[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Again, this is a k-drama and the writer may have them end up together, but if this was in the real world, he would throw salt every time she crosse this path.

I see what you were saying. You are right about this being a kdrama and maybe that's the beauty about television, the Impossible can happen.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its alot of stuff we dont know like what did TO tell IJ about HR  and what happens those 2 years.We know IJ felt guilty by not reporting garbage bro so that can be a factor in forgiving her.Also thst dude that has been helping  HR can really help with this too. So many people died already because of his family so I dont know how he will react.

So much we dont know but I think this is all key.

5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Its alot of stuff we dont know like what did TO tell IJ about HR  and what happens those 2 years.We know IJ felt guilty by not reporting garbage bro so that can be a factor in forgiving her.Also thst dude that has been helping  HR can really help with this too. So many people died already because of his family so I dont know how he will react.

So much we dont know but I think this is all key.

@dramaninja, and that's why I say it wouldn't surprise me if there is a happy ending for this couple because of it being a K-drama. The thing about romance novels that I used to love as a teenager is they create a romantic fantasy. That's what initially pulled me to k-dramas many years ago. In this drama, there is a lot of "fantasy". 

-  I can see TO, who sees how HR has now changed, tell IJ how he and HR had both been deceived by some person from IJ's family.

-  I can see IJ's guilt for not reporting his brother and therefore excuses HR's deception as justifiable.

-  I can see HR just keeping up an act to hide the fact that she truly loves IJ, but has to keep up the facade in order to not be overwhelmed in guilt.

-  I can see how IJ won't blame HR for him giving up the shares, because she never "asked" him to

I can see all of this happening, because this drama is written where people behave as others manipulated them to act (TO, HR and IJ). TO manipulated to pursue SH for a kidney. HR manipulated to make IJ fall in love with her. IJ foolishly falling for a woman who has the warmth of a cold fish for about 80% of the time they interact with each other. Why in the world would TO decide to start harassing SH for a kidney? It's not like he didn't know his daughter needed a kidney. However, finding out that SH was going to marry IJ, he decided to act--even threaten the life of HR's sister to force her to continue up with the manipulation of IJ.  What truly motivated him? Was it for his daughter or was it for SH? The writer's pen can make anything happen.

-  I can see TO's real motive was that he's still in love with SH.

-  I can see SH coming to her senses and wanting to be there for her daughter

I can see a lot of impossible things happening because it's a K-drama and we've already seen them in this drama. We had the scene of IJ's father saying that he really needed SH's father to back IJ and it would help IJ father's business. However, a few episodes later, we see that IJ's father could cripple SH father's business with one phone call---really? As a strategic alliance manager (vendor management) I can tell you that SH father's company is not financial viable on the verge of collapse. In the real world, IJ's father would not want his son marrying into this family.....he really couldn't back him. Lastly, on in a K-drama could HR with zero business experience be given the job of president of a shoe company and it becomes successful.

I say all of this in that nothing will surprise me when it comes to IJ and HR, it just will be a little forced by the writer's pen. HR's sister is not dead, although I can't really say she's "living" either, but her need for revenge has resulted in her best friend's death; an innocent man being manipulated, company stolen by her, and thrown into prison. His only fault was he didn't turn his brother in.

15 hours ago, anony12345 said:

HR being pregnant wouldn't make sense to me- if she suspects this person made her sister pregnant and then tried to kill her leaving her in a coma, not getting on the pill and risking getting pregnant by him also is just...ridiculous? I would put nothing past kdramaland but that wouldn't make no sense

@anony12345

It does make sense to not be on the pill or use protection because at the time they slept together, HR was planning to marry IJ; therefore, those precautions were not necessary.  Under those circumstances, I would not consider the premise ridiculous.    What I did find ridiculous is the sister-in-law having a son???  How does that tie in?  Who is the father and is she being blackmailed (the safety of her child) to stay married.

15 hours ago, anony12345 said:
16 hours ago, shutthatdoor said:

I disagree. Their love for each other weren't damaged. I do feel a believable fix is possible for them . It shouldn't be returned to it's past state because they are different people now and I feel the magic will be transformed and be better.

Forgetting about everything he directly lost/experienced due to her which is more than enough he indirectly also lost his uncle who to him would now be "right" as he warned him about her from the start and even his friend from the workshop suffered as he still can't seem to use his hands properly after two years and presumably can't make shoes anymore.

Not sure how you can conclude his love for her not being damaged. She directly and indirectly caused him to lose everything/hurt the people he cares for.

I can understand shutthatdoor and your point of views.  I agree with you that their love have been damaged; however, I agree with shutthatdoor that their love will not return to the past state.  It cannot because of their recent painful experiences.  However, I think as shutthatdoor thinks;  they will fall in love again.  A first it could be because they have a common enemy that they re-bond.   IJ knows that she was used as a pawn and that his step mother and brother are treacherous and HR was no match for them.  IJ will be angry with HR and he will not trust her; however, if they are going to bring that pair down, they must work together   What I cannot understand is why HR did not go to the prison, beg for forgiveness and finally explain everything. 

@nubianlegalmind  I loved your critique.  I am with you, the sister-in-law is totally useless.  As you stated, she has these damaging tapes and she has done nothing with them.  Both IJ and HR were naive and as IJ admitted, it was his fault for trusting his brother when he asked why did he have to take it this far.   IJ knows who is responsible for his uncle's death, it was not a mere accident, it was murder.   IJ realizes he was framed and the information given to HR was fabricated. 

I am hoping that HR is pregnant; because it would change IJ's perspective.  They would be forced to interact and through interacting find a common ground and the love that they lost.  Therefore, I think that HR and IJ will get back together in the end with no pretext, he will know that she loves him and she will know that he truly loves her.

@lclarakl You are right, I used to read romance novels also, and like romance novels, most K-dramas have a formula.  How many romance novels have I read where there was a misunderstanding, the characters never communicated with each, never ask questions and then get back together near the end of the book, (after I have almost torn my hair out and lost my voice by hollering at the pages.)  In most K-dramas, they do not confront each other, or talk to each other when there is a potential problem.  What about asking the question, did you have an affair with my sister and show him the pictures. How simple is that?  Ugh, it is so frustrating. Now I am hollering at the screen, losing my voice and tearing my hair.

She was marrying him to help ruin him and his family - why would she not avoid trying to have a kid with him? You can have a divorce with a marriage so whatever but a kid is a different ball game.

If she was planning on having a kid to aid in her revenge she'd be a very nasty main character. Imagine telling the kid the story of how his father and his family got ruined and the reason you were conceived - would be too cruel. And what's going through her head when she decides she'll have a kid with the person she thinks got her sister pregnant and tried to kill her. 

Of course every relationship is fixable if both parties ready to treat their relationship for what it is , and not some love conquers all romantic ideal ,

The reality is the current situation have boxed both of them into a corner . Never mind In Joon’s anger and disappointed, I can’t see Hae-Ra miraculously getting over everything and living happily after ever with him knowing that she ruined his life , she couldn’t be that callous right :D 

I think she would probably spend the next episodes mad , guilty ridden and miserable which doesn’t have a lot of mileage when she is  already so miserable and guilty ridden . 

8 hours ago, Carmarie said:

@anony12345

It does make sense to not be on the pill or use protection because at the time they slept together, HR was planning to marry IJ; therefore, those precautions were not necessary.  Under those circumstances, I would not consider the premise ridiculous.    What I did find ridiculous is the sister-in-law having a son???  How does that tie in?  Who is the father and is she being blackmailed (the safety of her child) to stay married.

@Carmarie I agree that it's not ridiculous if HR ended up pregnant...even if you use contraceptives, you can still get pregnant.  However, would HR keep a baby by a man she thinks impregnated her sister and tried to kill her and she betrayed?  

I think that if she did have a child, it would ease the path with only 8 (4) episodes left for them to reconcile. However, IJ has a lot to do in order to reclaim the business that once belonged to his mother and put the real criminals in jail.

In regards to the sister in law, I wonder if she had this baby before she met her husband. Or could she have been desperate to marry him, not for her family, but because she had a child by another man?  Well in a way, I do believe the sister in law has earned getting something out of these people who abused her for years.

14 hours ago, lclarakl said:
On 1/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, Carmarie said:

t does make sense to not be on the pill or use protection because at the time they slept together, HR was planning to marry IJ; therefore, those precautions were not necessary.  Under those circumstances, I would not consider the premise ridiculous.    What I did find ridiculous is the sister-in-law having a son???  How does that tie in?  Who is the father and is she being blackmailed (the safety of her child) to stay married.

@Carmarie I agree that it's not ridiculous if HR ended up pregnant...even if you use contraceptives, you can still get pregnant.  However, would HR keep a baby by a man she thinks impregnated her sister and tried to kill her and she betrayed?  

@lclarakl  I am writing from the point of view that HR now knows that IJ did not have an affair with her sister or try to kill her. 

If HR did get pregnant, but did not know she was pregnant until after she found out that IJ had nothing to do with her sister, she would most likely keep the baby.  We forget that HR liked IJ and was having conflicting thoughts about him.  If we remember, HR apologized to her sister and threw the report in the trash because of her feeling for IJ.  It was after she came back and retrieved the report and saw that her sister was pregnant that her heart began to harden towards IJ.  No one, unless they love someone would have cried the way she did when she found out that she was wrong and IJ was innocent.  I think if the writer went this way and made the character pregnant, HR would definitely keep the baby... who does she have now?  Her best friend is gone, her sister is in a coma and her father and mother are deceased.  She would pour all the love that she did not give IJ into his baby and making his company successful.

I just don' know how happy he'd be knowing he had his kid with what he knows and hasn't even told him - not sure how any father would be happy with that.

Getting Cunning Single Lady vibes again where she never ended up telling him she was pregnant either and then gets guilt tripped for not knowing years later.

55 minutes ago, anony12345 said:

just don' know how happy he'd be knowing he had his kid with what he knows and hasn't even told him - not sure how any father would be happy with that.

Getting Cunning Single Lady vibes again where she never ended up telling him she was pregnant either and then gets guilt tripped for not knowing years later.

Ok @anony  You are right on that point.  I am sure he would not be happy; however, I think he would understand her guilt in not wanting to appear in front of him because of the role she played in him being locked-up.  How would she be able to go tell him, Hey IJ, we have a child together.... although this is just a hypothesis at this point.  Why not run with it and see if the writer can come up with anything better.

I guess you are hoping IJ and HR part ways?  I think for the story to work, they will have to work together.  The most important thing is for the step mother and half brother to get taken down and go to prison.  Maybe they will not get together in the end, but become friends because of their shared passion and revenge.  For me, I would like to see them together but what I want the most is for the step mother and brother to get what they deserve.  I did not care for their father; however, to put him in a semi comma, and as was mentioned before, he might be dead by now, is just wrong.  the father knew the IJ had the business acumen to run the company and keep it successful.  

Larking in the back of my brain is the question of who set this whole debacle in motion.  Who was it that persuaded TO to go after SH? What is the sister-in-law's back story, is the sister-in-law a divorcee, is she a widow or did she have her child out of wedlock like SH?   Why did the father ruin her parents business?  Did he find out she had a child?   There are unanswered questions that I hope the writer will not leave dangling at the end of the drama. 

The drama is entitled Fates and Furies.  Therefore, I think some couples are fated to be together; however, they will be hurt, disappointed and betrayed...the fury.  Someone wrote they hope IJ and SH get back together.  SH only wanted IJ if he had money, power, and influence. Therefore, when you break it down, there isn't much difference between SH and HR...they both wanted something from IJ.  I cannot say that SH is better than HR, because she hid the fact that she had a child with TO from IJ.  

chingus, for the february birthday wishes, would like kpop and kdrama suggestions inspired by these 3 emoticons -- :neutral::love::warning:... also if you have made a fan MV for any drama and would like to share for those celebrating their birthday in feb, let me know.

if unsure, what am talking about, check out jan's birthday wishes --

It seems in my theories are confirmed and I'm glad they're not getting back together. Letting emotions lead somebody should not be the basis for a relationship. The previews for the upcoming show appears to confirm my theory and Kocowa's summary:

English translation from my peer at MyDramalist:

1) "The biggest sin that I have committed is thinking that a woman like you was my destiny."

2) "I just wanted to see what you saved but became ruined."

3) "Covering all that up doesn't mean that your sin disappears, right?"

4) "I'm going to give back as much as I received. The person that will punish will give punishment."

5) "If you see that richard simmons doing something weird, I will give her a good 'scolding'."

6) Tae Jung Woo and Hung Song Suk, and all those dog-like people to you, I will find each and everyone and end it all. You too, prepare yourself. "

53 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

It seems in my theories are confirmed and I'm glad they're not getting back together. Letting emotions lead somebody should not be the basis for a relationship. The previews for the upcoming show appears to confirm my theory and Kocowa's summary:

English translation from my peer at MyDramalist:

1) "The biggest sin that I have committed is thinking that a woman like you was my destiny."

2) "I just wanted to see what you saved but became ruined."

3) "Covering all that up doesn't mean that your sin disappears, right?"

4) "I'm going to give back as much as I received. The person that will punish will give punishment."

5) "If you see that richard simmons doing something weird, I will give her a good 'scolding'."

6) Tae Jung Woo and Hung Song Suk, and all those dog-like people to you, I will find each and everyone and end it all. You too, prepare yourself. "

You really cant make an judgement like that base on a preview especially when they show is about to end  there wont be  a long revenge plot not enough time.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

You really cant make an judgement like that base on a preview especially when they show is about to end  there wont be  a long revenge plot not enough time.

I really can make a prejudgment like that based on many factors. What I say may not come to pass, but it is the Logical conclusion based on the plot and the original intention of the series. It is fine with me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

On 1/31/2019 at 1:53 PM, Ameera Ali said:

U can guess that face expression not happy at all :D

Revenge time. 

On 1/31/2019 at 1:31 PM, dramaninja said:

I wish I knew what was being said lol

Probably, it is his time for revenge. 

Archived