[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Still on withdrawal!!!:heartbreak::mask::scream:

No more sweet JinSoo couple!!!:tears::tears:

There are a lot of lines that I like in Encounter but this probably got me squealing:wub::love:

"I know its difficult but you need to know this. You can break up with me but I'm still going to love you. Let's make another bet! Either we'll break up like you wish or our love will conquer like I say."

I mean!!Yahhhh Kim Jin Hyuk!!How can you say that and expect us to be realistic in finding love???How can you be so dreamy??One Kim Jin Hyuk please!!:joy::joy:

I love how this drama combines art and literature that we can dissect and enjoy every bits and pieces. I also like how there are no crazy shenanigans. Looks like I'd be watching this over and over for months.:joy:

And is this part of a book? I want to buy one if possible and if its in english:joy:..the last lines at the end:

KJH: Among a multitude of stars, one stares down at me.

CSH: Among a multitude of people, I stare up at that one star.

Where, when, and as what will the two of us.

KJH: You, one so warm and me, one so tender

CSH/KJH: Meet again?

Ahhh..encounter is bringing back the bookish in me:joy::love:

• Like 16
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, nikir said:

Does this have English subtitles? 

This doesn’t exist yet :D , the production company will not start working on a director’s cut DVD unless they are happy with the number of interested queries.

This is just a fictitious demand survey it is not a formal sale, so no exchange of money. They are just collecting information. 

English subtitles available for 16 episodes, I don’t think they have subtitles for the extras i.e unseen videos, behind the scenes, commentary and interviews. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

Done watching the last episode. Just stop by to say I like the ending, super enjoy this drama, I smile brightly like Cha Soo Hyun when she is around Kim Jin Hyuk. Happy ending for everyone including me hehehe

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

Kyeopta!

Love PBG's sense of humor. 

Can anyone understand what PBG wrote in korean?  his writing is sooo difficult to decipher.. partly coz of the marker.  All i could make out was 'thank you'

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Cake is very beautiful esp inclusion of the camera n slippers...

Cake reads" if the sea's  job is to make waves, our job is to think of boyfriend" 

The same poem.. with the drama title:wub:

Edited by nikir
Misquoted the poem
  • Like 10
  • Love 5

Awww love that pic...thanks @gumtaek

I’ve been waiting for SHK and PBG pic together outside the drama.  Hope production team will release a blue ray/dvd with tons of bts of them together.  I just want to see more of our JinSoo coz I’m starting to miss them  :bawling:

• Like 13
  • Love 4

@gumtaek

Hello my dear chingu,

That beautiful pic of our lovely couple brings a smile to my face right away!

Awww.....They look so sweet together....hehe.. (please let me just fangirl them since the drama ended)    :D

Thank you for sharing. PD NIM - I really want to give you  hug for pairing this amazing couple. They're super talented and super beautiful. How can we let go of the drama? I can't. I demand a special episode next week!!

P/s: Mostly, I see PBG's closed lips smile in the party pics. So glad I get to see him smile showing his lovely white teeth when he's cutting the cake with Kyo......haha..

Gratz for a an amazing drama, both of you!

• Like 9
  • Love 15

1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

Thank you Encounter for being so meaningful and heartwarming. And thank you for this thread with everyone's lively discussion and analysis. Thank you for the live recaps. Thank you to each and everyone here. Good night.

@htk9207

Love all of your mentioned point in the comment indeed, beautifully described. 

1 hour ago, nikir said:

Love PBG's sense of humor. 

Can anyone understand what PBG wrote in korean?  his writing is sooo difficult to decipher.. partly coz of the marker.  All i could make out was 'thank you'

@nikir

I do not understand what he said and what he wrote.

Could you please explain what they were talking?

1 hour ago, nikir said:

Cake is very beautiful esp edition of the camera n slippers...

Cake reads" if the waves job is to think of dra, it's our job to think of boyfriend" 

The same poem.. with the drama title:wub:

@nikir

I am not the type of appreciating poem but I did in every word Kim Jin Hyuk mentioned. 

KJH made me remind to read more and go to bookstore more often while CSH made me wanna start appreciating arts. (while I ignore museums when on trip) 

1 hour ago, jl08 said:

And if the sons are smart after watching "Boyfriend", they surely will say "I love her a much as I love my mum, dad and brother/sister".  Sure-win formula, thanks to this drama.   :D

I like that we can learn so much from this cliche love story - press on, don't give up. Love conquers all.

From the party pics posted, I surmise that both PBG and SHK attract gals and guys like bees to honey...lol. It's obvious especially for SHK who is surrounded by lots of fanboys....can't you blame them? It's like seeing divine beauty right in front of you!

All's well that ends well. Thanks to SHK and PBG for doing an amazing drama together.

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1