[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

@autumnight

I don't just need to see him smile, I would rather see him smile than cry his heart out. His sparkly smile cheer me up, whereas his crying wants me to curse the person who made him cry. 

As someone who usually watches variety shows and action/comedy genre, I find this episode overwhelming :vicx: Even the preview for this episode was too much :sweatingbullets: But the preview for tomorrow looks optimistic with JH opening up the window, letting the light comes through and a photo of a smiling SH. I'm pretty sure we're getting a happy ending. 

Spoiler

If you want to see Bogum's smiles, come on over to PBG's thread where we wonder every day why he hasn't done a toothpaste CF yet :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

@bubblechoco I think they kept the script right, they didn’t spend too much time on needless things and gave screen time to everyone. Like it made sense that WS would want to reach out to SH but there is character development since their last conversation, he respects the fact that he shouldn’t overstep. So no regression and positive growth.

SH’s mother realizing her mistakes but very realistically done, no immediate hugs and words of love between mother and daughter. The entire exchange didn’t insult the viewers intelligence, things aren’t hunky dory but there is progress here.

JH seeking out the old widow because she is the only one he can speak to, it was interesting to note that the widow didn’t tell him about her and SH’s conversation. It shows she knows more about JH’s personality than his mother, I think if she felt any real doubt that JH wouldn’t be able to overcome this trial she would have told him despite breaking her promise to SH. 

JH’s dad reprimanding his wife but not betraying her by telling JH, he has an honorable personality and one could see how disappointed he was with her.Driver Nam holding a mirror to SH, telling her to be brave. Sec Jang and JM continue to be good supportive positive characters to the lead couple.

JH’s mother being troublesome made a lot of sense, though it wasn’t pleasant at all. If SH gets her love for paintings from her mom, I guess JH gets his stubbornness from his mom. <_< It wouldn’t do for her to take such a drastic step of confronting SH only to be normal in one episode. His mom has decades old biases that she is battling, I only wish they had shown this an episode or two earlier.

Slightly worried how they’re going to tie it all up into a tidy bow in a 60 minute episode.:huh:

@ahdrianaa I totallly agree with you. I don´t know which emoji I should choose Thanks or In Love or Insightful! :D

• Like 5

Go jinhyuk! Remain steadfast and prove to her that you’re there for the long haul. Remember, she loves you so much. You are the only person who can get her out of that shell. Love her even when it’s tough. Stay true to your promise that you will always be there for her. Remember, she needs you now more than ever. Love her in times of happiness, love her more in times of dispair. It takes a strong man to break through her walls, but don’t be swayed, you are also her kryptonite. Don’t let her be alone. Fight for her. 

Whaaaaaaaaa!!!!! So depressing

• Like 9
  • LOL 4

14 minutes ago, vvpal said:

I don't like it either, but he filmed in Cuba, so I had to fit him into the picture.  I'll trade 15 minutes of kissing for 3 minutes on El Malecon beach and 3 more minutes on the balcony/room at Hotel Havana.

Wow... u got my imagination running on full gear... 

Let’s be greedy and go big. I propose 3 mins kissing at El Malecon beach, 3 mins kissing at the balcony and 9 mins kissing (and more) in the room.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

5 minutes ago, dianss23 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

happy ending, maybe that is their kids, hoping, this definitely lift up my mood... their future together:wub:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU CHINGUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!:glasses:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote links, thanks! :)
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

@bubblechoco Ask and ye shall receive

5SvlL9u.gif

Anyway, I know we are all happy that JH is gonna fight for his love for SH but, correct me if I'm wrong because I'm basing this off the recaps tonight, what can he do exactly to change her mind? I'm not mad at her character, I'm just confused as hell. She ended things with him, she even took off her ring, then somehow the writer wants us to believe that she'll have a complete turnaround in the last 60 minutes of the show? I just cannot comprehend this, I'm sorry. Someone enlighten me? I promised to stay away for the night but this just keeps nagging at me

And what can SH do on her part to save the relationship? Because from what I've gathered, she was already ready to carry on with her life? I'm so confused. 

ETA: Maybe I ought to just wait for episode 16 lol

ETA: @dianss23 I think it would be best to put that under the spoiler tag?

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU CHINGUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!:glasses:

Your welcome, this picture made my day too, forgot being sad already... I love how SHK look at those kids, she looks so happy... yay for happy ending...

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

NICE.

Twins. Absolutely no other reason for it. Although hellò, its the 24th Jan.

That's ridiculous even by live filming standard. Yeah go JH mum no grandkids for you meanie.

@stardustvoid I am off to sleep so no deep profound answer. How about the fact she misses him? She never loved before and he is her first love. And she always had guts before when she succeeded in the hotel. 

Maybe all JH had to do was ask her to believe in herself and her feelings?  I am not sure if I want JH's mum to suddenly feel regretful and go to her.

Maybe now that SH has resolved her own issues with her parents, let go of Taegyeong- which I am sure were mentally draining- she has enough energy to fight for the relationship.

In real life when someone has many stressors, a little thing can tip the balance. For SH maybe it was JH's mum. But once all the other obstacles are removed JH's mum won't seem as overwhelming?

Sorry this is me in work mode. We call this a situational crisis at work. I don't think we have time for any other thing other than SH misses him so much she can't live without him. And a persistent, confident JH who won't give up on her. Plus I guess- since this is a Kdrama- there HAS to be a photo moment somewhere where they snap a photo of her. Or a photo of them together.

For completeness sake. If the writer is thorough and pays attention to details. To bookend ep 1 and ep 16.

Night. Yawn. Been up 21hrs.

• Like 9
  • LOL 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

I don't know why but seeing this makes me think there won't be a major chunk on Cuba (not correlated i know)

There are too many things to solve and too little time

T_T

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3

Thanks for the recap everyone. I was afraid that JH would resign and we get a time jump which doesn't solve anything. It's good to know that JH is not giving up. It sucks that SH is not able to hold on...but it's good that JH continues to persist. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I still don’t know when this rumor started but the actor who plays her ex husband was only confirmed on the 25th of October and the shoot in Cuba was over by then. So I don’t think it’s true.

@utkim lots of kissing and at least two babies? Enough to start with?

22 minutes ago, Cheryl295 said:

The ex husband was seen filming in Cuba? So it is sure then that he will have scenes in Cuba tomorrow.

How I wish the ending would be JinSoo kissing at Malecon Beach or at the Garden in Cuba. 

I read it here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/jang-seung-jo-joins-boyfriends-star-studded-cast/

Anyone else has other sources?

30 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I don't know why but seeing this makes me think there won't be a major chunk on Cuba (not correlated i know)

There are too many things to solve and too little time

T_T

That looks like a major time jump so for this drama's sake I hope that's the epilogue

Spoiler

There still so many things to resolve in 60 minutes 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Oh no, that picture got leaked.

well if it is leaked already, I’m going to leave this here.

736-AFD67-D664-48-DA-9-AD3-489-B32-B964-

if they really have two kids then this is excellent foreshadowing. The elevators symbolizing the actual birth canal, there is a sign in English between the two elevators that says for visitors only. Maybe they are getting two visitors, their own kids. 

The drama did this in another episode too, when SH openly revolts against her mom for the first time, there is this tight shot of a flight of stairs and it stays on the mother while SH walks away after cutting ties with her mom. That scene looked like it was symbolic of the severing of the umbilical cord between a mother and her child.

This was another effective use of art, the wind trying to blow away KJH and he is trying to fight against it. 

4-F8-F2127-9216-4-F2-D-85-D3-0-EAB91-E81

This time for reals, adieu. Too drained after this episode.

@vvpal shooting in Cuba finished on 23rd October, he was only finalized on the 25th. I think DB got wrong information.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 9
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

Anyway, I know we are all happy that JH is gonna fight for his love for SH but, correct me if I'm wrong because I'm basing this off the recaps tonight, what can he do exactly to change her mind? I'm not mad at her character, I'm just confused as hell. She ended things with him, she even took off her ring, then somehow the writer wants us to believe that she'll have a complete turnaround in the last 60 minutes of the show? I just cannot comprehend this, I'm sorry. Someone enlighten me? I promised to stay away for the night but this just keeps nagging at me

And what can SH do on her part to save the relationship? Because from what I've gathered, she was already ready to carry on with her life? I'm so confused. 

I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

I don't know. Maybe she'll be the one who grabs him back this time. (That run in the preview)

Maybe someone will finally enlighten her to "just think about yourself and care less about the others"; and when she realises she's on the verge of losing him (Jinhyuk might be going somewhere), there's no room for hesitation? Maybe she'll start thinking of the good memories in Cuba too? (It's floating in her brain somewhere,  too emotionally drained to think of that, yes.)

I'm worried the writer has added too much stubbornness (i might be using the wrong word) in her character. And I wholeheartedly refuse this. She is the best female lead that I've seen in a while and I like her to the point that I can brush her flaws aside. I do not want her character to be flawed in a meaningless way. NO!

• Like 14
  • Insightful 1

11 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

That looks like a major time jump so for this drama's sake I hope that's the epilogue

Must be the epilogue. Soohyun seems to have a longer hairstyle! Whoa!

Spoiler

I suddenly thought of two dramas, MLSS and SG
Both of the dramas... The OTP ended up together despite the male lead's mother strongly opposed of their relationship
The latter OTP even have a bunch of kids! <3

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Anyway, I know we are all happy that JH is gonna fight for his love for SH but, correct me if I'm wrong because I'm basing this off the recaps tonight, what can he do exactly to change her mind? I'm not mad at her character, I'm just confused as hell. She ended things with him, she even took off her ring, then somehow the writer wants us to believe that she'll have a complete turnaround in the last 60 minutes of the show? I just cannot comprehend this, I'm sorry. Someone enlighten me? I promised to stay away for the night but this just keeps nagging at me

ETA: @dianss23 I think it would be best to put that under the spoiler tag?

My sense is that SH is still very much in love with JH. Her taking off her ring etc just show to us she lacks the confidence that they being together will bring him happiness. Possibly, she fears that they will have to part eventually when her very public life becomes too unbearable for JH or his family so might as well end it earlier.

Thus, if JH refuses to leave even when she pushes him away, she will cave in and come back to him.

In the earlier episode, she attempted to leave JH after she read about him receiving bad press from media because of her. He refused the break up but gave her space instead. SH went to look for JH once she realised she missed him and needed him in her life.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

I don't know. Maybe she'll be the one who grabs him back this time. (That run in the preview)

Maybe someone will finally enlighten her to "just think about yourself and care less about the others"; and when she realises she' on the verge to lose him (Jinhyuk might be going somewhere), so there's no room for hesitation?

I'm worried the writer has added too much stubbornness (i might be using the wrong word) in her character. And I wholeheartedly refuse this. She is the best female lead that I've seen in a while and I like her to the point that I can brush her flaws aside.

@bubblechoco

I think as I mentioned in previous page, when CSH requested to break up, it is not mutual agreed; therefore, KJH can chase CSH and act as her boyfriend by asking any supported situations to meet CSH from Mr.Nam and Secretary Jang.

Compared to in early episodes when KJH has only himself and Mr.Nam to cheer him be with CSH, currently KJH has much more reinforced team to change CSH’s mind from 

- Mr.Nam who goes with CSH almost everywhere;

- CSH’s father whom CSH loves, cares, and listen;

- Secretary Jang who knows where CSH is and will be in coming days;

- Teacher Lee who knows what CSH thinks from private discusdion with CSH;

- KJH’s dad who is witty;

- KJH’s younger brother to cheer up;

- HI, might be when she realizes how much KJH loves CSH and CSH too

- PR director who closed to CSH for years and can tell KJH about CSH’s working status.

Compared to a woman as a girlfriend, CSH has the very important characteristic that a boyfriend can dream of.

Even CSH is very beautiful but she is not flirt or open opportunity to any other guys including her ex-husband who attempted very hard to court her, she is clear cut that she has no nice manner to other guys.

KJH realizes this CSH’s feature as a good girlfriend when he mentioned wherever she goes and whoever she meets, he knows her heart is with only him. 

Only one feature CSH has which might be annoying is sometimes underestimate and blame herself when she concerned KJH too much to trouble him from her too well known status but it might not be matter if KJH understands and always insists with actions. 

28 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

My sense is that SH is still very much in love with JH. Her taking off her ring etc just show to us she lacks the confidence that they being together will bring him happiness. Possibly, she fears that they will have to part eventually when her very public life becomes too unbearable for JH or his family so might as well end it earlier.

Thus, if JH refuses to leave even when she pushes him away, she will cave in and come back to him.

In the earlier episode, she attempted to leave JH after she read about him receiving bad press from media because of her. He refused the break up but gave her space instead. SH went to look for JH once she realised she missed him and needed him in her life.

@luvhollandlop

Agreed too.

Being CSH’s boyfriend, she might often hesitate, KJH has to try harder to insist with any possible ways to remain as her boyfriend, no need pride here, just pester because KJH loves CSH so much and CSH loves KJH very much.  

• Like 13
  • Insightful 2