[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I agree with you the SH has feelings for her daughter, and I think she did love TO; however, I think after she "messed up" got pregnant, her mother told her she would fix it if SH did xyz... leave TO, forget the baby, do what she tells her to, and she would make the baby disappear. I think that is why, although SH wanted to marry for love (because she had been in love before), she allowed her mother to run her life. SH is a lonely person, and I could feel sorry for her; however, I don't because just as TO, she is also a manipulator. Although IJ told her point blank that he did not want to marry her, she was going to make him marry her. She even sent out wedding invitations after he tried to end it with her.

This is a good drama, but as many are stating, the writer missed major marks when writing the script. I still have questions about several points that might never be addressed. I would have liked to know more of SH and TO's story, I would like to know more about the InJoon's sister-in-law, I would like to know the motive behind the mystery woman, who was she. However, I have little hope that these questions will be addressed satisfactorily.

I  don't think she "messed up" more like her mother realized how she was losing total control over her. Jennie was born in January 2012, and SooHyun and Tae Oh mentioned that they were "engaged" to each other back in 2009 so were together for at least 3 years (and more because you generally don't get engaged after a few weeks). So my best guess is that her mother realized SooHyun's won't be her tool/puppy anymore and that why she took Jennie away (I really would love to know how she did that in a foreigner country....)

I agree with the fact that SooHyun, Tae Oh and HaeRa are all manipulators, but I believe sometimes their circumstances that change a person. And neither SooHyun or Tae Oh engendered someone life with their lies and manipulations. 

Won't argue much about the whole wedding thing because it's all about pride and feelings and nothing logical.

It WAS a good drama, starting episode 10 (episode 20/21 in 30 mins format) it started to become a mess. There way too many holes in the scripts and stories, SooHyun and Tae Oh barely get one appearance per episode (or one every 2 episodes for the  30 mins format) how are we supposed to understand these characters, see them evolve and understand their story with 3 mins to 5 mins of screentime per week?

We will never know about SooHyun and Tae Oh's story, past and I start to fear the future. I have a feeling the whole Jennie thing will end with SooHyun's being told Jennie know she is her mom and that is all. We will don't know if she will step up as a mom or not. 

About the sister in law, they wasted such a potentially good story. 

On 2/6/2019 at 3:00 PM, Heartbreakn said:

It's important to remember that her first scene with Tae Oh is him announcing he is dying: Koreans do not use pronouns and he said "Dying" to which she responded by saying to continue to die because they were already dead anyway. He never once says Jennie was the one daying and I don't know where the 2 persons who posted about it back then got it from?
I myself realized it was about Jennie when we learned that she was sick.

thats really interesting from a language perspective; from what I remember, the subs clearly said "she is dying" and since the only "she" we saw with taeoh was jennie, it was obvious that it was jennie.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

thats really interesting from a language perspective; from what I remember, the subs clearly said "she is dying" and since the only "she" we saw with taeoh was jennie, it was obvious that it was jennie.

Not sure if you can replay the scene (it's around the 3 mins mark in episode 2 (or episode 3/4 for the 30 mins format) but I did and here: 

JTO: 죽는데 (to die/dying) --> normal intonation

CSH: 죽는데? (dying?) ----> Her intonation got high on the 데 part which means it's a question.

CSH: 그름 죽어: Then die / Then kept dying.

Then she said they have been dead for 7 years now. *flashback happen*

Here it's the Naver dictionary entry on the 죽는데 as you can see, it's mean to die (but it's weird in this situation so dying makes more sense). 
JTO never once used a pronoun or Jennie's name, so without knowing the contest it's mean he is the one who is dying. JTO said it twice, I believe that SH wasn't aware of Jennie so I definitely think she thought he was the one dying. She actually learned about Jennie being the one dying in episode 6 (episodes 11-12 for those with the 30 mins format), JTO told her that "Jennie is really (ton insisting on the "really" part) sick".

thats interesting @Heartbreakn; guess it is one of those things that would be odd/difficult in translation and so the subbers just added a pronoun since it would come to light later on anyway... but it does change your perception of the scene a little bit as she doesn't seem as callous in that case.. one could assume that she may have thought he was talking about himself as in "my heart is breaking. I am dying.." kind of dialogues...

47 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

thats interesting @Heartbreakn; guess it is one of those things that would be odd/difficult in translation and so the subbers just added a pronoun since it would come to light later on anyway... but it does change your perception of the scene a little bit as she doesn't seem as callous in that case.. one could assume that she may have thought he was talking about himself as in "my heart is breaking. I am dying.." kind of dialogues...

Even myself I'm not sure how I would have translated this because just saying "dying" makes no sensEnglishglish (funny enough it would make some sense in my mother's language).

Adding the pronoun can make sense but it also makes SooHyun seems meaner than she was in this scene. I can't remember my original feelings about this scene in particular but it's more on the "melodramatic" side than the mean one. I think the scene is was made to have the flashback and make us wonder why they are saying they have been dead for 7 years now and all. 

You said: "one could assume that she may have thought he was talking about himself as in "my heart is breaking. I am dying.." kind of dialogues..." Yes, it could totally be interpreted like this, especially how he is showing off after her relation with InJoon is becoming "more serious".

10 hours ago, Heartbreakn said:

I  don't think she "messed up" more like her mother realized how she was losing total control over her. Jennie was born in January 2012, and SooHyun and Tae Oh mentioned that they were "engaged" to each other back in 2009 so were together for at least 3 years (and more because you generally don't get engaged after a few weeks). So my best guess is that her mother realized SooHyun's won't be her tool/puppy anymore and that why she took Jennie away (I really would love to know how she did that in a foreigner country....)

@Heartbreakn  Let me clarify.  I did not mean that I thought Soo-Hyun messed up.  I meant her mother thought she messed up when she became pregnant.  It is clear we will not ever know what transpired, that the mother stepped in to take the baby and Soon-Hyun and Tae-Oh did not get married.  Knowing what happened other than SH telling TO that they are dead and leaving, would have only taken a few more minutes in the drama for the writer to give us more background on the two of them. Who knows, if I have more insight into SH and TO's relationship, I might feel differently about SH.    

I agree with the fact that SooHyun, Tae Oh and HaeRa are all manipulators, but I believe sometimes their circumstances that change a person. And neither SooHyun or Tae Oh engendered someone life with their lies and manipulations. 

I gather that you are saying that Hae-Ra endangered someone's life?  Whose life did she endanger with her lies and manipulations?  First of all what lie did she tell?  She really did not manipulate In-Joon because up front she told him that whatever she does, not to fall in love with her.  Secondly, she did fall for him.  When she told him that she liked him (go back and check) it was before, she received the information about her sister being pregnant at the time of the incident, and thirdly, In-Joon was giving up his stock anyway.  He was doing it because he knew that once he did not have money Soo-Hyun would not want to marry him.  When Hae-Rae told In-Joon  to give up everything, he had already met with his brother and given him his stock.  

If you can put on rose colored glasses when it comes to Soo-Hyun and Tae Oh, put them on for Hae-Ra also.  You seem to have forgotten that it was Tae Oh who approached Hae-Ra not the other way around.  It was Tae Oh who showed her In-Joon's signature on the hospital records, before that Hae-Ra had no indication that In-Joon had any contact with her sister. Hae-Ra was not going to go along the Tae Oh before he showed her the record.  But he gets a pass for putting all of this in motion?  If anyone endangered anyone's life, it would be Tae-Oh because if  he never approached Hae-Ra, her friend would still be alive, In-Joon's uncle would still be alive and perhaps In-joon would not have gone to prison.  But who knows for sure?   Since he did not speak with the police at that time and his uncle and the physician covered it up, can any of us say for sure  it would not have been used later by his brother and step mother to remove him from the company??? 

I have no problem with you liking  Soo-Hyun and feeling badly for her; however, I ask you to be fair across the board.  I am not excusing Hae-Ra's behavior, because she is a prime example of what happens when you let revenge engulf your life.  Hae-Ra started out as a spunky, clear headed, smart young lady.  Once she found out her sister was pregnant at the time of the incident, and when she saw the picture with her sister and In-Joon seemingly together, (don't forget it was the step-mother who had the picture planted in the friend's belongings) she literally lost it.  Any rational thinking went out the window and that is when she start to seek revenge. In Hae-Ra's rage, In-Joon's stepmother's saw an opportunity to replace In-Joon as the CEO and used Hae-Ra to do it.  As I see it, Hae-Ra was manipulated by Tae-Oh and In-Joon's stepmother.  However, I am at a lost as to whom she manipulated and who she lied to.   Let's face it, had Hae-Ra been thinking clearly she would have never drugged him.  Seeking revenge is never a good thing, because of the rage Hae-Ra felt, she lost out.  She did not listen to her heart and lost a good friend and a good man, trying to avenge her sister.  

What people are not saying (and I have not had the time to read every post) is that they did not think Hae-Ra should  have tried to break SH and IJ up, and normally, I would think the same way.  However, this was a contract marriage and let's face it, In-Joon just was not that into Soo-Hyun. I get the feeling that most people would have preferred Soo-Hyun and In_joon get married and both be miserable for the rest of their lives.   In Joon was satisfied with the contract marriage until he met Hae-Ra.  It was In-Joon who fell for Hae-Ra first.They had a lot in common, and she was someone he could talk to that understood him.  Her presence soothed him and just being with her allowed him to sleep peacefully. Because Hae-Ra did come between the two of them, many of you refuse to be fair when it comes to her. 

Advocate for Soo-Hyun because you like her and see good in her; however, I ask you to be fair to Hae-Ra also although you dislike her.

4 hours ago, Carmarie said:

@Heartbreakn Let me clarify. I did not mean that I thought Soo-Hyun messed up. I meant her mother thought she messed up when she became pregnant. It is clear we will not ever know what transpired, that the mother stepped in to take the baby and Soon-Hyun and Tae-Oh did not get married. Knowing what happened other than SH telling TO that they are dead and leaving, would have only taken a few more minutes in the drama for the writer to give us more background on the two of them. Who knows, if I have more insight into SH and TO's relationship, I might feel differently about SH.

I gather that you are saying that Hae-Ra endangered someone's life? Whose life did she endanger with her lies and manipulations? First of all what lie did she tell? She really did not manipulate In-Joon because up front she told him that whatever she does, not to fall in love with her. Secondly, she did fall for him. When she told him that she liked him (go back and check) it was before, she received the information about her sister being pregnant at the time of the incident, and thirdly, In-Joon was giving up his stock anyway. He was doing it because he knew that once he did not have money Soo-Hyun would not want to marry him. When Hae-Rae told In-Joon to give up everything, he had already met with his brother and given him his stock.

If you can put on rose colored glasses when it comes to Soo-Hyun and Tae Oh, put them on for Hae-Ra also. You seem to have forgotten that it was Tae Oh who approached Hae-Ra not the other way around. It was Tae Oh who showed her In-Joon's signature on the hospital records, before that Hae-Ra had no indication that In-Joon had any contact with her sister. Hae-Ra was not going to go along the Tae Oh before he showed her the record. But he gets a pass for putting all of this in motion? If anyone endangered anyone's life, it would be Tae-Oh because if he never approached Hae-Ra, her friend would still be alive, In-Joon's uncle would still be alive and perhaps In-joon would not have gone to prison. But who knows for sure? Since he did not speak with the police at that time and his uncle and the physician covered it up, can any of us say for sure it would not have been used later by his brother and step mother to remove him from the company???

I have no problem with you liking Soo-Hyun and feeling badly for her; however, I ask you to be fair across the board. I am not excusing Hae-Ra's behavior, because she is a prime example of what happens when you let revenge engulf your life. Hae-Ra started out as a spunky, clear headed, smart young lady. Once she found out her sister was pregnant at the time of the incident, and when she saw the picture with her sister and In-Joon seemingly together, (don't forget it was the step-mother who had the picture planted in the friend's belongings) she literally lost it. Any rational thinking went out the window and that is when she start to seek revenge. In Hae-Ra's rage, In-Joon's stepmother's saw an opportunity to replace In-Joon as the CEO and used Hae-Ra to do it. As I see it, Hae-Ra was manipulated by Tae-Oh and In-Joon's stepmother. However, I am at a lost as to whom she manipulated and who she lied to. Let's face it, had Hae-Ra been thinking clearly she would have never drugged him. Seeking revenge is never a good thing, because of the rage Hae-Ra felt, she lost out. She did not listen to her heart and lost a good friend and a good man, trying to avenge her sister.

What people are not saying (and I have not had the time to read every post) is that they did not think Hae-Ra should have tried to break SH and IJ up, and normally, I would think the same way. However, this was a contract marriage and let's face it, In-Joon just was not that into Soo-Hyun. I get the feeling that most people would have preferred Soo-Hyun and In_joon get married and both be miserable for the rest of their lives. In Joon was satisfied with the contract marriage until he met Hae-Ra. It was In-Joon who fell for Hae-Ra first.They had a lot in common, and she was someone he could talk to that understood him. Her presence soothed him and just being with her allowed him to sleep peacefully. Because Hae-Ra did come between the two of them, many of you refuse to be fair when it comes to her.

Advocate for Soo-Hyun because you like her and see good in her; however, I ask you to be fair to Hae-Ra also although you dislike her.

Wait, when on the earth did I say I disliked HaeRa? If you read my previous messages, before the one explaining how I see SooHyun because some reader said they couldn't understand her, I never once said a bad thing about her. Expect if me saying that I absolutely adore the two main female actresses and their characters is me disliking HaeRa.

The only character/person you can 'accuse' me of disliking is JTO, if you check my messages after every episode I always bad-mouthed the actor bad acting and by consequence his character. 

I'm sorry I posted and liked a character you hated and I'll be sure to never post anything about her in the near future because I don't want to be told I dislike someone I don't. I truly and sincerely apologize for posting my point of view on a character that everyone seems to dislike because of some sort of mistranslation (apparently, I dunno because I don't know what the eng sub are saying). I beg you guys to rewatch the scene with the babysitter at the airport, the bad one was Tae Oh not SooHyun. It's truly one of the key scenes to understand SooHyun's misery. 

Hope you guys will enjoy Saturday's episodes and ending. And once again I apologize for having bothered you and apparently for hating on HaeRa. 

15 hours ago, Heartbreakn said:

I'm sorry I posted and liked a character you hated and I'll be sure to never post anything about her in the near future because I don't want to be told I dislike someone I don't. I truly and sincerely apologize for posting my point of view on a character that everyone seems to dislike because of some sort of mistranslation (apparently, I dunno because I don't know what the eng sub are saying). I beg you guys to rewatch the scene with the babysitter at the airport, the bad one was Tae Oh not SooHyun. It's truly one of the key scenes to understand SooHyun's misery. 

Hope you guys will enjoy Saturday's episodes and ending. And once again I apologize for having bothered you and apparently for hating on HaeRa. 

No apologies necessary. If I misread you, then I gladly and humbly apologize.  I have do not problem admitting when I am wrong.  Please accept my apology.  

Most of all what I do not want you to do is to stop expressing your opinion.  I will re-watch the scene at the airport because I did not get that Tae Oh was the bad one.  However, I also did not put any blame on Soo Hyun because I did not have enough information to lay blame on either of them in that scene.  All I know is Soo Hyun walked away from him and he was heartbroken.  I don't know why she walked away, I don't know why she gave up the baby.  But I do know she is cold on the surface and in the beginning she tried to belittle Hye-Ra.  I also did not like the way she pushed herself on In-Joon once he wanted to call it off. 

Again accept my apologies.  However, this might be my last post on this drama, because as of last night, the last four episodes were still not subbed... I have let many dramas go because of slow subs and this might be one of them.  Sometimes I make my way back to them but most times I don't.  It is a shame because I really liked this drama and thought all of the actors were doing a fine job with the script they were given.

By the way, I don't hate Soo-hyun, she wears the most amazing clothes and she wears them well.  

Okay, most of the last 4 episodes were subbed to the point that I could get an understanding of what is happening.  

Forget Hae-Ra, Tae Ho and Soo-Hyun, all I want to do is to bring the mother and that Jung Ho DOWN!  I now understand the sister-in-law.  I knew that the mother and Jung-Ho treated her poorly, but when Jung Ho pushed and knocked her to the floor and hit her (thank God we were saved from seeing the beating), I was and I still am livid.  I then understood her behavior.  She is not useless, her behavior is that of a battered woman.  I am so glad she was smart enough to record the conversations and turn them over to In-Joon.  

From that point on, I was like, I don't care what Hae-Ra has done, I done care what Tae-Ho has done, lets take this son (expletive) down.  Jung Ho and his mother needs to rot in prison.  

My prediction:  Hae-Ra and In-Joon will get back together and he will forgive her.  When he asked her why she was doing what she was doing that he would never forgive her.  Hae-Ra cut right through all of that bitterness when she said, I know, I can't forgive myself.  That let him know more than all the "I am sorry" she could have said, that she was truly sorry for what she did to him.  Having heard the tapes, he knows that she was manipulated by his stepmother.  What hurt him is that she could think that he would so such a thing.  That was the part that I did not get.  Could someone who cried when she was hurt, harm someone else?  I will give Soo-Hyun credit, she never once believed that In-Joon could have been guilty.  However, if she continues to vilify Hae-Ra, it is going to backfire on her.  It is time to back off and let In-Joon go his way.

February 9, 2019

Lee Min Jung And Joo Sang Wook Come Together For “Fates And Furies” Finale

Source: Soompi by L. Kim

Lee Min Jung And Joo Sang Wook Come Together For âFates And Furiesâ Finale

SBS’s “Fates and Furies” unveiled photos of Lee Min Jung and Joo Sang Wook before the finale.

The two lead characters are facing each other on the street that contains their memories. The night scenes surrounding them are romantic, but they are stuck in a heavy atmosphere. What brings them back here late at night?

Joo Sang Wook seems to be saying something important to Lee Min Jung with a dark expression on his face. He knows better than anyone that if he discloses the slush fund scandal involving his half-brother, she will be in danger as well. Meanwhile, Lee Min Jung gazes sorrowfully at him as she holds back her emotional tears.

Lee-Min-Jung-Joo-Sang-Wook1.jpg

Spoiler.s

Spoiler

In the last episode, Tae In Jun (played by Joo Sang Wook) visited Goo Hae Ra (Lee Min Jung), who helped him get revenge, to vent his love and resentment that still lingered in his mind. Due to guilt, Goo Hae Ra couldn’t approach him. She is prepared to go to prison to atone for Tae In Jun. The viewers are focused on whether the complicated couple, which has become tangled up with misunderstandings and conspiracy, will be able to reunite or not.

The production crew said, “In today’s final episode, Tae In Jun will make a decisive hit by bringing down Han Sung Sook (Song Ok Sook) and Tae Jung Ho (Gong Jung Hwan). You won’t be able to take your eyes off Tae In Jun’s strong revenge. We hope you watch what kind of choices Tae In Jun will make between love and revenge, and what kind of ending Tae In jun and Goo Hae Ra will have.”

The last episode will air on February 9 at 9:05 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

Archived