[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@NongpeeP You are right, they are different from the people around them because they come from a different world... not just literally speaking (she comes from the upper social class, him from the lower middle-class) but also she represents the adulthood (worries, seriousness), whereas he embodies the youth and innocence.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

==============

@bubblechoco Or anyone who know::

By the way, I have a question from the welcoming card to newly hired employee, who wrote with handwriting on Kim Jin Hyuk’s card? What did the handwriting mean? 

Why did another newly hired employee have no hand writing? 

Thank you in advance.

It's because Jinhyuk wrote something there!
I forgot what he has written though... should be nothing meaningful

Probably something to remind him to work hard as I see "Fighting" at the end

• Like 5
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

It's because Jinhyuk wrote something there!
I forgot what he has written though... nothing meaningful though

Probably something to remind him to work hard as I see "Fighting" at the end

Favor? Can you look into it more? maybe a still?

Because I was also wondering.

I think CSH actually scribbled a welcome note on that welcome card.

That's why he touched it while he was drafting a resignation letter. 

I would do it myself but i dont read hangul :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

6 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Favor? Can you look into it more? maybe a still?

Because I was also wondering.

I think CSH actually scribbled a welcome note on that welcome card.

That's why he touched it while he was drafting a resignation letter. 

I would do it myself but i dont read hangul :joy:

I tried but couldn't find it atm... maybe I'll look into that again... gimme some time ^__^

oh it's her? i might be wrong then

you can see a blurred version in the epilogue of EP7

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bubblechoco said:

I tried but couldn't find it atm... maybe I'll look into that again... gimme some time ^__^

oh it's her? i might be wrong then

you can see a blurred version in the epilogue of EP7

There's a more focused verion on Epi 15, the ending scene when he was drafting the resignation letter. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Thanks for the recap everyone! I look forward to watching the ep 15-16 tonite or this weekend.

It's good that not only CSH and JH is able to protect their love but they are also able to reconcile with their respective family members. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

@Jemrie wow that kissing gif thank you so much, can’t stop watching it :sweatingbullets: PBG can really kiss, looks so manly the way he holds CSH even when he is holding her head for more deep kissing... kudos to both of them for being so professional and acted being in love really well:wub:

• Like 15
  • Love 2

Couldn't resist read the spoilers. Or rather the recaps.

I am posting to thank you for the amazing recaps and gif. Its like watching the episode.

Happy with the outcome. This drama can be rewatched then. And I would advised it with the viki subs the songs are subbed.

The OTP are an amazingly beautiful couple. But thank god they both act ( talking all you bad casting in other dramas here) and had a good story to tell.

NICE. Now I can download the whole thing and recommend it to my mum. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

@NongpeeP thanks for posting the translation. Wow...I'm even more excited to watch the episode after watching your translation. 

This drama totally sends a good message that we should cherish our loved ones. Even when they are being difficult (such as JH's mom or CSH's mom), we should at least give them a chance and we should still continue to love them. What a heart warming message.

It's true that sometimes you don't need to argue viciously to change someone's hearts. JH wins his mom's approval through his consistent love...

I already know all of these messages but to implement it I think it's very difficult, which is very obvious from the reactions of all of us in this forum to JH's mom. We suggested JH to cut off his relationship and move out from the house. We suggested JH to confront his mom directly and immediately...

Should JH follow our suggestions, there will be more unnecessary drama ensued and his relationship with his mom is probably not going to be same...so Kudos to JH! You're indeed more mature than your age and I admit that you're more mature than me (even though I'm older) since I often react wrongly when those pressures arrive. You deserve to live happily with CSH.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

Hello! I have been a silent lurker in this forum. 

At first I did not check out this drama because I had to focus on my studies. 

However, I heard great things about the cinematography and acting under all the chaos of the age gap between PBG and SHK. 

I decided to give it a try because I always a sucker for beautiful cinematography. 

This story has some moments of typical kdrama moments.

But the dialogue amongst the characters is beautiful. Characters especially Soo Hyun and Jinhyuk learn to learn understand each other in a deeper level and love each other unconditionally. Their love contrasts with Soo Hyun's ex husband who is last seen in the living room where he is told his mom rejected his visitation appointment.  

The scenes between Soo Hyun and Jinhyuk's mom in the last two scenes were done so beautifully.

Soo Hyun understood Jinhyuk's mom. 

Jinhyuk's mom grew to understand her son and Soo Hyun.

The gesture of the mom giving Soo Hyun the side dishes was small yet precious. And with love, Soo Hyun held onto and came back to Jinhyun. With love, she also grew with her family, too. These moments taught me to love my family a little bit more. This drama taught me to guide life with love.

Thank you to the cast and crew for telling a beautiful story. And, lastly, thank you to all the people who commented in this forum. All of you made me appreciate this wonderful story even more! 

• Like 16
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

@NongpeeP

KJH and his mom scene at the bus stop was so touching. But I was even more touched when she went to bring the side dishes to SH. So when JH gave back SH her pair of shoes, I was already crying. This time they're tears of happiness. :P I won't rewatch episode 15 though, it's not good for my heart. I'll just rewatch episode 16 to my heart's content. :lol: Thanks for the translations. Still waiting for subs.

• Like 13
  • Love 3