[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Crazy theory time!

Maybe the ending scene of episode 15 is JH telling SH he is planning to resign? Maybe he sorts of give her his two weeks notice and gives her space. 

Then he resigns and pursues other things, photography perhaps. He subsequently finds a place of his own. CSH's life falls back into place in terms of becoming free from TG and repairing her relationship with her mom. Then time jump *shudders*? 

I know they'll reunite somehow but under what circumstances?

Maybe Grandpa Samuel invites JH to the Cuba hotel opening (LMAO) and he crosses paths with SH there. That explains his long hair in the early teasers for this drama that wasn't used in the Cuba scenes! Then cut to the epilogue with the twin boys!! :P

I kid, I kid. Don't mind me, I'm going crazy

Kidding aside, that slow mo run of CSH in the preview is giving me a glimmer of hope that they'll patch things up soon enough in episode 16

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, ihyw said:

Sorry for cutting your post. Would never have thought of that parallel: JH like WS not protecting SH from his mother. Yikes, that's really horrible.  I hope JH would have protected SH if he knew his mother had contacted her.  I don't think he would have stood by like WS watching the degradation and just giving her an expensive consolation gift afterwards.  But JH  not directly confronting his mother at breakfast, his acting as though nothing had happened, was really weird though. You are right. How could he not say anything when his mother hurt SH like that.  

I am sure JH will put a closure to this with his Mom.

Unlike "the Woo Seok during his marriage to Cha Soo Hyun", however, Jin Hyuk had 2 attempts---one, unsuccessful because the mother insisted she was tired to talk and the second, when he asked his mother to eat out---he made it very clear to his mother that Soo Hyun is not just a guest but a person who has transformed him into a decent and that he loves her. When the mother said that she, unlike Soo Hyun, will always love him, Jin Hyuk interjected firmly that Soo Hyun, too, will love him faithfully, her love for him will never change. 

We learn from Soo Hyun that one of the reasons for her misery during her marriage to Woo Seok was that he was merely an observer to all the abuses Soo Hyun suffered from his mother during their marriage. He saw all these and allowed them by not doing anything about these until he came up with the flawed and fatal decision of divorcing her to spare her from further misery. In Jin Hyuk's case, he was left in the dark about his mother's meeting with Soo Hyun but had he known about it and had he been there, he would spared and protected Soo Hyun from the hurtful words of his mother and would have firmly but respectfully rejected the her mother's plea to break up with her.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

I think Jinhyuk will gift Soohyun a photobook of their love journey together as the last present before he goes off to somewhere

Maybe this is why Soohyun runs off in the preview?

I'm really sad now T__T

I'm already used to lurk around and check if there's spoilers for almost 2-3 months....
and I couldn't find any today... not anymore T__T

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

tumblr_ploi6v4zFH1tmjt2ko6_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ploi6v4zFH1tmjt2ko7_540.gif

tumblr_ploi6v4zFH1tmjt2ko8_540.giftumblr_ploi6v4zFH1tmjt2ko1_540.gif

heartou 

Having interest in someone is a fight between the certainty and doubt of liking someone. That certainty and doubt cross with each other like tides. When that doubt fades away and all that’s left is certainty… that’s when love begins.

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

Surprisingly, I sympathize JH's mom. Since the beginning, we already know her view about how a woman's life should be. She doesn't want anything complicated and she believes a woman's life should revolve around her family, aka the husband and children.  There is nothing right or wrong in this. People simple should just choose to live the way they feel comfortable with and this works for JH's mom.

She is wrong in deciding for her son how his life should be. That is wrong for sure because JH is an adult who can take responsibility for the choices he makes and he is willing to sacrifice and work out things to be with SH. But her reaction is, well, quite normal for me, given the real-life situation. SH's life is complicated; she is older than JH and is a divorced woman; even though she is rich and famous, this is not what JH or his family pursues anyway. Tell me, if you are in mom's shoe, are you happy with such a future daughter-in-law? Are you happy when everything around that daughter-in-law seems to go straight to the press, when people point fingers and talk bad about your son and family? When you son gets his job based on his own ability but is deemed as someone who relies on a woman to get is and get transferred to a remote area; what is next, a foreign country or someone much further?

She knows her action hurts SH and JH but she hopes in the long term, it is the right thing to do to protect her son. I love how JH does not confront his mother right away because he understands why she does such things. He is about to lose SH; he can't lose his mom also; SH can take the pain but mom doesn't. They are after all two women he loves most in the whole world and he can't choose only one of them. There is a crack in his relationship with mom for sure and these two really need to sit down and talk frankly with each other for one.  

What JH's mom does is no different that what IH and MJ does; just that the consequence is more severe. The happiness JH feels when falling in love with SH, it is not something people can understand overnight. It is a process that takes time to observe and comprehend; JH and SH's friends finally stand by their love even though they protest at first.  JH's dad is more understanding; plus JH confides in him and asks for his support. Mom's reaction is partly because how JH keeps things from her. If he also sincerely asks for her support in the beginning and gradually lets her know how happy and blessed she is when he is in love, maybe things will be better. 

In real life,  we can find mothers with much worse reactions than JH's mom.   She is also miserable with her action; when she sees her son suffer and realizes how SH means to him, she will back down. Because after all, what she does is based on her motherly instinct.

@vu_hoa1983

I can feel KJH’s mom’s motherly instinct too.

I came from Asian culture, KJH’s mom is very typical in many families.

Plus, there will often be a fine tuning match when sons grow up, have girlfriend, and plan to start their own family. 

Likewise, it will be KJH’s time to voice his preference with life plan to his mom to understand that KJH put his thorough thoughts and effort to reflect his maturity and his wanna-be-a-better-person as he mentioned once to his mom. He has already explained to mom once but he has had to keep explaining to express his firm deed.

It might be very tough to start this action with mom he loves and always treats her nicely and kindly for his whole life, from his value in life of the gratefulness.

By the way, what I wanna praise the script about break up even I did not like break up is CSH’s choice to explain KJH with love and care in every word as she learnt from her ex-husband’s bad break up not to hurt or harm from asking separation.

Google translate:

"Why are you throwing me away?" All my heart is torn. (The heat) tvN < Boyfriend > Broadcast 9:30 tonight #tvN#수목드라마#남자친구#송혜교#박보검

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

There's news that today, Jan. 24, there will be a soccer match at 10pm and the article says it might impact on the ratings of the shows/dramas in the same time slot. In the case of Boyfriend, it will overlap with the soccer match since it starts 30 minutes earlier at 9:30pm. Let's hope that the viewers will stay glued to the episode until it ends. After all, it's the finale.

• Like 4
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 2

I said I won’t be here but here I am anyway. Lol. 

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

Crazy theory time!

Maybe the ending scene of episode 15 is JH telling SH he is planning to resign? Maybe he sorts of give her his two weeks notice and gives her space. 

Kidding aside, that slow mo run of CSH in the preview is giving me a glimmer of hope that they'll patch things up soon enough in episode 16

Nice prediction! But mine would be like this. 

He told her, okay. Let’s break up (since he disagrees when she told him they need too) and left (after a kiss or two, I hope). And then he tendered his resignation and came to see CSH one last time (when he drives her home). 

Next day, CSH got his resignation and dashed out of her office. 

Kiss and make up time! Or even better, tumble and make up! :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

41 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I think Jinhyuk will gift Soohyun a photobook of their love journey together as the last present before he goes off to somewhere

Maybe this is why Soohyun runs off in the preview?

I'm really sad now T__T

I'm already used to lurk around and check if there's spoilers for almost 2-3 months....
and I couldn't find any today... not anymore T__T

Plus, the snow in the preview... Could it be White Day?????? T_____________T

• Like 5

@bubblechoco

Spoiler

Could  I disturb to ask about the news Encounter from this link, is it true there might be behind the scene shown after ep.16 or the google translate makes misunderstaning?

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111070547

'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum, Broad Acting Spectrum 'Bo Gum Magic' march unfolded

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003372800&cluid=enter_201901241500_00000038&lfrom=twitter

기사입력2019.01.24 by google translate

[SPORTS CHOOSE Jo Yoon Sun]

Actor Park Bo Gum, who has had impressive performances and captivated viewers, is a hot topic.

Park Bo-Gum debuted in a last few years with the  movie 'Blinds', attracting viewers with his unique appearance and charm.

In the drama 'Tomorrow Cantabile', he plays the genius celloist 'Yoon Yoo Hoo' and shows his talent.

Since then, he has portrayed the complicated emotions hidden in the opposite sides as well as the cool gaze smoke through the "Remember You" as a two-faced attorney, "Jeong Sun-ho".

In 'Reply' in 1998, he became known as 'Choi Taek', a genius article 'Go', and announced the beginning of 'Bo Gum Bo Gum'. It is as pure as a child, but it depicts a stronger and stronger person than anyone else on the inside, and gives a warm impression and excitement to the house theater. In particular, he said that he made extraordinary efforts such as studying Baduk to receive private lessons to express his role as a genius.

Also, as 'Gyumi Green Moonlight' 'Lee Young', he showed a sharp and charismatic prince with his sharp and charismatic pride, his sharp charism and his grandeur as a sovereign. It is called "national prince" and gets attention once again.

In addition, he showed delicate melodrama through 'Kim Jin-hyuk' of 'Boyfriend', and became a 'global boyfriend' beyond 'Asian Ceci'. Expressing analog sensibility with eyes, smiles, and voices, expressing the warm charm of the character and pure emotion with more flexibility than anyone else.

As such, Park has a wide range of acting skills that are not limited to black, and has a lot of love from viewers, delicately portraying different characters.

In the future, his interest and expectation are gathering in another 'Bo Gum magic' that he will show.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

@bubblechoco

Hide contents

Could  I disturb to ask about the news Encounter from this link, is it true there might be behind the scene shown after ep.16 or the google translate makes misunderstaning?

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111070547

Sadly not... Google Translation is wrong!

The production wants to repay the overwhelming support so they are releasing stills prior to the finale.

P.S. I'm always happy to help ^__^

=

14 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

Reveal hidden contents

6afb0f0cly1fzhog1w0bwj20u00u0adv.jpg

6afb0f0cly1fzhny9mdpwj20u00u0tb2.jpg

6afb0f0cly1fzhny94196j20u00u0act.jpg

ctto

The second picture scared the h*** out of me. LOL

I thought she's actually off to Cuba again with that pink suit XD
Then I remember it's from EP1... Haha

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

Seeing JH break down in SH's office hurt a lot. Seeing SH's face going back to completely expressionless hurt even more.

This ..CSH going expressionless felt like she is back to square 1..She was crying in Ep 14 and talking/crying her heart out but in Ep 15 she has gone back to CSH of first few episodes...I understand that she has gone back to her shell, but given the impact JH has had on her, I had expected her to be more expressive/emotional ( like in recent episodes) and not go all the way back!! She is hurting but going back to being super guarded again isnt healthy and being expressionless kinf of makes me think that the old CSH ( school days) is again gone...and she has become aloof again!!

With this expression and attitude, it will be triple difficult for the OTP to get together..For her to really get back with JH, she needs to break down and become vulnerable..more open about her emotions..hope they achieve this properly in this epsiode

Saw the subbed version, while the breakup and crying was heartbreaking, the dialogues were just too good!! Lot has been said abt this episode, so I will just speculate on what can happen in Ep 16

JH will /should clearly have a dialogue with his mom and I really hopes he moves out of his home ( though chances are less)!! 

Since HI is saying that she is rooting for JH, and JH saying that whatever CSH hears is also intended, could there be some plan in motion to accelerate the process of CSH realizing her true feelings and being less guilty? Maybe making CSH jealous ( HI may play a role) could be one of the plans?

Given JH's expressions in preview, he seems more carefree n peaceful..I think there will be a timejump !! 

Dont mind me, I am just blabbering as too many things are running with the show coming to an end!! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

The twitter video of JH and CSH ( diff hairstyle) shows JH with the camera!! I really hope we get 45 mins of super cute scenes to drown out yesterdays episode!!

As much as I know it will be a happy ending, am feeling very bittersweet abt it coz of Ep 15..so pls give an overdose of lovey dovey scenes!! 

ETA:

I am guessing JH will say something to the like of : You want to break up, fine! But I will never stop loving you, i will not disappear from your life like your friends!I will always be there for you! I will wait for you!! 

• Like 15
  • Love 2

Whatever happens, I’m glad to have hung out in this thread for the duration of the drama. It’s been one hell of a ride :lol:

Not banking on many couple-y scenes tonight, if at all, but I pray we get a sensible ending. If anything, this beautiful story deserves a beautiful closure. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1