Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

so is this means choi jinhyuk gonna be main lead? as i seen his role beside jang nara after SSR (in naver)

can anyone enlighten me? thanks!

• Like 5

OMG!  lot is going on the emperior palace :o Thank you so much @booha for the eng sub... I read them all.!

And what a twist..?! Lee Hyuk is married to Oh Sunny but he has another woman besides him.. And Oh Sunny is so helpless that she's like a hostage under the shadow of Lee Hyuk....!!!!! OH God.! He's a real villain this time :o

And Na Wang Sik is 140kg..??!!! :o:o:o:o OMO! I am shocked! And his mother was hit by Lee Hyuk & his other woman is the master mind behind the accident!! Now, I can imagine the reason for the tough look of Choi Jin Hyuk..! OMG, this is gonna be a revenge drama rather than been a historical one..... This is indeed the drama of the century!

And I am all OK with horror, thriller & mystery parts. But I am not at all OK with paranormal mummy parts. And wait a minute...WHAT..????? "He is known as a romanticist who misses his dead empress" :oDoes that mean the mummy is his ex-wife or his mom or someone..?!! :crazy: OH GOD again..!!....

Only 3 days till the press conference on Tuesday...!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, AlexandraReid said:

so is this means choi jinhyuk gonna be main lead? as i seen his role beside jang nara after SSR (in naver)

can anyone enlighten me? thanks!

Well one can say JNR and CJH are the leads, or JNR and CJH and SSR are too    haha  :)

observation point  =>  trio of J.C.S.   :blush:

• Like 3

wah i finally read all the descriptions posted by @booha thank you so much... :blush:

and now all are clear to me

lor even before the story start

dunno if its good or not :sweatingbullets:

i dont mind though

i love spoiler

hahaha

but at least now we know why both of them got married, it's all started with misunderstanding, just to hide an accident and scandal

all because of that, sunny was thrown into the chaos and turmoil

though i do believe now that na wang shik might will hate sunny in the beginning because i believe that he believes sunny was part of the scheme of being an alibi to lee hyuk for the accident,

or maybe he thinks sunny know about the accident and just pretend that she doesnt know,

and the price she gets is becoming lee hyuk's wife,

or or or

hahaha

he thinks that sunny was with lee hyuk that night instead of min yura

who actually cause the accident of nws's mom (gawd my brain is running 100 miles in all directions now)

min yura is most probably rotten from the core but at the same time she maybe actually do loves lee hyuk, just that her greed exceeded her love

lee hyuk might actually be that some sort of lonesome wolf who is pitiable even though with his royal blood and prestige though i'm still not sure whether he is redeemable

he did end up fallen for sunny

though that time it might already be too late

and what he did after fallen for her is just plain bad still

the grand empress might seems to be supporting sunny

but she also has her own reason for wanting sunny to marry lee hyuk

and also the mystery of the dead empress aka lee hyuk's first wife

what happen to her?

hahahah

i'm not crazy, okay maybe a lil just a lil...

but i tend to dwell (lets just pretend that i'm passionate about this drama) too much on things that i like

and this is obviously gonna be my next obsession

sorry guys

:grimace:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Actress Shin Eun-Kyung as Empress Dowager Kang~~~~ Such a villain look on her face... 

46494679_2093538004291068_38796955796887

And yes @chubby^green^ - I am also curious over the mummy stuff now... It's obvious that the mummy is Lee Hyuk's ex-wife.! But what caused her to die..?! Some sort of a disease or a murder..?! Or am I missing something here... I hope we have no other leads about the mummy yet.. :o And now that Oh Sunny's wearing the ex-wife's necklace, could she get cursed by it??!.. And my most suspicious fact is, how can his ex-wife turns in to a mummy.?! Mummies are believed to be preserved long ago by being rubbed with special oils and wrapped in cloth. ..!! So, what's the theory here..?! I am excited...

• Like 8

**Okay we now have the character description for other the supporting cast too.  Will try to work on them

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/cast/56864

@gm4queen  @chubby^green^

I’m glad to see the char description stirred  up your fertile imagination.  Just reading yours made me very excited about this drama. Yes indeed  a lot of palace intrigue here :sweatingbullets::lol:   The writer definitely knows how to build up a story line with all these  rich details about the characters.   It’s clear that there will be some villains we are going to hate a lot.  Yeah unfortunately  Lee Hyuk seems to be one of them. But hopefully he will be a misunderstood king.      The writer gave him with this tag ‘pathological playboy’.    I know the translation sounds a bit bizarre. But it says LH  sleeps with a different woman every night. :wacko:   

Maybe there is a reason for his behavior? Under LH’s first wife (who appeared on the char description. Could it be she will show up in a flashback scene?); LH really loved her.   So maybe it was her death which caused LH to act like that? Maybe he was different before?  
The granny empress is going to get killed because she tries to correct things that happened in the palace including the death of LH’s first wife. It means the first wife’s death isn’t from natural causes? 
About MYR, it doesn’t seem she is bad at the beginning. Maybe she got into a relationship with WS because she felt obligated for his family? She is supposed to be  very smart and pretty, and a hard worker with a big ambition for her life. So I don’t blame her if she dumps WS who is just ordinary  and doesn’t have much going for himself.  But when her ambition meets a target, meeting LH, she may change to become bad. 

The reason LH’s mother tries to marry her son with Sunny is that she wants to break up  MYR from LH.  

Gosh you are right there is so much stuff intertwined with all these characters.B)

**Wow Gong Yu & Han Ji Min  sent the coffee truck for SRR saying ‘stop working’  haha Yes SRR is a workaholic.

Spoiler

• Like 4

Shin Eun Kyung Is A Regal But Terrifying Empress Dowager In “The Last Empress”

by E. Cha

a6dd4959339c4ec7bc28f143f1721f48.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “The Last Empress” has unveiled new stills of Shin Eun Kyung in her role as empress dowager!

“The Last Empress” is a new Wednesday-Thursday drama set in an alternate universe in which a constitutional monarchy exists in 2018. The upcoming thriller will tell the story of Oh Sunny (played by Jang Nara), a bubbly musical actress who suddenly becomes a modern-day Cinderella when she marries the emperor. After a royal murder shakes things up at the palace, Oh Sunny attempts to search for true love and happiness while bringing down the imperial family.

Actress Shin Eun Kyung will be playing the role of Empress Dowager Kang, the mother of Emperor Lee Hyuk (played by Shin Sung Rok). As the most powerful woman in the palace, she bears a majestic, intimidating aura that seeps through her elegant attire.

Although the empress dowager is a caring and affectionate mother, years of fighting her way through the ferocity and ruthlessness of palace life have transformed her love for her son into an unhealthy obsession.

The newly released stills from the drama show Shin Eun Kyung looking severe and composed as she carefully observes something in the distance. In one photo, the empress dowager appears to be surprised by something she hears while taking her tea; in another, she quietly tears up a letter with an expression of restrained terror.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1264885wpp/shin-eun-kyung-regal-terrifying-empress-dowager-last-empress

• Like 5

Nara is so pretty in hanbok

@booha thank you so much for your translations as we are getting some indication of the storyline.  And I do hope SSR is a misunderstood Emperor. From the teasers, I think he looks drugged out - esp where he was topless maybe Yu Ra was drugging him to seduce him . I think it was alchol or drugs that was in his system when he accidently hit and killed WS mother. :crazy:

SSR has played too many villian like roles and Im sure he nailed them all but it will be refreshing to see him in a different light. I love the bts of him esp his smile and sense of humor so it will be a pity if we dont see them in this drama. This will be my 1st drama that I will see of his and def looking forward to it. CJH has captured my heart since Heirs. Its his voice and looks can capture anyones heart.  Who knows whom Sunny will choose. Such a difficult choice :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Nara is so pretty in hanbok

@booha thank you so much for your translations as we are getting some indication of the storyline.  And I do hope SSR is a misunderstood Emperor. From the teasers, I think he looks drugged out - esp where he was topless maybe Yu Ra was drugging him to seduce him . I think it was alchol or drugs that was in his system when he accidently hit and killed WS mother. :crazy:

SSR has played too many villian like roles and Im sure he nailed them all but it will be refreshing to see him in a different light. I love the bts of him esp his smile and sense of humor so it will be a pity if we dont see them in this drama. This will be my 1st drama that I will see of his and def looking forward to it. CJH has captured my heart since Heirs. Its his voice and looks can capture anyones heart.  Who knows whom Sunny will choose. Such a difficult choice :sweatingbullets:

So adorable❤ 

Hello! Every one!! ^^ 

Let’s be good partner ~ 

(ENG sub) observation points3

Edited by jjangnarafan
  • Like 6

WOW dear @jjangnarafan !! Jang Na Ra is so BEAUTIFUL in any dress..!!!! :wub: She's the perfect choice for the empress.! And the press conference is on Tuesday.. 2 days more.! Can't wait to see her & the cast shine there..!!

And what's all about the pic that Oh Sunny picks something off the ground & Wang Sik holding his hand above her..??!! So lovely pic even though Choi Jin Hyuk is out of the range.! :o:D:heart:

• Like 8

@gm4queen 

Helllo?! :lol::)

It's strange and awkward to try the forum site on my first day, but thank you for saying so happily!

I'm looking forward to the press con, too! The day of the show is just around the corner. If we hold on for two more days, can see drama!^^ 

Then, Have a good time! :kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jjangnarafan said:

Helllo?! :lol::)

It's strange and awkward to try the forum site on my first day, but thank you for saying so happily!

No worries at all dear :wub: I totally enjoyed your IG posts on Na Ra & she's one of my favorite K-actresses.!!!! And just by looking at it, I can say that Jang Na Ra & Choi Jin Hyuk will be a hot on-screen couple..!!! Keep updating.. I am so lazy when it comes to searching for IG posts..

And welcome to the thread dear :love::kiss_wink::heart:

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

No worries at all dear :wub:

Keep updating.. I am so lazy when it comes to searching for IG posts..

Just saying that can really help me upload here! :love::love:

I'm a latecomer too, but I'll upload it here as soon as I know it's updated! Thank you so much!! :blush::blush: 

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ fighting!!!♡♡♡ hehe~~~><

• Like 4

@jjangnarafan Welcome to the thread. :D Im not sure which is your IG acc but will def look forward in seeing your updates. Keep them coming :w00t:

and it looks like we arent the only ones whom agree that she looks stunning in hanbok :D 

Jang Nara Transforms Into An Elegant Lady In “The Last Empress”

SBS’s “The Last Empress” has released new stills of Jang Nara!

“The Last Empress” takes place in an alternate reality where Korea is run by a constitutional monarchy. It will tell the story of conspiracy, secrecy, love, greed, and revenge that surrounds the royal family.

Jang Na Ra will appear as an unknown musical actress named Oh Sunny who becomes an empress after getting married to the emperor.

In the stills, Jang Nara shows her graceful, softer side. She’s dressed in hanbok(traditional Korean clothing) and has her hair in a braid. This is the scene right before she enters the palace to be received by the grand empress dowager and queen mother.

She shows her pure, elegant charms as she smiles in her flower-adorned green top and yellow skirt. This scene was filmed in the city of Buyeo located in the South Chungcheong Province. For this scene, Oh Sunny put away her curly hair and loose-fitting clothing to transform into an elegant ladyJang-Nara1.jpg.

Spoiler

36595dc94db44514bed8d7fc0cfacbbf.jpeg?s=

When she stepped onto the set, the staff praised her lovely and enchanting transformation with comments like, “You look really pretty,” and “You look like a doll wearing hanbok.” Jang Nara replied, “It’s comfortable in many ways because I am filming while wearing a hanbok for the first time in a while.”

She worked to control her emotions before filming and maintained lady Sunny’s elegant appearance. She put her arms together, stood shyly, and also made a cute expression to shake off some nerves. As soon as filming began, however, she filled the set with Oh Sunny’s feelings of nervousness and joy.

A source from the drama said, “Jang Nara is wowing everyone on set by not sparing herself physically while filming every single time. Please look forward to Jang Nara’s depiction of Oh Sunny which she is focusing on by giving her whole heart.”

This upcoming drama is written by Kim Soon Ok of “Sister Is Alive” and “Jang Bo Ri is Here” and directed by producing director Joo Dong Min of “Return.”

“The Last Empress” will premiere as the follow-up drama to “Heart Surgeons” on November 21 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

cr source - https://www.soompi.com/article/1265039wpp/jang-nara-transforms-elegant-lady-last-empress

• Like 8