Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

Ahhh... the bts is making me more impatient. When will this be air actually? I know you guys might have mentioned it but I miss to read the airing date of its premiere. 

I think it's November 21st.. Apparently on next Wednesday :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Jin Hyuk: It's cold.. #TLE

**From the shooting of  a bodyguard training session. 

r7ZuiOA.jpg

VeG5VHl.jpg

cr to DC

http://www.starjn.com/sub_read.html?uid=92510

22 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I've also only watched Choi Jin Hyuk in "Fated To Love You" b'cause of Jang Na Ra...! And I am not a "Tunnel" fan.. But in here, I think I'll eventually be a fan of him..! :D And Shin Sung Rok also is more handsome than I thought he is..!! And look, both the lead namjas are hot!!!~~~~ So I am all in :wub:

Me me me... I am an expert in Photoshop & please look forward to my artworks once Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik fall in love :wub: I'm having butterflies that their love will be magical~~~!!! Between a fairy angel & a handsome man.!! WOW, SOUNDS AMAAAAZING!! :) And it's said that Oh Sunny is the one who falls for Wang Sik first so, this is gonna be a magic ride!!!

Anyway, it's next week...!!! So we need more stuff now~~~~!!!!!! :heart:

Wow  so you know how to swing  a photoshop magic wand.  whahaha so happy to hear.  TLE team better not disappoint us with the visuals.  Looking forward seeing your work   :blush:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, booha said:

**From the shooting of  a bodyguard training session. 

Wow  so you know how to swing  a photoshop magic wand.  whahaha so happy to hear.  TLE team better not disappoint us with the visuals.  Looking forward seeing your work  

Thank you so much dear.. I am very looking forward to swing the magic of Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik :wub: And just look at Choi Jin Hyuk..!! Looks like he's working so hard for his role & here're the results..!! I mean, those muscles!!!!!~~~~ :D

And I've heard a long before that the premiere is on November 27th.. But now, it's November 21st & it's next Wednesday!!!~~~~ :wub: I am very much excited now.... Can't wait to see the cast at the press conference..!! If you know any dates, please inform us, ah..??!! :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Found this article below, translated as SM Life Design signed a contract with SBS for production of The Last Empress amounting to 12.2 billion won or about 10.7 million USD which is 36.78% of their total sales from last year. I read somewhere that Descendants of the Sun's production cost is 13 billion won and they even have overseas filming but TLE is longer with 24 episodes (or 48 based on current episode count). Would it be considered a 'big-budgeted' drama?

에스엠라이프디자인, SBS 드라마 '황후의품격' 제작 계약

송고시간 | 2018/11/12 10:42

(서울=연합뉴스) 김아람 기자 = SM Life Design[063440]은 SBS 드라마스페셜 24부작 '황후의품격(가제)' 제작 계약을 SBS와 체결했다고 12일 공시했다.

계약금액은 122억원으로 작년 연결 매출액의 36.78% 규모다.

회당 제작비는 5억1천만원이다.

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2018/11/12/0200000000AKR20181112053700008.HTML?input=1195m

Like everyone here, I also want to see posters but I'm not sure if the title poster will be it. Even on its SBS website, it's just this title poster displayed.

IMG_6152.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nakatsubebe said:

Found this article below, translated as SM Life Design signed a contract with SBS for production of The Last Empress amounting to 12.2 billion won or about 10.7 million USD which is 36.78% of their total sales from last year. I read somewhere that Descendants of the Sun's production cost is 13 billion won and they even have overseas filming but TLE is longer with 24 episodes (or 48 based on current episode count). Would it be considered a 'big-budgeted' drama?

I had a hunch that this could be one of the biggest-budget K-dramas of 2018.. But then again, my hunch has turned in to a reality..! This could be one of the biggest-budget K-dramas of the century :o With all the dramatic sets, actors' costume & all the stuff, I can imagine the number of 0s.!!!!!!~~~~~ :wub: And is it possible that 99% of the budget includes the fees for Jang Na Ra's costume..?! There're her hanboks, empress dresses, musical dresses & so much..!!!!! :o

WOW!!!~~~~ I truly wish they reap the full results of all their hard work starting next week..!!!!!! :heart:

And who's the script writer for "The Last Empress"..? A He or a she..?! Anyway, the writer has created such a beautiful concept for Jang Na Ra to spell her magic on the screen!!~~~~ :wub: Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And who's the script writer for "The Last Empress"..? A He or a she..?! Anyway, the writer has created such a beautiful concept for Jang Na Ra to spell her magic on the screen!!~~~~ :wub: Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a she. Kim Soon Ok, writer of Temptation of Wife.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Choi Jin Hyuk Trains To Be A Royal Bodyguard For Upcoming Drama “The Last Empress”

by C. Hong

3ab93498080a4128b6e8315227bac4f9.jpeg?s=

SBS’s new drama “The Last Empress” has released stills of Choi Jin Hyuk’s character undergoing training to become an imperial bodyguard.

“The Last Empress” takes place in an alternate reality where modern-day Korea is a constitutional monarchy. Jang Nara plays a young woman who marries into the royal family, Shin Sung Rok plays the emperor, and Choi Jin Hyuk plays a character named Na Wang Shik.

The scene where Na Wang Shik trains to be a royal bodyguard was shot in Chungcheongnam Province. Despite the chilly autumn weather, Choi Jin Hyuk had no problem filming in a sleeveless shirt, even when filming was temporarily stopped at the beginning due to a sudden heavy rain. He made the staff laugh by cracking jokes and impressed them with his dedication.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1262487wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-trains-royal-bodyguard-upcoming-drama-last-empress

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @booha for the updates on the press conference..! I just thought we'll have it this week, but never mind. It's exactly on next Tuesday & the series starts on Wednesday..!! :) Jang Na Ra looks so beautiful as always in Hanbok :wub: Can't wait..!!~~~~

• Like 9

so pc is on tuesday just a day before the premier

nice

as the premier date gets nearer

the nervous i get

i understand that this is a mystery/thriller? drama aka serious drama

but i am hoping they dont go stingy with the romance part

i want lots of it, but still stay true to the drama that is

if we will get lots of sad scenes and suspense scenes

cute and aww inducing scenes should also be included like a lot

hahaha

nara loos so cute in the wedding attire

and it looks so heavy on her

which makes it even cuter

ergh if i could i wish i could just pick her up and put her in my pocket

kekeke

the other drama i am watching now have great ost playlist

so aside from the poster

i wish the songs or ost for this drama would be amazing as well

:)

• Like 5

@nakatsubebe   @gm4queen

Sorry chingudeul   What TLE got is an average price in the current market (12.2 b.w. for 24eps & 5 b.w. each ep)   DotS got 13 b.w. for 16 eps ( 8b.w. each ep). Probably DotS got paid more because of the writer and SJK. 

Spoiler

The public broadcasters (SBS, KBS, MBC) are constricted with a budgetary fund for a number of reasons.   SBS really wanted Mr. Sunshine but had to give it up because it asked for a whopping 400 b.w. 

Recently the production cost rose considerably.  So a licensing fee went up which caused DF to close.   One of the causes could be this:  CJ E&M used to have its own drama department and then in 2016, CJ E&M created a subsidiary, ‘Studio Dragon’, a drama production company under CJ ENM's E&M division,  so that not only SD can produce a drama for its own cables but also for other broadcasters (like SBS …).  SD set its main goal as to produce well made dramas so it targeted in recruiting many reputable writers.   
I learned about SD because it produced CJH’s Tunnel.   SD was set to go public in 2017 so the company carefully arranged the 2017 line-ups.  The first one they selected was Voice which did well and Tunnel was in the second which also did well with ratings. I now read SD made the initial public offering on November 24, 2017.
So in a few short years SD came to dominate the kdrama market. And it looks like it has a deep purse.   The reason for producing many hit dramas is that it can skimp off the best works for its own cables and let go of the lesser works to other broadcasters.  
I read the public broadcasters are trying to change too (like creating their own studio/or..)    It seems they are losing many good writers and staff too.   Also there are so many dramas which causes a shortage with leads and second leads.  I can see why some actors are appearing in multiple dramas like SSR in TLE and Vagabond. 

GD wiki shows the list of dramas (many 2017 hit dramas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Dragon)

@gm4queen
I wish the photo of JNR with her royal wedding dress could have been sharper.  Still JNR looks good like a queen doll. :wub:

@chubby^green^

As long as there is a good romance, I don’t care even if the writer flung off TLE to Pluto. haha :D   though not too many scary parts  like mummified stuff.:sweatingbullets:   waiting to see how trio of J.C.S. will transform and interact to each other.  

4hsRvcx.jpg

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_201811141018010868

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, booha said:

@nakatsubebe   @gm4queen

Sorry chingudeul   What TLE got is an average price in the current market (12.2 b.w. for 24eps & 5 b.w. each ep)   DotS got 13 b.w. for 16 eps ( 8b.w. each ep). Probably DotS got paid more because of the writer and SJK.

@chubby^green^

As long as there is a good romance, I don’t care even if the writer flung off TLE to Pluto. haha :D   though not too many scary parts  like mummified stuff.:sweatingbullets:   waiting to see how trio of J.C.S. will transform and interact to each other.  

I figured. With 24 episodes, 12.2 billion won is an average budget, compared to the 40 billion won that TVN spent on Mr. Sunshine. But I guess TVN made profit with their collaboration with Netflix anyway.

The only drama of Kim Soon-ok that I was able to finish was the Temptation of Wife. After that, either I wasn't interested or her dramas are just way too long :sweatingbullets:. This probably is one of her few 'mini-series' with only 24 episodes. I see her dramas are often criticized as too "unrealistic", that's why I laugh when I read @booha's comment that you don't care if she flung off TLE to pluto because she may do that LOL but in an addicting way :lol: Temptation of Wife is a revenge drama where the husband killed his wife only for her to get revenge..I wonder if Oh Sunny is killed by the emperor too and she will be back to get her revenge :lol: But the synopsis they gave out is that the empress dowager will be the one killed..hmm..Haha too much hypothesis, Nov 21 needs to come now.

• Like 5

Shin Sung Rok And Jang Nara Get Married In The Wedding Of The Century For “The Last Empress”

by K. Lew
c4a0a2698a5a49a8bb148c53f6a95e28.jpeg?s=

Shin Sung Rok and Jang Nara get married in a lavish royal wedding ceremony for “The Last Empress.”

“The Last Empress” is set in an alternate universe in 2018, where the country is ruled under a constitutional monarchy. The drama follows the conspiracies, secrecy, love, greed, and revenge surrounding the royal family. Shin Sung Rok plays the crown prince Lee Hyuk, while Jang Nara plays Oh Sunny, an unknown musical actress.

In the released photos, Jang Nara and Shin Sung Rok are married in a grand, royal wedding ceremony, with the royal family members and invited guests all around them. Jang Nara wears beautiful pink and white traditional clothing, while Shin Sung Rok is decked out in royal traditional clothing as well as a crown.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1262805wpp/shin-sung-rok-jang-nara-get-married-wedding-century-last-empress
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So true dear @booha - I am also terrified of mummified stuff... But the trailer has one :o So yeah, we have to prepare ourselves..!! This is not a typical historic drama as in the premise..!!!

And dear @nakatsubebe - There isn't any info of Oh Sunny get killed by the emperor too and she will be back to get her revenge... I've only read this that Oh Sunny breaks down the royal family with the help of Na Wang-Sik and finds true love... But who knows..?! This is the K-dramaland so, anything is possible under the radar :o Can't wait to see them at the press conference..!!!!

And dear @larus - Thank you for the article...!! Jang Na Ra looks so beautiful :wub: OMG!~~~~ She truly is a Godess..!!! :wub:

• Like 8

Wahhh look at those arms . The veins are popping out :tounge_xd:. Hmmmm

ok this is definitely going to be one epic melodrama & production 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @triplem for the video... Hey, is it the next trailer..?! I can't find it on youtube.!! And look at Jang Na Ra~~~~ She's more than a Godess!!! :wub: WOW!! Kissing scenes are also there... OH MAN, this is going to be the drama of the century..!! :o Horror, mystery, thriller, fantasy, romance & everything is there..!!!!

And of course, what are those hands..?! By the way, this may look dumb.. But in the previous preview, there was a mummy wearing the necklace. Then who could that be.?! By chance, is it Shin Sung Rok's mom or someone..?! :o But mummies are 100 million years old.. So that's not an applicable theory..! But something is strange.. And also, at the end of the video, Choi Jin Hyuk shouts at Shin Sung Rok like, "I'll kill you" :oSo as you said, something EPIC is definitely on its way.........

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

8 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And dear @nakatsubebe - There isn't any info of Oh Sunny get killed by the emperor too and she will be back to get her revenge... I've only read this that Oh Sunny breaks down the royal family with the help of Na Wang-Sik and finds true love... But who knows..?! This is the K-dramaland so, anything is possible under the radar :o Can't wait to see them at the press conference..!!!!

It's just a hypothesis, chingu. Not saying it's gonna happen but one of the 'what-ifs" :lol: But it looks like on the 3rd teaser, the woman we're gonna hate here is Min Yu-Ra.

Here's a teaser with eng sub courtesy of goback_jangnara IG

• Like 5

just saw the teaser posted on nara's ig acc

can i hate lee hyuk now already?

still adore ssr though, but for sure this lee hyuk guy is not your prince charming in any way

and if he is that d* bag like the teaser

he is one to hate like for real

though the kiss is like hmmm...

hahaha

and the female villain elijah lee (rite?)

got a gut feeling she will be a real b*

that conniving, sneaky ..... 

:angry:

watching this teaser sorta reeled me back to earth once again

it kinda remind myself that

this is not some fluffy rom com that i am used to see jang nara in, 

this is serious matter

it will be painful and harsh and even cruel (not in the cute kinda way, more like ur daily drama kinda way times ten)

*takes a deep breath

hopefully i will survive watching this as sunny and na wang shik (yes, i learn a new name today!) survived all of that makjangs and be happy together at the end

:tounge_xd:

@booha at this point after watching the teaser, i dare not wishing for lots of romance anymore

just pls have mercy for our leads

give them some breathing time and let them use one another as support and confidante (if pluto can provide that for them, then flung away)

hahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 2