[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

0ly40

Had a time to screen last night's episode and it looks like at least to me that JY is trying to find himself and while doing so the policewoman came along so i think JY thinks that this is maybe the best for him. Doing what he likes and being with the person who shares the same likes as him. He is just comfortable with the situation and thinks that its the best. But he was not over his feelings for YJ. The shock in his face was obvious when YJ & HC came. 

As for YJ i think she tried to excel in her field as well. Focused on developing herself as a stylist. But like some of you guys think, i believe that YJ & HC isnt together. They are just friends. 

I'd feel sad for the policewoman cause she was so inlove with JY.

I think JY's character dislikes being in a stressful situation. He'd rather have a laid back type of relationship where everything falls in to place quickly. Just like how he planned it to be. 

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlexandraReid said:

3. [+438,-11]
Policewoman Min should be like in the drama 'Something Happened in Bali', and shoot everyone. What's this? 

Ahahaha. OMG. Never doubt the intensity of K-netizens!

--

Okay, wow. I too have so many feelings.

Young-Jae married Ho-Chul? WHUT.

I was not expecting that. So she dumped Joon-Young to be with Ho-Chul?

Huh...

I am gobsmacked.

I'm not disappointed or sad. But I did not see that coming.

I guess I wanted to believe that Young-Jae had better, more lofty reasons for kicking Joon-Young to the curb. She did not seem into Ho-Chul at all, so he could sing and dance for her all he wanted, but it would not work. That is not why she dumped her lovely Joon-Young, right? But now it just seems like she wanted a "better on paper" guy. I guess I can't blame her, but that's what it looks like, at least on the surface.

Maybe after a period of recovering, Ho-Chul was still there for her and it does make sense for a young woman to move on.

I don't know. I demand an explanation.

I need Ri-Won to analyze this situation for me!

--

Se-Eun is not long for this relationship, I'm afraid.

Joon-Young may be comfortable, but she's the one working her butt off for this relationship. She always looks nervous, like she's not sure of him. When proposing, he said he feels bad because he hasn't done enough for her. She's like the Joon-Young of the relationship when he was with Young-Jae the 2nd time. I guess the lesson is that when it comes to love, when you have to work too hard for it, it's not good.

And they already introduced her potential new beau. In a brief scene, they show a fellow policeman who is refusing to date anyone because he is so devoted to his parents for their support in helping him become a policeman, so he's not going to date anyone until he pays them back? Anyway, they introduced him pretty clearly for a reason.

@chickfactor Thanks for the recaps & translation. Life saver ! 

It feels like to me that JY is on a rebound relationship. So in some ways I feel a little sorry for the girl cop. But I won’t go as far as to say I think JY should just marry her since she loves him & she’s  a better fit . He also needs to value her as much. If he does leave her because his heart is not into it , he’s actually being fairer to her in the Long run . I think at the end of the day one has to be honest with oneself. 

I agree @USAFarmgirl that the excessive hate against YJ is too much . Seriously people need to tamper down the comments & see her side of the story . When she let JY go after the 2nd phase , she was being honest to herself & to him. She could not commit to him the way he does to her. Yes , she regrets it but she knew she could not continue it because she was feeling sorry all the time . Life is a learning curve. 

I think this Naver  comment is the best from the above . At least the viewer is asking us not to jump the gun & see Her side of the story first :

It was Ho Chul's wedding anniversary with his ex-wife, so he celebrates that every year. Young Jae just went there to eat together with him, isn't that it? It can't be.. that the two got married and this is their anniversary, right? Even if time passes, Young Jae and Ho Chul are still cool friends, of course, Ho Chul likes Young Jae in his heart. And Joon Young is just comfortable with policewoman Min, they don't have problems, so he felt sorry and thought it was reasonable to propose to her... But I think she's not the person who makes his heart throb... Seo Kang Joon's eyes looked that way. 

5 hours ago, jbying7 said:

PS Lisbon/Portugal looked lovely, I think I just added it to my bucket list...:)

Mine too!!  Saw pics of Portugal / Porta last spring and I loved it.  So, have been saving to go there next spring.  Hopefully I can see all the places he visited.  It was awesome.    

With the latest development, I really don't know if I can bring myself to actually watch the drama or not... Just reading about it already made my heart so very conflicted, much less watching it in motion. I love all the characters in the drama and it just really break my heart to see what they are going through. This isn't even a melodrama and still it pains me so much to know what our leads are going through, because it is so real..... Maybe they should have categorized this as a melo instead of rom-com...? Seriously, is there still the com anywhere? and maybe I should just stick to reading recaps only and watch clips selectively. I really don't think my heart can take the heartbreaks.

YJ and HC never got married.. She told him before she broke up with young JA that she couldn't accept his heart. So I don't think she turned around and married him.  And when officer min asked him what he liked about her he never once said it he was in love with her he said he liked because they like the same things they were on same page.  And when she told him she like them in Portugal he was alone and he was lonely in that was the reason why he went along with it but there is big difference in way he loves YJ as opposed to officer man. O fortunately I'm sorry officer me go get hurt but being comfortable with somebody I can understand but he aint in love with her in the expression on his face when he saw the two together explained at all. And the show is about young JA and YJ not about young Jia in officer me..

1 hour ago, triplem said:

It was Ho Chul's wedding anniversary with his ex-wife, so he celebrates that every year. Young Jae just went there to eat together with him, isn't that it? It can't be.. that the two got married and this is their anniversary, right? Even if time passes, Young Jae and Ho Chul are still cool friends, of course, Ho Chul likes Young Jae in his heart. And Joon Young is just comfortable with policewoman Min, they don't have problems, so he felt sorry and thought it was reasonable to propose to her... But I think she's not the person who makes his heart throb... Seo Kang Joon's eyes looked that way. 

I think it's possible. When Young-Jae was sad that Joon-Young didn't call on her birthday, Ho-Chul was the pinch-hitter.

For the same reason, when Ho-Chul is sad on his wedding anniversary with his wife, maybe Young-Jae is there to be a friend and have a meal with, I guess?

But for now, the episode ended with them looking like a couple so we can see Joon-Young's heart break in two again. So I'll let the show just surprise me tomorrow.

I do have confidence that whatever happens will make sense with the characters they created. Eventually.

--

A few questions, though.

1. So Ho-Chul called to make the reservation. This is a reservation-only restaurant, so could he really not have known that Joon-Young was the chef/owner?

2. When Joo-Ran made that spicy dish for Young-Jae, it made her cry not just because Joon-Young made a birthday meal for her, but Joon-Young made that same dish extra-spicy, because he knew Young-Jae liked it. And remembering all the little, thoughtful things that he did for her all the time was what made her cry.

So how does he become a chef, if his tongue is so sensitive that he has to water down everything? Doesn't he have to taste his own food? Maybe the sensitive palate makes him a better chef?

3. I have a sneaking suspicion that Ri-Won actually liked Sang-Hyun all along, which is why she worked at his bar. I think she keeps him at arm's length just to toy with him. Not a question, just a theory.

7 hours ago, darr said:

I don't like where the drama is heading.

That beautiful cop heart should not be broken for anything.

She is very encouraging and courageous too and a good girlfriend.

I wouldn't want her to get hurt.

I agree... this ep was a real plot twist and since it is called "third time's the charm"... next ep will be their third meeting and there are definitely going to be some broken hearts :(

1 hour ago, Kimberly Jones said:

YJ and HC never got married.. She told him before she broke up with young JA that she couldn't accept his heart. So I don't think she turned around and married him.  And when officer min asked him what he liked about her he never once said it he was in love with her he said he liked because they like the same things they were on same page.  And when she told him she like them in Portugal he was alone and he was lonely in that was the reason why he went along with it but there is big difference in way he loves YJ as opposed to officer man. O fortunately I'm sorry officer me go get hurt but being comfortable with somebody I can understand but he aint in love with her in the expression on his face when he saw the two together explained at all. And the show is about young JA and YJ not about young Jia in officer me..

Yeah.. I think the officer is going to get dumped soon, even though I feel bad for her. It didn't look to me like YJ even liked the plastic surgeon, I think he was just a rebound after JY left Korea. I think JY really likes the officer though, since he did propose to her (something that he didn't do for YJ). I guess we'll see tomorrow!

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

So how does he become a chef, if his tongue is so sensitive that he has to water down everything? Doesn't he have to taste his own food? Maybe the sensitive palate makes him a better chef?

Hasn't he always been the one who cooks in the family? He's a good cook and I think it's great that he followed through with what he enjoys doing.

@USAFarmgirl I always love your paragraph snippets.  It is not that I am cheering JY and not YJ.  It takes two hands to clap so they are both culpable of their disintegrating relationship.  BUT there is one big difference. JY wanted to work it out.  Can you imagine if this couple were to be married?  They would have divorced twice.  No no, this is not what anyone would have want for them.   But I agree with one thing though,  SKJ really nailed it with the emotions.  The longing, the hurt, every emotion was written on his face.  And Esom's too. 

I felt bad and sad for YJ...she tried to move on but failed and now that they meet again, he is happy, but i love how she tried to smile and be happy for his marriage. That must be hard for her. 

The police station scene reminds me of how she reached out to him before but i think she doesnt want to have any connections with him anymore now thats why she didnt call. 

I hope they can still support each other as friends and live a happy life.

The person at dramamilk who recap this show is so right. I want them so mutch apart now.

It make me even feel like the worst because I nearly believe that they make her loose her child so she doesn't seem that bad of a person when they got back together.

We got 4 episodes left and it mean they will get back together but I so don't want it right now. If the writers can make me change my mind, that would make them genius.

17 minutes ago, yusefull said:

The person at dramamilk who recap this show is so right. I want them so mutch apart now.

It make me even feel like the worst because I nearly believe that they make her loose her child so she doesn't seem that bad of a person when they got back together.

We got 4 episodes left and it mean they will get back together but I so don't want it right now. If the writers can make me change my mind, that would make them genius.

I agree. They were at different stages before and now YJ has lost a child and marriage. Goodness. I don't see how the writer gets them back together, and I can't say I want it. There's so much wrong here. 

I would like it if joon young and officer min will end up together. I know Esom is the lead actress, the drama can still focus on their lives but just that they will end up with different people. I wonder if the writers can turn the wheel without making sae eun play the other woman/jealous woman or the miserable woman. It feels like he really likes se eun but has a different chemistry with Young jae. Or may be the two actors have this comfortable chemistry which lets on more than what the director intended to be.  Where as Joon and Young jae had made me feel an uneasiness even when they were being all cute. There would have been some hope if she was still happy or comfortable in her place but knowing that she is so broken and miserable won't let joon to be in peace. Ah what a vicious cycle. Joon has been the insecure person in the relationship before so I hope he will take care of se eun's feelings and will not let her go through that. When Joon and young jae where together they were all smooches and PDA but Joon and SE eun's relationship still seem little cautious (but still comfortable?) is this to show that there is no passion or is it because the writers doesn't want the viewers to root deeply for Se yun-joon couple. 

Ah writers, how are you going to clear this mess? It would have been better if Young jae was little better, but now It will be little difficult for Ho chul's character to come back or to introduce a new character. 

I am sad. This is live shooting right? So maybe the writers will consider viewers opinion and change the ending. Alas! The name of the drama now sounds ominous to me, third time is the charm.-_-

I dont get what some of you want or expected the drama its about these 2 working though various stages and issues  in their life. but some how keep finding themselves meeting each other again an again.

Its not about him and the cop lady or her and the doc is about them finding what they once lost again.Its call the Third Charm for that very reason.

Yes I don´t see how they are gonna get back together. script writer have just showed allot of reason for how they are not right for each other. First time for me to feel this way for the supposed OTP in dramas. I think it would be fresh and bold if they never end up together in the end, consider it is a golden rule for drama writer to give the main leads a happy ever after together. He seems content in his life and happy with cop girl, so I don´t see how he easy gonna break off their engagement. The last thing I would for this drama is going for the cheating route, or making easy way for the main lead to end up together.   

29 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I dont get what some of you want or expected the drama its about these 2 working though various stages and issues  in their life. but some how keep finding themselves meeting each other again an again.

Yes, you will be miserable if you get get caught up in the side story of a drama when the main focus of the drama is something else. You will be pinning on something else but the drama will go on another direction. :tears:

26 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Yes I don´t see how they are gonna get back together. script writer have just showed allot of reason for how they are not right for each other. First time for me to feel this way for the supposed OTP in dramas. I think it would be fresh and bold if they never end up together in the end, consider it is a golden rule for drama writer to give the main leads a happy ever after together. He seems content in his life and happy with cop girl, so I don´t see how he easy gonna break off their engagement. The last thing I would for this drama is going for the cheating route, or making easy way for the main lead to end up together.   

Well, one way they get rid of the second lead is by making them the bad person. The other woman or man will cheat or become possessive  or jealous. Last thing I want to see is Se eun becoming any of these.

Archived