Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Recommended Posts

LH's right-hand man

4MzIvSC.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1600585

 

11 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

if oh sunny and cjh's character and their family has known one another for quite a while before the story starts

is there a chance of him being in love with her for so long while she's being oblivious and unaware?

that seems to be most likely isnt it?

though the idea of they created a bond and developed their feeling while being there for one another in the palace seems quite interesting as well

 

about cjh's injury, i hope he won't overstrained himself

not just for the sake of the drama and their filming schedule which will be gruelling i presume

but also for his own health

^_^

 

btw with only ten days away from the premier

where is the posters?

we need it now

hahaha

I appreciate about your concern for CJH.  thank you  Hopefully he will be better.    Now we have more serious matter to talk about. haha  You are right. What happened to the poster and many other things??   It’s getting very close to the premiere yet there isn’t much stuff coming from SBS.  :angry:
About the childhood connection,  I want to wait and see how the story line starts first. There seems to be a child actor(s?).   CJH’s last drama had the writer insert this childhood connection for OTP at the end and everybody booed. hahaha  :P:D
Btw SSR posted  Lee Hyuk image  with a line ‘lonely, sad guy LH.  Could it be that  LH would turn out to be very bad so SSR tried to toss out  a sympathetic card for LH?  
 I’m more curious about the necklace which Sunny is wearing. I wonder if the dead (or mummified) person might be the first empress, LH’s first wife somehow?   
 For a possible makjang element,  how about NWS as a secret loyal son. hehe :unsure:

 

 

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

 

OH YES...! Where're the posters..??!! This series doesn't have posters..?! NO WAY! But, great things take time :love: So I hope we'll get something magical soon...!!! :wub: Fingers crossed..!!!

 

 

Thank you so much for praising me dear... :wub: It means a lot to me since it's my very first time seeing a historical drama..!! And not to mentioned the chemistry between the 3 leads.. They are all hard working for the project!! And I am not really a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk.. But I think his perfect bodyguard material will give me a chance to become one of his fans..!! :wub: YES!!! So many things to fall for this series.. So, I'm having high hopes here..!!!!!! :o

 

Yes I understand when we watch a drama, it’s all about a character regardless how one feels about an actor who plays it.  How one feels about any character or actor is all subjective  just like chemistry.  At least we all like JNR.   I think that’s a good start right? haha    I pray there will be a good chemistry among the cast.   No matter how bad a drama might be as long as there is a good chemistry (especially otp) I will stick around.  It’s because I watch a drama with my emotions more than with my head.  hehe :tounge_wink:

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 10:51 PM, triplem said:

Omg!!! Will CJH finally get jang Nara?!!!! 

 

I’m here to check in 

 

@booha what a treat for us ! Two dramas in a row after a “Long”  hiatus. 

@larus Seems like it’s set in an alternate Korea.  So something similar to The King 2 Hearts ? 

Hiyaaaa... I'm asking the same question too! :lol: :lol:

 

Yup, I never thought that he will appear this soon after DJ. Wait, I'm still in ep 12 of that. :sweatingbullets:

 

@larus love reading your post about dramas love to give the same typical roles to the actors. I think, there's plenty of roles available out there but maybe he is destined and very suitable to play a villain one, that's why he keeps getting the same roles.

 

So I've read the drama synopsis but I don't get it well. So let me clear it, JNR will be the empress, it means she is the wife of the emperor, that is SSR's character? Didn't the synopsis told about MYR (LE's character)? I'm getting confused here or maybe I'm not reading it well. Lol

 

Will SSR act as a villain again here? If it's not then what role for CJH here? I want him to have a romance with JNR this time, to fulfill the old wish of me when they were in FTLY. Hahaha

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, booha said:

 

I appreciate about your concern for CJH.  thank you  Hopefully he will be better.    Now we have more serious matter to talk about. haha  You are right. What happened to the poster and many other things??   It’s getting very close to the premiere yet there isn’t much stuff coming from SBS.  :angry:
About the childhood connection,  I want to wait and see how the story line starts first. There seems to be a child actor(s?).   CJH’s last drama had the writer insert this childhood connection for OTP at the end and everybody booed. hahaha  :P:D
Btw SSR posted  Lee Hyuk image  with a line ‘lonely, sad guy LH.  Could it be that  LH would turn out to be very bad so SSR tried to toss out  a sympathetic card for LH?  
 I’m more curious about the necklace which Sunny is wearing. I wonder if the dead (or mummified) person might be the first empress, LH’s first wife somehow?   
 For a possible makjang element,  how about NWS as a secret loyal son. hehe :unsure:

 

 

Yes I understand when we watch a drama, it’s all about a character regardless how one feels about an actor who plays it.  How one feels about any character or actor is all subjective  just like chemistry.  At least we all like JNR.   I think that’s a good start right? haha    I pray there will be a good chemistry among the cast.   No matter how bad a drama might be as long as there is a good chemistry (especially otp) I will stick around.  It’s because I watch a drama with my emotions more than with my head. 

 

YES.. I am also concerned about the necklace here.. And I don't know why, but I'm getting strange vibes that the necklace could be a curse for Oh Sunny!!! And why the title is "The Last Empress"...??!! :open_mouth: Then Oh Sunny must be the last heir for the necklace..??! This is so intriguing..!! It's obvious that we'll get climaxes everyday..!!

 

And WHAT THE **** WITH POSTERS..??!!! :lol: We only have about 2 weeks to go. Come on SBS..!! Give us some juice, would you??!!!~~~~ :love: And looking forward to see our lovebirds - Na Ra & Jin Hyuk :heart:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 7:34 PM, nakatsubebe said:

It’s funny that Nara put a hashtag translated to ‘I’m Promoting’ and ‘It’s your older sis’...then I googled SSR’s birthday and indeed, he’a a year younger than Nara. She’s the nuna of her 2 male leads again.

If she didn't tell us there I would believe if people say that she is younger than them. Actually, she looks vividly a lot younger than them. I guess she stops aging long ago. 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

 love reading your post about dramas love to give the same typical roles to the actors. I think, there's plenty of roles available out there but maybe he is destined and very suitable to play a villain one, that's why he keeps getting the same roles.

 

Shin Sung Rok plays the bad guys very well. No wonder they will cast as a villain all the time. His wicked smirk is excelent. :lol: Actors want to play various roles and genre and I don`t have doubt that he wants that as well not only the audience. As long as he gets roles, he/everyone is happy. But the industry tends to give typical roles to actors. For exemple, Lee Joon Gi wants to play in a rom com but he gets offers only in action dramas. I know he is good in those scenes/ dramas but I want to see him for once in a drama without fighting. Not to mention about the trends. Now is the trends of priests and horror genre. :D

 

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

So I've read the drama synopsis but I don't get it well. So let me clear it, JNR will be the empress, it means she is the wife of the emperor, that is SSR's character? Didn't the synopsis told about MYR (LE's character)? I'm getting confused here or maybe I'm not reading it well. Lol

 

Yes, Jang Na Ra will play the role of musical actress who will marry the emperor Lee Hyuk played by Shin Sun Rok. And she will fall in love with the bodyguard of the imperial family played by Choi Jin Hyuk. So your wish will come true. There will be a murder and the empress and the bodyguard will discover the dirty secrets of the royal family. Because the drama is called The Last Empress, they will succeed to break down the royal family. The emperror won`t end well.  :) Both Shin Sung Rok and Lee Elijah will plays the villians.  Min Yoo-Ra is just an emplyee at the royal court who knows the secrets of the emperor. I bet she loves him. We`ll see how everything is going to be.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, larus said:

 

Shin Sung Rok plays the bad guys very well. No wonder they will cast as a villain all the time. His wicked smirk is excelent. :lol: Actors want to play various roles and genre and I don`t have doubt that he wants that as well not only the audience. As long as he gets roles, he/everyone is happy. But the industry tends to give typical roles to actors. For exemple, Lee Joon Gi wants to play in a rom com but he gets offers only in action dramas. I know he is good in those scenes/ dramas but I want to see him for once in a drama without fighting. Not to mention about the trends. Now is the trends of priests and horror genre. :D

 

Shin Sung Rok always plays the bad guy... I don't know why..?! Perhaps he has a villain look on his face..?! :lol:

 

And you are so right... It's the horror era in South Korea :D And I must say this.. When the trailer showed a mummy with the necklace, I was shocked..!! :hushed: And I really wish I'll be able to bare those scary visuals when the series starts..!! Since this is not only a typical historic drama, we have to expect some supernatural stuff.!!.. And I really hope you'll continue watching the series not dropping it half-the way through, if you know what I mean dear..!! :wub::sweat_smile:

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Since this is not only a typical historic drama, we have to expect some supernatural stuff.!!.. And I really hope you'll continue watching the series not dropping it half-the way through, if you know what I mean dear..!

 

No, not a supernatural drama this time. :lol: I usual finish all the dramas I started. Because I am a little busy, I watch them when in my own time. I don`t know if this time I will menage to watch on time and keep reading the thread constantly. But don`t worry. I am sure this thread will be more active then others.

 

Lee Hee Jin Is A Quirky Princess And Yoon Joo Man A Merciless Villain In “The Last Empress”

by L. Kim

 

9c40a16a0eba484487a772b23f3473d1.jpeg?s=

Upcoming SBS drama “The Last Empress” released photos of Lee Hee Jin and Yoon Joo Man’s characters.

“The Last Empress” depicts modern-day Korea as a constitutional monarchy. It has a refreshing story line showing the conspiracies, struggles, love, greed, and revenge that happen under the rule of the imperial family.

Lee Hee Jin will play the role of Princess So Jin, the sister of the Korean Empire emperor Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) and the president of the Hwanggung Complex Shopping Mall. Although Princess So Jin has many things, she experiences loneliness due to a lack of affection, an appearance complex, and lack of self-esteem. She has unusual fashion style, and she comforts herself through her shopping addiction.

In the stills, Lee Hee Jin confidently marches into the shopping mall in her unconventional outfit that includes orange sunglasses and blue high heels.

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1261195wpp/lee-hee-jin-quirky-princess-yoon-joo-man-merciless-villain-last-empress

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 SHADES OF JANG NA RA

 

WOW~~~~ She's so pretty, charming & beautiful..!! And can't even believe that she's nearly 40... :o And she's older than all her leading guys..!!! She's 1 year older than Shin Sung Rok & She's 5 years older than Choi Jin Hyuk!!! :wub: But that's totally OK for her..!!! And I read somewhere that she's the one who falls for Choi Jin Hyuk first in the series..! Then it'll be a magical love by Oh Sunny & Na Wang-Sik :wub: YES, I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE PREMIERE NOW!!!!~~~~~ :wub:

 

45980420_2090056497972552_59830541080791

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, larus said:

well. No wonder they will cast as a villain all the time. His wicked smirk is excelent. :lol:

You right. He's perfectly in sync with those villains character he played. I remember my first time knowing him as the villain in YCFTS. He gave me goosebumps. And also the one he played in LG. 

 

5 hours ago, larus said:

Actors want to play various roles and genre and I don`t have doubt that he wants that as well not only the audience. As long as he gets roles, he/everyone is happy. But the industry tends to give typical roles to actors. For exemple, Lee Joon Gi wants to play in a rom com but he gets offers only in action dramas. I know he is good in those scenes/ dramas but I want to see him for once in a drama without fighting. Not to mention about the trends. Now is the trends of priests and horror genre. :D

Yes, I want to see him playing protagonist character or different roles from what he always does. Hope he'll get the chance in the future projects. He looks more cheeful and peaceful with those messy curly bangs and light brown hair gives him more youthful chic vibes. 

Spoiler

empressdignity_3.jpg

 

5 hours ago, larus said:

And she will fall in love with the bodyguard of the imperial family played by Choi Jin Hyuk. So your wish will come true.

Hahahaha. Well, it's going to be interesting then. 

 

The makjang melo they keep hinting, it's really not my thing. I try to avoid makjang drama as much as possible. But then, it could be a very interesting watch experience too. So yeah, let's see then. 

 

Their royal maid and empire costumes remind me of the one used in Goong. 

 

P.S. the priest trend, lol. Dramaland likes to follow the trend. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two fan groups sent the coffee/ snack trucks: narajjang_official_fanclub (coffee) & DC JNR(snack)

 

 

 

narajjang_official_fanclub

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

DC JNR

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear @booha

 

Thank you so much for the pics of my favorite Na Ra :wub::heart: She's so beautiful in white..!!!~~~~~ Just like a fairy princess.!! :wub: But why does she look so tired & annoyed in Hanbok at the coffee truck..??!! :o I am surprised..! I've never seen such a negative face of her..!~~ :cold_sweat: She looks like a little girl in Hanbok..!! So petite :o

 

And hopefully we get another trailer & POSTERS of course next week...!!!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Yes, I want to see him playing protagonist character or different roles from what he always does. Hope he'll get the chance in the future projects. He looks more cheeful and peaceful with those messy curly bangs and light brown hair gives him more youthful chic vibes.

 

 

SSR actually plays lead and as protagonist in theater plays. And he has a very good singing voice too when he does musical plays. JNR went to watch one of his plays ‘Daddy Long Legs’ before starting to shoot for The Last Empress. He played Jervis Pendleton who is obviously a good guy. In TLE, JNR is a musical stage actress. I assume she went to see his play not only to support his new leading man but also to get a quick insight on her new role (although she always watches plays since her dad is still doing theater).

 

 

I’m sure this coming week, the production will do most of their promo since ‘Two Lives One Heart’ will end this week. I assume there would be posters too unless they just wanted that plain title poster which we’ve been seeing all along. JNR had an IG post a while back when she was wigling her toes and she’s wearing a hanbok. It looks like a photo shoot so maybe it is a part of making their poster.

 

What makes this drama highly anticipated is the fact that the cast are known to have good acting skills. They may not be idols with legions of fans but they are known to deliver what they are expected of. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bodyguard & emperor B):P

 

 

 

** It seems SSR is a sort of workaholic.  He has such a long list in appearing in drama, movie and theater/musical. Now I know why he is so tall.   He played basketball in high school but he had to give it up due to injury and became an actor.  He is doing well in theater.

Spoiler


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Sung-rok … Mainstream breakthrough still eluded Shin, but in theater his star was rising. In 2007, Shin was picked from 400 auditionees for the lead role Solomon in Dancing Shadows, a musical adaptation of the realist play Forest Fire by celebrated Korean playwright Cha Beom-seok.  He later received a Best New Actor nomination from the Korea Musical Awards.  As Shin starred in one hit musical after another, he continued to impress critics with his acting performances, his strong and powerful baritone vocals and his delicate and clear alto notes. He is now considered a top musical star, even drawing fans from outside Korea to his shows. )

 

Here are two musical videos
2017년~2018년 《모래시계》 - 박태수 역

‘너에게 건다’ 신성록 풀버전

cr to uploader

 

2018년 《용의자X의 헌신》 - 유카와 역

[대명문화공장 1관 비발디파크홀 :용의자X의 헌신]

 

cr to uploader

 

 

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@booha Thank you for the clips. I was actually watching clips of SSR's plays in YT too. All 3 of them - CJH, JNR, and SSR are singer/actors. Even Lee Hee-jin is a singer/actor too. We have a talented cast for this drama. I am also looking forward to see JNR sing again and I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way especially after Go Back Couple. She will probably sing more than 1 song as a musical actress. She mentioned in her previous interviews that it is hard for her to sing and act at the same time because she is not good with 'multi-tasking'. But that is what made me love her, she broke the mold and became both a singer and an actress. Although she may not realize it and thinks she is lacking, she paved a way for current idols/singers to branch out and also become actors in plays, dramas, and movies. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 1:49 PM, booha said:

I appreciate about your concern for CJH.  thank you  Hopefully he will be better. 

 

i adore him, cant say that i'm his fan since i only watched two dramas of him, one is because of jang nara aka fated to love you

and another one is because i like that drama regardless of the actors that is tunnel

but both dramas give me warm feeling of him, especially tunnel

he was amazing in that drama

and so i am rooting for him and hoping the best for him

then again i am also rooting for ssr, hahaha

 

beside knee injury can be really painful and stays with you

shin hyesung from shinhwa suffered from knee injury long time ago and even still relies on steroid to ease the pain and so that he can function

 he even get exempted from army because it was that serious

so i dont want cjh to suffer the same

 

On 11/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, gm4queen said:

OH YES...! Where're the posters..??!! This series doesn't have posters..?! NO WAY! But, great things take time :love: So I hope we'll get something magical soon...!!! :wub: Fingers crossed..!!!

 

On 11/11/2018 at 1:49 PM, booha said:

Now we have more serious matter to talk about. haha  You are right. What happened to the poster and many other things??   It’s getting very close to the premiere yet there isn’t much stuff coming from SBS.  :angry:

 

ah... the posters

since they are late it better be magical and blinding

hahaha

 

pls let someone who ha at least some skills in photopshop to do the posters?

kekeke

 

got a feeling that one of the poster would be featuring their wedding procession

because that is the ultimate vision of this drama

with both sunny and lee hyun in wedding gard walking down or up the aisle

and cjh (btw what is his character's name, i must have missed it) is looking from side in his bodyguard suit along with the earpiece (because that is important)

and to make it makjang we can also put the mother empress and that vilaines el in the poster looking from side with mysterious smirk too

hahaha

 

and then the tag line, i'm imagining thought, different thoughts from the characters

something cheesy from sunny

sinister from lee hyuk

vengeance note from cjh

and so on

:tounge_xd:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

 

i adore him, cant say that i'm his fan since i only watched two dramas of him, one is because of jang nara aka fated to love you

and another one is because i like that drama regardless of the actors that is tunnel

but both dramas give me warm feeling of him, especially tunnel

he was amazing in that drama

and so i am rooting for him and hoping the best for him

then again i am also rooting for ssr, hahaha

 

pls let someone who ha at least some skills in photopshop to do the posters?

kekeke

 

I've also only watched Choi Jin Hyuk in "Fated To Love You" b'cause of Jang Na Ra...! And I am not a "Tunnel" fan.. But in here, I think I'll eventually be a fan of him..! :D And Shin Sung Rok also is more handsome than I thought he is..!! And look, both the lead namjas are hot!!!~~~~ So I am all in :wub:

 

Me me me... I am an expert in Photoshop & please look forward to my artworks once Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik fall in love :wub: I'm having butterflies that their love will be magical~~~!!! Between a fairy angel & a handsome man.!! WOW, SOUNDS AMAAAAZING!! :) And it's said that Oh Sunny is the one who falls for Wang Sik first so, this is gonna be a magic ride!!!

 

Anyway, it's next week...!!! So we need more stuff now~~~~!!!!!! :heart:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annyeong @booha  I am checking in for uri CJH... :love:

Annyeong chingudeul.... :wub:

Thank goodness he's back so soon after DJ! And he came back hawter that ever.. hahaha.... 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 8:57 AM, gm4queen said:

Dear @booha

 

Thank you so much for the pics of my favorite Na Ra :wub::heart: She's so beautiful in white..!!!~~~~~ Just like a fairy princess.!! :wub: But why does she look so tired & annoyed in Hanbok at the coffee truck..??!! :o I am surprised..! I've never seen such a negative face of her..!~~ :cold_sweat: She looks like a little girl in Hanbok..!! So petite :o

 

And hopefully we get another trailer & POSTERS of course next week...!!!

 

Actually I felt too JNR seemed to be under the weather at first. But in other photos she showed her usual bubbling smile so I didn’t think much of it.  After reading yours I peeked around in dc. Just one member mentioned she appeared to be a bit down in the clip.  But another said her pouting expression was rather adorable.  Maybe she was acting for a cute expression. lol   Oh well maybe we are too overly sensitive about such things.  haha 

Btw I read it was very cold that day and a bad dust storm came which made everything uncomfortable.   The staff could come to the support truck only during the break because the filming set had limited time so the crew had to work busily.  Even JNR had to come during her quick break.  After taking some pictures she had to rush back so fast that she didn’t have time to sign for her fans. Someone mentioned she heard even the meal time had to be cut short due to busy shooting.  Hopefully everything goes smoothly.-_-

 

On 11/11/2018 at 4:21 PM, nakatsubebe said:

@booha Thank you for the clips. I was actually watching clips of SSR's plays in YT too. All 3 of them - CJH, JNR, and SSR are singer/actors. Even Lee Hee-jin is a singer/actor too. We have a talented cast for this drama. I am also looking forward to see JNR sing again and I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way especially after Go Back Couple. She will probably sing more than 1 song as a musical actress. She mentioned in her previous interviews that it is hard for her to sing and act at the same time because she is not good with 'multi-tasking'. But that is what made me love her, she broke the mold and became both a singer and an actress. Although she may not realize it and thinks she is lacking, she paved a way for current idols/singers to branch out and also become actors in plays, dramas, and movies. 

 

Thanks for telling me about JNR.  I only know about JNR’s career briefly.  I mentioned before that JNR had a small circle of women friends.   Once I saw a picture of them together with one or two others.  PKL is not a pushover type. She is the kind of a person who looks at a barrier as a challenge and tackles it.   So I sensed that these women were a pack together to handle their careers in k-entertainment industry which is largely run by men.   Korea is a patriarchal society under Confucius principles.    But in k-drama entertainment there is a bit more room for a career woman(like an actress)  to carve out her own territory as the majority of the kdrama viewers are women.   Still it’s a tough environment for any actress alone to navigate through a patriarchal society.  
JNR has an appearance of cutesy  and adorable but in that photo I felt she was a part of those women who were k-feminists, strong and tough independent career women.   What you said about her is so right.  I’m not surprised to hear  she has been a role model for the younger generation.:)

 

**Here is something amusing while waiting to see palace intrigue in a k-lalaland :tired::tounge_xd:

f5O50bE.jpg

 

Spoiler

 

erx5ejU.jpg

1rzpngA.jpg

C4WAviH.jpg

R7riMrO.jpg

MUpyhK5.jpg

 

cr to DC

 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh... the bts is making me more impatient. When will this be air actually? I know you guys might have mentioned it but I miss to read the airing date of its premiere. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...