[Drama 2018] The Beauty Inside Drama Remake, 뷰티 인사이드

marykarmelina

the Making Film clip.. :bawling::heart: i love it include bts of eps 5 - the necktie tying -- it was also my fave scene..  -- your eyes said that you want me.. :wub: --

this thread is moving fast,, will read it slowly during office break. Glad there are many chingus already devoting and giving so much love for this drama, and the couples. :heart:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I know EH and the sister would make a super cute couple...but at the same time I have been torn about the hold idea as I have felt like he has been using her by manipulating her feelings...which is clearly not nice. So does he even like her?

With the whole issue of becoming a priest, I do feel like there is a story behind it, though I feel like there is a reason of guilt and obligation with it in this episode...he does not seem that happy about it exactly...he seemed to get more fun out of messing with the sister than anything. But since EH and the sister do not have many scenes together, I even wonder if they will be able to resolve their conflicts and be together? She can be the working mom and he will be the house dad :D

1 hour ago, Nanana85 said:

the Making Film clip.. :bawling::heart: i love it include bts of eps 5 - the necktie tying -- it was also my fave scene..  -- your eyes said that you want me.. :wub: --

this thread is moving fast,, will read it slowly during office break. Glad there are many chingus already devoting and giving so much love for this drama, and the couples. :heart:

Ikr!!! JTBC did not fail us. They really know what's please us. lol

and how about the last minute scene, when DJ hugged SG after their kissing scene. I'm really laughing in all the comments on the YT video. A lot of them are shipping our couple.:wub::wub:

2 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

Okay, I know EH and the sister would make a super cute couple...but at the same time I have been torn about the hold idea as I have felt like he has been using her by manipulating her feelings...which is clearly not nice. So does he even like her?

With the whole issue of becoming a priest, I do feel like there is a story behind it, though I feel like there is a reason of guilt and obligation with it in this episode...he does not seem that happy about it exactly...he seemed to get more fun out of messing with the sister than anything. But since EH and the sister do not have many scenes together, I even wonder if they will be able to resolve their conflicts and be together? She can be the working mom and he will be the house dad :D

this exactly! everything you wrote explained how i felt perfectly. i shipped them very much in the beginning and still do, but i too get the feeling that his actions within sara's house were slightly manipulative (perhaps unintentionally—? maybe it was general kindness that got misread. or maybe feelings have begun to bloom w/i him as well, and he is trying to distance himself from that by acting coldly. the gift he gives her shows familiarity, but the request for donation shows manipulation. so confusing!)

and the sense of obligation also feels right . . . it doesn't look as though he truly finds happiness in it. perhaps a sense of duty? it does feel as though that might be the core of eunho's character—that he's dutiful. it has been shown that he is dutiful to his mom (making money to make up for his choice), and there are implications of it as well (his work habits, camaraderie with people, etc). so his choice to be a priest could also be some sort of "duty" for him. but that's no real way to live. 

what i'm hoping for is that he's slowly begun to feel some small affection for sara too. and that's why he's leaving so suddenly and rather heartlessly. they're a relatively balanced couple and i'd love to see them together, yet somehow they seem even more star-crossed than our leads! and all because of their own issues! it's strange, but these types of characters and couples are my favorite. 

anyways, loved your words guinearoyal!! 

30 minutes ago, shjfan23 said:

Have you heard the news??? Ra Mi Ran will appear as cameo in BI. If she’s gonna be another SG, that will be hilarious, Being girlfriend to DJ. How will they be sweet with one another! :lol::lol::lol:

Wah, it will be awesome.. Ra Miran, mother Cheetah :D

fyi, Lee Minki have co strarring with Ra Miran on Very Ordinary Couple movie. 

hello! i made a soompi forums account just for this drama, because i love it so much! i have to talk about it to somebody, but haven't got anyone!! so here i am. i'm really surprised about it, because it feels like one of the first dramas i ever watched, you know? that sort of rush of excitement you get as you watch it and are totally engrossed . . . plus the wonder of discovering a whole new world of cinema. (except i am a veteran(-ish), i've watched boys over flowers and delightful girl choon hyang and princess hours and all that! and the good hong sisters dramas, haha). but somehow this show really is magic!! it's what i look forward to at the end of mondays and tuesdays and what i spend the rest of the week waiting for. 

i just watched the most recent episode and loved it, especially as we see the honeymoon phase proper with DJ and SG. they're so adorable, especially SG with her "oh my god!!" and squealing over DJ's taking off his top button and unclasping his watch. me to a T. SG is the absolute best, and i just want to give all the applause to the actress. she's doing more than justice to the character.

i actually do think one of the main draws of this drama is SG herself, not necessarily her condition, but really, really herself. she's reminiscent of the lead for "my love from another star", but still . . . fresh? her own? i don't know how to articulate it. and this drama feels familiar too in that it calls back to the dramas of old, with a trope-y romance, tsundere lead, and melodramatic confessions. and SG, with her agency, forthrightness, and clear morality, paired with the lovey-dovey plot of our dreams quite literally makes this drama addictive. she's essentially the candy we've always wanted, but rich and fun and sweet and able to stand up for herself—so not a candy, i guess? which is what makes this so unique. 

i guess what i'm saying is that this drama makes my heart all warm and melty because it reminds me of older dramas. this drama is like an iphone update to k-drama tropes!! but we actually really wanted it. (haha!) 

besides my ode to SG, i do think the cameos are fun, but i always have more fun with SG as SG. still, i can't wait to see DJ's reaction to baby boy SG. that'll be fun. their relationship sort of evolves to fit her form—like with their easy familiarity as guys. it might happen here too, although i'm not sure, because DJ does seem to see SG as SG, even when she changes. i guess we'll see next week! 

furthermore, the bud for SG's manager and DJ's secretary's relationship have been planted!! they too, are beginning with hate-hate. so much fun!! (i've used the word "fun" at least a thousand times now, which is how you know i really adore this show) and i know a lot of people are getting irritated by SG's manager, and i totally see how she could be, but i actually really enjoy her. she's flawed, of course, but i do think a lot of people are forgetting that she's not just SG's best friend, she's her manager too. so when SG goes places without telling her, or makes big decisions on her own, it's she (the manager) who has to deal with it (not SG). so when DJ and SG did their break-up, she's the one who had to handle the press, the aftermath, SG's reputation and public image, etc. it might seem overbearing of her to always want to know where she is and what she's doing, but it is in her job description. and besides that, she really does care about SG—she wants her to be safe too. plus, she seems like a good friend. for example, when there was a leak that was offensive to SG and she leaped out of the car with steam coming out of her ears, swearing her heart out! so cute <3 i really love their friendship. 

there are a few posts detailing eunho's and sara's relationship that i agree with already, as well as my own above, so i won't go into that any further. really interested in seeing how they're going to go forward though. sara is definitely my second favorite (even tied?) character after SG, so i think that says in itself how much i care about her. 

anyways, i think i've rambled on long enough!

14 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

unles smom thinks her gay son has a son with the other gay guy

Or he is the Child sexual abuse :lol:. So I guess true, she's now transforming to a boy, can't wait to see how DJ react with this. And an ajumma come next make the drama more exciting and funny (especially DJ's Mom reaction)

1 hour ago, shjfan23 said:

Have you heard the news??? Ra Mi Ran will appear as cameo in BI. If she’s gonna be another SG, that will be hilarious, Being girlfriend to DJ. How will they be sweet with one another! :lol::lol::lol:

Ahahah hahahaha! I love RaMiRan since 1988. Can't wait to see their interactions, doesn't matter if she'll be the new SG or not. 

In the original movie, the daily transformation has caused HHJ to be so depressed and sad. But for now, I'm glad that there making the transformations humourous. 

is it just me, or is there someone else

I really really really want more of the second couple's love story

Chemistry is electric and i really want to see the well aware of his looks wanna be priest fall in love with the lonely lost lady

I loved her red dress from yesterday though (sister's)

3 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

is it just me, or is there someone else

I really really really want more of the second couple's love story

Chemistry is electric and i really want to see the well aware of his looks wanna be priest fall in love with the lonely lost lady

I loved her red dress from yesterday though (sister's)

Sister's (Sara) red checkered clothes are from a brand called "eye eye" this is their 2018 Fall Checkered series. ♥♥

The BTS!! Oh my heart. The acting was so good and the hug at the end of the kiss scene :wub:

I can’t help but burst out laughing at how dorky SG was in the dating scenes, especially how she squealed over DJ removing his watch and shirt button. And how DJ responded by flinging his jacket off. Hilarious! And then they conveniently forgot about the light bulb. I guess the light bulb will never get changed :P 

Bummer they didn’t get to ‘eat their ramyeon’. 

I’m apprehensive about the lack of preview and how DJ will react to SG as a kid. It’s funny but also a very real problem which can potentially lead to angst and hopefully growth for them. But I just want them to stay as cute puppies dating one another! 

First comment on this thread.:) Although certain scenes in the latest episode bothered me (like for example lying to their respective managers was totally unnecessary and repetitive or hiding the fact that they are dating for real to their own family), I like the characters.

Even KSR isn't really acting like a jealous and mean second main lead which is refreshing... I can relate to her insecurities and her loneliness. 

Now, I have been wondering if HSG's ability is not related to people who died. She transformed into a young boy and the day before she was told about the boy whose mother had tried to commit suicide as she had lost her boy due to an accident. Maybe her condition is a miracle and gift in the end. Imagine, she could get the chance to help family's members to overcome the loss and grief.  

Another idea is to believe that her own father had the same ability hence he disappeared... 

@thistleAs for Eun Ho, I sense that he is not different from SG or DJ. He has a condition too: he can not really decide. His choice to become a priest doesn't feel genuine. He made the decision a long time ago, nevertheless nothing happened yet. Sure, he wanted to give money to his mother but I feel that there is more to it. I saw a certain reluctance, when father Julian asked him. I even had the impression that Julian was the one who was pushing EH to do it... Like he said, he can not express his opinion. He rather reacts, when his mother or father Julian tries to force their opinion onto him. In reality, I have the impression that he is lost himself. He has himself no real goal in life. I guess, he wants to do some good deeds (charity, helping others aso) but he doesn't know how he should do it. Father Julian might have convinced him that church would be the perfect place for him but deep down, he is uncertain. So by helping KSR to open up and give her a home, he will realize that he can do good deeds differently. 

@supergal99 @guinearoyal

Busted LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e6dd72c61c2247e5ecc8846daa8e3a07956b2b2f:joy:

If EH and Sara realize that they are in love, who do you think would confess first green-scarf-emoticon-01.gif?1292794363

It's cool,sexy and funny at the same time

Spoiler

b533111d8c45a56c10ca87a0f495746e8ac3426b

172e796f04cea2cf2f7a0170cd1da6dab66603d4

Spoiler

8856d04a1ef5d03da6557459b640fe0b3399b79f

When you hate someone but they bring good food:sweat_smile:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Now, I have been wondering if HSG's ability is not related to people who died. She transformed into a young boy and the day before she was told about the boy whose mother had tried to commit suicide as she had lost her boy due to an accident. Maybe her condition is a miracle and gift in the end. Imagine, she could get the chance to help family's members to overcome the loss and grief.  

Another idea is to believe that her own father had the same ability hence he disappeared... 

OMG! This is amazing!!!it will be absolutely epic if that’s case!She has a purpose in the first place!

15 minutes ago, Nanana85 said:

Vincent song - Beauty Inside has female cover version. I keep thinking that was Seo Hyunjin's voice. Everyone? :wub:

That version is so sweet! I hope that’s HyunJin’s voice. How about she and MK do a duet of K.will’s song? That will be very lit!!!

Archived