Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

the trailer is intense and very intriguing

i am quite anxious waiting for this drama now

and scared too

the slightly higher intensity that i have watched from jang nara was her drama hello monster

so this is new from her

other than that others are quite mellow

(i watched all of her korean dramas aside from nonstop since that one never got subbed, to my knowledge that is, so pls correct me if i'm wrong)

hahaha

i was shocked at first when i saw the necklace on the mummified/decaying? skeleton was suddenly on the neck of oh sunny, even the dress was similar in color

my first frantic thought was, 'she died?'

then my rational takes over and was like

it wasnt her, but the empress o.O

still...

and then the fact that she was almost died from the balcony accident makes me think that that might be the first but wont be the last that she will come face to face with accident and death, and seeing how cheerful her character is, makes me think that prone to accident will be a trait of her

now i am seriously very intrigue why the emperor needed to marry her aside from trying to gain support from the public by marrying common person

aka the whole fairy tale cinderella story just to gain trust and support from public

there must be a specific reason why oh sunny was chosen

i have some, but prominent one is quite morbid to me though

hmmmm.....

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

i was shocked at first when i saw the necklace on the skeleton was suddenly on the neck of the mummified/decaying? skeleton

my first frantic thought was 'she died?'

then my rational takes over and was like

it wasnt her, but the empress

still

That was my first expression as well... Does the necklace have something evil, like a curse on it for destroy Oh Sunny..??!! :o This is definitely not what I've expected from such a fairy tale..!! The intense is at the top spot :o Hopefully we have more upcoming..!! :huh:

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

That was my first expression as well... Does the necklace have something evil, like a curse on it for destroy Oh Sunny..??!! :o This is definitely not what I've expected from such a fairy tale..!! The intense is at the top spot :o Hopefully we have more upcoming..!! :huh:

it was seriously taken me aback for a second 

had to just like rewatch the whole trailer once again just to be sure, and to ease my mind

if this was jang nara usual stuff romantic comedy, i wouldnt be too anxious and just laughed that scene off

but this is like me stepping into new territory with her and it scared me witless there

pretty sure for that 48 eps, there will be dozens of time we will sitting on the edge of whatever we are sitting

scared for her and for everyone else that we need to be worried about as well

:)

though with choi jinhyuk at least i have experienced 'tunnel' with him (good drama btw, for those who havent watch)

so no big deal :sweatingbullets:

hahaha

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

pretty sure for that 48 eps, there will be dozens of time we will sitting on the edge of whatever we are sitting

scared for her and for everyone else that we need to be worried about as well

though with choi jinhyuk at least i have experienced 'tunnel' with him (good drama btw, for those who havent watch)

so no big deal :sweatingbullets:

YES... Looks like a lot is on the way for Oh Sunny :o

And I am not a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk... I am here only for Jang Na Ra..!! :wub: But I hope Choi Jin Hyuk will impress me with his perfect bodyguard material..... And of course, at this rate Oh Sunny really needs a man by her side to protect her..!!! :D If you know what I mean though...

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

For me, this looks like somewhat of a revenge drama (perfect combo of makjang and thriller). Oh Sunny looks like she was just tossed into this crazy monarch family which superficially appears like a fairy tale until she discovers the evil beneath and she found a confidant with CJH’s character who also has a grudge with the imperial family and both of them will get their revenge. But how? And how evil would our emperor be? :naughty: Looks like he is pretty evil and cunning. 

@chubby^green^ I always wanted to see JNR in a drama that is not a rom-com and I think this is also what she wants based on her interviews. Hello Monster is somewhat a deviation but still kind of ended up a rom-com for her. Her character Oh Sunny is described as bright and she looks like she’s always the usual happy joyful Jang Nara on the teasers. I’m interested to see her when she is not the bright and happy Oh Sunny..perhaps when she is the revengeful Oh Sunny, the shift in her character would be interesting.

And finally I got my wish for a Soompi article :Dhttps://www.soompi.com/article/1259381wpp/upcoming-thriller-last-empress-drops-first-teaser-featuring-jang-nara-choi-jin-hyuk

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

YES... Looks like a lot is on the way for Oh Sunny :o

will we all be loosing our nails over oh sunny

hopefully we can also cheer on her as she braves through the ordeal and come out above everybody even the monarchy

hahaha

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

And of course, at this rate Oh Sunny really needs a man by her side to protect her..!!! :D If you know what I mean though...

as much as  want a man for oh sunny

i want her to be able to face the problem heads on, not just relying on the men arounds her

brave woman suited her more than damsel in distress kinda role

hahaha

though i know choi jin hyuk would be more than a knight to her, (hopefully he wont hurt her too much with his own revenge mission or sumthing)

and hopefully we wont see crying oh sunny too much, i am a lil weak when it comes to jang nara's crying scenes, cause that girl can surely flood a river, hahaha

@nakatsubebe same here, i also wanted her to try not just different character but also different genres cause i know she can totally pulls anything off, 

even in hello monster, i think she did a great job playing a detective (kinda pissed me off when some said that they prefer someone else playing cha ji an instead of her, she was perfect! no one can tell me otherwise :P

have to admit that it was kinda rom-action for her still for that drama , but still she was good enough for me being a tough detective and her fight sequences although not much was nicely done

so for this drama, i dont want just a simple bubbly, oblivious, naive character for her

i want her to be more than that...

someone who has good head on her shoulder, rational, brave and strong, a lil forward maybe, but still not just a fool

so just like you

18 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

I’m interested to see her when she is not the bright and happy Oh Sunny..perhaps when she is the revengeful Oh Sunny, the shift in her character would be interesting.

although i am not that interested or sure in the whole revenge plot thingy, i too want to see darker side of oh sunny 

the side where we would root for her and satisfied with her actions

sure she was dragged unwillingly into the whole monarchy situation in the first place, but she doesn't need to take all that lying down

if that comes to her, then she would better face it head on hard

would it be too much to ask?

hahaha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, triplem said:

CJH posted the same .They weren’t kidding about the melodrama/ makjang tagging :lol: @booha . Hello @gm4queen!

melo & makjang!!  better be juiceful :lol::lol: 

jinhyuk says: # The Last Empress # 2 teaser   # A lot of secrets ..

So happy and relieved Viki has TLE.  They named the trans team as THE EMPRESS' MINION TEAM.   whahha

StrQfex.gif

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group

6 hrs ·

【2018.11.07★G-Tree Creative Official SNS Update/更新】

Reposted from @g_tree_creative -
<황후의 품격>이 정말 얼마 안 남았나봐요 조금 전 공개된 2차 티저! 진혁배우의 활약이 더욱 기대되네요

<皇后的品格》看來真的沒剩多少天了, 不久前公開的第二波預告!振赫演員的表現更讓人期待。

#지트리크리에이티브 #gtreecreative #최진혁 #崔振赫 #choijinhyuk #チェジュニョク #황후의품격 #티저공개 #21일첫방송

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp39c5mhckr/…

★11月21日星期三晚上10點(韓國時間) SBS首播

*中文翻譯: "CJHHKFG" 轉載時請註明
*Translated by "CJHHKFG" Please give full credit to if reposting.

((translation))  Teaser2

(033) (Sunny)  I’m empress Oh Sunny.  

(030) (bro?) No matter what I will find out who killed our mother.    
(027) (man) ((*inaudible, ? someone in the imperial court/or the imperial security guard who has to die))
(024) [Beginning of bloody revenge aimed at the imperial court]
(022) (man) You all are deceiving  by the emperor.
(020) (girl) I made a mistake  

(019)(grand empress) Your behavior is so disgraceful and disgusting.  ((*meaning she didn’t behave as a woman in a proper traditional way)) 

(017) (girl)Your majesty!!
[Overthrow the rotten, corrupt empire ] 
(015) (Sunny) I’m OSunny  Nice to meet you
(011) (man) The real revenge is to overthrow it  
(008) (Sunny) Save me  

(006) (Sunny) I can’t trust anything anymore, with the emperor, and  the imperial court.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

soompi news about the teaser 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1259381wpp/upcoming-thriller-last-empress-drops-first-teaser-featuring-jang-nara-choi-jin-hyuk

though it was the other teaser not the one posted earlier

it's the old one, but hey we got an article about the drama at least

hahaha

anyway i am happy viki are poised to sub this drama and the team's name is so cute

and since viki is going to sub this, maybe we will get more articles later on

beside since the airing date is near

pretty sure the promotion will be getting more intense now

ps as mush as i am happy for viki, i am also glad for the whole 24 hours thingy from airing date that my local cable tv has here aka astro; meaning i dont have to rely on my barely breathing internet to watch this drama

even if its one day later than korea

it's more than good enough for me

and i also have this thread to rely on spoilers and update

thank you in advance

hahaha

• Like 4

Oh the second trailer makes it look really interesting. I also like the darker tone and prays that it is not one of those weak rom com trying to be a dark rom com lol. Can’t wait! 

• Like 6

just thought of sharing the BTS stills of the 2nd trailer.!!..

Jang Na Ra is pure pretty...!!! Love her so much :wub: But I feel like she's showing her age sometimes now... But that doesn't mind..!! :wub: She's the fairy of "The Last Empress"..!!

And just look at Choi Jin Hyuk's face.. :D He's the perfect bodyguard I've ever seen in a K-drama... :wub:

And Shin Sung Rok is blah blah blah..!! :D:D:D

By the way, I am wondering about something... Why the Empress is named as "The Last Empress"..??!! :o And I am still doubting that the necklace is a curse for Oh Sunny.!!..

45581130_2088153844829484_63610431417341

• Like 9

The younger emperor Lee Hyuk. I read somewhere that the back story is that Lee Hyuk and Oh Sunny know each other when they were kids.

• Like 7

the young emperor looks so cute and so innocent

what did the previous king did that makes him into emperor lee hyun?

hahaha

2 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

The younger emperor Lee Hyuk. I read somewhere that the back story is that Lee Hyuk and Oh Sunny know each other when they were kids.

ah if that is true, now they are throwing the whole childhood crush, or innocent first love into the mix

working that makjang factor it seems

hahaha

make it more makjang

actually lee hyun when was young was not the leehyun now but instead was cjh aka the palace guard/bodyguard actually

:tounge_xd:

total makjang then

btw.. i have seen lots of people from the palace being introduced but noone from sunny's common life

i mean those around her before she become an empress

i hope she has some confidantes and allies lurking somewhere

a gal need a bff first and foremost, and some crazy normal people as well

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Hi all, huge fan of Nara and Im totally over the moon for this drama esp her reunion with Daniel...nawww he just couldnt beat the cackle of JH. :D

CJH IG update and Nara made a comment on it. From uncle google it says something about her feeling safe...kekeke his the palace bodyguard afterall. Hmmm wonder if his willing to take the bullet for her and the Emperor?..nooo pls no sad ending. Touchwood I didnt say that. 

Im not sure who her leading man will be but def looking forward to see her chemistry with both. I know SSR has always played as a villian and looks like here too but I dunno being an Emperor I guess his more or less.... grey??

• Like 7