0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Isn't there any official poster for the series..?! Anyway, it's tonight! :o

hahaha still hung over the poster

i have semi given up on that

i'm guessing the only poster we get is the ensemble of main characters in some sort of old traditional painting with sunny in hanbok being in the middle, along with the emperor, nws, empress dowager and also myr

sighs i was hoping for all the magical posters

ah well

at least first eo is tonight

i wonder how long will it take for viki to sub it

most of the others would be less than 12 hours, some even less than that

guessing i will watch whichever comes first the cable tv or viki

btw i got this confusing details on which empress would die

it's either the empress dowager (shin eunkyung), or the grand empress (park won sook)? (i am not even sure if the title is correct for both of them lor hahaha)

-_-

For those who would like to catch up press conference on sbs now YouTube you can go directly to 3:00 ~, nothing before. It's a video replay from live broadcast but no technical way Sbs now could edit that? :o

Obviously sbs promotion wasn't enough, so few live viewers :mellow: for now I don't understand why no vlive first / too 

Hopefully views with replay got better

On SBS page no other poster than press conference one, sbs whyyy <_<

WE17231718_ori.jpg

JNR was really cute , CJH too :lol: it gives me the idea to watch their 2014 drama press conference but also to rewatch GBC one's ^_^ Anyway ouri Emperess and bodyguard already look good as a (characters) couple

11 minutes ago, triplem said:

Don’t worry @chubby^green^ , Kocowa is the subber . They are fast as it is a joint venture company btwn the 3 big stations 

ah that's good to know

i dont think i have much patience when it comes to this drama

sorta have this premonition that i would resorted to watch raw vid if subs were a lil late or unavailable

hahaha

5 minutes ago, littlerain said:

JNR was really cute , CJH too :lol: it gives me the idea to watch their 2014 drama press conference but also to rewatch GBC one's ^_^ Anyway ouri Emperess and bodyguard already look good as a (characters) couple

great minds think alike hahaha

i was rewatching her old vids just now too

honestly i just got back from youtube binging hahaha

didnt watch pc videos but i was watching bts and also award show videos

and i saw that her bestie park kyunglim must be excited finding soulmate for jang nara just like when she teases son hojun during the kbs drama award

i wonder if she would do the same this time

hahaha

well she has two options now (correct me if i'm wrong since i really dont know the relationship status of ssr and cjh) :P

pkl must be having a day teasing jang nara

anyway since this is sbs drama

and although it might be a reach

can we see them in running man?

i rarely watch that show, and most of the time i saw lot of idols there

but there are few here and there guest from dramas and films

so there's a possibility right?

although i cannot see jang nara doing something hardcore or running around doing tag game

but i would love if they could go there to promote the drama, doing theme inspired game

would be nice to see their interaction there

the theme could be "protect the empress!"

one team is the palace guard team and the other is the emperor team

nice isnt it?

hahaha

one of my dream i think for now

:lol:

Love this capture :wub: They look so nice together off-screen & can't wait to see them in action... And the drama itself is so intense!!! This is my first time seeing Na Ra in such a serious role & this is my first time seeing Jin Hyuk in such a tough role!!!! I hope they impress us :wub:

46476146_2095820814062787_89319441434505

The char description about the palace people.  

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/cast/56864#1_0
(some interesting points)
1 LH had one night with SGH (Ari’s birth mom) while LH’s first wife was alive. ((maybe LH got drunk and slept with her by accident?)  To hide LH’s one night fling, Ari was registered under  So Jin princess & SGH became Ari’s nursemaid.
2 So Jin Princess falls hard for Chun Yu Bin. :lol:

Spoiler

(Lee Yun/Oh Seung)  Lee Yun (27)
the prince in line of succession to the crown / Vincent Lee
The younger son of empress dowager and  Lee Hyuk’s younger brother, and emperor’s bro who is in the succession to the crown

He has a natural intelligence, which made him a favorite son of the previous emperor and to receive a title for the succession to the crown next to his bro(LH)    
He is very reluctant to carry on outside activities because he dislikes getting the attention of the crowd and empress dowager’s overbearing behavior.
Then, 7 years ago, shocked by the death of empress Soh Hyeon, he left for America.
Because he hasn’t been in the media for a long time, people forgot about who is the prince

A writer, with an unknown face, writes a best-selling mystery novel in the United States. Vincent Lee!
It is another name for Lee Yun.
He returns to Korea to commemorate the release of the translated book, but he has to run away from pursuit by empress dowager.
He hides his identity and works part-time at the Sunny Chicken Hope House. He boards at the Golden Mon’s house.
Through frequent interaction with HELLO, he develops attraction for her which led him to fall in love.

(Seo Kang Hee/Yun So Lee)  Seo Kang Hee (33) 

Ari's birth mother & nursemaid

While empress Soh Yeon was alive, she spent one night with emperor Lee Hyuk.
Since then, she hasn’t received even a glance from Lee Hyuk.

Though she bore a child of emperor Lee Hyuk, she couldn’t be open about it,
She registered her daughter under So Jin princess and lives as a child's nursemaid.
She will do anything for Ari, and she is even ready to risk her life for her.
She feels so happy just to be in the same palace with Lee Hyuk, and next to Ari.
That’s how she thought. Until Sunny comes to be the empress...

(Ari/Oh Arin)  Ari (7) 

Daughter of So Jin princess

Although it was known that she was born in a foreign country by So Jin princess, she is a child born between Lee Hyuk and Kang Hee.

Because  Lee Hyuk’s immoral fling could become the public scandal, empress dowager made her into So Jin’s daughter,
Until now, she has been frequently mistreated by So Jin but she has withstood well.  
Even though she is 7 years old, she is busy daily studying English, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish, and history and manners.
Every morning, she takes a look at the morning news, for home and abroad political, economic, environmental, and cultural news.

Since she’s a child, she learns to be careful and to hide herself expertly.
She has a talent in flattering and knows how to treat people according their positions.
But while living with Sunny, she gradually acts like a child and opens herself.

Spoiler

Grand empress dowager Jo ssi  /Park Won Sook)  granny-dowager Jo ssi (70s) 

granny-dow Korean Empire

Lee Huk's grandmother, Sonny's grandmother-in-law.

A wise, simple like a child, with a larger outlook!

She displays the weight of age and majesty, and has a single minded personality which doesn’t bend to anyone.  But she receives respect from various palace people, as, when she sees pitiful palace people, she quietly helps them from behind and she has a deep caring  
She is the only one of the royal family who likes Sunny and is on Sunny’s side.
She tries to find the truth behind  the death of empress So Hyeon and other imperial family secrets, and while attempting to correct them,  she dies mysteriously.

(So Jin/Lee Young Jin) Princess So Jin (35)
Princess of Korean Empire / Imperial Palace Shopping Mall representative
Daughter of the previous emperor, older sister of  emperor Lee Hyuk and Lee Yun

Being born as a princess, she is spoiled and treats everyone rudely.
She has a strong complex about her appearance. So fixing her face became her hobby but she feels she  still isn’t pretty.
Though she has a lot, her self-esteem is low.
She married the man she liked and the one who liked her but it didn’t work out and they got divorced. Now she is a divorcee.

Substitute lack of affection with a cosmetic surgery and shopping,  and drinking for comfort
While living in loneliness, she falls madly in love with the guard, Chun Yu Bin who comes into the palace.   
She does whatever he wants and tells everything about imperial secrets without hesitation.

(empress Soh Hyeon/ Shin Go Eun)  empress Soh Hyeon (26 at the time of death)  

Lee's first wife

Because she was so beautiful, and smarter and wiser than anyone,   
she received the love of the people. She was the one whom Lee Hyuk really loved.  
Seven years ago, she died suspiciously, but to the public her death was caused by a heart attack.

4 Keywords To Look Out For Before Watching “The Last Empress”

by J. Lee

3236f792078244e49a4737a19c78b85e.jpeg?s=

BS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Last Empress” will premiere today.

“The Last Empress” is set in an alternate reality where modern-day Korea is a constitutional monarchy. It will tell the story of a musical actress who marries the emperor and gets swept up in incidents such as the murder of the queen dowager. The drama will focus on her journey to bring down the royal family.

Unique Main Actor Lineup

The five main actors Jang Nara, Choi Jin Hyuk, Shin Sung Rok, Lee Elijah, and Shin Eun Kyung will show many different charms. Jang Nara will play Oh Sunny, a nameless musical actress who becomes the empress and Choi Jin Hyuk will play Na Wang Shik, a man who becomes a royal bodyguard to seek revenge. Shin Sung Rok will play Lee Hyuk, the emperor who is loved by the public, but has an unexpected twisted side. Lee Elijah will take on the role of Min Yoo Ra, the royal spokesperson who is full of her own desire for power. Shin Eun Kyung will play the emperor’s loving mother who is sometimes frightening with madness.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1266613wpp/4-keywords-look-watching-last-empress

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Premieres TONIGHT

^

lor i thought she fainted and was foaming from her mouth

that's a big foam

hahaha

the first ep (2nd ep) is coming soon

i'm so happy and nervous

and also we might as well enjoy being clumsy and funny since according to her

she will only acted like that until ep 6

when reality sinks in and her bright lovely world starts caving in on her

lor hahaha

@booha

i was confused at who is this chun yu bin dude 

then i realise that it was NWS getting into the palace under false name, or chun yu bin and chun woo bin is different person?

lor hahaha

sorry very bad with name 

if that is NWS then

so love triangle the princess and the empress as well aside from the emperor and the bodyguard with the empress too

NWS is one hot commodity indeed

:P

anyway

7 hours ago, booha said:

Through frequent interaction with HELLO, he develops attraction for her which led him to fall in love.

he fell in love with HELLO? o.O

a lil confuse there

sorry

:sweatingbullets:

well anyway for those who will watch the drama live

happy watching then

and for the others who will be waiting for the sub

happy waiting

go Sunny empress!!!

hahaha

Archived