[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

4 hours ago, bubblechoco said:

I hope the K-fans can use their power to convince the writer to release a script book T__T

from this news, they will do it

http://www.biztribune.co.kr/news/view.php?no=91419

(the last paragraph)

또한, `남자친구` 측은 종영 후 여운을 곱씹을 수 있는 대본집을 발간하기로 결정했으며 1~16회까지 집필한 유영아 작가의 대본을 2권 분량으로 발매해 드라마를 즐겨본 시청자들에게 선사할 계획이다.

google translate :

In addition, `boyfriend` decided to publish a script book that can chew up after the end, it plans to release the script of Yoo Young-ah, who wrote 1 ~ 16 episodes in two volumes, and present it to viewers who enjoyed the drama.

----------------

1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

@bohmi

Could they release English version too?

Sorry, I don't know dear :sweatingbullets:

Edited by bohmi
  • Like 15
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, vvpal said:

I particularly like KJH's line about "do we still have some ham?".  This one line pretty much sums it up for me.

They are probably living together because they cook together. 

My thought exactly, he finally claimed his place in her apt. i  love love love how he looked at her and proposed her for the... third time? Everything was just simple and perfect. His father was going thru trial and now serving his time in jail. So, it is very real to not show wedding at the ending. Just simple question, can we get there as newlyweds?

• Like 15
  • Love 4

Our memories about Encounter from Casts&Crews.

We can see a lot of Casts and Crews join the Cuba filming which might cost huge amount of money.

I count their pictures, it is about 95 crews in the picture with Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo which have spent for a month for filming. (Half might be local)

Just only Secretary Jang joined PBG&SHK for a couple scenes. 

Due to just one trip, there might be filming with some more stocks for just in case editing later.

Credit:Lim_Hyosun

Google Translate:::

“Among such many stars
One star looks down on me.
Among these many
I look at the star.
The deeper the night, the more the stars disappear in the light
I disappear into the darkness.
One of you, or one of you,
Where and from what shall we meet again.”

Google translate: “Awesome guys”

• Like 12
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

YES, i would def want the script book, even better a novel based on the script by YYA.. 

Script book... novel book... photobook... COME THROW AT US!

YYA has defo redeemed her reputation from this drama.
I didn't like any of her previous drama works at all (I apologise to those who are)

P.S. How's your trip? Having fun in Seoul?

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Our memories about Encounter from Casts&Crews.

We can see a lot of Casts and Crews join the Cuba filming which might cost huge amount of money.

Due to just one trip, there might be filming with some more stocks for just in case editing later.

Credit:Lim_Hyosun

Google Translate:::

“Among such many stars
One star looks down on me.
Among these many
I look at the star.
The deeper the night, the more the stars disappear in the light
I disappear into the darkness.
One of you, or one of you,
Where and from what shall we meet again.”

Seems Hyosun Unnie is a fan of the script! She always uses quotes from the drama for her caption!
I think they have hired some crew members who are based in Havana during their stay... so it kept to the minimum possible (and it is easier to manage too)

The group photo in Cuba includes the dancers too... how nice of them ^__^

But true I believe there are more unseen footages

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

20 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

YYA has defo redeemed her reputation from this drama.
I didn't like any of her previous drama works at all (I apologise to those who are)

P.S. How's your trip? Having fun in Seoul?

YYA and PSW also deserve awards. PSW absolutely do justice to her beautifully written script.

Im looking forward for their next collab

YES, i will visiting the Youngpoong bookstore tmrw. Seoul is extremely cold nowdays, i can only imagine the hardship of the casts and crew were going thru, especially when they're working on wee time.. my biggest appreciation 

• Like 13
  • Love 3

Already overcome my cold these few days n today I have a chance to seen epi 15-16 as a whole..this episodes, how I can say? It is beautiful journey of LOVE....they wrap it so neatly n beautifully until the very end..I can't tell u which scene that become highlight for me, becz every scene its a highlight..they broken hearted, me too, they cried, me too, they smile, me too.. For me its not merely love story about them, but love that surround them too..

N for the first time in this entire drama, I feel sorry for SH mom in the end but not with WS mom :phew: n I would like to give Best Friend award for Sec. Jang n HI, thank u for sec.Jang for always being with SH from the beginning n the one that can be frank n care for SH with her own way ; HI thank u for not turn into 'villain' that backstabbing JH, thank u for stay loyal as JH best friend that he could have (though u did say to SH to stay away from JH, I didn't saw it as a great threat) n Cupid Award for Nam Ahjusshi, u are such lovable cupid :heart:

Anyway, Encounter has brought up us till this far..from the beginning we hear about the story that its to boring, the main leads doesn't have chemistry, SHK lack of expression (What the...!!!), PBG act to ordinary (what the...!!!) and so on, but still all of us remain here continuously support it till the end.. we never stop analyzing, never stop the guessing game in every episode, never stop to continuously ask the writer n PD-nim for amazing second Cuban kiss+proper bed scene :P hahaha (n seriously I never bored watching their kisses,so beautiful :wub:, n it give me quite standard on how an actor n actress would kiss, if it make my heart flutters I will keep it in mind for a long, long, long time :rolleyes:).. I will miss JH serious eyes, miss JH n SH hands with their rings on, miss their kisses, hugs :tears: i will miss Encounter.. beautiful drama in the end of 2018 n early 2019 indeed..

Spoiler

Why is there no mag photo shoot for SHK x PBG combo?????whyyyyyyy?? its the same with DOTS..sighhh..

Chingus, I hope to see u in another drama thread again (for me, I have to relax first n find another drama that I see it interesting enough n that maybe take me sometime :D)

• Like 14
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1

The first thing I do after watching every episode of encounter subbed is visit this forum and read all your analysis/thoughts and add in mine!! Today, I just couldn't do it. I watched the episode..went into a daze after ep 16 ended, listened to the OSTs , watched ep 16 ending again, but just couldn't come to terms that it is over and hence didn't come here !! In denial mode now like most of you!! :bawling: I am yet to read most of your posts!! Coz I dont want this show to end!! 

I loved loved loved this drama:love:..everything about it was sooo beautiful I dont want to go into farewell mood yet!! :bawling:

Few things my greedy heart wanted to see: 

1) More lovey dovey scenes after they make up..while ep 16 was perfect, I really wish they added atleast 1 episode to show JH n CSH ( I miss them sooooo much)

2)I really wish I could have seen CSH walk down the aisle to JH ( just like JH asked in earlier episode):wub:, but I can understand the complexities with CSH father in jail!! 

3) WS finding someone or just not alone ( except his faithful PA)

4) CSH in JH home..in a family meal

5) CSH n JH in CSH house ( are they living together really??)

And, I still have a few silly questions abt the ending..if any of you could kindly clarify my poor soul!! 

1) It looks like JH's mom approval and then JH's sweet letter was the turning point!! Does that mean that CSH is no longer guilty abt burdening his family?Or she is convinced that their family is completely ok with it and so things will get better? or she is just not letting her guilt stand in her way of true happiness?

2) Do we know when CSH father is coming out of prison? how many years? 

3) Nothing is shown about JH visiting CSH mom after she turned a new leaf..so that is left to our interpretation?

4) Why didn't WS mom ask WS to become sole CEO of Donghwa hotel and oust CSH? Is it coz she knew her son won't do it? She had already warned him that she wouldn't spare him if he didn't do what she wanted..so why didn't she ask/threaten him? Coz she is going to prison?

• Like 13
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

I posted the link about 3 weeks ago, they are still taking pre-orders. It was limited to domestic shipping but now they are offering international shipping.

http://m.yes24.com/Goods/Detail/68156485?scode=032&ozsrank=4

4-C9-E0-DA7-32-CF-4-CC3-AC0-B-5-DA8271-E

@tlireal all international fans don’t have to fill the survey just send an e-mail .

I had posted this information about 2 weeks ago. :) You still have time to contact them. 

B6-F0-CA06-3-D86-4534-93-A9-9-DBE0-F0012

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

Honestly I thought the two kids were theirs. Got so excited for nothing..serves me right. :joy:

996FCD4F5C4AE9E119

"Get out of my way!" :D

9947C14F5C4AE9E511

cr : as labeled

@stardustvoid They were probably thinking of having their own children when they saw those kids. :wub:

Where's the special ep focusing on JinSoo's married life? I need it! B)

• Like 6
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4

The breakup was really weak & unnecessary imo. I mean the drama seem to push real hard the theme of Love Conquers All several times throughout that it just seemed repetitive tbh. 

I do however admire the way Jin-Hyuk chose to handle his Mom's reasoning. I honestly don't feel Soo-Hyun deserve him at times. It just seem like he was the one doin' all the work. And Soo-Hyun often seem so blasé on everything.. 

With all its flaws, this drama is still watchable & charming in its own way. Bo-Gum's smile is as bright as his future:D

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I posted the link about 3 weeks ago, they are still taking pre-orders. It was limited to domestic shipping but now they are offering international shipping.

Does this have English subtitles? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vvpal said:

I love that it is SIMPLE.

I particularly like KJH's line about "do we still have some ham?".  This one line pretty much sums it up for me.

They are probably living together because they cook together. 

They eat many dinners at his home because CSH loves home cooked food and the loving atmosphere.

They enjoy their time together like normal couples ... walking around, eating and doing welfies.

KJH visits CSH's dad and attempts to connect with him but doesn't make a fuss and tells her about his visits.

They have made one year happily together despite by the wealth/status issue, and they will live the rest of their lives like this.

@vvpal

You suits the insightful emoji indeed. 

I thought that the writer gave us some clues about KJH&CSH’s relationship as a loyal and committed boyfriend/girlfriend follows:

- KJH’s mom kiddingly complained with light heart for KJH’s often bringing his girlfriend to have mom’s home cook, mom did not mention CSH as CEO anymore. 

As CSH loves homecook and likes KJH’s simple family bonding; and 

As KJH’s family esp. mom is  important to his life and their relationship, KJH brings CSH to be familiar to be a part of his family. 

His mom can acknowledge that CSH, the dear son’s simple girlfriend, does not make KJH separate from his family but mom has just gotten one more family member. 

KJH’s mom: “I’m really not fond of Jin Hyuk right now.

He brings over his girlfriend almost every day. 

What am I supposed to cook for her?

I’m running out of dishes to cook.”

- I also like KJH’s always praise CSH in their dating last scene as he has been:

CSH: “This place is pretty”

KJH: “You’re right. It’s pretty.”

CSH: “The Neighborhood?”

KJH: “No.

CSH: “Then what?”

KJH: ”you” (whispered without voice to her ear) 

(As audiences watched when KJH was alone in his room, just saw her pic, he often praises CSH pretty. He is in deep love not just in front of CSH) 

- KJH visits CSH’s father like a part of CSH’s family, no need informing CSH. 

- KJH and CSH talked about grocery and cooking like sometimes living together as CSH has no need to be aware probably to break up as before, they, matured adults, can be as a boyfriend/girlfriend naturally.

I have just notced from rewatching in ep15 that money from Taekyeong Group has been corrupted in 2008, CSH might be implicitly forced to marry in 2011 for 2 years, divorced in 2013, and managed Donghwa Hotel from deficit to successful for 4 years.

KJH&CSH’s Timeline

- September 2018: CSH met KJH in Cuba. Then, they dated. 

- March 2019: CSH tried to break up with KJH and reconciled. 

- March 2020: One year passed, KJH tried to propose for marriage by mentioning going to Santiago as newlywed in June 2020 and CSH answered implicit yes with smile.

(In Episode 15, he mentioned going Santiago in June. Due to low season of hotel business they both work for and suitable time for going to Santiago, June is comfortable.)

9 hours ago, bohmi said:

google translate :

In addition, `boyfriend` decided to publish a script book that can chew up after the end, it plans to release the script of Yoo Young-ah, who wrote 1 ~ 16 episodes in two volumes, and present it to viewers who enjoyed the drama.

@bohmi

Could they release English version too?

9 hours ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

My thought exactly, he finally claimed his place in her apt. i  love love love how he looked at her and proposed her for the... third time? Everything was just simple and perfect. His father was going thru trial and now serving his time in jail. So, it is very real to not show wedding at the ending. Just simple question, can we get there as newlyweds?

@rosiepeonie188

Really love this gorgeously modest scripts which hidden meaning here and there.

My rewatching bears flowers and fruits and yield more beautiful traces. 

9 hours ago, bubblechoco said:

Seems Hyosun Unnie is a fan of the script! She always uses quotes from the drama for her caption!
I think they have hired some crew members who are based in Havana during their stay... so it kept to the minimum possible (and it is easier to manage too)

The group photo in Cuba includes the dancers too... how nice of them ^__^

But true I believe there are more unseen footages

@bubblechoco

I can not withdraw from Encounter /Boyfriend yet, I planned rewatching, reading this forum from day 1, and craved for more pics&clips&BTS&script book.

9 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

Already overcome my cold these few days n today I have a chance to seen epi 15-16 as a whole..this episodes, how I can say? It is beautiful journey of LOVE....they wrap it so neatly n beautifully until the very end..I can't tell u which scene that become highlight for me, becz every scene its a highlight..they broken hearted, me too, they cried, me too, they smile, me too.. For me its not merely love story about them, but love that surround them too..

N for the first time in this entire drama, I feel sorry for SH mom in the end but not with WS mom :phew: n I would like to give Best Friend award for Sec. Jang n HI, thank u for sec.Jang for always being with SH from the beginning n the one that can be frank n care for SH with her own way ; HI thank u for not turn into 'villain' that backstabbing JH, thank u for stay loyal as JH best friend that he could have (though u did say to SH to stay away from JH, I didn't saw it as a great threat) n Cupid Award for Nam Ahjusshi, u are such lovable cupid :heart:

Anyway, Encounter has brought up us till this far..from the beginning we hear about the story that its to boring, the main leads doesn't have chemistry, SHK lack of expression (What the...!!!), PBG act to ordinary (what the...!!!) and so on, but still all of us remain here continuously support it till the end.. we never stop analyzing, never stop the guessing game in every episode, never stop to continuously ask the writer n PD-nim for amazing second Cuban kiss+proper bed scene :P hahaha (n seriously I never bored watching their kisses,so beautiful :wub:, n it give me quite standard on how an actor n actress would kiss, if it make my heart flutters I will keep it in mind for a long, long, long time :rolleyes:).. I will miss JH serious eyes, miss JH n SH hands with their rings on, miss their kisses, hugs :tears: i will miss Encounter.. beautiful drama in the end of 2018 n early 2019 indeed..

Hide contents

Why is there no mag photo shoot for SHK x PBG combo?????whyyyyyyy?? its the same with DOTS..sighhh..

Chingus, I hope to see u in another drama thread again (for me, I have to relax first n find another drama that I see it interesting enough n that maybe take me sometime :D)

@redbeanbuns

I can feel every words in your comment. 

8 hours ago, nikir said:

And, I still have a few silly questions abt the ending..if any of you could kindly clarify my poor soul!! 

1) It looks like JH's mom approval and then JH's sweet letter was the turning point!! Does that mean that CSH is no longer guilty abt burdening his family?Or she is convinced that their family is completely ok with it and so things will get better? or she is just not letting her guilt stand in her way of true happiness?

2) Do we know when CSH father is coming out of prison? how many years? 

3) Nothing is shown about JH visiting CSH mom after she turned a new leaf..so that is left to our interpretation?

4) Why didn't WS mom ask WS to become sole CEO of Donghwa hotel and oust CSH? Is it coz she knew her son won't do it? She had already warned him that she wouldn't spare him if he didn't do what she wanted..so why didn't she ask/threaten him? Coz she is going to prison?

@nikir

I guessed as follow:

1. KJH’s mom said in the way of approval and invited CSH to have a meal at home again.

However, CSH can not leave her concern/own guilt to probably trouble KJH and family, her dad unlocked by let her ask herself.

CSH’s Dad: “I know why you want to take care of those around you. 

You could live the rest of your life feeling that way?”

Definitely, KJH sent her shoes to finally make her guilt wall down with his true love.

Plus, she saw her own pictures taken during their dating time, she can smile with happiness only when she was with KJH.  

It is like why not give KJH and herself a chance of happiness, no need to fear guilt. 

- Mr. Nam gave a clue of CSH’s dad’s jail time might be nearly end. 

Actually CSH’s father has never been investigated with doubt from the officials  but he honorably confessed himself, the punishment might not be long.

“I visited Jong Hyun yesterday. We talked about hiking after his release. 

3. No such scenes. Anyway, if KJH tags along with CSH everywhere, they probably visit CSH’s mom’s new gallery together.

For Donghwa Hotel,  ex-husband held majority shares larger than CSH and Taekyeong Group. 

In ep15, Ex-husband offered his whole shares to CSH to be biggest majority shareholders, CSH has been convinced by the director who closed to her family and used to influence CSH’s father for CSH’s marriage in the past but she rejected receiving.

Donghwa hotel can not be intervened by Taekyeong Group because of ex-husband’s majority share, the rest other than much less than ex-husband’s and CSH’s share which can not do any adverse effect to CSH’s position. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 10