[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Hello fellow Yoo-Baek fans! Happy 2019 to all!

After a few weeks break from Yoo-Baek, I'm finally all caught up and...

I just get this feeling that Yoo-Baek is not the endgame.

I'm sorry to be a contrarian, but I just feel like Ma-Dol is a really strong contender. The steady one.

Yoo-Baek and Kkang-Soon are infatuated with each other, but her infatuation is what will help her realize that Ma-Dol is a man and not an older brother anymore. And Yoo-Baek will have a renewed attitude towards his work, a more appreciative attitude towards life, and heal his relationship with his mother.

This isn't what I want, but this is what I just think will happen.

I don't know. I just... get this feeling.

Yoobaek has done it all. He didn’t need to change his attitude. He had already changed a lot. His mother’s issue Is not for him to do. It is his mom. Yoobaek has a very pure soul. Very good soul. He is so much bigger than he ever is. I am not comparing him with madol or say he is better. Kangsoon is infatuated with yoobaek but she thought he is very immature while madol seems to be more mature and a gentleman. Kangsoon didnnt know that the most precious things are stored for her happiness are in yoobaek. She just have to know the truth about real yoobaek. He was torn apart and trampled in the past. He almost died from poisoning from trusted fans. People were jealous of him. Kangsoon hurt him so many times breaking his heart and asking him to leave without knowing his painful past that contributed his character. Madol needs to grow up. He needs to man up. He has loved kangsoon for so long. He will let her go if he knew the truth about yoobaek. It is more of letting her go to a right person. So he could be at peace. And start painful journey to find true love and getting over with kangsoon. I know madol will be fine. He is loved and many women are similar to kangsoon like him. He needs to choose someone who he can love and have someone to love him back. Yoobaek’s long painful journey has finally ended if kangsoon chose him. I hope to see them kiss so badly. We have been patient. Now tantrums! Haha 

47 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Hello fellow Yoo-Baek fans! Happy 2019 to all!

After a few weeks break from Yoo-Baek, I'm finally all caught up and...

I just get this feeling that Yoo-Baek is not the endgame.

I'm sorry to be a contrarian, but I just feel like Ma-Dol is a really strong contender. The steady one.

Yoo-Baek and Kkang-Soon are infatuated with each other, but her infatuation is what will help her realize that Ma-Dol is a man and not an older brother anymore. And Yoo-Baek will have a renewed attitude towards his work, a more appreciative attitude towards life, and heal his relationship with his mother.

This isn't what I want, but this is what I just think will happen.

I don't know. I just... get this feeling.

I wanted to add that even though she will start to see madol as a man and falling in love with him. Kangsoon is very attracted to pure soul and pure love. Madol embodies that and has always have been. And she does not see that in yoobaek. It was too vague and covered with so many thorns and secret. She knows he is a good soul but very conflicted by his immature mannerism early on. I think when kangsoon learned the truth, it will help her to make decision. 

29 minutes ago, Christina Leong said:

Yoobaek has done it all. He didn’t need to change his attitude. He had already changed a lot. His mother’s issue Is not for him to do. It is his mom. Yoobaek has a very pure soul. Very good soul. He is so much bigger than he ever is. I am not comparing him with madol or say he is better. Kangsoon is infatuated with yoobaek but she thought he is very immature while madol seems to be more mature and a gentleman. Kangsoon didnnt know that the most precious things are stored for her happiness are in yoobaek. She just have to know the truth about real yoobaek. He was torn apart and trampled in the past. He almost died from poisoning from trusted fans. People were jealous of him. Kangsoon hurt him so many times breaking his heart and asking him to leave without knowing his painful past that contributed his character. Madol needs to grow up. He needs to man up. He has loved kangsoon for so long. He will let her go if he knew the truth about yoobaek. It is more of letting her go to a right person. So he could be at peace. And start painful journey to find true love and getting over with kangsoon. I know madol will be fine. He is loved and many women are similar to kangsoon like him. He needs to choose someone who he can love and have someone to love him back. Yoobaek’s long painful journey has finally ended if kangsoon chose him. I hope to see them kiss so badly. We have been patient. Now tantrums! Haha 

I wanted to add that even though she will start to see madol as a man and falling in love with him. Kangsoon is very attracted to pure soul and pure love. Madol embodies that and has always have been. And she does not see that in yoobaek. It was too vague and covered with so many thorns and secret. She knows he is a good soul but very conflicted by his immature mannerism early on. I think when kangsoon learned the truth, it will help her to make decision. 

When yoobaek gets heartbroken or got hurt, his tough exterior will put up again. Kangsoon just rejected him so badly before she knew the truth. He may reevaluate his actions but kangsoon’s rejection left him in pain. He may go back to square one. That is why Namjoo and the CEO decided to tell kangsoon for one last time to heal yoobaek whether she chooses to be with him or not. She didn’t help with closure or let him to let her go. Just flatly rejected and hurt him without knowing that she made it worse. It may not help yoobaek to move on. He would be even more terrible. 

I think kangsoon’s rejection is not right. She did it terribly without knowing that she made it worse. It is her turn to fix the problem. She made a mistake. It is not because of she didn’t choose him. She hurt him badly that she made it worse on yoobaek. She has to come back to help to bring closure to yoobaek if she still choose madol. Yoobaek is already a pure soul but after hurtful rejection by kangsoon without respect and closure, it is far more damaging. He understood her reason for rejection. But she told him to leave like that, that was like throwing him away. Throwing away the love he gave her instead of any gratitude or hesitation. She knew madol and history with madol. She will try to reject madol kindly if she choose yoobaek. The way she rejected yoobaek was too cruel. I don’t think yoobaek need to change. He just need to accept the pain instead of putting walls back on and become his arrogant self again. The reconciliation has to be his mom’s doing this time. He has so give out so much and still got trampled on with thankless parting. His mom pushed him out. Kangsoon pushes him out. Kangsoon didn’t know how cruel she did to him. She didn’t know him well but she could have done it with more consideration. 

15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Why do you all think that YB is the one who will initiate the next kiss?

I'm gonna go with KS be the one to initiate the kiss!!

Go OKS!! Claim your Top Star!! :D

I think kangsoon should be the one because yoobaek is still terrified of being hit again. 

Lol at JSM's attempt to hide her whole getup in her thank you post to fans for their coffeetruck. She has Yoobaek's bracelet on, so I shall endeavour to deal with whatever weird scene this is as long as Kangsoon and Yoobaek are endgame :P

52 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Why do you all think that YB is the one who will initiate the next kiss?

I'm gonna go with KS be the one to initiate the kiss!!

Go OKS!! Claim your Top Star!! :D

I would most definitely like that ! 

Yup @tibba , that’s most definitely YB’s bracelet :D

it’s going to be one of those funny scenes to wrap things up since today is final day of filming. It must pay tribute to its original genre which is rom-com :lol:

The most important part of drama is the truth about real yoobaek. He is fated to have terrible things to happen to him. The fate knew his true self. No matter how terrible things happened him for being poisoned, early death of his father, his mom and step father’s betrayal, becoming superstar with stress and sleepless nights. Of all these happened to him, he still have a giving heart. He gave his mom a house and living to provide. He strict code of privacy is also the reason to protect his mom. If the public know early about his mom, they would ostracize her or cause her to lose investments using yoobaek’s name. He remained being thankless for what he had done for her. He became alone and raised himself. That is a tough journey of yoobaek. Now fast forward to kangsoon’s rejection. Her rejection was quite cruel but she didn’t know what really happened to yoobaek. She should have break it off with consideration. She asked him to leave. He showered her with affection, love, and begging for her. Yoobaek is a very tragic soul. Very very misunderstood from left to right, top to bottom. CEO and Namjoo took forever to realize it. That is why, yoobaek is a very one of a kind, and the kindest and purest soul I came across. The strict privacy is to protect his mom’s image. The manager had no idea at all until his mom hit the rough end. The reporter led the CEO to his mom. She told him the truth. If kangsoon know the truth about yoobaek, it is not only realizing how she hurt him. She will realize how much yoobaek truly loves her. She will be shocked to know the impossible number to decribe his love for her that he could make the stars burst in the air, and flowers to bloom in the winter. He gave her his most precious bracelet.  How he is willing to give up every blood and sweat he had given for his job as an actor and breadwinner just to marry kangsoon. She was his happiness and the air he could breathe. Fate also will reveal his mom’s misdeeds for kangsoon to understand him. He came back to the island second time with broken heart when she gave back the bracelet. He was doing anything to be with her. His love for her runs vast as ocean. This is a tremendous love. She was worth every sacrifice to him. And he has a very precious gift for her waiting inside him for her. He is a gift to kangsoon. Fate brought them pain but it also brought them together with a very special gift: true love. 

22 minutes ago, triplem said:

YB dealing with his mother’s issue ?

This was from the previous episode I think, when Reporter Han was telling his junior about why he is out for YB’s blood. I think the IG owner is posting about the leather jacket that YB wore in that scene. It’s sexy on him. :kiss_wink:

I was wondering what the curly haired, Grandma pants wearing KS could be about. Maybe YB imagining how KS would be like in the future? Although she completed her university education and probably shuttles between Seoul and the island, she’s still a soup restuarant ahjumma at heart. But no matter what, YB still loves her as much. :lol:

From our lovely DC friends. So KJS was there too. He is so fine :wub:

HVVtw6z.jpg

Namjo was also filming today. 

Are Yoobaek and Namjo supposed to be filming a drama/movie together? Maybe Kangsoon goes there to check up on her man, lest he frolics around with actresses ala that scene she watched on Ninja Again :lol: I think that lady with KJS might be an actress Yoobaek acts with? Lol. 

Yes I could totally see YB filming and KS rolling up like that with lunch for him maybe just to embarrass him. Hehe. Whatever it is, I am sure it will be cute and funny.

Also, there is no way YB and KS are not the endgame. Dunno how anyone could think she'll still end up with MD. There is no romantic interest there, and let us not forget how miserable she was on their one and only date.

I'm so excited for tomorrow, I can hardly contain it! 

Edit: hrmmm just noticed something. In the vid she is crying in the hanbok at night. Then when YB goes to her, it appears to be sunset. So she is wearing it almost 2 days straight? :huh: I'm confused. But I don't think she would go and meet him and then go back to the island. That wouldn't make sense. Stop making me question everything, this show!

@turtlegirl Kangsoon isn't wearing the ring when she's crying in the hanbok. So maybe she broke off the engagement, cried the night away lol, and then made up her mind to go look for Yoobaek. I'm assuming the event was held near the island and that's still some distance from Yoobaek in Seoul,  so she still had to get someone to drive her there. Dongchoon maybe? Something prompted Yoobaek to turn back when he was driving, perhaps he got a phone call from Dongchoon, hence he went in search of Kangsoon? Lol I don't know I'm just throwing out random theories. I'm confused because from previews and stills it kind of seems like Yoobaek also attended the same event? The vow renewal/engagement thing. Well we'll find out tomorrow but they'd better not be meeting in the last five minutes of the ep or I'll be mad again :joy:

@tibba yes you're right ! I forgot it took them all night to get to Seoul last time. Thank you for the reminder! I'm guessing NJ drives her, but who knows. 

I am worried they will meet in the last five minutes, only cuz in the preview, YB's outfit changes several times! Seems like several days pass then...

1 hour ago, turtlegirl said:

@tibba yes you're right ! I forgot it took them all night to get to Seoul last time. Thank you for the reminder! I'm guessing NJ drives her, but who knows. 

I am worried they will meet in the last five minutes, only cuz in the preview, YB's outfit changes several times! Seems like several days pass then...

Darn it, you are right, he changed so much. I wonder how many jackets he has in the closet!!! That is a lot of jackets for whole 9 episodes. 

Driving from island to Seoul takes a long time-- yoobaek left the island to Seoul with kangsoon before at night and arrived in the morning. CEO drove Yoobaek to the hospital where grandma was admitted took 5 hours. Wedding party may take place in other island where kangsoon madol went on a date. Probably take 5 to 8 hours. So it makes sense that kangsoon left with Namjoo to Seoul in hanbok on following day. 

However, it makes sense Yoobaek changed clothes several times. But that is already a lot of jackets. haha. He looks really cool in all of it! 

I think Kangsoon finally made decision after Namjoo told her the truth. I think DC and Namjoo weren't planning to convince Kangsoon to choose Yoobaek. It is more of talking Yoobaek out of his misery even though she still choose madol. And reject him properly with understanding and at least know the truth. DC and Namjoo knew everyone misunderstood Yoobaek including Kangsoon. They didn't realise that the truth helps Kangsoon make her decision and will never regret it. 

I think I was too harsh on Kangsoon's rejection towards Yoobaek. Yoobaek's confession and declaration confused her. She thought he was playing her heart. That is why she thought so badly of Yoobaek confusing her feelings. She will never ever dreamed of hurting Madol and his feelings. It was a beautiful confession and proposal. Yoobaek is still a stranger to her even though she has feelings for him. 

It will make MORE sense to her if she knows the truth about Yoobaek before his declaration of love and all kinds of sweet moments. 

That is why Madol is very careful with his proposal and confession, however it has its cons, which will be missed opportunities. Yoobaek did a lot of crazy things leading to many rejections. He doesn't give it up. And still mess it up and try it again. The cons, it confused Kangsoon even more if Yoobaek kept on changing back and forth being sweet and salty. It is also shows big cultural clash. Yoobaek had to find excuse to come back to the island after being rejected too harshly and unfairly. It wasn't  his fault. Kangsoon's emotions got in the way of lashing out Yoobaek easily. It also shows the reversal role of Kangsoon and Yoobaek. She became too cold and rash sometimes. She could not hide her feelings towards Madol when she was thinking of Yoobaek. 

I think Namjoo heard from DC that he has to go to island for his parents wedding renewal and engagement party for Madol and Kangsoon. It probably dawn on Namjoo the reason Yoobaek is busy destroying himself out somewhere in Seoul. Namjoo told DC that Kangsoon needs to learn the truth about Yoobaek. He is not there to convince kangsoon to choose Yoobaek. Just to pull him out of misery and properly reject him with consideration, and at least know the truth. I think DC agreed but ask Namjoo to talk to Kangsoon after the party. They didn't realise that the truth will help kangsoon secure her decision and will never regret it. She cried because she is making decision that will make someone she loves very sad.  She tells the guys to bring her Seoul and meet Yoobaek there. 

Namjoo or DC called Yoobaek that Kangsoon is waiting for him at the location that is important or special to him. 

Yoobaek found Kangsoon with disbelief. I think he was more than terrified to hear what she had to say. He probably know Namjoo told the truth about him. Kangsoon would come to apologise and reject him properly. 

I think the truth is most important and last puzzle that will secure the fate to bind them together forever. She realised that Yoobaek wasn't messing her around. It is just she didn't know him well. 

I leave the rest to your imagination. =) 

I felt that Kangsoon should be the one to initiate the kiss. I think Yoobaek will try to kiss first but pulled back. I guess she will pull him towards her and kiss him. I doubt she would do that because she is not used to it. Yoobaek was her first kiss and it ended badly or weird. 

3 hours ago, tibba said:

@turtlegirl Kangsoon isn't wearing the ring when she's crying in the hanbok. So maybe she broke off the engagement, cried the night away lol, and then made up her mind to go look for Yoobaek. I'm assuming the event was held near the island and that's still some distance from Yoobaek in Seoul,  so she still had to get someone to drive her there. Dongchoon maybe? Something prompted Yoobaek to turn back when he was driving, perhaps he got a phone call from Dongchoon, hence he went in search of Kangsoon? Lol I don't know I'm just throwing out random theories. I'm confused because from previews and stills it kind of seems like Yoobaek also attended the same event? The vow renewal/engagement thing. Well we'll find out tomorrow but they'd better not be meeting in the last five minutes of the ep or I'll be mad again :joy:

One of the thread said Namjoo decided to tell Kangsoon the truth about Yoobaek. Logically, we saw Namjoo in wedding party in the island in BTS pictures. He probably went there and told the truth about Yoobaek after the party. 

I don't think Yoobaek attended the party. He is probably still in Seoul. 

The preview timeline is probably not in correct order. Sometimes it feels like a bait to confuse the viewers to make a twist. 

I really hope Kangsoon did not meet Yoobaek first before the party. It won't make sense when she was obviously mopping around with Madol. 

My theory: 

Yoobaek left the island. 

He cries everywhere: at the beach, in the car, at the bridge... 

Madol looks over her wearing diver's uniform. Kangsoon looked pensively at the sea towards Seoul with sadness. She wonder if she consider her feelings, what it will be like.

Kangsoon wearing pink hoodie told Madol that she has something for him. 

She called Yoobaek on the phone. Yoobaek can tell it is her. 

Yoobaek got hanged up and he went to pool to think of kangsoon in the sea thinking about her parents hugging her. 

Kangsoon went to the shore and cried at night

Madol in his room crying. 

Next day, party for DC's parents wedding renewal and Madol and Kangsoon's engagement party. 

(not in preview: using BTS of Namjoo attending the island's party- Namjoo tagged along with DC to attend the party) Namjoo a to ask Kangsoon to pull Yoobaek out of misery to reject him properly or at least know the truth. He deserves it. Everyone always misunderstood him because of his strict code of privacy. 

Namjoo told kangsoon the truth after the party when the sun was already down. 

Kangsoon crying in hanbok at night in the preview. 

I think Namjoo is the one who called Yoobaek to go meet Kangsoon in a place that is important him. Namjoo is die hard romantic. In Korea, it is against the law or not right  to answer the phone while driving. They install bluetooth to get calls wirelessly not to be distracted from driving. Yoobaek was surprised with the call and made a big turn. 

Met Kangsoon. 

Stared at Kangsoon with confusion. 

Kangsoon and Yoobaek stare at each other. 

It leaves us to our imagination. 

Archived