Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

14 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

There might not be time for many, but I’m hoping for at least two GOOD kisses. You all know what I mean by GOOD. :wub:

I know right! Maybe I was expecting too much, bec the moment I knew KJS and JSM were the main leads, I know we are in for a good treat, aka hot kisses and bed scenes. Lol also my standard for kissing scenes rose up ever since I watched 1%of something. 

Idk if we will even get one kiss this upcoming ep. Looks so awfully angsty. Poor yoo baek

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@triplem, translation for the written preview.

https://imgur.com/J4HEFUL

After parting with Kang Soo, even having his family issues revealed to the world, thus having a hard time of it, Yoo Baek.
Kang Soon hears about Yoo Baek’s painful past from Nam Jo who has come to Yeojook Island, and her heart hurts too much.
Meanwhile, Ma Dol starts to become frightened with is worry that Kang Soon’s heart may waver…

Thanks so much @stroppyse.  I know you have to translate for so many threads. Much appreciated. Urghh more angst ...whatever happened to my rom-com? :astonished:

38 minutes ago, heyyoooo said:

Can someone translate the bts juseeyoooo. Hehehe. I heard ji seok mentioning 'jin jung suk' which is ha seok jin's character in drinking solo. Or is it just my delusional mind? I still ship them so haaard up to this day. Maybe ji seok will replace seok jin if tvn provided us with some good kissing scenes. Lol. 

Let's ask @stroppyse.  Stroppyse, did KJS mention that? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@heyyoooo @triplem, no, he doesn't mention Jin Jung Suk. In the middle of the clip, YB says that he wants to try to convey true sincerity with his lines. "Sincerity" in this case is "jin jung sung" in Korean. If I get a chance later, I'll try to post a translation of the BTS. It is cute, and the BTS is happy, even if the drama is in an angsty place right now. :)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@heyyoooo @triplem, no, he doesn't mention Jin Jung Suk. In the middle of the clip, YB says that he wants to try to convey true sincerity with his lines. "Sincerity" in this case is "jin jung sung" in Korean. If I get a chance later, I'll try to post a translation of the BTS. It is cute, and the BTS is happy, even if the drama is in an angsty place right now. :)  

Gosh i seriously need to get over my ship. In my mind there is an ongoing ship battle bet KJSXJSM, HSJXJSM LOOLOLOL

@stroppyse thank you dear for all of your translations. You are heaven sent. Haha

@triplem sorry cant help it, our girl is just to adorable and shippable

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

It was so nice of namjoo to do it oh yoobaek’s behalf. Or there are a lot of things he needs to do to be forgiven again. Hehe. He did a lot of crazy things when yoobaek was away. He did give good advice. And yoobaek really follow it every single thing. The last part with begging kind of works on kangsoon who is not used to confusion especially with love. Yoobaek was amazing there. His declaration of love is still fluttering as his courtships and confession. 

• Like 7

Here is a translation of the BTS that @triplem had posted earlier.

Video Title: Top Star Yoo Baek, - BTS Making-
KS: Hello. Hello.
caption: Greeting the singer Jeon Young Rok who is making a special appearance, Kkang Soon
KS: It’s such an honor.
KS: My last name is Jeon as well.
JYR: That’s why I’m watching~  (me: meaning he’s watching the drama because they share their last name. LOL)

caption: Greeting the singer Jeon Young Rok who is making a special appearance, Yoo Baek
YB: Thank you
JYR: I’ve been enjoying watching it.
YB: It’s such an honor, sunbae-nim.
JYR: I had thought of that in the past~
JYR: With some special friends back in the agency.
JYR: That they should be sent to an island, we had spoken about that amongst ourselves.
YB: Oh really?
JYR: We really did.
YB: Daemo Island is very cold.

JYR: Jeon So Min-sshi, you look pretty in real life~~!
KS: Ah!! Thank you.
JYR: You are very attractive and pretty~
YB: You must really be happy…
KS: That’s right.
YB: The song is so good. ><
YB: Woooww!!!
KS caption: cla-ap clap clap!!

caption: Having received the singer Jeon Young Rok’s autograph and being happy about it, SoonBaek Couple.
YB: You are handsome, sunbae-nim.
KS: I received 2 copies: 1 Kang Soon version and 1 Jeon So Min version.
YB: He’s released (a new album) after 30 years.
YB: He’s released a hot new album in 30 years.
KS: Fighting!

caption: Singer Jeon Young Rok who has made a special appearance, thank you!!

(title card)

caption: With a Christmas themed background, shooting in a restaurant, the SoonBaek Couple.
caption: Talking after reading a word in the script, SoonBaek Couple
KS: “Glancing glancing” keeps bothering me.
KS: This word. So,
KS: This word bothers me too much.
YJ: That’s right. The “forcefulness” is bothering me.
KS: This is more attractive, oppa. ><
YJ: This!?
KS: No no~
KS: The other one before. Just -
YB: I want to do it with sincerity.
KS: Yes, that looks better. Then I can, if you don’t do that, go “Oh, you’re just giving yourself airs~ Just because you think you’re all that~” like that.
KS:  I think the director is giving oppa this red suit
KS: and a snowman’s red hat like that.
YB: No, what? (turns around to look at the lit up snowman. LOL)
KS: Isn’t that right?
YB: Oh, it’s because it’s Christmas.
YB: I guess we’ll be shooting even if it’s Christmas? (cry cry)
YB: If it’s for the sake of the viewers’ love. (meaning it's okay then)
YB: Oh my~ Twinkle twinkle~
YB: Sparkle sparkle~
(me: The difference between “twinkle twinkle” and “sparkle sparkle” in Korean is only one vowel sound.)
KS: “Twinkle twinkle” is funnier!
YB: I like “twinkle twinkle” better!
caption: Finding “twinkle twinkle” too funny, Yoo Baek.
YB: Twinkle twinkle~~!
KS: Twinkle twinkle~~!
(me: I think they’re making motions similar to the motions from the children’s song “Twinkle, twinkle little star”)

YB: How was my scene emotion earlier?
KS: It was fine~
YB: It was good?
KS: Yes!
caption: Confessing again with sincerity to Kkang Soon, Yoo Baek.
YB: Oh Kang Soon
YB: I like you..
YB: You?

(title card)
KS caption: Everything’s fine
caption: Wearing the ring that Ma Dol gave her and showing it off to the camera, Kkang Soon.
caption: Ma Dol enters (the scene)
MD: Kkang Soon, hello!?
Director: Cut. We’ll do it one more time.
MD: Pwah ha~!~ (me: sound of MD laughing)
MD: I’m going to really go crazy~!
caption: Fluttering warning
MD: I should really just “hwak”~ (me: the “hwak” implies swooping in)
MD: kiss you.
MD: Now, I’m just going to pursue you like this.
caption: Giving Kkang Soon the ring and proposing, Ma Dol.
MD: Let’s get married.

(title card)

MD: Haaaa~~
MD: Huuuu~~
KS: Oppa!?
MD: Kkang Soon..
caption: Having received confessions from Yoo Baek and Ma Dol, her decision is..?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

Thanks loads @stroppyse

Hi @Christina Leong . Welcome to soompi & to the thread. NJ in spite of his jealousy of YB’s success, admires the latter and has shown to be  a true friend ( possibly the only friend our Mr Unicorn has ) . I liked how YB broke down all walls and laid bare his heart , so it was terribly heartbreaking to see KS walk away. I understand her confusion but the onus is really on her to go to YB this time . 

@angelangie Yay, good to see you here. 

———

i think there should be a new ost out this Friday 

By this singer

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have some catching up to do since I am starting today but thankful that @triplem gave a shout out that it was good and that's enough for me...  Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts...

333740_pc.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsZoXL-QcgoT4hL4F3TCb:tounge_wink:  So far...  So good...

2 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I have some catching up to do since I am starting today but thankful that @triplem gave a shout out that it was good and that's enough for me...  Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts...

So far...  So good...

well i enjoy the first episode.....so i will probably stick to it :D 

i love best when YooBaek was taking a bath and Halmoni just walk in on him :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

We got another BTS clip. I really like how much they seem to be enjoying filming, and they seem close. Well JSM and LSY is a given, since they were on a variety show together, but it was still nice to see. They're all dorks offscreen but then once the camera is on do a 180. Love it.

Also this one lol. Based on their outfits, it always amused me that KJS and JSM were acting cute offcam here when they were all emotional and crying during the ep. Such talented dorks :D

• Like 6

rA3FaZ6.pngac1d0cf72836a207d73dd595e26c69795e9c833e  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvvFgWjmwP_cv934xNpC1   Episode 1 was simply amazing!!! 

Dang I never laughed so hard just what I needed and lucky me there is more.... 

For once its nice to be behind LOL:heart: to everyone...

Thankful @angelangie will be keeping me company and hoping we both catch up..

35 minutes ago, triplem said:

@USAFarmgirl So glad you are enjoying this . More abs scenes in store! :D 

——

let’s enjoy more of KJS lovely physique 

Ooohhhhh very nice!!! :love: but I would trade abs for good kisses. I'm not greedy. :grimace: I laughed so hard when KJS leaned on the shower door and it opened and he almost fell. Thank goodness for these little tidbits @triplem! You're keeping me sane!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCEBKQ6thzo8BNQ8gAbAjimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOLJ_oHB70htyNAmg3Pws

Whether laughter or tears. 

This drama gives new meaning to what one sees at first isn't all there is.

Or what is missed at first until he opens his eyes through his heart and sees what real beauty is.

But it works both ways for she is seeing him in a different light too just a little slower...

I love how this writer, actors and PD slowly and simply give us fluttering and moving moments among the push & pull and fast paced way in which they speak to one another.   Whether sharing a song or without thought falling asleep, or watching her waving down below from the sea.  Or him watching her while she is vulnerable and still asleep or something as common as hanging up the clothes. It wasn't just that he was watching they drew us in so close we were seeing it from his point of view.  Somehow expressing the beauty in watching someone quietly without their knowing and how beautiful that can be...

38 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Whether laughter or tears. 

This drama gives new meaning to what one sees at first isn't all there is.

Or what is missed at first until he opens his eyes through his heart and sees what real beauty is.

But it works both ways for she is seeing him in a different light too just a little slower...

I love how this writer, actors and PD slowly and simply give us fluttering and moving moments among the push & pull and fast paced way in which they speak to one another.   Whether sharing a song or without thought falling asleep, or watching her waving down below from the sea.  Or him watching her while she is vulnerable and still asleep or something as common as hanging up the clothes. It wasn't just that he was watching they drew us in so close we were seeing it from his point of view.  Somehow expressing the beauty in watching someone quietly without their knowing and how beautiful that can be...

Yes! I love all the watching going on, especially from YB. I don't think he has ever noticed and watched anyone else other than himself until he went to the island. Even back in Seoul, he doesn't watch dramas and movies with other actors; he watches his own. For a long time, he has been immersed in himself, trying hard to survive each day in the very difficult life as a celebrity, so he has not had the time or made it a habit to take notice of other people. But on the island, with nothing much to occupy him, and without the distraction of the Internet and social media, he has started opening his eyes, mind and heart to beauty of a different kind. He has seen for himself the kind of life that the islanders lead, and I dare say that it appeals to him, away from the harshness of the city where he came from. He has suffered, trying to climb to the very top of his career, even if it was to spite his mother, so much so that he suffers from extreme insomnia. The island makes him feel peaceful, he sleeps better with KS beside him / comforting him (why do I find that so sweet that my heart is melting?) and he knows it. I don't think the rooftop scene in Ep 8 (shall not say what happened here since not everyone has watched it or read recaps) was impulse on YB's part. He didn't just blurt it out out of desperation. I think he has really thought about it, and he is open to the idea. I'm interested to see if YB is able to live up to what he "promised" KS.

And my favourite "watching", from YB's point of view:

Image result for top star yoo baek gifs

My favourite "watching", from the audience's point of view:

Image result for top star yoo baek gifs

PS/ @USAFarmgirl do you watch the eps with English subs? Do you have a site with decent ones? Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

So our Korean counterparts on the drama DC site found photos of today's(?) shooting.

Spoiler

lDxvUYJ.jpg

That's JSM in the centre in blue, and I assume that's KJS next to her? The height seems about right.

Apparently they're shooting at a university, so I reckon they're going to have Kangsoon's continue her studies. I've been looking forward them tying together this section of the story, showing us that Yoobaek is every bit a gift to her as she is to him. He brings her out of the island, out of her safe enclave and lets her explore new opportunities. Quick give me my beautiful OTP this Friday :tears:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Silent lurker!!!!!!! But keeping up with all the episodes-(minus) the last angst one.  while, while, while I want both abs +(plus) kisses, both............ :tounge_wink::tounge_wink:, am I greedy...????!!!!!!!!! Fighting!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3