[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

4 minutes ago, nikir said:

Am pretty sure it won't be rushed or mundane.. the level of importance they face to breakup. They spent almost 2 episodes .. so am sure there will be plenty of detailing in reunion as well...

Today's episode was my least favorite but I have to say that it was beautifully executed even though I hated all the tense scenarios.. again no unwanted scenes .. no over the top acting... what surprised was they made everyone hate JH mom in today's episode.. her expressions made it very obvious

The actress who played Yeonja surely has got great acting skills.

I watched some other dramas of hers and omg she makes you dislike her just by her expressions, let alone her lines and all that!

But tell me, did any of the character become toxic and meaninglessly-flawed? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Ep 16 preview

rough translation

<You can break up with me but i will continue to love>

Cutting all ties with Taegyong causes all to break loose. Soo Hyun who has been holding on keeps pushing her own happiness away. Meanwhile Jin Hyuk is preparing last gift to Soo Hyun

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, ahdrianaa said:

JH especially touched my heart today. 

The scene where JH is heaving on the floor because he is crying, it actually sounded like the real thing. When you cry so hard that you’re fighting to breathe properly. That sound he made was heartbreaking.

When he asked her why she was throwing him away, the hurt in his voice. 

@ahdrianaa   same here.  i could feel his pain from his voice alone.  His voice morphed, changed as his heart was stuck in his throat.  bogum nailed it with his voice acting.  i can not breath hearing his crack voice.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I think it's the quality and impact rather than quantity/duration of how bad the character is.....

well, tbh, I wish the PD and scriptwriter had taken a different route from the usual K drama...like resolving issues and breakup at the last episode. It is better to focus on happiness in the last 2 episodes since this drama is so beautiful..

I totally agree. 3 episodes back to back to back of angst is too draining. I’m a mess right now. I’m not really putting my hopes up too high for the finale but I know it’s gonna be a happy ending tho. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

I Haven't seen   tonight's episode yet. but base on the comments here ,SH will go to Cuba JH might follow her and might reconcile. Seeing how determine he is on the ending of tonight's episode ( I just refer to the pictures posted here tonight). He will probably not going to stop pursuing SH ( we all know how determined/stubborn he is). 

the ending might be:

1. They will reconcile in Cuba- meet at the cafe again where in the previous episode we saw that JH left a note asking if SH has a boyfriend.

2. SH will leave a note in the same cafe again on her last day in Cuba and then JH will arrived but too late so he will run to the airport and see SH there.  ( or there might be time lapse- they will meet in Airport in Korea like the previous episode JH will see SH outside the airport walking with sec.Jang- this time he will go after her not just watch her leave like in the other episode). 

I don't know, just these crazy ideas are running in my head right now. Maybe I was thinking too much on what the ending will be.

PS. 
Pardon me for writing this. Like what I have said, I haven't seen the episode yet. 
I don't know, just these crazy ideas are running in my head right now. Maybe I was thinking too much on what the ending will be. Maybe all rooting for a happy ending.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Omg I’m working ATM (i didnt leave my phone at home) and I’m silently reading all the live recap because I cant reply because (yes) I’m working. :sweat:

I was crying when they broke up (God bless SHK and PBG’s face all ugly like that!). My patient got scared asked if his condition was something serious. :sweatingbullets: (Which rewarded with a serious stare from my head nurse. SMH).

Although this episode was effing sad, I have no negative comments about it. Feeling sad and emotional is all part of creating entertainment as long as it ends happily. I wouldnt want all lovey dovey scenes.

Seriously though, if I dont see a full blown make out sessionS next episode, well LET’S FLY TO KOREA! :triumph:

• Like 7
  • LOL 11

20 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

It would have been nice if KJH just suddenly kiss her here, and said that he will never give her up.. will really cure our pain and their pain...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote links, thanks! :)
  • Like 6
  • LOL 4

@bubblechoco I think they kept the script right, they didn’t spend too much time on needless things and gave screen time to everyone. Like it made sense that WS would want to reach out to SH but there is character development since their last conversation, he respects the fact that he shouldn’t overstep. So no regression and positive growth.

SH’s mother realizing her mistakes but very realistically done, no immediate hugs and words of love between mother and daughter. The entire exchange didn’t insult the viewers intelligence, things aren’t hunky dory but there is progress here.

JH seeking out the old widow because she is the only one he can speak to, it was interesting to note that the widow didn’t tell him about her and SH’s conversation. It shows she knows more about JH’s personality than his mother, I think if she felt any real doubt that JH wouldn’t be able to overcome this trial she would have told him despite breaking her promise to SH. 

JH’s dad reprimanding his wife but not betraying her by telling JH, he has an honorable personality and one could see how disappointed he was with her.Driver Nam holding a mirror to SH, telling her to be brave. Sec Jang and JM continue to be good supportive positive characters to the lead couple.

JH’s mother being troublesome made a lot of sense, though it wasn’t pleasant at all. If SH gets her love for paintings from her mom, I guess JH gets his stubbornness from his mom. <_< It wouldn’t do for her to take such a drastic step of confronting SH only to be normal in one episode. His mom has decades old biases that she is battling, I only wish they had shown this an episode or two earlier.

Slightly worried how they’re going to tie it all up into a tidy bow in a 60 minute episode.:huh:

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Slightly worried how they’re going to tie it all up into a tidy bow in a 60 minute episode.

Yes lot of loose ends to tie up..esp on the issues between JH n SH.. coz the way CSH broke up.. there will never be full trust till they get married..

All issues except JH mom n their love will be resolved pretty fast trow.. but how are they going to develop CSH personality in 1 hour.. she has to learn to let go of her fears. I guess this is why they are going for a time jump.. she will gradually  become confident n strong free over time thanks to JH impact n finally think abt herself

• Like 6
  • Insightful 6

59 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I think it's the quality and impact rather than quantity/duration of how bad the character is.....

well, tbh, I wish the PD and scriptwriter had taken a different route from the usual K drama...like resolving issues and breakup at the last episode. It is better to focus on happiness in the last 2 episodes since this drama is so beautiful..

Could it be SH running to look for him since he seems to be staying alone somewhere....with snow....

To be honest, Encounter as a whole, is already so much better than I expected.

When I first read the synopsis, I thought, omg it's another noona-romance drama, and chaebol family is involved! (Nothing wrong with that)

Because of this, I thought:

- The male lead is going to be childish at times, self-abased of the difference between himself and the female lead, tries to drag her down to his level and persuades her to give up everything to live a simple life - and that creates a lot of pointless conflict / argument.

- Jinhyuk's best friend (Hyein) is going to destroy OTP after learning of their relationship. Thus will agree to write the anonymous article.

- The chaebol family will do everything to destroy Jinhyuk (e.g. harassing his family, fruit store, people around them, spread malicious rumours, etc)

- Wooseok is a cunning, wicked person that will give OTP a hard time, won't leave them alone with a second of peace.

- This drama will not focus on romance, but family-war and business-war (Lots of melodramas are like this, they convert to something else midway)

- It will not solely focus on OTP and depicts the life of the supporting cast A LOT to the point that I got so fed up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's all I can remember at the moment. Might be more but my brain is currently dead T_T

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

Since jh’s mom is so stubborn, I hope jh moves out of her house and live with SH...eh , what can she do :P

joking aside, I do think both need some times to sort out what is important and what’s not. Times to absorb and sort things out, we all need it at times. I think they won’t drag out at ep 16 , a happy ending with a lot of kisses and maybe babies , I believe  :tounge_wink:

• Like 11
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3