[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

“The Last Empress” Drops Second Shocking Teaser Showing Strong Tension Between Characters

c7f1e6279bb34458ab002faaeeee0f53.jpeg?s=

The upcoming SBS drama, “The Last Empress,” released a shocking and thrilling second teaser that warns its viewers of how addicting this drama is going to be.

The new SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Last Empress” is set to begin airing on November 21. “The Last Empress” depicts modern-day Korea as a constitutional monarchy. It has a refreshing story line showing the conspiracies, struggles, love, greed, and revenge that happens under the rule of the imperial family. It features the creative writing of Kim Soon Ok who wrote the scripts for many dramas such as “Temptation of Wife” and “Sister Is Alive.” It is also directed by the director of “Return,” Joo Dong Min who has been previously acknowledged for his sensible directing. Last but not least, it features a powerful cast of Jang Nara, Choi Jin Hyuk, Shin Sung Rok, Shin Eun Kyung, and Lee Elijah who are expected to show off a strong synergy on screen.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1259943wpp/last-empress-drops-second-shocking-teaser-showing-strong-tension-characters

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW... One of my favorite OSTs is Jang Na Ra's theme song for "Dong Yi"...! :wub: She's is a very talented actor & singer..!!!!!!!! Is it OK if I call her veteran..??!! :o:)

And now I think of it, there are 3 "Fated To Love You" actors in gathered here... jang Na Ra, Choi Jin Hyuk & Park Won-sook (the grandma of Jang Hyuk) :wub: This is gonna be totally cool..!!! WOW~~~~~ JUST WOW!!!!!

12 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Omg! i love the banter between our 3 leads. I hope this reflects in the drama but then again I love it more in real life. TRUE friendships in the entertainment industry is hard to find. @booha thanks for the translations. Yours is so much better than mine. Beats my Uncle Google anyday lol! 

Oh gosh  I’m still struggling with this translating stuff.:P   I have to have uncle google and naver and a big rubbery hammer( to pound my head and/or on a table when my brain got stuck in a jam which happened a lot  haha)    I know there are some good translators around here. Hopefully some would be interested in TLE and come over here for us.   
Yes I’m glad to see these three leads’ teasing banters in IGs because the filming is like a pressure cooker.     I have a feeling that the TLE shooting schedule might be very tight now.:huh:   CJH officially announced his part in TLE on10/15 though it was known for many months.  It’s because CJH’s last drama(devilish joy) was still on air and didn’t end till 10/25.    Even TLE’s script reading on 10/6 was kept secret till DJ ended.   At least all the leads had a lot of experiences in tight, crazy, grueling live shooting.     Last time I checked on the SBS TLE site there were no character descriptions yet.  I hope the writer isn’t still tweaking the characters??:sweatingbullets:

must have missed this

https://www.soompi.com/article/1260301wpp/jang-nara-drunkenly-embraces-shin-sung-rok-last-empress

Jang Nara Drunkenly Embraces Shin Sung Rok For “The Last Empress”

Nov 9, 2018
by K. Lew

Jang Nara and Shin Sung Rok have a drink together in “The Last Empress.”

“The Last Empress” is set in an alternate universe in 2018, where the country is run by a constitutional monarchy. The drama tells the story of the conspiracies, secrecy, love, greed, and revenge that follows the royal family. Jang Na Ra plays the unknown musical actress Oh Sunny, while Shin Sung Rok plays the revered emperor Lee Hyuk.

In the released photos, Jang Na Ra and Shin Sung Rok do a love shot (drink) as they embrace each other. Jang Na Ra’s face is flushed due to the alcohol, and she begins to show her adorable drunken behavior. Shin Sung Rok does his best to not look flustered by the situation.

Jang-Nara.jpg

Shin-Sung-Rok.jpg

It was reported that the two actors filmed the scene for over four hours and showed amazing chemistry. While rehearsing the scene, they shared their opinions on how to act while taking into consideration various angles, and they practiced the movements for their love shot. During the actual filming, they also dropped various ad-libs, and reacted well to each other.

Shin-Sung-Rok-Jang-Nara-1.jpg

Shin-Sung-Rok-Jang-Nara-2.jpg

A source from the production staff stated, “Maybe it’s because Jang Na Ra and Shin Sung Rok only have a one-year age difference, but they worked really well together. They both have a similar passion towards acting and the drama. Please look forward to how Jang Nara and Shin Sung Rok create ‘The Last Empress.'”

The drama is written by Kim Soon Ok, the writer behind “Sister Is Alive,” “Jang Bo Ri Is Here,” “Temptation of Wife,” and more. It is directed by producing director Joo Dong Min, who previously directed “Return.”

“The Last Empress” will air its first episode on November 21 after “Heart Surgeons,” and will be available on Viki. Check out the teaser here!

Source (1)

6 hours ago, booha said:

I have a feeling that the TLE shooting schedule might be very tight now.:huh:   CJH officially announced his part in TLE on10/15 though it was known for many months.  It’s because CJH’s last drama(devilish joy) was still on air and didn’t end till 10/25.    Even TLE’s script reading on 10/6 was kept secret till DJ ended.   At least all the leads had a lot of experiences in tight, crazy, grueling live shooting.     Last time I checked on the SBS TLE site there were no character descriptions yet.  I hope the writer isn’t still tweaking the characters??:sweatingbullets:

I agree with you. Actually both the male leads have tight schedules. CJH just ended Devilish Joy before shooting for TLE. And SSR is filming both Vagabond and The Last Empress at the same time. I assume something really drew them to sign up for this drama because nowadays, actors usually just take one drama at a time especially if they are the lead and had to shoot several scenes a day unless they're just plain hardworking that rest in not in their vocabulary :lol:

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And now I think of it, there are 3 "Fated To Love You" actors in gathered here... jang Na Ra, Choi Jin Hyuk & Park Won-sook (the grandma of Jang Hyuk) :wub: This is gonna be totally cool..!!! WOW~~~~~ JUST WOW!!!!!

When I saw Park Woon-sook, that also came to my mind...FTLY reunion. Hope fans of FTLY will be interested to check this drama out. I think halmoni will still be the kind halmoni to our Nara even if it looks like she will have an evil mother-in-law.

I am excited on how addicting TLE will be (2 weeks come by real slow). Kim Soon-ok have a string of hit dramas under her belt but mostly for her weekend dramas. But still my expectation is pretty high for this drama to be a hit. I hope it gets a lot of support since there's quite a competition from other dramas about to air during the last 2 weeks of November.

8 hours ago, booha said:

Oh gosh  I’m still struggling with this translating stuff.:P   I have to have uncle google and naver and a big rubbery hammer( to pound my head and/or on a table when my brain got stuck in a jam which happened a lot  haha)    I know there are some good translators around here. Hopefully some would be interested in TLE and come over here for us.   
Yes I’m glad to see these three leads’ teasing banters in IGs because the filming is like a pressure cooker.     I have a feeling that the TLE shooting schedule might be very tight now.:huh:   CJH officially announced his part in TLE on10/15 though it was known for many months.  It’s because CJH’s last drama(devilish joy) was still on air and didn’t end till 10/25.    Even TLE’s script reading on 10/6 was kept secret till DJ ended.   At least all the leads had a lot of experiences in tight, crazy, grueling live shooting.     Last time I checked on the SBS TLE site there were no character descriptions yet.  I hope the writer isn’t still tweaking the characters??:sweatingbullets:

I was actually very surprised that CJH took up this drama esp being that close to his previous one. Though DJ did rap up their filming before the finale ep which gave him time to dive into this one. I hope he had plenty rest and these action scenes wont be too much for him. I wonder if kneitz will criticise him for taking an action role esp since he had to leave his military service because of health reasons....Im worried for him. Lets hope we wont see any of that during this drama.

Yes they are very tight in filming and just 4 days ago I saw the script book of ep 8. Tight but they should be ahead of scedule so the team wont be as stressed :D

Also filming is will continue right up to Feb 2019...is this drama not 16 eps?

Here is an IG update stating sections of this palace area is closed off for filming.

This looks like a beauitful area in Korea. I hope to go there ..... one day and not too much into the distant furture lol!

2 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

I agree with you. Actually both the male leads have tight schedules. CJH just ended Devilish Joy before shooting for TLE. And SSR is filming both Vagabond and The Last Empress at the same time. I assume something really drew them to sign up for this drama because nowadays, actors usually just take one drama at a time especially if they are the lead and had to shoot several scenes a day unless they're just plain hardworking that rest in not in their vocabulary :lol:

When I saw Park Woon-sook, that also came to my mind...FTLY reunion. Hope fans of FTLY will be interested to check this drama out. I think halmoni will still be the kind halmoni to our Nara even if it looks like she will have an evil mother-in-law.

I am excited on how addicting TLE will be (2 weeks come by real slow). Kim Soon-ok have a string of hit dramas under her belt but mostly for her weekend dramas. But still my expectation is pretty high for this drama to be a hit. I hope it gets a lot of support since there's quite a competition from other dramas about to air during the last 2 weeks of November.

Yes both dramas wanted SSR. It said something about his popularity and how good he is at playing his role.   His IG showed he was overseas shooting for Vagabond till Oct 23. It seems he returned right after and started filming for TLE.   If I’m not mistaken  vagabond should be a preproduced drama.  This might help him to manage two dramas.  Still it’s a lot of work.   
Me too it’s a bit unsettling to know there will be steep competition from other dramas.:sweatingbullets:    I’m counting on our writer to bring out a lot of pot boiling makjang to sizzle us.  haha     I know our golden sizzling leads are ready to sizzle us. :joy:  

SSR:  lonely... sad... guy #Lee Hyuk

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

I was actually very surprised that CJH took up this drama esp being that close to his previous one. Though DJ did rap up their filming before the finale ep which gave him time to dive into this one. I hope he had plenty rest and these action scenes wont be too much for him. I wonder if kneitz will criticise him for taking an action role esp since he had to leave his military service because of health reasons....Im worried for him. Lets hope we wont see any of that during this drama.

Yes they are very tight in filming and just 4 days ago I saw the script book of ep 8. Tight but they should be ahead of scedule so the team wont be as stressed :D

Also filming is will continue right up to Feb 2019...is this drama not 16 eps?

Here is an IG update stating sections of this palace area is closed off for filming.

This looks like a beauitful area in Korea. I hope to go there ..... one day and not too much into the distant furture lol!

a_j615 IG said ‘ The drama script which is for my younger sibling is really small and cute’

Looking at the size I think these scripts belong to a child actor.  You know sometimes a child actor’s part  can be very small so that they can easily film many scripts at once.  
Even if the writer had finished  script to #8,  we don’t know how far the shooting team had advanced so far.   Especially about shooting any action scene, we know it can be very complicated depending on the size of scenes.  Though after seeing previews, they must have finished shooting some fighting scenes (hopefully)   The preview said the drama would be spectacular.  I hope they will not disappoint us by cutting a corner to meet a deadline.      
You know about his knee injury.  I think he got some sort of a pass with Tunnel. I didn’t see any negative reaction at the time.  Yes sadly he had to get pain killing shots in Tunnel. Once he ended in the emergency because a knee pain flared up.  He had to use a stunt man in some scenes which he apologized for later.  You know most of kdrama production teams don’t have a big budget.  
I have to see how much his knee has improved. Maybe he learns what he can do about action scenes since an action scene is all done by choreography. In DJ there was a brief fighting scene in ep1. I thought he did well there.  

PS  ‘baekje_culturalland’  still opens during TLE filming ((*the place is big))  They simply ask the visitors ‘If there is any inconvenience during visit, please understand’.

PS TLE has 48 eps (30 mins each so equivalent to regular 24 eps)

night shooting

Spoiler

1 hour ago, booha said:

You know about his knee injury.  I think he got some sort of a pass with Tunnel. I didn’t see any negative reaction at the time.  Yes sadly he had to get pain killing shots in Tunnel. Once he ended in the emergency because a knee pain flared up.  He had to use a stunt man in some scenes which he apologized for later.  You know most of kdrama production teams don’t have a big budget.  
I have to see how much his knee has improved. Maybe he learns what he can do about action scenes since an action scene is all done by choreography. In DJ there was a brief fighting scene in ep1. I thought he did well there.  

PS  ‘baekje_culturalland’  still opens during TLE filming ((*the place is big))  They simply ask the visitors ‘If there is any inconvenience during visit, please understand’.

PS TLE has 48 eps (30 mins each so equivalent to regular 24 eps)

Yesh... I also know about Jin Hyuk's knee injury..!! He got it while in the military, right..?!! And he also had to discharge only in 7 months of enlisting.. :o Sounds like he seriously got hurt..!! Sometimes, actions make the injury worse or recover fast..! And I wish the latter for him, b'cause he can use actions to a speedy recovery similar to an exercise..!! :) Let's see how much he got improved in the series...

And with all the filming spots & the BTSs showing., I have a feeling that this series could be the biggest drama of the K-Entertainment history..~!! :wub: Still 2 weeks left for the premiere & time goes slow at a time...!!!! :(

if oh sunny and cjh's character and their family has known one another for quite a while before the story starts

is there a chance of him being in love with her for so long while she's being oblivious and unaware?

that seems to be most likely isnt it?

though the idea of they created a bond and developed their feeling while being there for one another in the palace seems quite interesting as well

about cjh's injury, i hope he won't overstrained himself

not just for the sake of the drama and their filming schedule which will be gruelling i presume

but also for his own health

^_^

btw with only ten days away from the premier

where is the posters?

we need it now

hahaha

So Jin princess

ngo3HhD.jpg

http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&year=2018&no=705297

ZwQ7G5A.jpg

cr to DC

13 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Yesh... I also know about Jin Hyuk's knee injury..!! He got it while in the military, right..?!! And he also had to discharge only in 7 months of enlisting.. :o Sounds like he seriously got hurt..!! Sometimes, actions make the injury worse or recover fast..! And I wish the latter for him, b'cause he can use actions to a speedy recovery similar to an exercise..!! :) Let's see how much he got improved in the series...

And with all the filming spots & the BTSs showing., I have a feeling that this series could be the biggest drama of the K-Entertainment history..~!! :wub: Still 2 weeks left for the premiere & time goes slow at a time...!!!! :(

I like your optimistic outlook about this drama. yay It cheers me up. :)    I think  this kind of a plot line needs a good chemistry among three leads  as Sunny is married to LH then Sunny/NWS become a team against LH and there is a love triangle between NWS/LH.   Sunny’s complicated situation with two men needs JNR’s great acting skill.  No doubt she can pull it off successfully.  :blush:

Yeah it happened during basic training.  I don’t know how he managed but finished the basic training part and then had surgery. He tried to stay in the military as long as he could. But the military sent him out after 7 mos.  It was definitely a trying time for him.  I know he liked to be in an action movie like his mentor Jung Woo-sung.   But fate must have a different design for him. Oh well   Still I would like to see him in some action movie in the future.   
It seems there are many ways for people to recover from a knee injury;  Some sooner, others painfully slow or in the worst case it turns into a life long struggle.   My SIL had a knee surgery but slowly she has developed a new pain in her leg muscle (connecting to joint)  so she has to take physical therapy. :(:sweatingbullets:

6 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

where is the posters?

we need it now

hahaha

OH YES...! Where're the posters..??!! This series doesn't have posters..?! NO WAY! But, great things take time :love: So I hope we'll get something magical soon...!!! :wub: Fingers crossed..!!!

6 hours ago, booha said:

I like your optimistic outlook about this drama. yay It cheers me up. :)    I think  this kind of a plot line needs a good chemistry among three leads  as Sunny is married to LH then Sunny/NWS become a team against LH and there is a love triangle between NWS/LH.   Sunny’s complicated situation with two men needs JNR’s great acting skill.  No doubt she can pull it off successfully. 

Thank you so much for praising me dear... :wub: It means a lot to me since it's my very first time seeing a historical drama..!! And not to mentioned the chemistry between the 3 leads.. They are all hard working for the project!! And I am not really a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk.. But I think his perfect bodyguard material will give me a chance to become one of his fans..!! :wub: YES!!! So many things to fall for this series.. So, I'm having high hopes here..!!!!!! :o

LH's right-hand man

4MzIvSC.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1600585

11 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

if oh sunny and cjh's character and their family has known one another for quite a while before the story starts

is there a chance of him being in love with her for so long while she's being oblivious and unaware?

that seems to be most likely isnt it?

though the idea of they created a bond and developed their feeling while being there for one another in the palace seems quite interesting as well

about cjh's injury, i hope he won't overstrained himself

not just for the sake of the drama and their filming schedule which will be gruelling i presume

but also for his own health

^_^

where is the posters?

we need it now

hahaha

I appreciate about your concern for CJH.  thank you  Hopefully he will be better.    Now we have more serious matter to talk about. haha  You are right. What happened to the poster and many other things??   It’s getting very close to the premiere yet there isn’t much stuff coming from SBS.  :angry:
About the childhood connection,  I want to wait and see how the story line starts first. There seems to be a child actor(s?).   CJH’s last drama had the writer insert this childhood connection for OTP at the end and everybody booed. hahaha  :P:D
Btw SSR posted  Lee Hyuk image  with a line ‘lonely, sad guy LH.  Could it be that  LH would turn out to be very bad so SSR tried to toss out  a sympathetic card for LH?  
 I’m more curious about the necklace which Sunny is wearing. I wonder if the dead (or mummified) person might be the first empress, LH’s first wife somehow?   
 For a possible makjang element,  how about NWS as a secret loyal son. hehe :unsure:

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

OH YES...! Where're the posters..??!! This series doesn't have posters..?! NO WAY! But, great things take time :love: So I hope we'll get something magical soon...!!! :wub: Fingers crossed..!!!

Thank you so much for praising me dear... :wub: It means a lot to me since it's my very first time seeing a historical drama..!! And not to mentioned the chemistry between the 3 leads.. They are all hard working for the project!! And I am not really a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk.. But I think his perfect bodyguard material will give me a chance to become one of his fans..!! :wub: YES!!! So many things to fall for this series.. So, I'm having high hopes here..!!!!!! :o

Yes I understand when we watch a drama, it’s all about a character regardless how one feels about an actor who plays it.  How one feels about any character or actor is all subjective  just like chemistry.  At least we all like JNR.   I think that’s a good start right? haha    I pray there will be a good chemistry among the cast.   No matter how bad a drama might be as long as there is a good chemistry (especially otp) I will stick around.  It’s because I watch a drama with my emotions more than with my head.  hehe :tounge_wink:

1 hour ago, booha said:

I appreciate about your concern for CJH.  thank you  Hopefully he will be better.    Now we have more serious matter to talk about. haha  You are right. What happened to the poster and many other things??   It’s getting very close to the premiere yet there isn’t much stuff coming from SBS.  :angry:
About the childhood connection,  I want to wait and see how the story line starts first. There seems to be a child actor(s?).   CJH’s last drama had the writer insert this childhood connection for OTP at the end and everybody booed. hahaha  :P:D
Btw SSR posted  Lee Hyuk image  with a line ‘lonely, sad guy LH.  Could it be that  LH would turn out to be very bad so SSR tried to toss out  a sympathetic card for LH?  
 I’m more curious about the necklace which Sunny is wearing. I wonder if the dead (or mummified) person might be the first empress, LH’s first wife somehow?   
 For a possible makjang element,  how about NWS as a secret loyal son. hehe :unsure:

Yes I understand when we watch a drama, it’s all about a character regardless how one feels about an actor who plays it.  How one feels about any character or actor is all subjective  just like chemistry.  At least we all like JNR.   I think that’s a good start right? haha    I pray there will be a good chemistry among the cast.   No matter how bad a drama might be as long as there is a good chemistry (especially otp) I will stick around.  It’s because I watch a drama with my emotions more than with my head. 

YES.. I am also concerned about the necklace here.. And I don't know why, but I'm getting strange vibes that the necklace could be a curse for Oh Sunny!!! And why the title is "The Last Empress"...??!! :open_mouth: Then Oh Sunny must be the last heir for the necklace..??! This is so intriguing..!! It's obvious that we'll get climaxes everyday..!!

And WHAT THE **** WITH POSTERS..??!!! :lol: We only have about 2 weeks to go. Come on SBS..!! Give us some juice, would you??!!!~~~~ :love: And looking forward to see our lovebirds - Na Ra & Jin Hyuk :heart:

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

love reading your post about dramas love to give the same typical roles to the actors. I think, there's plenty of roles available out there but maybe he is destined and very suitable to play a villain one, that's why he keeps getting the same roles.

Shin Sung Rok plays the bad guys very well. No wonder they will cast as a villain all the time. His wicked smirk is excelent. :lol: Actors want to play various roles and genre and I don`t have doubt that he wants that as well not only the audience. As long as he gets roles, he/everyone is happy. But the industry tends to give typical roles to actors. For exemple, Lee Joon Gi wants to play in a rom com but he gets offers only in action dramas. I know he is good in those scenes/ dramas but I want to see him for once in a drama without fighting. Not to mention about the trends. Now is the trends of priests and horror genre. :D

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

So I've read the drama synopsis but I don't get it well. So let me clear it, JNR will be the empress, it means she is the wife of the emperor, that is SSR's character? Didn't the synopsis told about MYR (LE's character)? I'm getting confused here or maybe I'm not reading it well. Lol

Yes, Jang Na Ra will play the role of musical actress who will marry the emperor Lee Hyuk played by Shin Sun Rok. And she will fall in love with the bodyguard of the imperial family played by Choi Jin Hyuk. So your wish will come true. There will be a murder and the empress and the bodyguard will discover the dirty secrets of the royal family. Because the drama is called The Last Empress, they will succeed to break down the royal family. The emperror won`t end well.  :) Both Shin Sung Rok and Lee Elijah will plays the villians.  Min Yoo-Ra is just an emplyee at the royal court who knows the secrets of the emperor. I bet she loves him. We`ll see how everything is going to be.

Archived