[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, joonminfan said:

I hope they start off Ep 10 with a continuation of the kiss.

I reckon we might get more where that came from, because from the bts here they seem to be rehearsing something we haven't seen yet. I remember in the previous kiss scene too I saw them rehearsing some bits not included at the end of the initial kiss scene, and it appeared in the continuation on the next ep... Which means if we're lucky we'll get more kisses and possibly a hug like in the gif? JSM is puckering up here after all lol. Or they could just be goofing around heh. 

Gif credit to our drama DC friends.

OToIHIa.gif

I like the chemistry between these two, because I think they're genuinely fond of each other. Like not in a shipping way though? Although if that happens hey I approve! I think they could become good friends, since they seem to have pretty similar personalities. They both seem to have the wacky sweetheart thing going on lol. JSM mentioned in an interview that she's a fan of KJS (like girl, aren't we all) and judging by the bts he finds her freaking adorable. 

I have a very rudimentary knowledge of Korean, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But anyway after this scene KJS told JSM he'd even buy her 10 electric toothbrushes because she was gazing at him so cutely :D

jAcjw4O.jpg

And here the caption reads that his gaze wasn't an act lol. Which is true, because after that he was gushing over how cute she was. 

KIIWfCI.jpg

Anyway the long and short of it is that I like their chemistry and I'm waiting for them to deliver a hot kiss next, please and thank you. We need to exploit their talents, after all :rolleyes: 

@tibba nooooo!!!! You’re not helping me NOT ship them. :joy: now I gotta go back and watch all the bts. I wish I had been more diligent in learning korean, especially at times like these when I’m desperate to know certain things. I really like the way he looks at her like she’s the cutest thing in the whole world, and the wiping away of her tears plus the adjusting of her cardigan which was shown in Ep 8.

GUYS U R NOT HELPING AT ALL

How did we go from analyzing/*shipping* YB-KS to KJS-JSM. HAHAHAHA. 

@tibba @joonminfan

.... Also, the way he cups and carresses kangsoon/jsm's face whenever he kisses her. And the preview 4xkiss... I was stalking the video at naver and most of the commenters are saying, KJS should win an oscar for that kiss, it looked toooooo realistic, also judging by JSM's reaction.... :wub:

LOL sorry @joonminfan @heyyoooo it wasn't my intention to nudge you further along your shipping ways!

Oh yes I do like the caressing when he kisses her, his thumb seems to move of its own accord lol. I wonder if he was just trying to warm himself up because his hands were frozen. Or maybe warm her up. Well, warm them up then lol because they definitely needed it. I really don't fancy being in their position because they mentioned it was what, -10 degrees then? And they were quite high up too, imagine the wind. On top of that, it had to be awkward kissing with all the tears involved. They did a great job, considering the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, tibba said:

JSM mentioned in an interview that she's a fan of KJS (like girl, aren't we all) and judging by the bts he finds her freaking adorable. 

Lol! Yes she said she loved him in I Need Romance 2 ( KJS was the second lead there)...hahah so she had second lead syndrome then

wahhhh all this shipping business...kkkk...

Spoiler

I was on the HSJ _ JSM ship after 1% of Anything and that didn't go anywhere :w00t:. To be honest , I find KJS a lot sweeter a person if compared to HSJ who can be a lot more aloof and reserved  ( I am a big Ha Seok Jin fan by the way) and his interactions with JSM are a lot warmer then HSJ _ JSM  in 1%. 

By the way...the next drama on this slot airs on 8 February. And this drama is supposed to end 25 Jan. So there is a one week gap? Or do you think they will give us 12 episodes ?? 

OT so in spoiler ...our hot oppas  presenting at the Seoul Music Award...they look good...

Spoiler

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, triplem said:

By the way...the next drama on this slot airs on 8 February. And this drama is supposed to end 25 Jan. So there is a one week gap? Or do you think they will give us 12 episodes ?? 

Praying for an extension. Or a special episode. Hehe.

I want to see YB "rawwr" again, this time not imaginary. Do we have a GIF of that? If not, I need one. 

I'd be totally down for the whole back to nature / skinny dipping stuff...if it weren't so cold there! Just burrrr. That island could use a hot tub upgrade. I wonder if YB has one at his place.. :smirk:

5 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Why I still have not figured out how to embed I don't know, sorry, but I did find some super cute fan art :wub:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bspz0QYBYaw/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=it3lorfnzdqz

Can try copying and pasting this tag #全昭旻飯繪 into IG for more fanart. I saw quite a few already. So cute!

Hmm. We and our  two adorable dorks deserve a hawt kiss like they had on Clean With a Passion today. 

I hope Grandma does not ruin the mood by demanding they live on the Island permanently. I bet it’s some funny request  that is going to drive him crazy for awhile but why is she crying?

Here is a pretty song for our couple:

I think Kangsoon was crying because I believe Yoobaek needs to leave the island to deal with the matters. Kangsoon needs to stay with her grandmother but she didn't want Yoobaek to go. Yoobaek has a lot of urgent matters to do especially with his mom since he has already resolved with Kangsoon. I don't think the two can bear to be apart again after the lovely kiss and lots of kisses. They were over the moon together. 

Yoobaek has to figure out how to ease Kangsoon's worries about her grandmother, and make good impression on grandma. The answer is.... his mother. =) No matter how they had so many issues together, Yoobaek's true self and secret noble deeds will prevail and save him again. His mom will be happy to share it. 

The thing is that, Yoobaek may see to think he hates his mom. But he is just angry and hurt at her actions towards him. With Kangsoon and grandmother's love has healed Yoobaek, his mom should come to say her gratitude to them. Fate will give her second chance in life. This is last puzzle in part of yoobaek's healing journey. 

Now... here comes to a question, who is the mysterious mountain man?

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Grandma may be inquiring about  his family and wants to be assured they will treat Kang Soon right .Very possibly she wants to meet his mother as is the normal Korean meeting of the couples  families tradition. 

Maybe it is the reason Yoobaek was losing his mind about that. He really had no family with his mom giving up on him again. 

So grandma is giving a challenge for Yoobaek to reconcile with his mom so he could be with Kangsoon. ah.. it maybe the reason Yoobaek wasn't sure if the meeting will go well when he brings his mom over. It is a lot of painful history. He is worried that he would be disapproved again. Yoobaek never really consider his secret good deeds is something to show off. I think he still felt selfish and said he hated his mother. I think he blames himself too much. He thought he is at fault. His mom wasn't doing well to assure Yoobaek that he had done so much for her. He was wondering why his mother is still suffering and very pitiful after all he had done for her. He felt that he didn't do anything right. 

That is the most unselfish heart of Yoobaek. I hope Grandma has patience to understand their very sad and tragic story, and understand the true nature of Yoobaek is deem worthy for Kangsoon. Grandmother saw Madol did so much for Kangsoon in the past. That was why she likes him. She didn't see much of how Yoobaek would do for her granddaughter. So it will force Yoobaek to open up himself. I don't think he likes to open up himself and his past. It is the most painful part of him. It is too painful. He'll go through it again for Kangsoon. 

16 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

Yeah I was wondering about that too. He just conveniently disappeared from the story. :confused:

I think it is Kangsoon's father. I think the mother didn't make it. So the father couldn't bear to come to face Kangsoon without her mom. So, he just disappeared in the mountain to recover and hide. He would decide that he would watch over Kangsoon and her grandmother for the rest of her life. So Kangsoon won't be so angry towards her father. He knew his mother and the village will look after her well. He is probably too ashamed and mourning for his wife. 

So, here comes Yoobaek, maybe the mountain man witness and saw everything happening to Kangsoon and Yoobaek, their hugs, their cries, their loneliness, bicycle ride, Yoobaek's rooftop declaration for Kangsoon, many things. I think he knows the true love of the two. =) 

Archived