[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

1 minute ago, at2005 said:

Some articles has stated the above/mentioned ratings. But there are a few has said that the ratings for ep 13 and 14 are 6.8% and 9.1% respectively. Why is there an inconsistency between articles?

Those are TnMS ratings.

But AGB Nielsen is usually the dominant one and being published more

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

Those are TnMS ratings.

But AGB Nielsen is usually the dominant one and being published more

Not so sure..since I can't read Korean nor do I understanding the rating system. I depend on google translate

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Last_Empress/Episode_Ratings

If you look at this site, not sure if it is a reliable source, but so far, the ratings are quite accurate. The TNmS numbers are not that far behind when comparing to the Nielsen numbers. So the % for ep 13 should be around 8 and for ep 14 should be 11, which will be higher than the 6.8 and 9.1?? 

Date Episode TNmS (%) Nielsen Korea (%)
Nationwide Nationwide Seoul
2018-11-21 01 7.4 7.2 (14th) 7.7 (12th)
2018-11-21 02 8.1 7.6 (11th) 8.6 (8th)
2018-11-22 03 8.0 7.6 (13th) 8.6 (9th)
2018-11-22 04 8.5 8.5 (9th) 9.3 (8th)
2018-11-28 05 5.9 5.7 (20th) 5.8 (17th)
2018-11-28 06 7.0 7.9 (10th) 8.4 (9th)
2018-11-29 07 7.2 7.6 (13th) 8.0 (11th)
2018-11-29 08 8.2 9.3 (7th) 9.9 (5th)
2018-12-05 09 6.8 6.1 (18th) 6.8 (13th)
2018-12-05 10 9.2 9.3 (7th) 10.1 (5th)
2018-12-06 11 8.3 7.9 (12th) 8.3 (9th)
2018-12-06 12 10.1 10.5 (6th) 11.5 (3rd)
2018-12-12 13 - 8.2 (10th) 8.6 (10th)
2018-12-12 14 - 11.5 (4th) 12.3 (3rd)

Ps. I am not questioning you or your numbers. I am just curious as to why the numbers are inconsistent from article to article.

The preview is out.  Did Sunny and WB set a trap??  If so, thank you the writer  Sorry some of the lines are hard to read but it’s clear Sunny raised her sword.   Gosh  please the writer don’t let us down with Sunny 

SBS  'The Last Empress' Ep.15,16 Preview

4 minutes ago, Maku said:

https://youtu.be/VmIvWXa58MY

The preview.... my godddddddddd jang nara, I love her so much, the inner fire coming out... 

Oh dang...she is getting smarter, knowing how to use the modern technology to her advantage (taking photos with her phone)...you go girl..

I love her calm, firm, and cold tone when she has the talk with the empress dowager.

@at2005 It's ok. This has been a recurring question. TnMs and AGB are 2 different companies providing ratings for TV networks and their advertisers (or other clients). It's not just in Korea but I believe in other countries too, they provide same services.

AGB Nielsen usually is more dominant since I see most companies (networks, search engines, news reports) rely on their ratings. tnMS stopped providing Seoul Metropolitan ratings and AGB only has that information right now. Obviously, Seoul is the most important city for ratings since it's their most populated city.

Usually they don't differ with ratings. But sometimes they do because they are different companies with different subscribers anyway.

The 11.5% national rating for TLE is with AGB Nielsen. You can see it in most news reports and even in daum and naver.

Thanks @nakatsubebe...I work with numbers every day :D so it is in me to get curious when numbers are not consistent and don't make sense. 

@nikki7 I will use what the empress dowager told Sunny to answer your question: No one is being nice to you for no reason. The one being nice to you is the one one you need to watch out for :D  

Everyone is manipulating everyone around the palace...gosh, how do they live like that everyday...need to watch your back, no one is truly your friend...

3 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

So NWS killed MPJ and used his body to get attention away from him. But wouldn´t the other noticed that he is missing? They wouldn´t just forget about him just like that.

1 hour ago, at2005 said:

Very good question about the MPJ. I hope the writer didn't expect the audiences to assume both MPJ and WS died in the explosion because that would lead to the question as to why they both were in a car together. Somehow, sometimes, the writer will need to tie up all loose ends.

NWS specifically told MYR on the phone that he dumped MPJ's body into the ocean which is why everyone assumes NWS was the only body in the car. And they found a bullet in the back of MPJ's head so that's another reason for them to believe the dead body was NWS. Was that what you guys were wondering?

1 minute ago, sonequeen01 said:

NWS specifically told MYR on the phone that he dumped MPJ's body into the ocean which is why everyone assumes NWS was the only body in the car. And they found a bullet in the back of MPJ's head so that's another reason for them to believe the dead body was NWS. Was that what you guys were wondering?

Ahhh...he did say that? I totally missed that part either that or my memory is not working well (part of aging)..I will have to go back and watch that episode. Thanks, that makes more sense.

Another question: MPJ, what is his role in the palace? I know he was like a beck and call to the emperor but I didn't quite catch his role in the palace. 

@at2005 Ma Pil Joo is the emperor's right hand man. He is part of the imperial guard but he is the emperor's most trusted and usually cleans up his mess after. I guess once Woobin gets the emperor's full trust then he can have Ma Pil Joo's position.

I hope the ratings will pass 15%. Choi Jin Hyuk promised on his V live that he will show the whole set when the ratings go up to 15%. They have a nice set, makes me believe there is really a working imperial palace in Korea.

(translation)

SBS  'The Last Empress' Ep.15,16 Preview

(LH) Once again I bow down and apologize to the public
(YR) It’s all ended  Pyeha(your majesty)
(LH) I’m going to make MYR the empress.  
(Sunny) I was an idiot not knowing you two were trash.
(WB) Now is it going to start one by one?
(Byeon?) It’s already started ((**sounds like Byeon mentor))
(GD) You are CWB?   Would I check on you?    
(WB) I’m honored Grand Dowager 

(024) (Sunny) ((inaudible))  
(GD) Before I will rip you apart   
(Sunny) It’s unnecessary for you to get so worked up about it.  It hasn’t begun yet

Edit: 

@Maku   :)

11 minutes ago, fatherjohnaz said:

Does anyone else think that YR is the oone in the body bag at the beginning of the drama

I think so too!!! Of course there is no evidence to say that it will be her but I just think that would be divine justice!! Especially if the emperor is framed for her murder...

EP 13-14 Comments

Spoiler

Dang, I thought Ari's mother could have been an ally to the Empress, but she's another baddie with her own agenda. Lots of characters and their enemies overlapping.

It was good to see Sunny hold her own against Yu Ra, but then it was sad to see her get caught in a trap so fast at the end. Quite a cliffhanger though. Hoping she will learn her lesson soon and find out that the Emperor never even liked her. She is putting all the blame on Yu Ra for the affair, not the Emperor.

@nakatsubebe Thanks. my impression is that he doesnt seem like an imperial guard, more like an assassin.

I too hope for a constant constinuously increase in rating.

1 minute ago, lumibear said:

EP 13-14 Comments

Hide contents

...She is putting all the blame on Yu Ra for the affair, not the Emperor.

Sad reality. The woman always blames the other woman for the affair but never think that it takes two to tango. I would blame the man first for not keeping his thing in his pants as he should.

14 minutes ago, rita96 said:

... Especially if the emperor is framed for her murder...

I would love for Sunny to trick the emperor into killing Yura ..what a better way to revenge a man than to make him kill the one he loves with his own hands. 

a4KR3nk.gif

R1HaYdc.gif

Spoiler

zKIS2XQ.gifvDFWceA.gif

cr to DC

Jin Hyuk:   #TLE  # Did you watch it live?  #I haven’t seen it because of the shooting of Singles, Jan ... I think there are a lot of people who have experienced a lot of shocks  because of the reverse after the reverse #TLE # Please watch it live today! #will not be disappointed~

Archived