Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

@Lmangla I’ll go with option 4. I hold on to what Jang Nara said that her bright character ends in episode 6 which is the last episode. Oh Sunny will start to grow her fangs and lock up yura. But actually I want her to work like Woobin. Perhaps she needs to pretend that she didn’t know that both yura and lee hyuk are cheating on her but she’s actually planning something for her revenge. Min yura is not an easy opponent, she’s manipulative and smart so our heroine should play her cards well for her not to end in a graveyard. I think she will have to stick her ground firmly in the palace.

maybe another poll in the future. How will grandma die and who will possibly kill her?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, violette00 said:

Hello everyone:) imclude me too in your fun chats and detective stories haha. I was reading everything here from past few days but chose to be a silent member. Watched episodes 11-12 and i was really hit back with that nanny being a one night stand of emperor *sigh*. I literally feel bad for the little girl- she is so bright. And I'm guessing too that corpse maybe of 

Reveal hidden contents

Yura? Maybe yura and emperor finally joined hands against sunny and wanted to kill her (which is yet to shown) and NWS and sunny will turn the tables?

Also; according to wikipedia;

Reveal hidden contents

The grandmother mother will die soon??

Hope to have a comical ride here as i can see some members are very humorous here haha.

Welcome Violette00. Feel free to jump in and share your comments. I too feel bad for the little girl. As a very young age, she has to tread carefully, trying to kiss up to everyone important, from her mother, to the emperor then the new empress. What have they done to her..

@Lmangla I say Option D: Sunny will put her in there to test the emperor. I watched all 6 episodes again and at the end of the very last one, I think Sunny told herself to trust her husband one more time. So I think it will be her putting Yu Ra there to test LH to see if he deserves her love/trust/etc ever again.

Question: In ep 1, when the emperor talked to his mother after the first incident, he said something about either Jung Soon made him do something or Jung Soon did something to the emperor...The Engsub and the Vietsub gave different translation...not sure which is the correct statement...Something horrible must have happened for the emperor to claim JS a horrible lunatic. And the empress dowager, please don't tell me she was having an affair with Jung Soon. Why would she summon a male to the palace/probably her chamber every night.

• Like 7

I just started watching this and completed the first 2 episodes. Has anyone yet raised why the Emperor had a sudden change of heart towards Min Yura, from wanting her dead to now wanting to marry her? All because she wanted to take the fall for him on the accident? Doesn't seem to make sense to me. If I were the Emperor, wouldn't that just be the perfect end to all his troubles if she had actually died?

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

@Lmangla  He wore shorts over his swimming tights because the tights split at a certain spot - he was hungry and ate a frozen turkey in the palace kitchen meant for xmas - and he left his sewing needle in his room, so he had to don the shorts, which he had sewed himself to save money.

Sunny put Yura in the cell. She's smart and has decided to fight for the emperor...they seem to be having a good time in the preview.

I'm happy the assassin died. 

Is the younger brother the son of the mother, or by another woman?

The nanny is creepy. She's in love with the emperor.

Do you think that Wang Shik will go after the emperor next? Then good luck to him. He's bound to fail. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Yay, more people are coming to join the discussion... welcome @violette00 @gilaswan

@at2005 thanks for the english chart!!

The emperor may or may not know that little princess is his daughter. We don't know that for sure yet. I am thinking he doesn't know he even slept with the nanny. I think he would have got rid of her if so. 

LH fell for YR maybe because he thought she is the only person on his side, someone who can be his ally against mommy dearest....

• Like 8

@gilaswan yeap, it makes more sense and cleaner to kill Yu Ra. I think he kept kept her alive to use her against his mother. I am debating on LH/the emperor's character. Sometimes he shows himself as a weak man, immature and afraid to take responsibility for his action/crime. His mother says he easily trusts ppl and has a soft heart But then other times, he seems to be a cunning, wicked psycho who us not right in the head and always manipulates ppl around him.

@ChewyChocolate i think WS is out to destroy both the emperor and Yu Ra. What is the best way to destroy someone? Destroy what they really want the most. The worst thing is not death, but to lose everything you work hard for right before your eye when it is within your reach.

• Like 9

Well I just read  that could the first empress be the daughter of WS’s mentor/savior?  ((*sorry I don’t have the software for screencap ))
The vase shows her name 변(last name)현진 and WS’s mentor has the last name 변(Byeon) :o

O5dQSRT.gif

cr to DC

On 12/6/2018 at 8:37 PM, at2005 said:

Ahhh funny how I didn't find that scene heart wrenching/tear jerking. Not that JNR didn't act well enough for me to feel her pain as I could see her disbelief and her pain on her face and in her eyes. I felt a slight of happiness and found myself relieved as WS was there with her. His covering her eye action was a bit late but I could feel his intention of saving her from the same pain that caused by a betrayal of a loved one. His action touched my heart.

haha  I realize that I forgot to say it was music which made me laugh.  Right after Sunny’s bracelet broke off,  music sounded off.  The scene reminded me of typical old classic movie scene. I know it’s so cheesily sentimental, yet  I like it.  A scene like that makes my face drool over it.  haha   Yeah my head says it’s so cheesy but my emotion says more more.  lol    JNR did great by showing so much feeling in that instant when Sunny noticed what WB did for her.  :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, booha said:

Well I just read  that could the first empress be the daughter of WS’s mentor/savior?  ((*sorry I don’t have the software for screencap ))
The vase shows her name 변(last name)현진 and WS’s mentor has the last name 변(Byeon) :o

:o indeed.... I am going to say that she is his daughter and that's why he left his position in the palace. 

The mystery is getting more intricate... love it!

Btw, am I the only one who is reminded of King Elvis by that white golden long robe of LH? :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

updating the jailbird poll : "who put yura in jail?"

option A: penguin's mother --- she doesn't need an excuse; she will cook up something if there wasn't one... @Lmangla  @ktcjdrama

option B: the sister bird -- she is mad she lost her CEO position and is cawing like a crow

option C: grandmother -- she is sad her hairpin didn't kill her and decides to cool her in a cell --  matilda_anne's mom

option D: sunny! -- the fangs have arrived. @booha  @stella77  @Matilda_Anne  @alekaonu  @nakatsubebe @at2005 @ChewyChocolate

what is your choice chingus? do you think sunny is bloodthirsty yet?

@booha ~ ooh, the mystery deepens; so the old empress may even be a relative of that jedi master. he could be her uncle, brother or cousin besides being dad...

@ktcjdrama ~ kekekek, I sort of like his dramatic white pajamas and cape because penguin looks like a fun version of angry ghost. hahahahha.. and I love how he has tiger embroidered on even his suits and jackets. is this the elvis suit you are talking about? am not sure if penguin can pull this off though? :sweatingbullets:

c7155ee1e5572315d18977d11078495e.jpg

P.S ~ we have a new event virtual angel where we play a sort of secret santa/angel game and cheer each other on. do join us and check out the events section. kamsamihda! hoping to see some of you there.

Edited by Lmangla
adding names
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

18 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

i find him too adorable in go back couple and kinda not ship them two in the story but was hoping that they could do a drama together as a couple

Yup me too. That's how I discovered and like Jang Ki Young from Go Back Couple. I still can't forget the way he stared at Nara's character in the drama. Looking forward to see both Jang Ki Young and Jang Nara as the main couple soon. OMG I just realized now that both of them are "Jang". So funny that I never realized it before.

21 hours ago, Lmangla said:

here's another poll: "who put yura in jail?"

option A: penguin's mother --- she doesn't need an excuse; she will cook up something if there wasn't one...

option B: the sister bird -- she is mad she lost her CEO position and is cawing like a crow

option C: grandmother -- she is sad her hairpin didn't kill her and decides to cool her in a cell

option D: sunny! -- the fangs have arrived.

Annyeong chingu deul :) hi @Lmangla chingu, I will choose Option D :D

• Like 8

@Lmangla

i choose sunny! my mother said the grandmama coz she has more power than sunny..

edited comment —> mom said the grandmama will put yura in jail on behalf of sunny and lee hyuk will be angry at her and kill the grandmama. sunny will see the killing and decided enough is enough.. bam! she turns salty and seek revenge. 

omo i love this thread.. always has a poll to keep us guessing.. please make a new poll every week! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

This drama moves faster than the wind and I can't wait till next week! There's so many subplots going on right now. I wonder what that nanny is up to and why did the late empress pass away that makes the King so mad thinking of her. And how will CJH and JNR get together in the palace, what about the younger brother of the king? Will the grandma pass away??? What is going to happen!! ahhhhhh

• Like 8

How amazing was the last two episodes?

I had no intention of making an MV for this drama but couldn't resist. I loved Gaho's song the first time I heard it and was surprised they released it early.

Raise your hand if you got Naruto vibes from the animation scenes :phew:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:o indeed.... I am going to say that she is his daughter and that's why he left his position in the palace. 

The mystery is getting more intricate... love it!

Btw, am I the only one who is reminded of King Elvis by that white golden long robe of LH? :lol:

The mentor had a weird expression when WB mentioned the Emperor. The emperor said WB's fighting style is very familiar.

Does anyone find it strange when they switch back & forth from 'old set' to modern? When they whip out a mobile phone or I see the ear piece the guards use, I feel I went down the rabbit hole to another dimension!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I just started watching this and completed the first 2 episodes. Has anyone yet raised why the Emperor had a sudden change of heart towards Min Yura, from wanting her dead to now wanting to marry her? All because she wanted to take the fall for him on the accident? Doesn't seem to make sense to me. If I were the Emperor, wouldn't that just be the perfect end to all his troubles if she had actually died?

13 hours ago, at2005 said:

yeap, it makes more sense and cleaner to kill Yu Ra. I think he kept kept her alive to use her against his mother. I am debating on LH/the emperor's character. Sometimes he shows himself as a weak man, immature and afraid to take responsibility for his action/crime. His mother says he easily trusts ppl and has a soft heart But then other times, he seems to be a cunning, wicked psycho who us not right in the head and always manipulates ppl around him

Im actually wondering if he even really has ‘fallen’ for YR. I say this because when we find out it was LH that had been behind the crane incident, he tells his guy not to tell YR. is this maybe because he doesn’t want her to know he’s capable of hurting whoever, maybe even her, to do what he wants? Is it maybe he’s using her in his revenge scheme against his mother? He holds a grudge against her to this day cause he thinks the mom is responsible for his first wife’s death?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

After the big revelation I'm wondering how Sunni decides to act? I was sure she  wouldn't let LH near her or play a happy couple card. But judging from the preview it looks just like that. Like she still can't let go of her infatuation with the Emperor and continues to fight for *their love*.  I mean I can understand that it's imposible to just shut down these feelings she had for LH for so long, but I'm surprised she still stubbornly has some faith in her husband when he lies her in the face and making it seem like she is the one at fault. I hope there is the catch. Sunni is smart and won't be easily fooled now even if deep down she wants to. She won't be able to look at LH the same way she did before even if she tries to deny the obvious. She know realized she doesn't know the man she calls her husband. So will she gives him one more chance? Or will she opts to wait and see, being on guard now and trying to test LH?

I really don't want to see the *it's all her fault, she seduced him first* scenario. I know Sunni can do better than that and she is surely not one of those who'd let to step on her like that. This girl has dignity and backbone so I do hope the preview is misleading...

Otherwise it looks like one last wake up call is needed and that is gonna be Grandma's death.

• Like 7

Oh yeah and for those here that are looking for a show similiar to Last Empress, if it hasn’t been suggested then I recommend the show, Money Flower. For some reason I sometimes think of it as I watch this show.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Hello. I just started watching this drama and marathon till the latest episode. I think Jung Soon is not dead yet. I got the feeling that the Ahjusshi that help Wang Shik is the Jung Soon that went missing. When WooBin and Lee Hyuk fight on the sword scene, he said the fighting style seem familiar and he ask where did Woo Bin learned it. So Lee Hyuk recognize the fighting style. It's possible that the Ahjusshi saving Woo Bin is Jung Soon. 

Throughout the show I was hoping Sunny and Lee Hyuk will be together. But now episode 12 already still no progression between their love line. So I guess there will be no romance between this two? Feel sad that they won't cause i was hoping it will happen. I guess Sunny will be with Woo Bin???? 

• Like 9