[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

On 2/2/2019 at 7:38 PM, Ameera Ali said:

Finally at end of episodes I am bleased he ask , why she doing what she doing now and explain to her no point in doing it , he not gonna forgive her , and I think he right to say that , there is nothing Hae Ra could do , to right her wrong . All her self sacrificing it’s nonsense . 

I have not watched the episodes with the subs yet; therefore, I can only read your comments here (on Soompi) and try to understand what has happened.  I do want to comment on one thing. 

Whether In Joon forgives Hae Ra or not, her trying to right the wrong she has done is not nonsense.  Hae Ra should be trying to right the wrong, not for In Joon's forgiveness, but to forgive herself, then she can move on with her life.   If along the way, he comes around, that is icing on the cake; however, her trying to right the wrong is what she should be doing.  For all the things she has done wrong, being repentant for those acts makes her a decent human being.  It sets her apart from his step mother and half brother.  I only hope his need for revenge does not cloud his judgement, as it did Hae Ra's.  Setting things right and getting justice for the wrongs his family committed is one thing but blind vengeance (hatred) is another, it is what got Hae Ra into trouble, it is what caused her to not see that In Joon could not have possibly committed such acts.  Therefore, it is my hope that In Joon does not repeat the mistakes that Hae Ra has made.  At this point he needs to accept help where he can get it.   

What I do not get is the fact that Hae Ra did not reach out to In Joon in prison to say, I am sorry, please forgive me.  This is the part of K-dramas I hate.  Hae Ra never, had that important conversation with In Joon about her sister.  Even if the sister was not in a comma, if she and In Joon had an affair, and now In Joon and Hae Ra were talking marriage, I would want to talk about it before I jumped into the bed with him...hello. A simple, did you love my sister, what happened?  Why did she try to kill herself, did you know she was pregnant?

Once she found out that he was not the one her sister had an affair with, Hae R never reached out to In Joon to let him know her side of the story. I understand her being ashamed to face him, (and she should have been), but a letter of apology and explanation would do.  Tae Ho, got to tell In Joon his story; but he blamed everything in Hae Ra, he never told In Joon that he was the one who approached her.  At least had she explained herself, In Joon could weigh both stories and come to his own decision.  That is K-drama for you.     

In the last episode, it appears that Hae Ra's sister is starting to awake from her coma, she should make things interesting.  

@Ameera Ali

Give them a pass for one week  they are nearly to the finish line with this drama . 

but seriously I can understand,  how he can come a cross stupid, he spend half of the last episodes worried about her , going around threatening everybody without any plans or ideas , thanks god the sister in law took a pity  on him or he will be laughing stock   . So I hope he redeems himself next week and comes out a little bit clever , gives everyone run for their money and takes his revenge start with the big fish  Hae-Ra  because my feelings still stand , In joon has to kick her to the curb & not just circle around Hae-Ra with Hae-Ra trying to fix everything. 

My question to you and everyone else, is does Tae Ho get a pass?  Everyone is down on Hae-Ra, but Tae Ho get a pass?  Was Hae-Ra minding her business when he approached her?  Did he hold her sister's condition over her head?  Did he purposely refuse to do business with In Joon and request Hae-Ra's designs?  Tae Ho lied to In Joon and put everything on Hae Ra, which is also why In Joon is angry.  Does he get a pass?   Some of us have shown so much righteous indignation when it comes to Hae Ra, but what about the one who set the plan in motion?  Yes, Hae-Ra definitely hurt In-Joon and I feel bad for him; however, we all know that she was manipulated from the beginning.  Therefore, why are all the daggers and joyfulness and glee, that she is getting what she deserves is aimed at Hae-Ra?   No one has to explain, I am only asking a question.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone doesn't understand why he falls for HR and stopped revenge,  he/she better drops this drama. 

Give them a pass for one week :D they are nearly to the finish line with this drama . 

but seriously I can understand,  how he can come a cross stupid, he spend half of the last episodes worried about her , going around threatening everybody without any plans or ideas , thanks god the sister in law took a pity  on him or he will be laughing stock :D  . So I hope he redeems himself next week and comes out a little bit clever , gives everyone run for their money and takes his revenge start with the big fish  Hae-Ra  because my feelings still stand , In joon has to kick her to the curb & not just circle around Hae-Ra with Hae-Ra trying to fix everything. 

Whether In Joon forgives Hae Ra or not, her trying to right the wrong she has done is not nonsense.  Hae Ra should be trying to right the wrong, not for In Joon's forgiveness, but to forgive herself, then she can move on with her life.   If along the way, he comes around, that is icing on the cake; however, her trying to right the wrong is what she should be doing.  For all the things she has done wrong, being repentant for those acts makes her a decent human being. 

First of all , I don’t believe someone as mess up , just  like her can become a decent human that quick , Let’s not forget she was planning to take someone life without even ask him for once if he did what she thinks he done , she was lucky the stepmother play her and make her change her plan to drug him .

For me the worst has happened and not really for the reason’s Hae Ra expected and was genuinely a mistake so I liked for her to go away give him the space and time , the reality is , she can’t do anything with her being dump and was taken for a ride by everyone , Hae-Ra only circling around him to right her wrong  ,will only make  her feel good about herself and him  miserable .

I personally believe all her plotting and her wanting to send herself to the prison is a self destructive behavior , only highlighting how selfish she can be , never thinking how the other May think or feel about her actions. 

For ur question yes he did get a pass , when He was disgusting and horrible but I give him a pass because he take his revenge on the woman that wrong him for sure ,  to save his daughter, and he was up front with CH , he didn’t stab her in the back , but   Hae-Ra started that game with wrong reasons and end it with horrible reason , making a deal for money then change it for revenge , it wasn’t right , the end of the day , she was the one who that start digging deep , and make all these assumptions about everything and stabbing him in the back 

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

For ur question yes he did get a pass , when He was disgusting and horrible but I give him a pass because he take his revenge on the woman that wrong him for sure ,  to save his daughter, and he was up front with CH , he didn’t stab her in the back , but   Hae-Ra started that game with wrong reasons and end it with horrible reason , making a deal for money then change it for revenge , it wasn’t right , the end of the day , she was the one who that start digging deep , and make all these assumptions about everything and stabbing him in the back 

I think we have come to an impasse; therefore, I will not argue with your point of view, as we are all entitled to our opinions and our slant on what we view.  The funny thing is many people can view the same thing, accident, robbery, etc. and yet have difference observations.  I am gracefully bowing out because we will not agree; therefore, I agree to disagree. 

I actually went back to the beginning and watched a few of the earlier episodes in order to refresh my memory, such as; when did HR tell IJ she liked him and it was before she was handed the envelop with what looked like damaging evidence. Therefore, I am not as resolute as you are about Hae-Ra. We know that someone approached TH about breaking up SH and IJ; however, he was the one who set things in motion.  For you to readily absolve TH of what he did because he has a sick child does not cut it for me.  Did he not have a sick child when the woman approached him?    Somewhere I read words to the effect of " it is not the one that do the wrong, but the one that has pleasure in it."  That statement applies to several people in this drama, (the mystery lady, TH, the step mother and the half brother); however, Hae-Ra is not one of them.  For me "Fates and Furies" have definite black and white areas; however, it has some grey areas also and for me Hae-Ra falls into the grey area.

Whether I agree with your point of view or not, it is still nice reading your posts, keep them coming. :)

Different points of view is what makes this blog great.  

@Carmarie I am with you.

After I watched last week episode,  my anger towards Hae Ra moved to Jin Tae Oh. For 2 years, HR had to work for those disgusting people to make it up for her wrong to In Joon. Soo Hyun finally donated her kidney to Jenny. They have done something to correct their mistakes. What about TO? He looked so calm and peaceful. He ruined IJ and HR's life for his own revenge to SH. He didn't know who sent the letter. He didn't even know what it says is true or false. Maybe, he didn't care at all. He only cared for his sick child, and he threatened HR's sick sister's life to get what he needed. IJ and HR's life and relationships are completely destroyed, and he got what he wanted; his daughter's health. This is so unfair. Does  he feel any guilty? Does he think he is responsible for this tragedy?  When he visited IJ at the prison, I didn't feel any guilty feelings from him. I don't understand  why IJ and HR doesn't blame him for what happened to them. He has big responsibility for the whole mess. We still have two more episodes, so we will see if he will get some punishments. I hope the writer doesn't forget about his sins.

1 hour ago, Carmarie said:

I actually went back to the beginning and watched a few of the earlier episodes in order to refresh my memory, such as; when did HR tell IJ she liked him and it was before she was handed the envelop with what looked like damaging evidence. Therefore, I am not as resolute as you are about Hae-Ra. We know that someone approached TH about breaking up SH and IJ; however, he was the one who set things in motion.  For you to readily absolve TH of what he did because he has a sick child does not cut it for me.  Did he not have a sick child when the woman approached him?    Somewhere I read words to the effect of " it is not the one that do the wrong, but the one that has pleasure in it."  That statement applies to several people in this drama, (the mystery lady, TH, the step mother and the half brother); however, Hae-Ra is not one of them.  For me "Fates and Furies" have definite black and white areas; however, it has some grey areas also and for me Hae-Ra falls into the grey area.

I am really not absolve him from anything , maybe I didn’t put my  thought the way I wanted , English never was my strong language , and I agree with u there are different areas in this drama , there are no saints among them for sure 

That why  I said he was disgusting for putting his hand on a woman , and threatening her , and horrible for plotting to destroy someone else relationship, and coming between them , his problem was with Hae-Ra and SH I belive . 

But I can’t remember him hurting In Joon’s, so what he wanted to destroy his relationship, and the same time introduce him to woman that become the love of his life , in my mind , it was a little plot that start with stealing a heart and end with putting someone in prison, Him and Hae-Ra now like two suspect that try to steal a bank one of them bring a gun and killed someone so one of them satisfied about what happen , make a deal and  get suspended sentences and the other one get a life in prison because he done it fire the gun . 

For me Hae Ra pull the trigger, she cut Tae o from her plotting long ago - or maybe I am so harsh with Hae Ra I see everything so do horrible 

Me too I like ur post ,and everyone, that what make it fun watching drama for me , sometimes I read about it I go back watched it , see if I feel differently about sence . Sorry everyone one I don’t mean to repeat my self 

@Carmarie @Ameera Ali ~ have no reading on tae oh because he feels so underdeveloped as a character. besides him looking mopey, we have no insight into his relationship with cha soo hyun or what he wants from her. she meanwhile seems to be kind of hung up on injoon but we don't know why she dumped tae oh or abandoned jennie. the drama is kind of like a dish that could have been so good but is edible as long as you don't have fancy expectations. the actors including all the side actors and villains are doing a decent job. otherwise, this drama would really sink given the many plot holes and questions we have. guess, it is one of those feel dramas where we just watch to pass time as we are sort of intrigued and we have nothing better on TV?

I am waiting to catch up with everyone because as of last night, the last four episodes were not completely subed.  Once I see the episodes with subs, I am sure some of my opinions will change or be solidified.  Right now, even without the subs I completely understand In Joon's angry and hurt; however, if he is going to be successful in taking his step mother and brother down, he must put compartmentalize those hurt feelings so that he and Hae Ra can work together.  There is a big picture and to me, right now he is not looking at the big picture.  He needs a waterproof, bulletproof plan and Hae Ra can help him.  She has been in a position, for two years, to see the organization from the inside, and gather vital intel.  In Joon needs this information.  Hate Hae Ra later, focus on the step mother and brother now.  As many of you have stated in your posts, In Joon is not acting smart.  A man without a plan is destined to fail.  There is a saying, behind every successful man is a woman.  Right now, if In Joon is going to be successful, like it or not, he needs Hae Ra.  She has put as much, or more energy into to bringing In Joon back to his original state as she did in bringing him down.  She is smart, she is focused and she is farsighted.  In Joon, stop being dumb and use your assets to your advantage.    

I am going to express some thoughts that have been on my mind for a while now.  Many are blaming the lack of communication all on Hae Ra, including me.   However, I have to lay some of that blame at In Joon's feet.  How, you might ask? 

When Soo-Hyun went to In Joon and told him about Hae-Ra and gave him the documents she found, instead of In Joon confronting Hae-Ra, all he said to Hae-Ra is "Do you have something you want to tell me"?  UH?  Do you have something you want to tell me, really.  If I was In-Joon, "Hae-Ra, we need to talk.  I have these documents, which indicate that Tae O and you plotted to breakup the relationship between Soo-Hyun and me (show her the documents), what is going on"?  "I want you to explain it to me."  That conversation alone would have saved his butt from going to jail.  During the same discussion, Hae-Ra to In Joon, "do you have anything to tell me"? No, no, no!  It should have been ... Hae-Ra to In-Joon, "Is it true you had an affair with my sister"? Is she in a comma because of you, tell me what happened"? That was the time for her to come clean (had he asked) and tell him about the information she had and the her questions about the relationship between him and her sister.  If they had that conversation, the writer, director, producer and cast would have had extra episodes to SMARTLY plan the down fall of the brother and mother and perhaps give us some background on the sister-in-law.  Also, both his uncle and her best friend would still be alive. (Perhaps we could have also been treated to a nice wedding.) 

As you can see confronting the problem up front and asking the right questions can save lives, and keep one out of jail.  Perhaps the next K-drama which this writer has an opportunity to write the script for, this idea will take hold and the characters will not richard simmonsume but ask questions, and get answers.  The writer must remember the audience want answers, not misunderstandings. Both of these characters are over thirty; therefore, we want to see smart characters in mature relationships.   

My 3 cents...

I find it funny how focused everyone is on HR not being deserving of a reconciliation with IJ due to the part she played in him going to jail. The only part she played was giving him the sleeping pill that kept him from the board meeting. But, let's say for argument sake, he had been there. He would not have gotten in the meeting, and if he had, the directors would have turned on him, as JH had already paid them off to get their support. Evil stepbrother still had to be voted in and it passed because he had a little bit of the majority.

HR's mistake was believing all of the circumstantial evidence she was presented with, and not having at least one piece of hard evidence. In her defense, there was a LOT. First the loan guy retrieved the hospital record. She saw the notes from Dr. Kim stating it wasn't a suicide. She saw how her sister was found and she saw the receipt from the hospital with IJ's signature on it. She recognized his handwriting. Then she was told this was all true from the doctor himself, and the stepmother. It took ALL of that for her to believe it. She doubted it up until that point. The combination of the CCTV picture of IJ and her sister and the stepmother confirming the details of that night is when it finally became real for her. Was it stupid, yes, but I can still see why she would believe it.

However, no one is discussing IJ's role in what happened to her sister. Yes, they had contact, and he ended up saving her life by breaking into her car and taking her to the hospital. However, after he found out how she got like that, he sat quiet and pretended like it didn't happen. His passive actions back then is what led to the karmic unfairness of him going to jail. He said it himself, that he should've done or said something then and he did nothing.Although I feel the secretary uncle had more fault than anyone because he is the one who helped cover it all up back then.

I want to give IJ more credit, but he has been frustrating throughout the drama. First, he came back and wanted revenge on his father and stepbrother. He did nothing. He took the little position at the company and then failed at getting Gold Shoes to where he wanted it to be. That is why he went and looked for HR to begin with, he needed someone who was a good designer and could make shoes and had a passion for it like his mother did. Of all of those people, including those crappy designers who disrespect HR, no one was getting the job done. They may not like that she is the CEO now, but had it not been for her, they would've all been out of jobs. JH was going to absolve the company and still plans to do so which is why he used the shoe company as the cover for his slush fund.

The real betrayal did come from mommie dearest and her evil son. The pushed him out of Gold Shoes, took his shares that he willingly handed over, not because of HR, but because he wanted to get back at his father who just wanted him to work for the company. Then they penned the sister's attempted murder on him. I want to feel more sympathy for IJ, but he was dumber than HR. Now after two years of sitting in jail, the only thing he could come up with was trying to sway some directors? Why would they side with a felon? Make it make sense. Even the factory worker guy was like make sure you focus on the right people. Had it not been for HR and useless SIL, IJ would not have a leg to stand on right now.

Finally, SH. I still don't like her. Why is she trying to get revenge on HR? Is she still mad she didn't marry IJ? That wouldn't have happened even if HR wasn't in the picture.She hasn't accepted that IJ never loved her like she wanted. She hasn't accepted that it was all an arrangement from the very beginning. She is also horrible person. I get that she doesn't want to be with TH, he's not my favorite person either, but that's your child. How do you just pretend like you don't have a child? She has no right to judge HR, when she didn't disclose to IJ her secret daughter.  I also don't feel sorry for the father. The family that he "chose" has been keeping him as a human vegetable. Karma is a funny thing.

1 hour ago, nubianlegalmind said:

My 3 cents...

I find it funny how focused everyone is on HR not being deserving of a reconciliation with IJ due to the part she played in him going to jail. The only part she played was giving him the sleeping pill that kept him from the board meeting. But, let's say for argument sake, he had been there. He would not have gotten in the meeting, and if he had, the directors would have turned on him, as JH had already paid them off to get their support. Evil stepbrother still had to be voted in and it passed because he had a little bit of the majority.

HR's mistake was believing all of the circumstantial evidence she was presented with, and not having at least one piece of hard evidence. In her defense, there was a LOT. First the loan guy retrieved the hospital record. She saw the notes from Dr. Kim stating it wasn't a suicide. She saw how her sister was found and she saw the receipt from the hospital with IJ's signature on it. She recognized his handwriting. Then she was told this was all true from the doctor himself, and the stepmother. It took ALL of that for her to believe it. She doubted it up until that point. The combination of the CCTV picture of IJ and her sister and the stepmother confirming the details of that night is when it finally became real for her. Was it stupid, yes, but I can still see why she would believe it.

However, no one is discussing IJ's role in what happened to her sister. Yes, they had contact, and he ended up saving her life by breaking into her car and taking her to the hospital. However, after he found out how she got like that, he sat quiet and pretended like it didn't happen. His passive actions back then is what led to the karmic unfairness of him going to jail. He said it himself, that he should've done or said something then and he did nothing.Although I feel the secretary uncle had more fault than anyone because he is the one who helped cover it all up back then.

I want to give IJ more credit, but he has been frustrating throughout the drama. First, he came back and wanted revenge on his father and stepbrother. He did nothing. He took the little position at the company and then failed at getting Gold Shoes to where he wanted it to be. That is why he went and looked for HR to begin with, he needed someone who was a good designer and could make shoes and had a passion for it like his mother did. Of all of those people, including those crappy designers who disrespect HR, no one was getting the job done. They may not like that she is the CEO now, but had it not been for her, they would've all been out of jobs. JH was going to absolve the company and still plans to do so which is why he used the shoe company as the cover for his slush fund.

The real betrayal did come from mommie dearest and her evil son. The pushed him out of Gold Shoes, took his shares that he willingly handed over, not because of HR, but because he wanted to get back at his father who just wanted him to work for the company. Then they penned the sister's attempted murder on him. I want to feel more sympathy for IJ, but he was dumber than HR. Now after two years of sitting in jail, the only thing he could come up with was trying to sway some directors? Why would they side with a felon? Make it make sense. Even the factory worker guy was like make sure you focus on the right people. Had it not been for HR and useless SIL, IJ would not have a leg to stand on right now.

Finally, SH. I still don't like her. Why is she trying to get revenge on HR? Is she still mad she didn't marry IJ? That wouldn't have happened even if HR wasn't in the picture.She hasn't accepted that IJ never loved her like she wanted. She hasn't accepted that it was all an arrangement from the very beginning. She is also horrible person. I get that she doesn't want to be with TH, he's not my favorite person either, but that's your child. How do you just pretend like you don't have a child? She has no right to judge HR, when she didn't disclose to IJ her secret daughter.  I also don't feel sorry for the father. The family that he "chose" has been keeping him as a human vegetable. Karma is a funny thing.

This post for the win!

EH I dont agree with some of that IJ was focus on the right people already  she just happen to be part of his next target..He even told her to stay out of his way or he will come for her next.

Also  realistically what can he plan from a prison cell? Those 2 out there did not have any real connections,   he had no one actually in the company to count on or anything its pretty unfair to expect some miracle .

Another thing he always felt guilty about not reporting his brother when he found her sister ,this is one of the reasons I think he was not as mad at her as he would have been. 

3 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

HR's mistake was believing all of the circumstantial evidence she was presented with, and not having at least one piece of hard evidence.

People here have been convicted of murder with far less circumstantial evidence she had to work with. I'm not saying it is right but sadly it happens.

12 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

People here have been convicted of murder with far less circumstantial evidence she had to work with. I'm not saying it is right but sadly it happens.

Yeah it really it is  a messed up situation all she wanted was justice but she hurt the one person that really loved her and even save her sister.She cant forgive herself and  neither can he.....for now.

She obviously trying to correct all her mistakes while punishing herself.I think he will forgive her and I think will lift the burden off of herself.

Finally, SH. I still don't like her. Why is she trying to get revenge on HR? Is she still mad she didn't marry IJ? That wouldn't have happened even if HR wasn't in the picture.

SH is one of the characters we didn’t get the chance to know probably, the writer only scratched the surface with her story  , like @Lmangla said we only see , SH kind of hung up on In Joon . 

In my mind SH wanting a revenge on Hae-Ra now it’s a silly . Hae-Ra barely seemed bothered about SH , the writer’s mainly concentrated on SH jealousy & hurt. I don’t know if is an oversight on their part considering Hae-Ra actively flaunted the fact she messed up her relationship on several occasions. But It clear that , SH dislike Hae-Ra long before everything start , and never stop hating  her because she teamed up with Tae oh and she caused the only person she cared about misery & pain . Hae Ra can’t put right her actions and SH never going to be nice to Hae-Ra as she wasn’t before Hae-Ra come between her and In Joon’s . If funny how , In Joon loving Hae Ra just gave SH added ammunition to not like Hae Ra and the driving force behind her bad opinion of Hae-Ra and her inability to move on.For me personally I’d throttle someone if they broke my relationship, So I am not surprised SH , hated her that much . 

10 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Finally, SH. I still don't like her. Why is she trying to get revenge on HR? Is she still mad she didn't marry IJ? That wouldn't have happened even if HR wasn't in the picture.She hasn't accepted that IJ never loved her like she wanted. She hasn't accepted that it was all an arrangement from the very beginning. She is also horrible person. I get that she doesn't want to be with TH, he's not my favorite person either, but that's your child. How do you just pretend like you don't have a child? She has no right to judge HR, when she didn't disclose to IJ her secret daughter.

yea, she is a strange one. after some thought, my guess is that she is hung up on injoon because she perhaps felt that she could have a stable relationship with him and have some happiness. so her anger with hera is that her potential happiness was snatched. she seems to be a terror on her blind dates and people in general and so folks obviously avoid her. injoon on the other hand just gave her this bored look where he ignored her antics and he was always in control -- not her, but him. with taeoh, he is forever mopey and not putting her in place enough. with injoon, she always lost. maybe she just wants a guy where she is not in control? hard to tell what her actual deal is since we didn't get enough insight and we still don't know why she abandoned jennie and pretends that her kid doesn't exist...  and we are a few episodes from everything winding down. at this stage, it looks like she will be alone while taeoh and jennie probably pack their bags back to hong kong.

12 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Sorry to cut your post chingu. Especially when I agree with all of it. Just wanted to add my own 2 cents to your 3 cents :lol:

how you say IJ was passive with Hrs sister case reminds me of in the very beginning of the show when he sat passively in his car as HR’s shop was raided and I think she was even hurt. His secretary asked if they should go out to help her but he said no and just sat back in his chair. That stayed with me till now cause I didn’t like that scene at all. He’s not a bad person for the kind bad persn he could have been growing up as a chaebol. But that doesn’t mean he’s innocent and completely good either.had the takes been turned, would he have done the same as HR did?

12 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I’ve really tried to understand SH and like her, but honestly I can’t stand her either. I’m just sick of her being so sick of HR. I get that she’s scorned woman but she shouldn’t have treated HR so badly from the beginning when HR wasn’t even hitting on IJ or nothing. And also put responsibility on IJ s hypocrisy for how everything went down instead wanting to kill HR then destroy her. I mean doesn’t this woman have bigger fish to fry?! If her mom trying to set her up in another arranged marriage with better candidate SH interested in, then yes it obvious she in love with IJ and taking it out on HR. But man there’s a limit really. How many more hissy fits she gotta have before she finally gets over herself? Your child knows you’re her mom for Chrissakes! And really, after meeting her you still not attached or miss her at all and want some sort of relationship with her? At this rate SH doesn’t even deserve Jennie, Jennie deserves way better,  

As someone who used to really like SooHyun's character and thought the writers would do her justice (they gave up on her character around episode 20ish), here is my take on the character and more especially her relation with JTO and Jennie.

First, I need to say: I'm watching the drama in Korean, not using any sub if I don't understand something (happened once last week), I ask my Korean roommate who is often around when I watch the show.

Secondly, I'm busy right now so I'll write a better and more complete "my view on SooHyun" message later on.

It's important to remember that her first scene with Tae Oh is him announcing he is dying: Koreans do not use pronouns and he said "Dying" to which she responded by saying to continue to die because they were already dead anyway. He never once says Jennie was the one daying and I don't know where the 2 persons who posted about it back then got it from?
I myself realized it was about Jennie when we learned that she was sick.

Also, SooHyun's didn't know Tae Oh was raising their child neither she did know if Jennie was still alive or well. In the airport scene, the nanny said Tae Oh need to tell SooHyun they found their child but he refused and said she now abandoned them. While, yes she gave up on him and to some extent her child, she didn't know Jennie was with him or that she was sick.

From the little screentime she, JTO or her family got, here was I gathered: Her mother kept telling her to marry someone who is rich and can help her. She told her at least twice that she doesn't and never loved her father but that she does "love" SooHyun and she needs her to do what she wants and to copy what she did. That type of behaviour is not something that happens when someone is an adult, pretty sure she grew up being told that. Her mom was pretty proud of the fact that SooHyun always did what she told her and like she told to Tae OH, if she was putting food in front of SooHyun and tell her to not eat it, then SooHyunwould listen to her. She has been raised to be her mother's puppy and that is why it's so hard for her to disobey her mother.
Imagine being a child, someone put (surely more than once) candies in front of you and told you to not touch it, not eat it. In the end, you lost your will to fight.

Her mother also harmed Jennie twice. The first time when she was born (I would love to know how she got her/kidnapped her from the hospital) and got rid of her before Tae Oh found her.
The second time, SooHyun's was at fault for telling about the kidney donation but when she realized her mistake, she immediately went to save her child and got her safely back to Tae Oh. The only time she went against her mother in the present time, we know she went against her parents once to be with Tae Oh.

Now, we don't have any idea what happened between Tae Oh and her, how they feel in love, their relation, if she wanted Jennie or not (could have aborted if she didn't want her though), we got one flashback they played like 5 times and nothing more.
We do know she really loved Tae Oh, because of the book " Crazy in love" and the dedication she wrote in it.

She is miserable, she said it herself in the car scene with Tae Oh. Went he screamed and said he and Jennie were the miserable ones and not her. The way she glared at him makes me think that she doesn't realize how they feel just like he doesn't realize how she feels. That day was the first time she was seeing her daughter since her mom took her away, did you guys saw how scared, curious and emotional she was. The actress is doing an awesome job at showing her emotions.

That same day she went to see her child at the playground, which later got her scolded by Tae Oh because he didn't saw her. She was so moved by the fact her child was here, alive and sort of well that she almost got into a car accident!

Now the whole "you need to give her your kidney" and her refusal make no sense. She never took the tests how they are so sure she was compatible? Also, she does care for Jennie and showed it a lot of time so I have no idea why the writers kept writing her off like this.
You think she doesn't care about, you are wrong:

- Went to her mom to actually to her about Jennie and already planned to takes 10 days off and give it to her (then suddenly it was no no no)

- Saved her from her mother

- Watched her from far away (rather than showing off like "I'm your mom hi")

- She and Tae Oh were arguing last week when he got the call about her being in the hospital and left without her. She followed, stayed and waited to ask if she was okay. No one forced her, she did it because she was worried.

- She cries or always has tears in her eyes when her child is around.
- Broke down, when her kid called her auntie then mom (hospital).

- Jennie is aware SooHyun's is her donor and has been in touch with her during the 2 years gap, which is why she got so needy about SooHyun's presence.

About HaeRa and her hate for her. The writers once again did a poor job, at first it makes sense she disliked her: she was stealing her fiancee and going out with her ex (which we sort of got hint she might still love). Then HaeRa used Jennie against her, and it must have hurt. To be called "Jennie's mom" when you were ripped off this right.....

little edit: I would like to remark that SooHyun's has absolutely no idea how to act around Jennie or how to interact with her. Their car scene is the proof of it. She was angry at her mom (and surely herself) and wanted to say things but in the en,d she "scolded" Jennie and because she had no idea how to comfort her she told her "stop crying". 
When Jennie mentioned her mother, watch the actress expression: smile, disbelief, sadness, anger. And once again she didn't know what to say/do and ended up asking about her seat belt. 

That's all for now, don't have time to write more. But I'll be happy to hear what you think.

About In Joon, I think she was actually in love with him but also her pride got hurt. From the way I see it, In Joon is like her father (he seems way more aggressive than her mother). The fact that 2 years after she is still at his side and still wants him/help him means a lot.

6 hours ago, Heartbreakn said:

As someone who used to really like SooHyun's character and thought the writers would do her justice (they gave up on her character around episode 20ish), here is my take on the character and more especially her relation with JTO and Jennie.

First, I need to say: I'm watching the drama in Korean, not using any sub if I don't understand something (happened once last week), I ask my Korean roommate who is often around when I watch the show.

Secondly, I'm busy right now so I'll write a better and more complete "my view on SooHyun" message later on.

This is why I love this forum, we get opinions from all angles.  Some of the points you've made are valid and I agree with.

I think that SooHyun felt uneasy with HaeRa the first time she met her because, she saw her as someone who InJoon could fall in love with.  However, the way she went about it was not cool, she tried to berate and belittle HaeRa without any justification. Every time SH saw HR she verbally attacked her, even when she assured her she was not interested in InJoon.  Was it in episode 2 or 3 that InJoon tried to kiss HaeRa and she would not let him.  He was ripe for the pickings, he never loved SH, and was going to use her and her father's money to get revenge.  For me, none of the adult characters in this drama are without flaws.  At least HaeRa warned InJoon upfront that whatever she does, do not fall in love with her.  I admit, at times I felt sorry for SH because she fell in love with InJoon, but his heart was already going to HaeRa without her doing anything.  Remember it was only when he saw the picture of her and TH together that he announced his engagement to SH.  (It was SH who made sure he saw the picture.)  It wasn't until official engagement that HaeRa went into scheme mode, before that the only thing she had to do is breath and InJoon was hers.

I agree with you the SH has feelings for her daughter, and I think she did love TO; however, I think after she "messed up" got pregnant, her mother told her she would fix it if SH did xyz... leave TO, forget the baby, do what she tells her to, and she would make the baby disappear.  I think that is why, although SH wanted to marry for love (because she had been in love before), she allowed her mother to run her life.  SH is a lonely person, and I could feel sorry for her; however, I don't because just as TO, she is also a manipulator.  Although IJ told her point blank that he did not want to marry her, she was going to make him marry her.  She even sent out wedding invitations after he tried to end it with her.  

This is a good drama, but as many are stating, the writer missed major marks when writing the script.  I still have questions about several points that might never be addressed.  I would have liked to know more of SH and TO's story, I would like to know more about the InJoon's sister-in-law, I would like to know the motive behind the mystery woman, who was she.  However, I have little hope that these questions will be addressed satisfactorily.  

Archived