[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, anony12345 said:

He has no idea if it's a clean slate though - he's not questioning anything when it comes to her which is my issue with the way his character is behaving at the moment. She played him at the start but now that he knows he most likely got played he's still not questioning anything

If there was no her being Tae Oh's boyfriend, or the pics and whatnot than fair - she got in his sights and he fell for her as she planned but that's not how the story has gone

Ah, now I know the source of your argument.  If you go back and look at the first or second episode, you will see that Hae-Ra had interactions with In-Joon before Tae Oh approached her.  The chemistry and attraction between the two was already there.  Therefore, she did not play him from the beginning.  Even when she enter into the agreement with Tae-Oh, she told In-Joon that whatever she does, please do not fall for her.  Remember her sister's well-being was being threatened.  I think if you look it from that point of view you might see it differently.   In-Joon thought about all of that, and decided that he liked her enough to take a chance. What is there to question, people move on to new relationships all the time.  In-Joon is smart enough to know that her relationship with Tae-Oh is not serious or a threat to his feelings for Hae-Ra.  He wants to be with her, even if she does not feel the same way about him.  He was going to marry Soo-Hyun, not for love, but for business purposes; therefore, he can say to Hae-Ra, I like you even if you do not like me, wait for me, trust me.  From the start, Soo-Hyun knew that there was an attraction between the two.  Why do you think she went after Hae-Ra the way she did.  She knew that this is the girl that can steal his heart.  Again, this happened after the helicopter ride, but before, Hae-Ra's agreement with

Tae-Oh. Why do you think Tae-Oh approached her?  It is because he knew there was an attraction between the two.

Question to all:  Have you ever been attracted to someone and know that the feeling is mutual; however, because of circumstances you cannot act on it?  In-Joon knows that Hae-Ra feels something for him and he is willing to pursuit it and see if eventually he can make her return his feelings, which she does (she told her sister about feeling excited...she has fallen also).  The kiss was so sweet.

Because she genuinely likes In-joon, it makes me sad that Hae-Ra will play him in the coming episodes, erroneously thinking he had something to so with her sister's condition.  Hae-Ra is street smart and she should  follow her instincts that In-Joon could have never been involved in her sister's possible murder attempt.  A man who could cry because of her being hurt, a man who loves his mother, would not have been involved in hurting Hae-Ra's sister.  I just hope this story line does not go on past two episodes.  

@anony12345  Is your argument based solely on the fact that you think Hae-Ra played In-Joon?  What about Soo-Hyun?  She has a child, isn't she "playing" In-Joon also?  About the clean slate... at their age, who has a clean slate?  Their past relationships should not be a apart of the equation.  

On 1/5/2019 at 12:10 PM, Heartbreakn said:

I felt so heartbroken when she realized her mother will harm Jennie and went to save her. The whole car scene and Jennie calling her "Auntie" ("who was this grandmother?" "Who are you Auntie" </3) while asking her to not cry while SooHYun asked her the same just moment ago when she asked her if she was an idiot (to follow stranger). Imagine being this close to your child, to love her and yet to be only a stranger for her. Even if she decides to be involved with Jennie in the future episodes, it will never replace all those years lost.

Also, the way she looks anywhere but at her child, heartbreaking.

I guess her mother was right, SooHyun's weakness is JTO and their child.

I have to agree with part of your statement, Soo-Hyun is pitiful. She hides her vulnerability under a tough exterior.  (I am sure breaking up with Tae-Oh and giving up her baby tore her apart.) She has learned from her mother, to be hard, and uncaring.  I do not think she loves In-Joon; however, she thinks marrying him will free her from her mother's strings.  Soo-Hyun told In-Joon, you can keep Hae-Ra in your heart, but I will have your name, children and inheritance.  When she included inheritance, I knew Soo-Hyun was marrying In-Joon for security.  However, what she doesn't realize is that living with someone who doesn't love you, who will start to resent you because they feel trapped is a living hell.  After a while, the inheritance is not important at all.

The scene between SooHyun and Jenny was so touching.  Even if she cannot claim her daughter, she does not want anyone to harm her.  I hope in the end Soo-Hyun thanks In-Joon for not marrying her, rely on that inter strength she has to save her daughter's life.  I also feel sorry for Tae-oh.  I do not like his methods, but  I think he would do anything to save his daughter's life.  I also know that he still loves Soo-Hyun.  He may not admit it; but he is not over Soo-Hyun.  He reminded her about their engagement, and he did not bad mouth her to Jenny, but praised her, nor could he tell the reporter her secret.   There were other ways of getting to Soo-Hyun; however, Tae-Oh doesn't want this marriage to take place because if it doesn't he still might have a future with her.  

Who I can never feel sorry for is the grandmother,  how can you plot to harm your own grandchild?  Both mothers in this drama are the pits because how do you help your son harm another human and possibly commit murder?  I wonder if she has something to do with In-Joon's mother's death?  It would not be beneath her.  

I am impatiently waiting for the next episodes, as I want to find out what Hae-Ra learns about her sister's condition. 

I don't care about her playing him - that's the main crux of the story. My issue is he knows he's getting played but isn't questioning anything whilst going full steam ahead, and I can just see it ending up being the kdrama trope of asking the obvious questions at a later date to increase angst levels.

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

I don't care about her playing him - that's the main crux of the story. My issue is he knows he's getting played but isn't questioning anything whilst going full steam ahead, and I can just see it ending up being the kdrama trope of asking the obvious questions at a later date to increase angst levels.

I understand.

She has learned from her mother, to be hard, and uncaring.  I do not think she loves In-Joon; however, she thinks marrying him will free her from her mother's strings. 

Intriguing,But for the life of me, I can't think she’s doing all that to be free  from her mother's strings. I think she’s  doing it to gain the money and power , even if I could remember correctly she told In joon’s dad to give them everything while playing the innocent fiancé . It’s pure greed. 

For me talking with mother about her chat with journalist and thinking nothing will happen was very delusional for her part. Her relationship with her mother is one of the relationships that grow closer by episodes, they became close once Tae -O came in to the picture . Her mom was the first person she called  when she was in trouble and confined in . I know her Mother is hardly mom of the year material , but at least she tries to hold it together and sort out her daughter problems that’s why I dislike CSH more than her mom . All her mother is thinking is to solve her daughter problem . At the end of the day CSH didn't give a damn about Her daughter for the 9 years of her life so grandmother didn’t think her daughter would care if she was gone for ever . That why I don’t give any credit to CSH saving her daughter life , she was more responsible for the situation more than the mother .She keep building  up the perfect scenario for days to show her mother how stress she was about the whole situation and hasn’t been honest with her . 

Soo-Hyun told In-Joon, you can keep Hae-Ra in your heart, but I will have your name, children and inheritance.  When she included inheritance, I knew Soo-Hyun was marrying In-Joon for security.  However, what she doesn't realize is that living with someone who doesn't love you, who will start to resent you because they feel trapped is a living hell.  After a while, the inheritance is not important at all.

She  just can’t get over betrayal quickly, everything she said was typical CSH doesn’t forgive easily want everyone unhappy like her . She is a character known to lash out and say thing to get reaction and  hurt him  . She putting up a fight ,she isn’t ready to lose thing more than ever because she know her dad was humiliated and they were put in corner either die or go with the deal. 

On 1/3/2019 at 6:57 AM, purplebass said:

What will In Joon do when he confirms Hae Ra has been doing all of this to break he and Soo Hyun? I think that somehow, he won't care. First, because he's the first person who doesn't want to get married with Soo Hyun. Second, because I guess he is aware of Hae Ra's feelings. No matter what she does, a part of her likes him. So even if it will come to the point that Hae Ra's ethics will win and she will push him away in order to preserve her morality (the fact that she seduced him on purpose to gain a better status and that at the moment he's the presumed man who made Hyun Joo like that), I think that In Joon will still pursue her because he'll know her interest has become sincere. And if Hae Ra discovers it wasn't him who hurt her sis, then I think she could decide to give into love... although she's meet him like this. And it could happen that In Joon will help her uncover who is the real culprit.

@purplebass I completely agree about In Joon's reaction in this scenario; he won't care and he will forgive her. My worry though, is that someone is going to twist the issue of her sister's coma and possible affair with his brother to drive a wedge between In Joon and Hae Ra. I hope they are able to partner together to uncover the truth too. 

Also, I too felt that her calling him was instinctual and out of need not calculation; it was just a the moment of the kiss that I felt her brain kicked in. It was not heartfelt on her side I think. Not like the peck she gives him in the next episode.

On 1/3/2019 at 1:21 AM, Lmangla said:

hera and injoon's relationship is really interesting because it doesn't follow a typical pattern of seduction. so hera is not typically chasing him like a second lead. she is not doing anything super active to catch his attention besides staying late at work. but if he doesn't pop up when he does, then her staying late has no effect. she is not calling him, she is not actively seeking him out when he is alone. instead, he is the one who is seeking her out. he is the one who gave his number, asked her to call him. he is the one who is openly staring at her and seeking her company. so there is a very interesting standoffish quality to hera that injoon is actively pursuing her. so the seduction is more of her staying still and drawing him like a magnet.

had to laugh when she told tae oh that she was the one who is seducing him and not him, so he shouldn't give tips. ^_^ .. this seduction is interesting because it lies somewhere in the middle between genuine interest and calculation. for example, her choice of gifting him shoes. she knows how much it means to him and so she gifts him something that she knows would move him. however, like she said, making something is a labour of love and creativity and needs to reflect that and only then it will be successful. so her shoes had to have something of her heart. in the same way, his choice of giving her shoes is something that moved her more than any other possible gifts because she is a shoe designer.

find it interesting that neither hide their attraction or connection to each other and so we have this sizzling staring. hera's calculation is in that she is encouraging the staring by staring back and not running away from the attraction and the connection.

@Lmangla I also agree with you here. Her seduction is one of a kind lol. I don't think I have seen it's like in a K-drama before. She does nothing and he looks for her.... she scrapes her knee and he cries for her! He is a total goner and she didn't even have to try! I love it! In a way, she has yet to do anything she would need to be ashamed of or feel guilty about because the connection between them is so strong and so fast. You are right that he has touched her heart already and I do not think she realizes it yet; subconsciously though, that could be why she has not put any effort into really seducing him.

Very late response I know! Sorry, work got in the way.... trying to catch up on my show forums now and oh lord, too many comments to read lol

January 12, 2019

Lee Min Jung And Joo Sang Wook Are Met With Different Reactions From His Parents On “Fates And Furies”

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Lee Min Jung And Joo Sang Wook Are Met With Different Reactions From His Parents On âFates And Furiesâ

Things are getting more complicated for Joo Sang Wook and Lee Min Jung in SBS’s weekend drama “Fates and Furies.”

The drama has released new stills showing the pair meeting with Tae In Joon (Joo Sang Wook)’s parents. His father and stepmother have different reactions about his relationship with Goo Hae Ra (Lee Min Jung).

First, Goo Hae Ra meets with Han Sung Sook (Song Ok Suk), Tae In Joon’s stepmother. Goo Hae Ra tries to remain calm as Han Sung Sook observes her with an intrigued expression on her face. Considering the fact that she isn’t on the best of terms with Tae In Joon, it will be interesting to see what kind of conversation the two share.

The production staff stated, “After learning about the shocking truth of her sister’s past, Goo Hae Ra will be on a war path as she seeks revenge. We think viewers will be interested to see what kind of synergy Goo Hae Ra and Han Sung Sook will have.”

Lee-Min-Jung-Song-Ok-Suk.jpg

Meanwhile, Tae In Joon and his father Tae Il Poon (Go In Bum) are having a tense standoff as they glare at each other. Tae In Joon refuses to step down from his stance while Tae Il Poon looks like he’s ready to explode, and as their voices raise in volume, the father grabs at the back of his neck as though his blood pressure is skyrocketing because of his son.

With Goo Hae Ra, however, Tae In Joon is as sweet as can be, hugging her and looking at peace. He looks a little worn down but is able to smile as he holds her in his arms. The production staff stated, “As the romance between Goo Hae Ra and Tae In Joon deepens, his relationship with his father will worsen. We hope viewers will continue to watch Tae In Joon and Goo Hae Ra as they try to navigate through the various obstacles that stand in the way of their relationship.”

Joo-Sang-Wook-Go-In-Bum-Lee-Min-Jung.jpg

“Fates and Furies” is a melodrama that tells the story of four people, a woman who loves a man to change her fate, a man who loves a woman because he believes she’s his fate, a woman who tries to get a man to fulfill a goal, and a man who tries to win that woman back out of revenge. The drama’s next episodes will air on January 12 at 9:05 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2)

It is probably just me but , on the whole , I ‘ve found today’s episodes rather depressing & disappointed, I didn’t like the idea Hae-Ra was played by the despicable the step mother of  In joon.:triumph:

I need to rewatch it later in week to make sense to it all , the writer’s keep adding up things last minutes , now we learn sister was pregnant  <_<:mellow::o

27 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

It is probably just me but , on the whole , I ‘ve found today’s episodes rather depressing & disappointed, I didn’t like the idea Hae-Ra was played by the despicable the step mother of  In joon.:triumph:

I need to rewatch it later in week to make sense to it all , the writer’s keep adding up things last minutes , now we learn sister was pregnant  <_<:mellow::o

So I wonder  if his bro was cheating on his wife with her?

28 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

So I wonder  if his bro was cheating on his wife with her?

Yes ,  he was married  , when he brings his mistress to live with him in the city  , and it’s look like she came to his father home to pressure him to take responsibility for the baby and that when father know about her stalking his son but the mother and In joon’s uncle clean the mess , and the later not aware she was framing  his nephew in the way . 

This week episodes were boring and it was like all the characters personalities changed. I'm very disappointed because I like this drama a lot and waiting a week for 4 episodes is somewhat way more difficult than waiting for 6 days for a weekly drama.

A little late but I just realized, how do they know that SooHyun is a compatible donor? She never took the tests to found out if she was compatible. So rather than keeping asking for her kidney, shouldn't they ask for her to take the test?

14 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Yes ,  he was married  , when he brings his mistress to live with him in the city  , and it’s look like she came to his father home to pressure him to take responsibility for the baby and that when father know about her stalking his son but the mother and In joon’s uncle clean the mess , and the later not aware she was framing  his nephew in the way . 

I really hate this family bunch of evil garbage the  wife recordings and such going to come in real handy

It sad to see TIJ so happy with all his decision because HR is by his side, and HR so conflicted with him she seem surprise twice by him, when he gave  everything up for her and when he propose, she actually looked really happy.

You can see how conflicted she was when she was looking at the ring then look at those notebooks on his shelf.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

I really hate this family bunch of evil garbage the  wife recordings and such going to come in real handy

It sad to see TIJ so happy with all his decision because HR is by his side, and HR so conflicted with him she seem surprise twice by him, when he gave  everything up for her and when he propose, she actually looked really happy.

You can see how conflicted she was when she was looking at the ring then look at those notebooks on his shelf.

They’re really showing family at its finest in this home , poor thing she lives with criminal, no surprise she keep recording, but in next episodes I think she is telling  Hae Ra’s sister story back then to someone , could be Hae Ra  ? Or it’s a simple falshback about what happen . 

I agree , it was sad their scene together , and it gonna stay like that for the next episodes , because they are a couple who are facing a huge challenge . but  I am disappointed she slept with him , she take it too far .the uncle will play revenge card to break them apart now . 

Archived