this one is making me anticipating it with such giddy

hahaha

anyway

jang nara insta update

another coffee truck from one of the go back couple co star hwang bo reum (i think)

45524139_216987215883581_9193502877817544741_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fszb2-1.fna.fbcdn.net

46393206_230003741246296_5270799648156394647_n.jpg

2 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

And proud of Nara that even if she has anxiety with performing live on stage, she did the singing parts live. People are now reminded that she is indeed a singer.

gosh she is an amazing singer in this drama

she has always been amazing, bt it has been a while since i last watch her sings with so much confidence and grace

in go back couple, although she sings, her character was someone who was lacking confidence and courage

so was singing rather timidly in that drama

but this drama, her being musical actress, she just shine when it comes to singing

aish this should have been a musical drama with mystery and revenge plot 

then we can see everyone belting out, telling what's on their mind with songs

:tounge_xd:

i just realised that choi ji hyuk is lee min ho’s brother in ‘the heirs’.!!! lmao i was scrolling netflix to kill time and randomly hit the play button on one of ‘the heirs’ ep and there he was lol.. arggh so handsome even when he played the character of a cold hearted step brother :kiss_wink:

32 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

aish this should have been a musical drama with mystery and revenge plot 

then we can see everyone belting out, telling what's on their mind with songs

:tounge_xd:

Wow, that would be the drama to wait for... I love musicals... and it's not like it cannot be done because we do have some actors/actresses who sing very well. The challenge would then be the composer... but then again, so many great OST are born from dramas, so why not, yeah?...

Although I am not addicted to the series as you guys do, I couldn't help but edit this!!

:wub::heart::love:

I hope you guys will like my artwork!!!!

just putting Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra aside, I think I should watch how Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik fall in love!!

YES, give me more!!!! :wub:

48273141_2109198102725058_62725251284839

Archived