[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@gumtaek thank you for that picture, I I love it, cutting their cake while smiling and look at their hands together... I hope they are close now like Yoo Ah In and SHK in real life just like a real Noona dongsaeng friendship... will miss both of them as CSH and KJH..

Wishing they can work together again...

• Like 13
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

The castmembers can't even afford to fall ill. (I think I heard Kyo sniffing in the last scene)

Haha, that might be the reason why audiences lost the smooch in the last date which PBG&SHK have just filmed to save PBG for his fan meeting this Saturday free of the cold. 

Haha...so that's why I demand a special episode to cover all the lost kisses to satiate our hunger since the Cuban balcony steamy kiss was dangled as a mere carrot to lure us hungry and innocent rabbits to the drama's den. 

And we're still being dangled right up to the last episode.

Why do I feel they're a little emotional in one of the pics.....I see Kyo holding a tissue and PBG looked solemn too.. I guess they really invested a lot of effort and emotions to bring us a great melodrama.

• Like 8
  • LOL 11

This is what PBG wrote ( credit to Hubby’s limited Korean)

”pretty (girl’s name Hye in?)! Thanks for brightening the set with your cute voice.  It was fun working with you. Let’s meet again. God Bless! 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

:heart: it when :

1. We requested for hot and steamy kisses, they gave us “cold” but steamy kisses instead

2. We requested for 30mins-1hr of lovey dovey scene, they gave us 15mins lovely scene with 50s spent on the kissing scene

3. We thought love begin and completed in the Cuba garden, whilst all this time their love starts and completed at JH’s playground.... :sweat_smile:

Thank you to the writer, PD, the casts and crews for creating such a wonderful drama.

Thank you to fellow soompiers for all your posts here in this thread.

I enjoy it thoroughly. 

Till we meet again. 

:heart::heart::heart:

• Like 12
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Apart from the beautiful love story, I realized this when I thought about the characters..

All the 3 leads had moms who weren't perfect.. but that didn't stop any of them from respecting/ loving  their mom.. the leads ( including WS) don't agree with their moms and are even threatened, yet they don't raise their voice or show any disrespect... this seemed highly unrealistic.. but in the end the they are were able to change the mindset of their moms ( excluding ws mom) ... in a very calm manner.. which was profound to me..

Esp the way KJH handled his mother.. with care and affection and convinced her in his own way without any drama...this scene shows how thoughtful and calm he is.. he thinks a lot before he responds to any situation..  !!! Love doesn't change because ppl make mistakes.. he understands the reasoning behind the action..a beautiful learning indeed

None of the characters screamed or did any over the top acting .. which I have often noticed in many dramas.. the characters behavior was consistent with the role.. 

The pace of the drama.. right from Ep 1 to ep16 was  consistent.. very smooth took the very end.. never felt rushed at any time...

The background music .. gives me the feels everytime the leads meet or in every significant scene.. the silence when JH finds out about what his mom did....i was holding my breath  almost throughout ep 15.. the silence and the background music was perfect.. the music spoke in volumes what the audience felt..

I haven't watched many kdramas but i still think this is a rare masterpiece that I will watch again and again.. my comfort food!!

This is my first PBG drama and to be honest. I didn't find him appealing ( don't scold me) when I saw the teaser. But he is seriously amazing and handsome..esp in the emotional scenes and the stubborn look that he gives:wub:. I am soo waiting fwd for his next. am so happy I decided to watch this show. This  drama has definitely changed my perspective on many things.

SHK rocks!!! You guys have written so beautifully about her.  I don't even have to say anything.. just hope to see another of her drama soon pls.. not every 2 years!!

I have to look up on the other work of the PD n scriptwriter.. thank you for giving us Encounter with such a brilliant casting !!! Saranghaeyo

• Like 12
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 3

13 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Thank you for being brave”

Why do i feel like crying.

Kyo is crying in the pic, alright :tears:

Spoiler

I didn't know I can love her more but after taking all the backlash after this drama, and knowing that it could happen before she agreed to it but still taking on this role, makes me love her more. 

I just want to shield her. Why does everything have to be this hard for her :bawling: 

All the effing time.

Wish somebody would release vids of their party.

There's bound to be!

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6

Im not ready to let go of this drama, time to rewatched from ep 1 to ep 16 over and over again.. i wished they get an awards for this ...SHK and PBG, the writer and the PD they all deserve it for creating this amazing story, so heartfelt i loved it so much:tears: sad that its over...

• Like 15
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

Oh my, I remember JH had a line to SH. “Thank you for being brave” :wub:

@rosiepeonie188 hugs to you, chingu!

@stardustvoid

KJH understood how hard CSH decided before coming to see him again.

1 hour ago, nikir said:

I have to look up on the other work of the PD n scriptwriter.. thank you for giving us Encounter with such a brilliant casting !!! Saranghaeyo

@nikir

Well written about our Encounter. 

KJH is appealing.

PBG looks cute but he can create KJH to the KDrama to be appealing and manly from efforts eg.hard work out, preparatiom with looks and design of acting approach and the way of presenting.

I noticed very different in KJH’s speaking with short pause, KJH’s slowly blinking his eyes before saying a word, slowly move his hand, and the determined walking pace...All are not PBG’s.

KJH has told other characters in Encounter with thoughtful words which I think the writer wanna tell the people in the world who watch that

- When you are in love, let love the best with mind, words, actions.

He thinks positively to his girlfriend, appreciate his girlfriend with words, and do the best for her. : KJH understand or when he did not understand, he will try to explore.

- People in love do not mean they should care only girlfriend/Boyfriend BUT his or her parents&family are alway important. Gratefulness is another crucial humans’ value. : As KJH has done to parents and brother since he was 7. 

- Before we decide to do anything, we should collect sufficient inputs and thoroughly think before doing the action.: KJH has the thinking mode to slow down his pace.

CSH and her family implicitly told audiences we no need to care everybody and everything. Life is not long, Let enjoy.

To PBG and SHK who have done the best to create KJH and CSH to the Kdrama world and conveys all messages from written script to cinematography most beautiful ever, both of you have got passed with full scores and appreciations. 

Both of you’s challenges are really worthwhile finally.

Smile, Cry, and Laugh out loud with happiness for Encounter as Masterpiece. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2