[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

8 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Same!

If the time jump happened during the break up then I would’ve raged so hard. Time jumps during break ups and the subsequent rushed reunion after are unbelievable for me because feelings change over time. That’s just how it works

Anyway, glad they used the time jump wisely here, oh thank you drama gods as this was my biggest fear. I have several questions tho before hibernating soon!

1. How long is Congressman Cha’s prison sentence?

More importantly...

2. Will we ever see that Santiago trip in our digital screens, not just our heads?!! (You’ve teased us TWICE, PD, TWICE :P)

Finally...

3. Will I ever get over the fact that my prediction for a Cuba ending in the garden of love didn’t happen?!! (Seriously, that was ny prediction since episode 1 LMAO)

About the time jump I'm thankful the writer took pity on us and didn't let it happen during the break up. :D

Regarding the ending, trust me I really imagined it would end in the Cuba garden as well. Until I realized that just like in the movie Notting Hill, the playground ( it's a special bench inside a private garden in NH ) holds a special meaning for the couple. JinSoo met in the playground right after JH started working in DH hotel. It's the place SH went to when she was sad and missing him. They spent time there apart and together. So it was just befitting that when they finally reunited it was at the playground. The writer wonderfully showcased how ordinary happiness could be so special. Even the ending showed them simply walking together. Like any couple in love, doing ordinary stuff together. Cherishing the time they are together is what makes it so special. ❤

On a serious note I was anxious about the prison term as well. I read that it takes years. 

• Like 17
  • Love 3

Just finished watchinf Episode 15

At first I was trying to remember all good lines, in the end I just waved my hands and said  bolla!! Every line was wonderfully, heartfully, incredibly written. Simple yet so deep. All the actors acted how they should have acted. Even the supporting roles were on point :sweatingbullets: It’s unbelievable. Lol

I just love how persistent KJH is without being stalker-ish or needy. I love how he gave enough space without being pushy. I love how I can almost see CSH walls slowly being chipped away bit by bit again, until when she saw the shoes, you can almost see her walls collapsing down. Letting love in! Making happiness come in! By God! SHK nailed that part! I just wanna jump for joy and give her a big hug for nailing each of it!

And finally, the scene when he was walking up to KJH, and KJH is walking down the stairs, snow is falling down hard. CSH sees KJH first like when KJH saw CSH in episode 2. I love how desperate the kiss was and how sweet and so full of longing and meaning! Ahhhhhh~~~ :bawling:

I am so glad I stayed out of my ig tonight. It made me value this episode more!

Gosh. I feel like crying by just realizing I wouldnt be expecting this drama every Wed and Thur anymore :bawling: 

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

Aside from Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun, we have to mention about the scene between Jin Hyuk and Hye In!

I loved how she confessed and expressed that she liked the moments of being with him. She liked him, but she did not love him. 

She saw that it takes two people to love each other and she happily rooted for Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun. I loved that genuine moment between these two friends! I think it is a rare moment we see in Korean dramas, right? 

• Like 17
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh chingu, @stardustvoid

You actually made me cry when you pressed the sad reaction :tears:

I have noticed the Encounter team must really be reading this thread. They almost answered all what we were mostly discussing about and almost all our wishes:

1) at first we argued about CSH dad not having any backbone. Now, look what the writer made him do!

2) KJH mom not being motherly and wanting value more than relationships. In the end she showed how being a witness, showed her love for her daughter

3) NO TIME JUMP while breaking up.

4) We wanted KJH and CSH to break down and cry. The sure did! Especially our boy KJH!

5) I wanted KJH to fight for her and remind her if she asks for a break up again and THAT IS WHAT HE DID!

.... i forgot all the other things I asked and we argued/discussed. Help me out!

I am just so thankful to the Cast and Crew! PD-nim, Writer-nim! JOB WELL DONE! :star::kiss:

• Like 14
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 2

2 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I figured as much. The playground scene was so beautifully done, with the snow and background music. The kiss was so beautiful too. It’s like everything came full circle. I’ll remember it for years to come. It hit me right in the feels

And yes, ditto on ordinary happiness being so special. It’s very true and relates to everyone, regardless of age and social status!

@dukesa1122 just the thought of no new still cuts, filming pictures and episodes is driving a truck through my fragile heart.

How can I ever move on? I feel like I’m gonna go through the 5 stages of grief, starting with stage 1...

1. Denial 

“No, it’s not yet over! You see they haven’t announced anything for next week yet. What if there’s an epilogue or a special episode???”

Then I’m off to...

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

I agree! I agree! I agree!

I read from a book that the number of ordinary hours is more than the number of special hours. So definitely appreciate those ordinary moments/hours of life. Jin Hyuk's appreciation for the ordinariness transcended into Soo Hyun's life and family. I mean her father was smiling so wide in prison! 

I also loved that her father said he thought he was chasing for happiness for his wife, daughter and himself. But the moment he let go of "chasing for that happiness" and decided to align back things to where they were, he seemed so much lighter and happier. 

I hope this light and love you felt in this drama will transcend into your life! Share that light and love to let JH and SH's story live on within you :heart:

• Like 17
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

I think Encounter's average ratings should be more than 8%? Another successful drama for both SHK and PBG, buzz-wise and rating-wise. 

Well I did the math and Average is 8.475%

• Like 16
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

i am the type that can not let go of the drama so fast and immediately watch for another drama.  After love in the moon light, i only managed to complete 1 drama so far - my mister LOL.

so please keeps posting your review / analysis /pictures / tweets, i will  read daily.  i will take my time and post slowly about  JIn Huk was inspired by some of real life bogum's behaviour. Let's go together to reach 500 pages boyfriend family.

• Like 16
  • Love 4

I cant bring myself to watch the final episode with eng subtitle bec it really means its goodbye for this beautiful drama!:astonished::bawling: Am I weird or what?:lol: This drama is my cup of tea!No I'm not bias!Its not makjang but just real life happening!To the actors, writer, director and staff, thank you!You all worked hard for bringing us Boyfriend/Encounter!:wub::heart:

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

After last night, there are 101 thoughts in my mind. 

I don't want to dwell on goodbyes , im not ready for that.

I just want first to thank and think of Jin Hyuk...

JH , the boyfriend....

What if he was not there at morro cabana just in time when Sh was about to fall? What if he gave up when Sh broke up with him?

JH, the boyfriend

Every character he came across has experienced changes in their lives, in their perspectives... from Sh, Sh parents, his family, his friends, his officemates, Mr. Nam, Samuel...

JH, the boyfriend

I've learned so many things from him, especially from life itself

How i wish when i was 30, i had a mind like his.

Oh... Jin Hyuk-ssi

These scenes... from the moment Sh open the shoe box up to their kiss at the playground... aahhhh, Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk...

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

I put this together before the finale week. Features one of my all time favourite song, Hold On by Michael Buble. 

Everytime the song came up in my playlist, Kim Jun Hyuk’s face come to mind. The lyrics seems to feel like it’s from his mind. 

So here is. Sharing here since I will not be around as much anyway. 

PD nim! Writer nim! Thanks for the ending. I love you :wub:

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3