[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

I’m team YB all the way so I’m really happy that we had a resolution last night . No SLS from me what so ever  They have been dragging this too Long 

:wub:

this maybe a clearer kiss 

KJS’s agency update us with some BTS stills

am looking forward to the BTS Vid

Edit to add The eps preview  was way more detailed..can’t find a good vid ..best I can find 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

One more scene translation from today's episodes. It's what NJ tells KS about YB. Including the naver clip for anyone who can view it. It's clip no. 10 on the list.

https://tv.naver.com/v/5029121/list/295262

(NJ walks into KS’ store where she’s cleaning and organizing.)
NJ: Hello!
KS: Oh! Gregory Peck Nam Jo-shi?
NJ: Oh my. Oh My-shi. (me: He’s teasing her a bit because she says “Oh my” all the time.) Oh, this was Oh My-shi’s store? Wow. It’s been a long time. (offering her his hand)
KS: Oh, yes. But why is Nam Jo-shi here…? Ahh. Did you come for the congratulatory party?
NJ: Oh, yes. I also wanted to see Yoo Baek as well, but I hear that he’s not here.
KS: Oh. Top Star-shi had gone to Seoul a few days ago. You didn’t meet him there?
NJ: Oh, I did meet him. But after that incident, he cut off all communications and disappeared.
KS: Did something happen to Top Star-shi?
NJ: Oh, there isn’t any internet here, so you probably don’t know. Because of Yoo Baek’s family issues, there was a bit of an uproar.
KS: What do you mean family issues?
NJ: I don’t know if I should say anything or not. Actually, when he was a child, he lost his father, and his mother fell in love with a scam artist who took all of her money, and even though he was in an accident and nearly died, he still had to work in order to pay off his mother’s debt. He’s such an unfortunate kid. Because of insomnia, he’s not even able to sleep at nights, and then there were articles about how he had thrown his mother away because she was a burden, and he was called human trash and received all these curses, and it was a total brouhaha.
KS: What do you mean burden? Oh my. But why?
NJ: His mother revealed that she was the sinner and was able to calm it down for him, but his mother is now getting cursed at, so how could he feel okay about it? So, I thought that, of course, Yoo Baek would come to Oh My-shi.
KS: Why would he come to me?
NJ: Because the first person that Yoo Baek had ever opened his heart to was Oh My-shi. To put it another way, the only safe harbor.
(MD who had been listening from outside the store unbeknownst to KS or NJ comes in just then)
MD: Kang Soon
KS: Oppa! O-oppa.
NJ: And, who is this person?
MD: Ah. I’m the person who is going to become Kkang Soon’s husband, Choi Ma Dol.
NJ: Husband? Ring…? About to get married…?
NJ: (in an aside to KS) Weren’t you and Yoo Baek dating?
MD: No! Let’s get going. I’m going to show you the way.
NJ: Yes. Just a minute. Just a minute. (starts to write a note) Just in case, if you hear from Yoo Baek, please let me know. Okay?
NJ: (writing 2 phone numbers down and leaving it on the pad of paper in the store) The top number is Yoo Baek’s. The bottom number is mine. Please give me a call.
KS: Yes.
MD: Come along. (to KS) Oppa is going now.
KS: Okay.
MD: Let’s go.
(MD and NJ leave. KS looks at the piece of paper with the phone numbers, then goes back to cleaning her store.)

In this scene, it's already clear that MD is affected by hearing the story about YB. He's probably also affected by how hearing this story is affecting KS as well. I felt bad for all three people watching this scene: YB, KS, and MD. I'm glad that it's resolving itself. Even though MD may be feeling loss in the short term, I think in the long term, he also deserves to have someone who loves him and only him wholeheartedly. For whatever reasons, KS' heart has already gone to someone else.

Oh dear, yoobaek never bare his heart or anything painful happened to him to anyone. He was rejected by kangsoon, being scorned first, his mom being scorned after telling truth, and his mom living in bad conditions. He just kept it and wander around alone with broken heart. It made me cry. He is very very humble and very lonely. His heart is too pure to be crumpled so many pieces. There was no one to comfort him except kangsoon. 

That is one of reason madol urgently asked kangsoon to help yoobaek when he saw yoobaek at the balcony with sad expresssion and misunderstanding. Madol knew yoobaek came back to see kangsoon to ease his heart but seeing them getting married will trigger something worse. He started to respect him more and he doesn’t deserve to die. Mostly for not destroying kangsoon’s world. Madol gave up the time, and it is an issue to save both yoobaek and kangsoon. It was very Noble of madol. His revenge is already done but he decided to end it to protect kangsoon. 

It is understandable that yoobaek had to put strict code of privacy which made him even more misunderstood. No one knows the reason. He did it for his mom. His mom made a mistake for not reaching him out. But it is a fate that kangsoon will be the one to do so. Namjoo just told kangsoon that she is very important to him without knowing that she broke his heart. Fate has prepared later for his mom to reconcile with her son and his newfound family. 

The thing is that, I am not trying to justify yoobaek’s rude behavior. It made realise that we judge too easily without finding out the root of his behavior. The more severe the problem, the more rude he has become. And because of the strict code of privacy to protect his mom, made him more misunderstood. They often mask sadness with anger. Only if corrected by love or understanding, it wouldn’t get worse. The Ceo and namjoo even misunderstood him. No one could correct him. No could give him assurance to lessen his pain. He made goal to pay off his mom’s debts and secretly provided her income. Even people close to him have no idea. When namjoo came to kangsoon, he didn’t even know she broke his heart. Kangsoon broke his heart without knowing she made it worse. That is why having psychiatrist is necessary. Yoobaek should have psychiatrist when he lost his father while working as an idol. It is a stressful job for young child. And he even lost and mourn for his father. His mom is another issue. 

That is why, I felt yoobaek’s true self actually saved him. His secret good deeds and nobility of his heart saved him later on. The truth about him saved his life. It was fated for kangsoon to the key to open it up so he can heal and become true self. He has always been Noble hidden by his tough and rude self. He is so lonely. That is why madol knew that kangsoon is only person who can save him. Otherwise, if he didn’t let her go, he will regret for life to see kangsoon mourn for her love. 

Kangsoon didnt really make yoobaek a better person he always have been. She has to tell him that he is not alone and give him assurance to ease his pain so he could be himself. 

It is long painful journey of yoobaek that has come to end. He took it a hard way to obtain a key that will heal and love him. He was in pain all in his life. Taking sleeping pills and suffer from bad dreams for a long time for the things he didn’t do wrong. There was no one beside him to ease his pain. So waking up alone is even more painful to live. It was impressive of yoobaek to worked and hone his skills to become top star. He is very impressive and talented. 

Madol is the hero of the drama. He both saved yoobaek and kangsoon. 

1 hour ago, Christina Leong said:

For those who are in team madol, he is a wonderful gentleman. He is even so much better when he decided to deal with the situation before it is too late. He started to grow up little more. It is already too late to have more chances. Madol is even better than he ever was. And there is someone who loves him unconditionally. Let’s hope madol feel the same way one day. I am sure he will one day experience happiness being in love and getting it return ten times more. He deserves it. 

I just watched Ep7 and there was a doctor who had a crush on him. Perhaps they can get together? Or a city girl for our Namchin? Whoever it is, I really hope he finds the happiness he deserves. 

Spoiler

I just recently started to ship KS and MD in real life hahahaha so it's kinda sad to see MD cry over KS? But yeah, it is a drama. I digress. Hehe

I'm just happy that all the angst is (hopefully) over so now we can get fluffy scenes and some resolutions to certain plot points. This show really was a healing show. :)

I just watched the raw ep as my usual site doesn’t have the Chinese subs yet. A bit late this week? But oh my, my heart broke and healed together with our OTP. I cried, then I smiled, then I squealed. :lol: next week’s ep is going to be so much fun. Finally! But then, just two more eps left. I will miss our SoonBaek couple very much. Oh yes, I just realised that our OTP’s nickname SoonBaek could mean “pure” translated from Korean to Chinese to English. :sweat_smile: So Christina Leong (sorry I can’t tag you as there is someone else with the same nickname as you) you were so right talking about the pure souls of our SoonBaek couple.

@triplem @turtlegirl I’m just so relieved and happy now. Here’s to two episodes of happiness and cuteness!

@joonminfan I rewatched the kiss scene so many times. We have suffered for 3 episodes, so I think MANY cute scenes are needed to heal us :lol:

what i really like is all the BGM & OST they use i this drama ..is this going to be a new ost?

Can I just say though that Kangsoon has been very disappointing the past few eps. She started off bold as brass, then suddenly it took her both Madol and Yoobaek to set her straight. First Madol was the one who broke off the engagement, and then she got Namjo to drive her all the way to Seoul to see Yoobaek but when she did see the guy, she couldn't even tell him she liked him. I remember watching and thinking 'girl, you did not come all the way to ask if he's okay', and evidently Yoobaek agreed with me lol. We only got that kiss because Yoobaek was like 'oh no girl that's not how you do it, here let me show you'. I'm just so frustrated with Kangsoon because she was being so useless, she just bawled and bawled ugh.

And while Yoobaek and Kangsoon did eventually end up together, they truly only gave it to us in the last ten mins or so of the ep. I can't believe they took so long to work out the angst, but because they gave us such a cute cute cute preview that still has me SQUEALING, I'm willing to somewhat overlook that. They'd better give us a real hot kiss next week, because the sunlight wasn't doing us any favours this time :sweatingbullets:

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

@joonminfan I rewatched the kiss scene so many times. We have suffered for 3 episodes, so I think MANY cute scenes are needed to heal us :lol:

what i really like is all the BGM & OST they use i this drama ..is this going to be a new ost?

@triplem yes many many cute scenes please! I love the kiss scene but the greedy pervy ahjumma in me wants something hotter. I know there will be quite a few in next week’s episode but then a REALLY good, HOT kiss will make me even happier. Come on, both KJS and JSM are definitely able to pull it off. And that scene of YB hugging KS in bed is making my imagination run wild, really wild. :kiss_wink:

I also love that song that was playing in that scene! Honestly, it wasn’t just KJS’s acting that made me cry. The music too. Maybe @skyrangerzi will know. 

I’ve been refreshing my usual site but no Chinese subs yet. The translation may be a bit later this week, chinggus.

1 minute ago, mundaliv said:

What is the place where KangSoon waits for YooBaek and finally they kiss there? How she can wait there and YooBaek search for her there? Without the subs, i’m really lost. 

If I am not mistaken this is same area  (the main land )where the boats come from the island. It is the area where KS-MD had a date and that YB did the confession. It is  5- to 6 hours drive from Seoul. From what I understand from the recaps, KS and villagers were in the area for DM"s parents wow renewal. YB had driven there to revisit the site where he did the confession and was staying in the same hotel where the ceremony was to take place. So the kiss scene should be somewhere in that area. Maybe those who watched it raw can confirm?
------------------------

Can you feel the emotion from these stills :love: ( cr TVN FB page)

49949216_391880911383440_276401213732290

50269285_391880918050106_102171530030061

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

If I am not mistaken this is same area  (the main land )where the boats come from the island. It is the area where KS-MD had a date and that YB did the confession. It is  5- to 6 hours drive from Seoul. From what I understand from the recaps, KS and villagers were in the area for DM"s parents wow renewal. YB had driven there to revisit the site where he did the confession and was staying in the same hotel where the ceremony was to take place. So the kiss scene should be somewhere in that area. Maybe those who watched it raw can confirm?
------------------------

Can you feel the emotion from these stills :love: ( cr TVN FB page)

Oh I love how her arms are around him like that. :love:

@mundaliv From what I gather Namjo was driving Kangsoon to Seoul from the vow renewal, and tried very hard to reach Yoobaek on his phone. When he finally got through to Yoobaek, he told him to go to a specific place. I vaguely recall him not being very specific about why he wanted Yoobaek to head there though, he just said it's important to Yoobaek or something, so Yoobaek ignored it at first, until he recalled Namjo had been at the vow renewal too and perhaps it had something to do with Kangsoon. Lol but Yoobaek's initial thought when he saw Kangsoon was that Namjo had kidnapped Kangsoon.

Btw articles refer to him as Nampid lol. NAMjo+cuPID :D

@triplem The real question here is how to be JSM? KJS makes me so weak, like how can she think around him :wub:

1 hour ago, tibba said:

Can I just say though that Kangsoon has been very disappointing the past few eps. She started off bold as brass, then suddenly it took her both Madol and Yoobaek to set her on the straight path. First Madol was the one who broke off the engagement, and then she got Namjo to drive her all the way to Seoul to see Yoobaek but when she did see the guy, she couldn't even tell him she liked him. I remember watching and thinking 'girl, you did not come all the way to ask if he's okay', and evidently Yoobaek agreed with me lol. We only got that kiss because Yoobaek was like 'oh no girl that's not how you do it, here let me show you'. I'm just so frustrated with Kangsoon because she was being so useless, she just bawled and bawled ugh.

And while Yoobaek and Kangsoon did eventually end up together, they truly only gave it to us in the last ten mins or so of the ep. I can't believe they took so long to work out the angst, but because they gave us such a cute cute cute preview that still has me SQUEALING, I'm willing to somewhat overlook that. They'd better give us a real hot kiss next week, because the sunlight wasn't doing us any favours this time :sweatingbullets:

I entirely second you about the sunlight. 

Song List Ep 9

Kim Jeongmin - Remember (Teacher trying to write a letter for Doctor)
Youtube

Kim Dong Ryul - Thanks (NJ sang at the wedding, YB recalling his moments with KS, before he finally went to get his car)
Youtube | English lyrics

OST Part 3 (YB at his hotel room, in shock after seeing KS and MD)
English lyrics

(you can find better translation of ost part 1 and 2 as well on the site)

Jang Beom June - Fallen in Love (Only With You) (the song played during the cute-fluffy-full of kisses  preview)
Youtube

Song List Ep 8

Jo Junghyun - Sad Sea (MD runs to the beach after confessing to KS)
original | eng subbed cover

Jo Deok Bae - My Old Story (KS holding the ring and thinking about MD)
youtube | eng lyrics

Park Sangmin - One Love (Teacher walks out of school, remembering the breakup night)

original | eng subbed cover

Namjin - With You (Grandma danced during the dinner party)

youtube | eng lyrics

Park Joonha - When I First Met You (MD wakes up in KS' room)

Kim Jeongmin - Sad Promise (Teacher singing during the cleaning rocks activity)

Won Junhee - Love is Like a Fragile Glass (KS staring at the medicines at her house, while YB is in pain at her hideout)
youtube (eng lyrics in description)

I don't know how many times I've re-watched the kiss scene. And when I'm not re-watching it, I'm imagining it in my head. Pretty much the same with the preview. :rolleyes:

@mundaliv and @triplem, like @tibba said, the kiss happened in Seoul. The wedding ceremony was on the island where he confessed. I only know it was Seoul cuz they were driving a long time, and then they had the encounter in YB's apartment parking garage where they just missed each other. I don't know if the spot they kissed has significance. Once the translations come out, we will get to see what NJ said to YB over the phone for YB to know exactly where to go. It maybe was the same spot where KS hugged younger YB, cuz they overlooked the city in both and both seemed to be on a boardwalk/pier type place. But I'm not sure.

@joonminfan ahh if their couple name translates to pure, now we know why all those articles translated to "pureblown couple" though I'm pretty sure it should be pure-something else lol.

So I'm already analyzing the preview. So in it, YB and KS are standing in front of NJ and CEO and YB has on the suit and KS is still wearing the hanbok. Then there's a scene with them holding hands skipping along wearing the suit and a pretty pink coat, and it kind of looks like they're on the island there. Then we have scene on the island where YB is wearing that suit and KS is wearing her old clothes. And then there's the scene with YB hugging a crying KS and he's wearing regular clothes and she's wearing the same old clothes. Didn't the last preview have a ton of wardrobe differences to throw me off? So anyways, back to my analysis, so somehow YB ends up in a suit before KS changes out of her hanbok. But then when does the bed scene happen? Ok I think I've got it, the bed scene happens first, then KS has to put the dress back on cuz she has nothing else. Then he takes her to his designer friend. Oh my god I am way overanalyzing this lol. Someone stop me!!

My favorite scenes from the preview - the bed scene where he's holding her so tight caressing her hair looking so at peace. My heart melts every time I watch. And the very last scene where he kisses her like 4x all over her face soooo cute. Gosh where can I find my own YooBaek?? What is everyone else's favorite preview scene, if you have one? 

Just want to add one more big thanks to everyone on this board for writing such beautiful notes about YB and KS' relationship. You all are great writers and make this show 100x better with your beautiful words :)

@turtlegirl Haha ..I see you are analysing like mad ..I actually like the extended preview in the episode itself ( @heyyoooo posted above ) where they were fishing , and he teased her by missing the kiss ..kkkkk ..that caused her temperature to rise..so much for wanting to take things slowly

Archived