[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Shin Eun Kyung Is A Regal But Terrifying Empress Dowager In “The Last Empress”

by E. Cha

a6dd4959339c4ec7bc28f143f1721f48.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “The Last Empress” has unveiled new stills of Shin Eun Kyung in her role as empress dowager!

“The Last Empress” is a new Wednesday-Thursday drama set in an alternate universe in which a constitutional monarchy exists in 2018. The upcoming thriller will tell the story of Oh Sunny (played by Jang Nara), a bubbly musical actress who suddenly becomes a modern-day Cinderella when she marries the emperor. After a royal murder shakes things up at the palace, Oh Sunny attempts to search for true love and happiness while bringing down the imperial family.

Actress Shin Eun Kyung will be playing the role of Empress Dowager Kang, the mother of Emperor Lee Hyuk (played by Shin Sung Rok). As the most powerful woman in the palace, she bears a majestic, intimidating aura that seeps through her elegant attire.

Although the empress dowager is a caring and affectionate mother, years of fighting her way through the ferocity and ruthlessness of palace life have transformed her love for her son into an unhealthy obsession.

The newly released stills from the drama show Shin Eun Kyung looking severe and composed as she carefully observes something in the distance. In one photo, the empress dowager appears to be surprised by something she hears while taking her tea; in another, she quietly tears up a letter with an expression of restrained terror.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1264885wpp/shin-eun-kyung-regal-terrifying-empress-dowager-last-empress

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nara is so pretty in hanbok

@booha thank you so much for your translations as we are getting some indication of the storyline.  And I do hope SSR is a misunderstood Emperor. From the teasers, I think he looks drugged out - esp where he was topless maybe Yu Ra was drugging him to seduce him . I think it was alchol or drugs that was in his system when he accidently hit and killed WS mother. :crazy:

SSR has played too many villian like roles and Im sure he nailed them all but it will be refreshing to see him in a different light. I love the bts of him esp his smile and sense of humor so it will be a pity if we dont see them in this drama. This will be my 1st drama that I will see of his and def looking forward to it. CJH has captured my heart since Heirs. Its his voice and looks can capture anyones heart.  Who knows whom Sunny will choose. Such a difficult choice :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

@booha thank you so much for your translations as we are getting some indication of the storyline.  And I do hope SSR is a misunderstood Emperor. From the teasers, I think he looks drugged out - esp where he was topless maybe Yu Ra was drugging him to seduce him . I think it was alchol or drugs that was in his system when he accidently hit and killed WS mother. :crazy:

SSR has played too many villian like roles and Im sure he nailed them all but it will be refreshing to see him in a different light. I love the bts of him esp his smile and sense of humor so it will be a pity if we dont see them in this drama. This will be my 1st drama that I will see of his and def looking forward to it. CJH has captured my heart since Heirs. Its his voice and looks can capture anyones heart.  Who knows whom Sunny will choose. Such a difficult choice :sweatingbullets:

So adorable❤ 

Hello! Every one!! ^^ 

Let’s be good partner ~ 

(ENG sub) observation points3

WOW dear @jjangnarafan !! Jang Na Ra is so BEAUTIFUL in any dress..!!!! :wub: She's the perfect choice for the empress.! And the press conference is on Tuesday.. 2 days more.! Can't wait to see her & the cast shine there..!!

And what's all about the pic that Oh Sunny picks something off the ground & Wang Sik holding his hand above her..??!! So lovely pic even though Choi Jin Hyuk is out of the range.! :o:D:heart:

@gm4queen 

Helllo?! :lol::)

It's strange and awkward to try the forum site on my first day, but thank you for saying so happily!

I'm looking forward to the press con, too! The day of the show is just around the corner. If we hold on for two more days, can see drama!^^ 

Then, Have a good time! :kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

11 minutes ago, jjangnarafan said:

Helllo?! :lol::)

It's strange and awkward to try the forum site on my first day, but thank you for saying so happily!

No worries at all dear :wub: I totally enjoyed your IG posts on Na Ra & she's one of my favorite K-actresses.!!!! And just by looking at it, I can say that Jang Na Ra & Choi Jin Hyuk will be a hot on-screen couple..!!! Keep updating.. I am so lazy when it comes to searching for IG posts..

And welcome to the thread dear :love::kiss_wink::heart:

18 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

No worries at all dear :wub:

Keep updating.. I am so lazy when it comes to searching for IG posts..

Just saying that can really help me upload here! :love::love:

I'm a latecomer too, but I'll upload it here as soon as I know it's updated! Thank you so much!! :blush::blush: 

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ fighting!!!♡♡♡ hehe~~~><

@jjangnarafan Welcome to the thread. :D Im not sure which is your IG acc but will def look forward in seeing your updates. Keep them coming :w00t:

and it looks like we arent the only ones whom agree that she looks stunning in hanbok :D 

Jang Nara Transforms Into An Elegant Lady In “The Last Empress”

SBS’s “The Last Empress” has released new stills of Jang Nara!

“The Last Empress” takes place in an alternate reality where Korea is run by a constitutional monarchy. It will tell the story of conspiracy, secrecy, love, greed, and revenge that surrounds the royal family.

Jang Na Ra will appear as an unknown musical actress named Oh Sunny who becomes an empress after getting married to the emperor.

In the stills, Jang Nara shows her graceful, softer side. She’s dressed in hanbok(traditional Korean clothing) and has her hair in a braid. This is the scene right before she enters the palace to be received by the grand empress dowager and queen mother.

She shows her pure, elegant charms as she smiles in her flower-adorned green top and yellow skirt. This scene was filmed in the city of Buyeo located in the South Chungcheong Province. For this scene, Oh Sunny put away her curly hair and loose-fitting clothing to transform into an elegant ladyJang-Nara1.jpg.

Spoiler

36595dc94db44514bed8d7fc0cfacbbf.jpeg?s=

When she stepped onto the set, the staff praised her lovely and enchanting transformation with comments like, “You look really pretty,” and “You look like a doll wearing hanbok.” Jang Nara replied, “It’s comfortable in many ways because I am filming while wearing a hanbok for the first time in a while.”

She worked to control her emotions before filming and maintained lady Sunny’s elegant appearance. She put her arms together, stood shyly, and also made a cute expression to shake off some nerves. As soon as filming began, however, she filled the set with Oh Sunny’s feelings of nervousness and joy.

A source from the drama said, “Jang Nara is wowing everyone on set by not sparing herself physically while filming every single time. Please look forward to Jang Nara’s depiction of Oh Sunny which she is focusing on by giving her whole heart.”

This upcoming drama is written by Kim Soon Ok of “Sister Is Alive” and “Jang Bo Ri is Here” and directed by producing director Joo Dong Min of “Return.”

“The Last Empress” will premiere as the follow-up drama to “Heart Surgeons” on November 21 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

cr source - https://www.soompi.com/article/1265039wpp/jang-nara-transforms-elegant-lady-last-empress

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

@jjangnarafan Welcome to the thread. :D Im not sure which is your IG acc but will def look forward in seeing your updates. Keep them coming :w00t:

and it looks like we arent the only ones whom agree that she looks stunning in hanbok :D 

@Kasmic Sure !!!!! >< ♡♡♡ 

As much as I can, I want to upload hard here!

I think it will be fun to see various hanboks from this drama, too!

Let's enjoy ourselves!!^^

Once again, thank you for your kind words, and have a great time!^^

9 hours ago, Kasmic said:

hahaha you’re welcome  It seems our writer spelled out a lot more details about the characters.
Btw it’s not clear whether Lee Hyuk is bad always or something happened, so he changed his behavior? :o  Okay he’s supposed to love his first wife who died 7 years ago.  She didn’t die naturally but to the public it’s known as a heart attack.  At the time(7 years ago) Lee Hyuk slept with one of the palace girls and had a girl, Ari princess(7 years).   To avoid the scandal, they made her as the daughter of the older princess, So Jin princess(35). And the birth mother (Seo Kang Hee) became the nurse maid for her daughter.   So it will be a question whether  Lee Hyuk slept with SKH before his first wife died or afterward?   (remember our writer is the queen of makjang haha) :lol:  
Also the previous king favored more his second son, Lee  Yun/aka Vincent Lee.  He made his second son in next line of succession for the crown (next to Lee Hyuk)  
The granny empress is going to die because she becomes suspicious of the death of Lee Hyuk’s first wife and other things, and tries to correct whatever is.

6 hours ago, gm4queen said:

WOW dear @jjangnarafan !! Jang Na Ra is so BEAUTIFUL in any dress..!!!! :wub: She's the perfect choice for the empress.! And the press conference is on Tuesday.. 2 days more.! Can't wait to see her & the cast shine there..!!

And what's all about the pic that Oh Sunny picks something off the ground & Wang Sik holding his hand above her..??!! So lovely pic even though Choi Jin Hyuk is out of the range.! :o:D:heart:

They have been making fun IG chit chats .  haha

(nara0318) Hand coming down to grab the back of the mother who is picking up a stone.
Whose hand is this !?
(real_jinhyuk) I need to give you the correct answer.
(nara0318) (@ real_jinhyuk)   Don’t do that, Chun bodyguard ((She says in saguk))  :cry:

Spoiler

(nara0318) # The Last Empress # Elijah # Choi Jin-hyuk # Shin Sung-rok # Jang Na Ra # # Seriously pretending # Hiding in the shade # Sorry JinHyeok # Life is like that # Sneaky Sunny # Oh Sonny-e-e
(real_jinhyuk)  (So) you try to avoid the sun from behind my back ....

Spoiler

8 hours ago, jjangnarafan said:

So adorable❤ 

Hello! Every one!! ^^ 

Let’s be good partner ~ 

WaVdC49.gif

Welcome another empress girl   So you signed in for pretty NaRa,  wonderful!!  Let’s have fun together

5 hours ago, booha said:

WaVdC49.gif

Welcome another empress girl   So you signed in for pretty NaRa,  wonderful!!  Let’s have fun together

Thank you very much for welcoming!If I had expected to be welcomed like this, I should have come to the forum earlier! I'll enjoy it more as soon as I get here late!^^

I still don't know many things when I write! Can you tell me how to use it to make it appear hidden (hidden contents) :crazy::crazy::sweatingbullets:

when I press it? I think I will be able to upload more smoothly when I upload in the future! :blush::blush:

4m9QYqy.gif

tODRW8g.gif

e4V1CtB.gif

cr to DC

@jjangnarafan

Spoiler

Hi Are you asking about the ‘spoiler’ tag which is on the last one(looking like an eye??) in the editor box.  Now if you want to delete: either you put the cursor below it and click on ‘backspace’
PS we have some rules: We can not quote ‘image, gif, video’ so you have to delete it. : Post only 3, images, gifs, videos, if you have more, put them in the spoiler:   No consecutive postings, unless someone posts right after you did then you don’t have to wait;  otherwise you have to wait at least an hour before you can post the second OR  you can edit the one you just posted and post more stuff in it.  If more Q, let me know or PM me if you know how

:)

Hi everyone!

Just curious...

Will there be any OFFICIAL POSTERS for this drama? :w00t:

It will air in 3 days... and I don't seem to find anything like that LOL

First time (in my 9 years of K-dramas) that I haven't seen posters released so far...

Do you guys know when the press conference will be?

I guess we will get to see the posters during the press conference.

tenor.gif?itemid=4402733

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Edit:

OMG!  Press Conference schedule on November 20th.

Just one day before premiere.

Hope they release the posters soon...

:blush: hello @marykarmelina and also @jjangnarafan

welcome to both

it seems no posters

which is rare and also sad

i was looking forward for poster to be my new laptop backgroud

hahaha

the pc will be the day before premier which would be 20/11

hope i'm correct

gosh those pics of nara's with hanbok is just too cute

if this is a story about young girl going into the palace as a young maid

i would totally believe that

hahaha

and the interaction and bts all the leads are giving is making me want to follow all the others

i only follow jang nara at this moment because i rarely follow anyone on ig

have been binging watching all jang nara's past dramas

just waiting for the premier

in wedding she cried a l;ot because of her wedding, wonder will that be same here?

hmmm...

i finally got to watch the teaser for TLE on my tv

and i felt like wah... finally

one sentence i was intrigue from that teaser (i think it was the first teaser)

the fact that sunny didnt totally fallen for lee hyuk almost immediately

she was kinda hesitant at first, meaning that lee hyuk has to work his charm on trying to win her over

interesting...

and also the fact that NWS was determined to kill all the royal family because of his mother's death

sounded a lil too much

i mean if you want to kill the emperor, i totally get it, if you want to kill MYR, of course

even you anger towards sunny can be reasoned

but the whole royal family?

makes me wonder how much trouble that he goes through after his mother's death that he become so vindictive

it wasn't a simple case of hit and run, i think

there must be something more

hmm...

@booha looking forward reading your descriptions for the other characters

take your time though

no rush hehehe

Yeah... I am also curious that there's no posters have been released so far.! Then what to put as the main pic on web sites.?!! It's so strange. And the press conference is on tomorrow.. May be they'd release the posters then.?! :wub: I am waiting..!!

And I am already shipping Jang Na Ra & Choi Jin Hyuk as a lovely couple from the BTS stills... :wub: Hope they will set the screen on fire in the future :D

Keep updating my dear friends..!!!!!!!! :heart:

And @marykarmelina - Look at that kitty cat..!!! He/she's sooooooooooooooo cute!!! :love: I"LL WAIT!!!!

56 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yeah... I am also curious that there's no posters have been released so far.! Then what to put as the main pic on web sites.?!! It's so strange. And the press conference is on tomorrow.. May be they'd release the posters then.?! :wub: I am waiting..!!

Why is SBS so slow in promotion? Are the folks there too complacent due to TLE more searched on Naver and Daum than the other drama at MBC? The other drama already has main posters.

and the presscon schedule. the other drama will start its own presscon at 13:30 KST, 30 minutes earlier than that of TLE. 

Archived