[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, butwhatever said:

w, how many episodes do we have left? :o

Two more....

So they still have to sort out YB-mum relationship and KS going after her own dreams again. 

We know she will be going to school again.  So her dream will be pursued while  they live in Seoul.  She knows his history now and being so family oriented will want, help  him to reconcile with his Mother. It will be a little lonely for her till she makes friends and starts a family of her own.

29 minutes ago, tibba said:

Credit to our friends from the drama DC site. They're quick to provide us with sustenance to tide over the long wait :D

HOW CUTE ARE THESE TWO :wub: THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE TOGETHER AND YOOBAEK LOOKS SO IN LOVE I CANNOT DEAL WITH THIS MUCH CUTE. HELP. 

The raw is up. Now I can finally  watch the previous 2 episodes... 

6 minutes ago, RobinM said:

We know she will be going to school again.  So her dream will be pursued while  they live in Seoul.  She knows his history now and being so family oriented will want, help  him to reconcile with his Mother. It will be a little lonely for her till she makes friends and starts a family of her own.

I really hope they also bring Grandma with them, even though it's not permanent. She can help YB's mom be more like a mother to her son. That way, KS won't also have to worry so much for her.

Also, I hope they give a happy ending to MD, too. And the rest of the villagers.

I think it is better for yoobaek to send his mom to island to look after grandma. She can earn living to do other things with villagers and learn to fish like kangsoon. She can earn money too. It is a place of healing and yoobaek’s unconditional love for his mom no matter what she did. Grandma will see yoobaek in new light. His mom needs To stay away from the public after they learned the real truth about yoobaek. His mom may not find job after she revealed the truth. It is better that way so kangsoon can pursue her studies in Seoul while his mom looks after grandma. Yoobaek can bring many resources to build the village. Make village into film sites like they did for top star yoobaek. The island saved yoobaek and gave him so much love he deserves. He is giving it all back. He will help kangsoon to shuttle between the worlds. And more kissing to come. They are going to beat DC’s parents for lots of kisses and love! Hehe 

40 minutes ago, butwhatever said:

I really hope they also bring Grandma with them, even though it's not permanent. She can help YB's mom be more like a mother to her son. That way, KS won't also have to worry so much for her.

Also, I hope they give a happy ending to MD, too. And the rest of the villagers.

I think grandma rather stay in village. Yoobaek will convince his mom to come to the village to start a new life after she reveal the truth about him for his sake. Yoobaek will ask his mom to look after grandmother in island in return the favor after all the things he had done for her. He knew the island will help his mom. The island is a place of healing and unconditional love that saved him. It will help grandma to see yoobaek in a new light on his maturity and unconditional love for people he is responsible for no matter how they hurt him. It is a good place for his mom to heal and understand more about her son. She should be very proud to have him. He is so much more than just her son. He is truly a top star yoobaek, even better. :)

I think Mom and Son need Quality time to get to know each other like they never got in the past. At first just the three of them getting acquainted. She can visit the island with them and see if it’s for her. Not everyone heals the same way.

Grandma has lived her whole life, her friends are there on that island and won’t want to uproot  herself now. Even a trip to Seoul might be too much for her. They will to visit her I believe.

7 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I think Mom and Son need Quality time to get to know each other like they never got in the past. At first just the three of them getting acquainted. She can visit the island with them and see if it’s for her. Not everyone heals the same way.

Grandma has lived her whole life, her friends are there on that island and won’t want to uproot  herself now. Even a trip to Seoul might be too much for her. They will to visit her I believe.

Yoobaek can buy a boat or helicopter to shuttle between the city and the island. That island has charms yoobaek loves but he has to make a living and kangsoon has to study. His mom will need to stay away from the public. To ease kangsoon’s worries, he can ask his mom to come to look after grandmother while kangsoon pursue her studies while yoobaek makes a living. Yoobaek will never leave his mother in bad condition. Earlier time, he didn’t have a solution when kangsoon broke his heart. But now he has kangsoon. His mom needs to stop feeling ashamed. Yoobaek already forgive her but he will not allow her to live in that kind of condition. After revealing the truth, his mom won’t be able to find jobs and being scorned in public. Yoobaek will tell his mom that he worries about her all the time. It aches him so much when people found out about his mom. He is even more hurt when she decided to tell the truth to save him. But he will tell her his love for kangsoon and wants to be with her. But someone needs to look after her grandmother. He will tell his mom that her grandmother saved him and helped him to heal and forgive. It is a favor he could ask for in return. Actually, island life is so much better that her condition in the city. His mom will grow to love the city and people as well. 

I think in the preview, kangsoon was crying maybe because yoobaek has to go back to the city to make living and settle the matters. I believe yoobaek already let her stay with grandma and he will go back and forth. I think she couldn’t bear not to see him for several days. His mom is best answer to keep them together. 

Boy I have not been able to concentrate at work all day. 1. I really need to see the translations from today. There were so many scenes I was dying to know what was being said! 2. I cannot hardly find any clips on IG. I really need to see this kiss again. 3. It needs to be Friday! Oh wait, it's still Friday here. It needs to be next Friday! Anyways, I am not sure what will consume my mind after this show is over. I must be a very boring person hahaha. 

Edit: Ask and you shall receive. Lol. Thanks @stroppyse perfect timing to ease my needs!!

I fell asleep just waiting for someone to upload the ig clip of the kiss , lol!!

Ehhhh the sunlight is blinding my eyes :lol:. I need them to zoom in.

Thanks @stroppyse for the translations. Too bad the naver vid is blocked in my region

If someone finds a better vid , pls tag me ..going  back to sleep now

More from the wrap up party . This is the young MD’s IG

29 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, in the end, it was MD who loved KS enough to let her go so that she can be with the person she loves. My heart just totally broke for MD in this scene. I can understand him wanting to be with the girl that he had loved his whole life and had assumed would be his some day. It can't be easy for him to let it go like that. My only hope is that along with the love he felt for her, that it had also become something comfortable more than it was undying passion, so that he could perhaps meet a woman who fills him with undying passion so that he can love again with no regrets. He's proven himself to be such a good man, really.

Aww, thanks for posting that. That warms my heart.

Ma-Dol was a good guy. (I even thought he was going to be the one! I was wrong. :D)

Hey y'all! I just watched ep. 9 today without the English subtitles. It was so emotional and intense. I'm very proud of MaDol for being noble by letting Kang Soon go. He realized and understood now that she loves Yoo Baek. To be honest, I was team MaDol at first because of his history with Kang Soon being friends since childhood. Sometimes we don't date or marry our childhood friend or sweetheart. I didn't like Yoo Baek before because he was an arrogant, rude son of a gun. As Yoo Baek changed for the better, he started to grow on me. Kang Soon is definitely Godsent in Yoo Baek's life. She saw goodness in him and encouraged him to become a remarkable gentleman. She taught him love, humility, and compassion. I hope that YB and his mother will reconcile and spend more time together. He only has one mother. I still like MaDol, but he is better off keeping his friendship with Kang Soon and be with someone else who will love him for who he is. The only thing that I don't like about this show is that it only has 11 episodes and the time slot is bad.

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Despite the fact that some people can't see the naver videos, I'm posting a link to the pertinent naver video anyway. This is the scene of MD letting KS go.

https://tv.naver.com/v/5029508/list/295262

MD: Oppa is going to stop now. (takes the ring off KS’s finger)
KS: O- Oppa!
MD: It’s become so hard that I can’t do it any more. Even when I’m with you, I keep feeling anxious and small. Because it’s such an unbecoming thing I was doing. Actually, Choi Ma Dol is an utterly amazing man.
KS: No. Oppa is an extremely precious person to me, so after enough time passes, those kinds of feelings will probably come and I’ll be able to do well. It’ll be like that.
MD: Some guy said this: that where love is concerned, it’s not time that’s the issue. Now that I think about it…I think those words are right. But, that guy, I saw him here earlier this afternoon. Whether he had misunderstood that we had gotten married, he turned as white as a dried squid and left. Whether he went to Seoul or whether he just completely jumped into the sea, I’m not sure, but I left him alone with his misunderstanding. The way I despise him, I can have that much revenge at least. Oppa can. Can’t I? (KS cries and nods) Ugly One, stop crying now and get going. Before that guy flips a lid. (KS just cries) Oppa will take responsibility for the fall out. Oh, that’s regretful (me: I’m not sure I quite catch what he’s saying here. I’ll have to go to another source to be sure, but it seems that he’s regretting the festivities that they would have had). (gets up and leaves)
KS: I’m sorry, oppa. I’m sorry, oppa. (still crying)

So, in the end, it was MD who loved KS enough to let her go so that she can be with the person she loves. My heart just totally broke for MD in this scene. I can understand him wanting to be with the girl that he had loved his whole life and had assumed would be his some day. It can't be easy for him to let it go like that. My only hope is that along with the love he felt for her, that it had also become something comfortable more than it was undying passion, so that he could perhaps meet a woman who fills him with undying passion so that he can love again with no regrets. He's proven himself to be such a good man, really.

The thing is that, Madol grew up to see marriage the binds together with responsibility and it will eventually grow to love over time. It is a very small town and you don’t have too many options. He is a very old style village bumpkin like kangsoon. Usually men choose first and women accepts it or not. Madol knows kangsoon wanted to marry him. He tried to control the situation to make a plan to make kangsoon fall in love with him whatever she said.  His immaturity made rash decision to make kangsoon will not have exposure to other guys by controlling the situation. He is like manipulating kangsoon’s love life. 

The thing is that, madol is a perfect gentleman and love, I am not worried about him finding love again after he left kangsoon.

He should be the one to take the ring out. The dream of kangsoon returning it to him is asking him to man up and try to pay attention. It is better for him to do that. It will give him a closure and he already know kangsoon still choose him and stay with him. He knows and saw she didn’t consider her feelings to be with him. He knew kangsoon loves and cherished him. She is willing to love him no matter what. 

I think madol was bitten by truth about yoobaek effect from namjoo. He pulled out the ring for many reasons. He needs to let kangsoon to consider her feelings first before she accept his proposal again. She was so confused and so sad. She needs to settle matters with yoobaek who misunderstood the situation. If something happened to yoobaek with misunderstanding, it will destroy kangsoon. She will never be the same. He knew yoobaek is very part of her. She did something very hurtful to yoobaek to accept madol’s love. It also shows that he accepts yoobaek. He took off the ring so she can resolve the situation and consider her feelings. She cannot stay engaged to madol for loyalty. Madol saw yoobaek and saw his pained expression. Madol accepted the fact that yoobaek truly loves kangsoon. He knows letting kangsoon go will make her realize how Madol cares about her and her happiness more. Kangsoon May come back to madol if she resolve with yoobaek. But madol knows from what kind of person yoobaek is, he is willing to let go and accept she will never come back. Yoobaek is actually a good man madol would respect and become close friend if it weren’t for falling in love with kangsoon getting in the way. 

madol is a handsome guy. he knows many girls like him. Even one confessed her love to him. He will go through painful journey but he has his parents and village to help him. He is very loved. He will get through it and will find love- true love. He is still perfect gentleman, even better with wisdom and maturity. He will be okay. He just need to experience pain for a while to make fruit taste more sweet when he finds someone. Fate has something better in store just for him. I am sure madol will be okay. His father will take care of him and help him. He also felt blessed to have a good family. 

For those who are in team madol, he is a wonderful gentleman. He is even so much better when he decided to deal with the situation before it is too late. He started to grow up little more. It is already too late to have more chances. Madol is even better than he ever was. And there is someone who loves him unconditionally. Let’s hope madol feel the same way one day. I am sure he will one day experience happiness being in love and getting it return ten times more. He deserves it. 

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Despite the fact that some people can't see the naver videos, I'm posting a link to the pertinent naver video anyway. This is the scene of MD letting KS go.

https://tv.naver.com/v/5029508/list/295262

MD: Oppa is going to stop now. (takes the ring off KS’s finger)
KS: O- Oppa!
MD: It’s become so hard that I can’t do it any more. Even when I’m with you, I keep feeling anxious and small. Because it’s such an unbecoming thing I was doing. Actually, Choi Ma Dol is an utterly amazing man.
KS: No. Oppa is an extremely precious person to me, so after enough time passes, those kinds of feelings will probably come and I’ll be able to do well. It’ll be like that.
MD: Some guy said this: that where love is concerned, it’s not time that’s the issue. Now that I think about it…I think those words are right. But, that guy, I saw him here earlier this afternoon. Whether he had misunderstood that we had gotten married, he turned as white as a dried squid and left. Whether he went to Seoul or whether he just completely jumped into the sea, I’m not sure, but I left him alone with his misunderstanding. The way I despise him, I can have that much revenge at least. Oppa can. Can’t I? (KS cries and nods) Ugly One, stop crying now and get going. Before that guy flips a lid. (KS just cries) Oppa will take responsibility for the fall out. Oh, that’s regretful (me: I’m not sure I quite catch what he’s saying here. I’ll have to go to another source to be sure, but it seems that he’s regretting the festivities that they would have had). (gets up and leaves)
KS: I’m sorry, oppa. I’m sorry, oppa. (still crying)

My heart breaks for MD. If KS doesn’t want you, you can come to meee :wub: 

Archived