[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

7 Game-Changing Moments From âThe Last Empressâ Episodes 9-12

7 Game-Changing Moments From “The Last Empress” Episodes 9-12

The Last Empress” is full of more twists and turns than we ever thought possible, and Episodes 9-12 were no exception. This week we saw shifting alliances, shocking revelations, and the development of new relationships. Characters are starting to show different sides of themselves, and in a drama that has so much incredibly intense plot, we’re pleasantly surprised to find that “The Last Empress” is really delivering on the character growth as well! The battle is on for power, life, and love in the palace, so here are seven ways characters changed the game in this week’s episodes.

Warning: spoilers for Episodes 9-12 below! Proceed with caution.

1. When Yoo Ra was caught red-handed

It’s hard to get privacy in the palace, but Emperor Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) and Min Yoo Ra (Lee Elijah) are hardly discreet about their illicit relationship. Now that the Grand Empress Dowager (Park Won Sook) has found out about their affair, Yoo Ra has one less friend in the palace. This doesn’t really matter as long as she has Hyuk on her side, but making enemies of the rest of the royal family will likely come back to bite her in the future!

Read more: https://www.soompi.com/article/1275335wpp/7-game-changing-moments-last-empress-episodes-9-12

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Carmarie said:

Perhaps that explains why LH's mother is so protective of him.  She feels she has to help him, rule the country.  It would also explain why she did not want him to marry YR.   YR is easily manipulating the emperor. She really doesn't care about him, the country, or the institution of the monarchy, she only cares for herself and living a grand lifestyle.

Blademan said

Dude I get that you want to gain the Emperor's loyalty but dang! How does this make you any different...?

Perhaps he is coming from another angle.  He can see Sunny hurting and he wants her to stop at the same time he has to do something to throw suspicion off of him.  

I must admit my first reaction while watching the end scene was to kick WS. Seriously seeing that look in Sunni's eyes when she realized this whole situation was not a simple misunderstanding... The moment this realization dawned on her even before WS could articulate it. I was like  Arggggggh! She was betrayed TWICE by the people she trusted most! That's just too cruel.

But later when emotions died down a little, I realized this may be WS's twisted way of protecting Sunni?

Yes, he surely kills two birds with one stone and it so damn wrong of him to do so but wasn't LH commanding him to get rid of Sunni as a way to prove his loyalty? He never elaborated what he meant by get rid of (though I do believe he meant it literary). But WS opted to get rid of the Empress figuratively  by totally destroying her reputation. And that redeems him a little (just a little bit). I mean if WS hadn't volontureed for the task LH could have made someone else to do it. And there is no guarantee WS would be able to protect Sunni then.

Looks like theacher Byun was mistaken and SW can act despicable.

But even though I know that Sunni will come to understand the reasons behind WS's actions I still want him to get some good beating from her. -_-

@ktcjdrama  @Matilda_Anne  @nakatsubebe

Thank you so much for the live recaps.  I am always amazed about anyone who is able to do live recaps, typing while a live streaming.  :sweatingbullets:    Yes I know when I read live caps I will find about a spoiler  but that’s tradeoff.  But most of time even if I came to know about a spoiler, it didn’t diminish enjoying a drama viewing.   Sometimes knowing about a spoiler made me less FF.   :)

Now I have to trust the writer about WB’s surprise betrayal acting with Sunny.  The writer should have a very very sound reason for WB’s nasty behavior.  If WB did it because he wanted to earn trust from LH,  I would want to give a good pounding on the table.   hehe  :tears:

1 hour ago, booha said:

@ktcjdrama  @Matilda_Anne  @nakatsubebe

Thank you so much for the live recaps.  I am always amazed about anyone who is able to do live recaps, typing while a live streaming.  :sweatingbullets:    Yes I know when I read live caps I will find about a spoiler  but that’s tradeoff.  But most of time even if I came to know about a spoiler, it didn’t diminish enjoying a drama viewing.   Sometimes knowing about a spoiler made me less FF.   :)

Now I have to trust the writer about WB’s surprise betrayal acting with Sunny.  The writer should have a very very sound reason for WB’s nasty behavior.  If WB did it because he wanted to earn trust from LH,  I would want to give a good pounding on the table.   hehe  :tears:

I ended up reading another recap of the episodes and it was mentioned that LH asked WS to get rid of Sunny...now whether he meant to actually kill her or destroy her reputation, I am not sure as I still need the subtitles to know. But it that is the case, being betrayed is certainly much better than actually dying.

Could this relate to why the corpse was found in the beginning of the show???

Oh! What if the reason that grandma queen dies is because she was protecting Sunny and it was supposed to originally be her???

:open_mouth:

Hi everyone first time posting here

So NWS killed MPJ and used his body to get attention away from him. But wouldn´t the other noticed that he is missing? They wouldn´t just forget about him just like that.

Also thinking about the title of the drama. Maybe at the end of this drama the monarchy will come to an end and thus Ssuni will be the last empress. 

It was so mean of the drama crew to not give us a preview after such a cliffhanger :P...looking forward to tomorrow´s episode.  

44 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

12/12/18

The Last Empress: 8.2/11.5%

Children of Nobody 3.9/ 5.2%

Feel Good to Die 2.4%/2.4%

God’s Quiz Reboot 2%

Encounter 8.5%

Woot woot! Congrats to TLE team!

That cliffhanger was unexpected. I know he has good intention but can’t help but hate Woo Bin now.

I don’t know how Sunny is going to fight the evil emperor team now as she seems not to have anyone on her side except the Grand Empress Dowager.

Seems like the Emperor would catch them red-handed. 

10 hours ago, stella77 said:

Please use spoilers tag since some of us are waiting for English subs? I guess I can avoid the thread until I have seen the episodes but it is just not as fun. 

sorry i assumed people want to read spoilers/looking for live updates when they come to this thread on wed and thursday night.. my bad. will be more careful in the future.

[The Last Empress] Eps 13 & 14 spoilers, Choi Jin Hyuk x Jang Na Ra

last.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Jang Na Ra involved in a secret relationship with Choi Jin Hyuk in his self-fabricated story.. plot twist 'backstab' 

1. [+138,-1]
It's such an interesting makjang. ㅋㅋㅋ If I were to write a makjang script as interesting as this, I think my heart would hurt. ㅋㅋ

2. [+87,-0]
Kim Sun Ok, you............ 

3. [+67,-3]
This is too much!!!! Of course, it would be funnier if Cheon Woo Bin falls for Oh Ssu Ni suddenly.. but Cheon Woo Bin is using Oh Ssu Ni for revenge... Hoo.. The Empress is so pitiful. But still, it's interesting. To enjoy refreshing food properly, you'd have to eat sweet potatoes [t/n: sweet potatoes = frustrating story/plot] in a warm place first before eating at a cooling place. That would be the best. 

4. [+56,-4]
This is frustrating. ㅠㅠ

5. [+45,-5]
Ssu Ni-ya, let's walk the dark path. ㅠㅠ 

6. [+26,-1]
Wow, the scriptwriter is such a genius. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is so interesting. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It doesn't make sense, but it does. 

7. [+21,-2]
Looks like there's a reason why she's popular~~ The scriptwriter really writes well~~ There are no boring parts~

8. [+20,-6]
Lee Elijah's acting is so good that she made me so angry.. It feels like I'm watching some morning drama. 

9. [+14,-0]
Actor Choi Jin Hyuk's acting is so good!~ I think Woo Bin has a big picture. Going to see Choi Jin Hyuk tomorrow too~ 

10. [+14,-1]
I think there's some kind of plot twist at the end. Choi Jin Hyuk might have talked to Jang Na Ra about it too... 

empress.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Oh Seung Yoon runs away in his underwear when Shin Eun Kyung looks for him 

1. [+167,-5]
Today's interesting too~~ Choi Jin Hyuk is amazing at the end~~ It may be for revenge, but Jang Na Ra is pitiful. ㅠㅠ

2. [+116,-7]
Shin Eun Kyung's acting is jjang. 

3. [+90,-8]
I know that Jang Na Ra is good at acting, but she didn't lose in that war of nerves today. I had goosebumps... I'm so thankful that she's the Empress. I hope she gets an award this year!!! 

4. [+79,-6]
The ending was frustrating. ㅠㅠ Choi Jin Hyuk, don't do that. ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+20,-0]
Ah~~~ It's frustrating. I feel like hitting Min Yoo Ra.

6. [+20,-0]
Is Choi Jin Hyuk serious? Is he looking at the big picture? 

7. [+16,-1]
The woman who tried to jump into the sea, is that Kara?? Park Gyu Ri? 

8. [+15,-0]
Jang Na Ra's acting is so charismatic today!!! I think Choi Jin Hyuk is looking at a big picture too. It's fun~~~~ 

cr

2 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

Hi everyone first time posting here

So NWS killed MPJ and used his body to get attention away from him. But wouldn´t the other noticed that he is missing? They wouldn´t just forget about him just like that. 

Welcome to the crazy but fun ride with the Last Empress thread. 

Very good question about the MPJ. I hope the writer didn't expect the audiences to assume both MPJ and WS died in the explosion because that would lead to the question as to why they both were in a car together. Somehow, sometimes, the writer will need to tie up all loose ends.

11 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:
  Hide contents

when will sunny start her revenge?! im getting impatient here 

You have to give the girl time to grow up, to change and to get familiarized with the game in the palace :D Plus, they still have 17 1 hour episode left for Sunny to create chaos and clean up the mess. :D

ps EngSub for ep 7 (or 13-14) is out if anyone is interested. Just downloaded it. Will save it to watch altogether with the next episode.

what if.. 

Spoiler

sunny and cjh actually are the ones who framed the emperor. he thought he is the one to frame sunny but turns out sunny and cjh already cut a deal to frame him into believing he is one step ahed lmao.. hahahaha 

lol very unlikely to happen but still, it’s fun imagining things hahahah

I like this drama a lot.  I would like to see Sunny with more power and a more stronger personality.  The emperor seems a little psychotic.  Does he not know he has a child?  I believe Grandma will be murdered protecting Sunny.  I would like Sunny to adopt Princess Ari.

6 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

what if.. 

Hide contents

sunny and cjh actually are the ones who framed the emperor. he thought he is the one to frame sunny but turns out sunny and cjh already cut a deal to frame him into believing he is one step ahed lmao.. hahahaha 

lol very unlikely to happen but still, it’s fun imagining things hahahah

Ahhh...the twist...possible...nothing is impossible with this writer...I mean, who would expect for episode 7 to happen that way...so yeah, who knows...

3 minutes ago, fatherjohnaz said:

I like this drama a lot.  I would like to see Sunny with more power and a more stronger personality.  The emperor seems a little psychotic.  Does he not know he has a child?  I believe Grandma will be murdered protecting Sunny.  I would like Sunny to adopt Princess Ari.

I think she will. The girl has to learn from her lessons right (well I hope so) otherwise...Well she has to be strong in both power/influence as well as mentality because the people she is about to butt heads are people in powerful positions (the empress dowager, the empress) and she has to be stronger in the mind to deal with cunning/sly ppl like Yu Ra. 

I am still iffy about the emperor character.  I don't truly have a clear understanding of his character. He is psychotic in an immature childish way. He could be drugged when he did the deed with the nanny? But now with so many twists going on, I started having doubt the kid was even his...:D 

1 hour ago, AlexandraReid said:

3. [+67,-3]
This is too much!!!! Of course, it would be funnier if Cheon Woo Bin falls for Oh Ssu Ni suddenly.. but Cheon Woo Bin is using Oh Ssu Ni for revenge... Hoo.. The Empress is so pitiful. But still, it's interesting. To enjoy refreshing food properly, you'd have to eat sweet potatoes [t/n: sweet potatoes = frustrating story/plot] in a warm place first before eating at a cooling place. That would be the best. 

Now I understand what those sweet potato comments are :lol: I've been seeing sweet potatoes all over naver comments LOL I agree it's frustrating and painful to watch. At this point, I just want to sit back and just watch because our writer is just gonna burst our bubbles. Can't wait for more WTF!!!, How???, Why??? moments

hi, is it me only wanna see the Emperor falled for Sunny? Sunny's love should be responsed and he should be in pain when Sunny love for him ended ... 

Anyway dont know why but i found the Emperor is sexy more than WS? hahaha sorry just a personal feeling

i started to watch the drama because of JNR and because its surprised me with the rating, its higher than Encounter? That drama is kinda like on hit with 2 top stars...

2 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

You’re welcome @booha but @ktcjdrama did a better job :D 

The Last Empress has increased its ratings again! It’s the only double digit rating drama on its time slot right now :star:

12/12/18

The Last Empress: 8.2/11.5%

Children of Nobody 3.9/ 5.2%

Feel Good to Die 2.4%/2.4%

God’s Quiz Reboot 2%

Encounter 8.5%

Some articles has stated the above/mentioned ratings. But there are a few has said that the ratings for ep 13 and 14 are 6.8% and 9.1% respectively. Why is there an inconsistency between articles?

Archived