[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

0ly40

Cancer...terminal illness after a few years of a blissful marriage....then they meet again ...

Otherwise him breaking it off with the cop would be awful at this stage...

Having said that JY’s Sister’s statement about them having a proper relationship first since they were a Long distance couple plus other single cop guy may be a way of introducing an exit plan for jy and copgirl’s romance

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Translations of the beginning!

I don't remember what the plastic surgeon's name exactly is, so I'll put him as PS :joy:

"//" means a comment from me personally

*YJ and Plastic surgeon walk in*

JY, YJ stare at each other, eventually YJ and her bf sit down, and JY starts serving them a drink.

YJ (to JY): Do you want to sit for a second?

Plastic Surgeon (to JY): Oh, yes. Please do. We haven't met in a while.

JY: No thanks, You two should talk. *Bows and walks out of the restaurant*

There is then a scene where YJ and JY both look very sad after meeting each other again, it definitely seems like they still have feelings for each other. JY, who is sitting outside, is on the verge of crying.

Inside the restaurant, the plastic surgeon makes small talk about how good the egg tarts are to try and distract YJ from the fact that she met her ex- bf again after years. YJ is not really listening.

YJ (to PS): He is pursuing his dream, he will do well.

PS: It's crazy how you two met again like this.

YJ: I know right.

She takes a drink of her tea.

YJ: I used to really hate Hong Tea, but now I think it is good and refreshing.

PS: Remember when you drank Hong tea the first time you came to my mom's house?

// So she has been to his parent's house multiple times, meaning they already are or are planning to get married

PS: "I wonder what I mean to you... I really did everything to make you love me, but...

Even when I think about it now, I wonder why  I thought I needed to do all of that. " He smiles sadly.

//He noticed that she is affected by meeting JY//

YJ: I know it hasn't been long... but I feel like I was close all this time. It's odd.

From here, it cuts to Officer girl (I'll label her O since a lot of you guys call her the officer)

She is sitting in front of the mirror putting on lotion before bed, she looks at her ring.

Dialogue: Since it hasn't been very long, I thought about it. When exactly did it (me liking JY) actually start?

The scene from when they first met at the police station plays.

O: I am from the --- unit, here is the file.

JY takes the file, and thanks her.

She noticed 4 little cactus plants on his desk. I guess this made her think he was a nice and caring person.

The scene then cuts to when she walked into his hospital room and he was sleeping.

JY *wakes up*: Oh, Officer Min.

O: Oh, I thought you were sleeping, I'm sorry.

JY: No, don't be sorry. I was just laying down for a second.

They make small talk, both commenting on how they like a certain type of bread rolls.

The next scene is from after he resigned when she showed up to his desk with the food he said he liked.

Dialogue O: The moment he left that seat, I became aware of my feelings for him.

More scenes play from the last ep, when they ate together, and when she confessed her feelings to him at the airport.

It cuts back to her in front of her mirror, and she smiles and puts the ring on. The scene where he proposed is played.

// I seriously like them more than JY and YJ. If they break up I will seriously be sad for her:(

She picks up her phone and calls her mom.

O: Mom! Your daughter... got engaged.

We cut to YJ and the PS, who are walking out of the restaurant. They run into JY in the front, and YJ and JY put up some forced smiles.

YJ: The food was really good, we enjoyed it.

PS: Thanks to you, we got to spend some good time together. (He said it in a sincerely nice way, not sarcastically)

// PS, you're a liar lol

JY: I'm glad to hear that.

YJ: Being a chef suits you well *smiles*

JY: Really?

*awkward pause...*

YJ *turns to PS*: You'll be late. We should go now.

PS *Looks at his watch*: Oh, yeah.

YJ (to JY): It was nice seeing you again.

PS (to JY): It was nice seeing you, Officer On-- oh right, I guess you are a chef now.

They all bow to each other, and YJ and the PS take off while JY starts going into his restaurant.

JY stops before going in, and looks back at YJ as she walks next to the PS. He has a sad look on his face, but he smiles and nods, as if to say he's happy that she found someone.

// I really hate the PS for some reason, I want them to break up but not the officer :(

The PS and YJ are walking down to where YJ lives (I think)

// They look very stiff, not like a couple at all. I sense a breakup soon.

They stop in front of the building.

PS: Will you be okay? (talking about him leaving)

YJ: Well yeah, I guess I am. I'll be alone.

PS: That's why I'm worried.

YJ: You'll seriously be late for your flight.

PS: Okay. Go on in.

There is another awkward pause, and they both look like they could cry. There is a lot of tension between them, but neither of them made any effort to try and work it out.

She enters her apartment, looking drained.

It looks like a new place, there are boxes and no furniture yet.

She sits on the floor and replays a thought in her head.

A scene plays from when they were in the restaurant (not one we saw already).

PS: I guess this is the last meal we'll have together.

YJ: I know, right.

PS: For all this time I am truly sorry, but I am also thankful to you.

YJ: The two of us have really gone through a lot of hard times.

It was a sad, but nondramatic breakup. I think at that moment, they both knew that no matter how much they tried, they wouldn't become the right people for each other.

Back in her apartment, YJ gets up and opens the refrigerator, which of course has nothing in it (new apartment).

YJ: The steps leading up to divorce are difficult, but they are as easy as they are painful.

//I am 99% sure she said divorce. Divorce?? So they were married? I guess that's the reason for the new apartment. So they were newlyweds...

Guys, I think I'm done for now... I only did about 1/4 of the ep and already my brain isn't functioning anymore :joy: I hope this drama isn't too rough on some of these characters :(

Edit: Some of the key sections from later on in the episode:

YJ ends up at the police station after defending a child, and JY ends up helping her carry her groceries to her house.

As they are walking:

JY *Looks inside bag*: "What is this? Instant food? Does your husband not do anything? How could you be eating like this..."

The bag he is holding rips and all of the ramen fall out. They both go to pick them up. At that moment;

YJ: "I got a divorce."

As soon as she said that, JY froze, putting the ramens down. He stops for a second, and then:

JY: "Wait a second, stay here. I'll go get a plastic bag."

So now he knows she divorced the surgeon... In the convenience store, He was tearing up... Obviously his heart hasn't let go of her completely.

When he comes back and puts all of the stuff in the new bag;

JY: "Eat a real meal, not these sorts of foods."

JY: "You know what, let's go eat something."

So they're going to have a meal together...

Meanwhile, Officer Min is showing everyone in her police unit her engagement ring. This is going to be ugly:bawling:

JY takes YJ to his restaurant where he makes her a meal. He talked about how he decided to become a chef, and when he was done, he asked:

JY: "So what have you been doing?"

It cut to a scene where YJ was drinking uncontrollably. The PS took the bottle away from her, and she screamed at him and fought to get it back. He gave her a hug trying to calm her and make her stop, but she continued to fight. Overall it showed how she was in an unhealthy relationship that didn't benefit either of them. However, she said to JY:

YJ: "Just the same, old, you know."

YJ: "I've done everything I wanted to do, comfortably."

JY: *nods and smiles* "That's a relief, I'm glad."

YJ: "How about you? Did you get married?"

JY: "I'm getting married soon."

YJ: "That's great. Congratulations."

She said it with a smile on her face but tears in her eyes.

JY: "Thank you."

They both smiled, almost as if to say that everything between them was over. But at that moment, Officer Min walked into the restaurant. She sees YJ, and freezes.

-end of episode-

// I'm pretty sure she knows YJ is JY's ex-gf, since the whole department talked about them when they were dating.

How do you guys think Officer Min will react? Her fiancee just cooked for his ex-gf and is "smiling" with her... This is the perfect place for a huge misunderstanding.

21 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

Cancer...terminal illness after a few years of a blissful marriage....then they meet again ...

Otherwise him breaking it off with the cop would be awful at this stage...

Having said that JY’s Sister’s statement about them having a proper relationship first since they were a Long distance couple plus other single cop guy may be a way of introducing an exit plan for jy and copgirl’s romance

He can break it off if he does not truly love her it would be  much much worse if he goes though with it instead.

This isn't some impossible task these things do happen often in real life, you will only hurt that person much more in the future if you keep pretending.

Its like he has been filling a void in his heart same with her,like you mention I dont think they had a proper relationship either things are moving too fast.

None of this makes them bad people it makes them just human with real issues in life.

1 hour ago, akiera said:

It would have been better if Young jae was little better, but now It will be little difficult for Ho chul's character to come back or to introduce a new character. 

I am sad. This is live shooting right? So maybe the writers will consider viewers opinion and change the ending. Alas! The name of the drama now sounds ominous to me, third time is the charm.-_-

Maybe it means there is a third oportunity but not together necesarilly.  A third opportunity for  them to be happy but not together maybe some one that works better on how they are today.  I feel like they walk so far away from each other that they are at a different page on their lives. 

1 hour ago, roli said:

Maybe it means there is a third oportunity but not together necesarilly.  A third opportunity for  them to be happy but not together maybe some one that works better on how they are today.  I feel like they walk so far away from each other that they are at a different page on their lives. 

Hmmm... Ho chul and Young Jae are already divorcing, so all it takes for YJ, JY to be together is if cop girl gets heartbroken, and I think that's the direction this is going :( who knows until it happens, though... I just don't think the writers will find a new character for YJ to be happy with within 4 eps. One way or another, even if it takes time, I think YJ and JY will end up together (as much as I don't think they match).

So she got married?

I mentioned earlier you don't friend zone a guy who has interest in you cos he will strike when you are vulnerable. That was exactly what played put here.

Both of them were vulnerable and went into the wrong relationships.

YJ that thought JY isn't good enough for her has tasted the waters and noticed that all that glitters were not gold.

JY on the other hand made a mistake by starting a relationship when he wasn't properly healed emotionally. The cop was a fall over as she makes him feel comfortable and be himself( the same happened between YJ and the Dr). Don't start a relationship with emotional baggage. 

If they make the cop's character a smart one, as time goes on, she will break the relationship herself as she will never be happy and have his heart. She should know that he wasn't really into her but when we are blinded by love, we sometimes forget the signs that showcases the progress of the relationship.

JY really disappointed me, I must say. 

4 hours ago, infinitemsinspirit said:

Translations of the beginning!

I don't remember what the plastic surgeon's name exactly is, so I'll put him as PS :joy:

"//" means a comment from me personally

*YJ and Plastic surgeon walk in*

JY, YJ stare at each other, eventually YJ and her bf sit down, and JY starts serving them a drink.

YJ (to JY): Do you want to sit for a second?

Plastic Surgeon (to JY): Oh, yes. Please do. We haven't met in a while.

JY: No thanks, You two should talk. *Bows and walks out of the restaurant*

There is then a scene where YJ and JY both look very sad after meeting each other again, it definitely seems like they still have feelings for each other. JY, who is sitting outside, is on the verge of crying.

Inside the restaurant, the plastic surgeon makes small talk about how good the egg tarts are to try and distract YJ from the fact that she met her ex- bf again after years. YJ is not really listening.

YJ (to PS): He is pursuing his dream, he will do well.

PS: It's crazy how you two met again like this.

YJ: I know right.

She takes a drink of her tea.

YJ: I used to really hate Hong Tea, but now I think it is good and refreshing.

PS: Remember when you drank Hong tea the first time you came to my mom's house?

// So she has been to his parent's house multiple times, meaning they already are or are planning to get married

PS: "I wonder what I mean to you... I really did everything to make you love me, but...

Even when I think about it now, I wonder why  I thought I needed to do all of that. " He smiles sadly.

//He noticed that she is affected by meeting JY//

YJ: I know it hasn't been long... but I feel like I was close all this time. It's odd.

From here, it cuts to Officer girl (I'll label her O since a lot of you guys call her the officer)

She is sitting in front of the mirror putting on lotion before bed, she looks at her ring.

Dialogue: Since it hasn't been very long, I thought about it. When exactly did it (me liking JY) actually start?

The scene from when they first met at the police station plays.

O: I am from the --- unit, here is the file.

JY takes the file, and thanks her.

She noticed 4 little cactus plants on his desk. I guess this made her think he was a nice and caring person.

The scene then cuts to when she walked into his hospital room and he was sleeping.

JY *wakes up*: Oh, Officer Min.

O: Oh, I thought you were sleeping, I'm sorry.

JY: No, don't be sorry. I was just laying down for a second.

They make small talk, both commenting on how they like a certain type of bread rolls.

The next scene is from after he resigned when she showed up to his desk with the food he said he liked.

Dialogue O: The moment he left that seat, I became aware of my feelings for him.

More scenes play from the last ep, when they ate together, and when she confessed her feelings to him at the airport.

It cuts back to her in front of her mirror, and she smiles and puts the ring on. The scene where he proposed is played.

// I seriously like them more than JY and YJ. If they break up I will seriously be sad for her:(

She picks up her phone and calls her mom.

O: Mom! Your daughter... got engaged.

We cut to YJ and the PS, who are walking out of the restaurant. They run into JY in the front, and YJ and JY put up some forced smiles.

YJ: The food was really good, we enjoyed it.

PS: Thanks to you, we got to spend some good time together. (He said it in a sincerely nice way, not sarcastically)

// PS, you're a liar lol

JY: I'm glad to hear that.

YJ: Being a chef suits you well *smiles*

JY: Really?

*awkward pause...*

YJ *turns to PS*: You'll be late. We should go now.

PS *Looks at his watch*: Oh, yeah.

YJ (to JY): It was nice seeing you again.

PS (to JY): It was nice seeing you, Officer On-- oh right, I guess you are a chef now.

They all bow to each other, and YJ and the PS take off while JY starts going into his restaurant.

JY stops before going in, and looks back at YJ as she walks next to the PS. He has a sad look on his face, but he smiles and nods, as if to say he's happy that she found someone.

// I really hate the PS for some reason, I want them to break up but not the officer :(

The PS and YJ are walking down to where YJ lives (I think)

// They look very stiff, not like a couple at all. I sense a breakup soon.

They stop in front of the building.

PS: Will you be okay? (talking about him leaving)

YJ: Well yeah, I guess I am. I'll be alone.

PS: That's why I'm worried.

YJ: You'll seriously be late for your flight.

PS: Okay. Go on in.

There is another awkward pause, and they both look like they could cry. There is a lot of tension between them, but neither of them made any effort to try and work it out.

She enters her apartment, looking drained.

It looks like a new place, there are boxes and no furniture yet.

She sits on the floor and replays a thought in her head.

A scene plays from when they were in the restaurant (not one we saw already).

PS: I guess this is the last meal we'll have together.

YJ: I know, right.

PS: For all this time I am truly sorry, but I am also thankful to you.

YJ: The two of us have really gone through a lot of hard times.

It was a sad, but nondramatic breakup. I think at that moment, they both knew that no matter how much they tried, they wouldn't become the right people for each other.

Back in her apartment, YJ gets up and opens the refrigerator, which of course has nothing in it (new apartment).

YJ: The steps leading up to divorce are difficult, but they are as easy as they are painful.

//I am 99% sure she said divorce. Divorce?? So they were married? I guess that's the reason for the new apartment. So they were newlyweds...

Guys, I think I'm done for now... I only did about 1/4 of the ep and already my brain isn't functioning anymore :joy: I hope this drama isn't too rough on some of these characters :(

Edit: Some of the key sections from later on in the episode:

YJ ends up at the police station after defending a child, and JY ends up helping her carry her groceries to her house.

As they are walking:

JY *Looks inside bag*: "What is this? Instant food? Does your husband not do anything? How could you be eating like this..."

The bag he is holding rips and all of the ramen fall out. They both go to pick them up. At that moment;

YJ: "I got a divorce."

As soon as she said that, JY froze, putting the ramens down. He stops for a second, and then:

JY: "Wait a second, stay here. I'll go get a plastic bag."

So now he knows she divorced the surgeon... In the convenience store, He was tearing up... Obviously his heart hasn't let go of her completely.

When he comes back and puts all of the stuff in the new bag;

JY: "Eat a real meal, not these sorts of foods."

JY: "You know what, let's go eat something."

So they're going to have a meal together...

Meanwhile, Officer Min is showing everyone in her police unit her engagement ring. This is going to be ugly:bawling:

JY takes YJ to his restaurant where he makes her a meal. He talked about how he decided to become a chef, and when he was done, he asked:

JY: "So what have you been doing?"

It cut to a scene where YJ was drinking uncontrollably. The PS took the bottle away from her, and she screamed at him and fought to get it back. He gave her a hug trying to calm her and make her stop, but she continued to fight. Overall it showed how she was in an unhealthy relationship that didn't benefit either of them. However, she said to JY:

YJ: "Just the same, old, you know."

YJ: "I've done everything I wanted to do, comfortably."

JY: *nods and smiles* "That's a relief, I'm glad."

YJ: "How about you? Did you get married?"

JY: "I'm getting married soon."

YJ: "That's great. Congratulations."

She said it with a smile on her face but tears in her eyes.

JY: "Thank you."

They both smiled, almost as if to say that everything between them was over. But at that moment, Officer Min walked into the restaurant. She sees YJ, and freezes.

-end of episode-

// I'm pretty sure she knows YJ is JY's ex-gf, since the whole department talked about them when they were dating.

How do you guys think Officer Min will react? Her fiancee just cooked for his ex-gf and is "smiling" with her... This is the perfect place for a huge misunderstanding.

So basically YJ hasn't changed.  She treated the doctor exactly how she treated JY.  Like JY, the doctor did all the work of trying to understand her, gave her everything he could, and did all the communication in their relationship, tried to get her to open up, and was the only one apparently who tried to save the marriage.....

So there's no sign that she'd be any different if/ when YJ and JY get back together again. He may have grown in maturity and confidence, but as soon as he sees her again he's back to being like a boy, and not in a good way.  So how will their 3rd time around be any different? She's still emotionally closed off and only a "taker", while he's a "giver." 

5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I dont get what some of you want or expected the drama its about these 2 working though various stages and issues  in their life. but some how keep finding themselves meeting each other again an again.

Its not about him and the cop lady or her and the doc is about them finding what they once lost again.Its call the Third Charm for that very reason.

We all know that, but the way the writers wrote these characters, it's very hard to see, realistically speaking, why they should be back together, or think that they'll be happy the third time around.

It's not just two people going though growth and relationship problems because the timing wasn't right. These are two characters whose needs, love language, and personalities just don't mesh at all nor are they good for each other. 

While we often have to suspend disbelief in dramas and accept the "happy ending because they're together again," cliche, and are usually hope for that,  in this case their relationship when they're together is mostly painful to watch. Most of the time each one is more unhappy than happy in it and with each other, and nothing in the writing suggests they'll be happy together once the initial happiness of getting together again becomes an every day relationship. Because this drama is very realistic, many of us are seeing the realistic path ahead. 

Sigh...I think the age of fans of this drama plays a big part in the responses...

I’m an older person and I am really enjoying the love journeys of JY and YJ. The tears, the heartaches and the hits and missed moments in their lives, in different seasons too...are so lovely to watch and what makes this drama so sweet is that some of the heartaches resonate with real life. I’m savoring their slow paths (if you consider the timelines) to the learning about themselves and each-other moments. I guess I always have a weakness for dramas where the OTP narrate some pauses or significant moments...it’s like an intimate journal of their inner thoughts...

From the get-go and the drama posters..it is about our OTP. The girl officer and HC are the 2nd leads who will be only be in some parts of their lives. I am actually surprised that there are YouTube commentators, Knetizens or even contributors here who feel so much for the girl officer...kudos to the actress who plays her, she seems to play the unrequited girl roles often (I last saw her in Joo Won’s ‘My Sassy ‘Girl and she was the rejected rich girl).

For all the fabulousness of SKJ’s acting, I honestly don’t feel the emotions from him towards the girl officer, but with YJ...sigh...he (& Esom) simply bring on the full emotions. It is this quiet acting that I appreciates most in this drama. Hahaha again, it must be an older person talking.

Anyway, bring on the tears, the emotions (BUT they are not in the melo, makjang way...), the love (and more Lisbon) as they venture into the Third Charm. I’m counting on a sweet ending from the writer and PD! HWAITING! :wub:

True....it’s not meant to be a makjang....but now they are introducing the idea that there was a child’s death from the live recap...esom’s...hmmm

signed up for fluffy romcom....lol...not turning out that way...

will see how they play this out...

“Settling” is not an uncommon real life situation .....

That’s how they’ve portrayed yj/se’s relationship...hence that back hug scene n conversation...

comfortable...similar tastes...both work to make it work....

2 hours ago, tali58 said:

So basically YJ hasn't changed.  She treated the doctor exactly how she treated JY.  Like JY, the doctor did all the work of trying to understand her, gave her everything he could, and did all the communication in their relationship, tried to get her to open up, and was the only one apparently who tried to save the marriage.....

So there's no sign that she'd be any different if/ when YJ and JY get back together again. He may have grown in maturity and confidence, but as soon as he sees her again he's back to being like a boy, and not in a good way.  So how will their 3rd time around be any different? She's still emotionally closed off and only a "taker", while he's a "giver." 

Hmmm...it’s interesting. I guess it all depends on whose perspective a person chooses to look at. From what I see, right from the beginning, YJ has already expressed to the doc she was not interested.

Perhaps, very briefly she was moved (he called her out, sang to her in public), now whether she had sorted out her own feelings/love for JY then, the drama was still unpacking that. But the doc persisted and decided to pursue her despite her consistent stance of not feeling that way for him. If anything, it was a comfortable friendship and nothing more.

The doc has his own baggage. From his own relationship issues to divorce and his always-nice demeanor that’s good for his plastic surgery business (he said it himself and even his friends when they were playing tennis, acknowledged it). But I digress, the drama is not about Ho Chul/doc. 

And YJ, the first few episodes already showed, her early life shaped her. She was forced to grow up fast and be the responsible adult supporting her and her wheelchair-bound older brother. She’s the “giver” a good part of her life. And of course, she meets JY, Mr Nice-Guy/Mr Considerate, to everyone. It will be one of her life-long skills to learn to give outside of the only family she has ever known and it will be her flaw in relationships. 

Also in previous episodes, her inner thoughts reflected her trying to understand JY’s stoic and sometimes OCD ways and also showed her pondering on how to love JY. But like JY (both have this trait, in terms of communication), she kept it to herself and never really talked about it. 

Anyway, we’ll see how the writer/PD wraps up all these “character flaws” in the next episodes and still allow us to celebrate an ordinary love, in a non-chaebol/conglomerate way and without a life & death premise. 

Until next episode, have a blessed week ahead! :)

i just want to say that it is extremely difficult for a marriage to survive the death of a child,  so YJ's response and difficulty maintaining her life should not be surprising. Also, there is no accounting for who we are attracted to in life. My only rule is that the other person makes me a better person. They can be similar or different from me but if they don't bring out the best in me,  it's not right. And the same for the other program.  i need to bring out the best in them.  YJ really has horrible karma in this show.  i hope it turns around. 

4 hours ago, darr said:

So she got married?

I mentioned earlier you don't friend zone a guy who has interest in you cos he will strike when you are vulnerable. That was exactly what played put here.

Both of them were vulnerable and went into the wrong relationships.

YJ that thought JY isn't good enough for her has tasted the waters and noticed that all that glitters were not gold.

JY on the other hand made a mistake by starting a relationship when he wasn't properly healed emotionally. The cop was a fall over as she makes him feel comfortable and be himself( the same happened between YJ and the Dr). Don't start a relationship with emotional baggage. 

If they make the cop's character a smart one, as time goes on, she will break the relationship herself as she will never be happy and have his heart. She should know that he wasn't really into her but when we are blinded by love, we sometimes forget the signs that showcases the progress of the relationship.

JY really disappointed me, I must say. 

@darr  I don't think the marriage will happen.. 

Would someone be kind to guess the age of YJ's daughter? The one she held her hand while walking? Is there any possibility that he was JY's? Is there a possibilty that YJ got married to the doctor due to drunken night or because she was pregnant?

Any comment?

YJ have a difficult character, i dont understands her 4 first time when she broke up JY and was left alone... it’s the same to say nothing now and live in her own world .... she needs no one because she is able to survive all by herself until the end. This is the type of people they are lonely inside and no one will help them. he said that they had 3 meetings maybe 3 will be fatal, tragedy ...

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@darr  I don't think the marriage will happen.. 

I agree. JY is definitely still not completely detached from YJ, and I think he's having second thoughts. One thing is for sure, if you proposed to a girl and are already thinking about someone else within 24 hours, your marriage won't work out :mellow:

12biglovequotesrefurb.jpg284ac60a3529e6f18a33440c2d2d85d1.jpg

It's never been an easy or simple relationship that our OTP have shared not even from the start.   Yet after watching his emotions even sitting there in that park alone while they were enjoying his hard work my heart went out to him and you knew he was hurting even now after all this time. You see there are no time limits when it comes to what your heart wants, misses or yearns for.   It was no surprise that he would answer that call from the police station.  Or that he would offer to carry her bag or walk with her, replay her words of divorce over in his mind or cook in order to give her a warm meal...

The thing that often gets overlooked is the very fact that there are good people in relationships like the doctor and fiance who truly love that other person with everything they have but never receive everything the other person has to give. You can't give your heart fully away if a part of it still belongs to someone else.  Love doesn't work the same for everyone nor is there a right or wrong when it comes to the heart.  I for one am thinking that JY won't be doing the breaking up.  I agree with a few others I think the female cop will be breaking up instead.  Not because of what she saw at the end of this episode but it's what she has felt and known just like the doctor did and was reminded of when they saw each other again.

You can't deny the truth of what is...

@dramaninja said a lot of what I too was thinking.  Sometimes two people lose their way and even hurt each other but it doesn't mean they are bad people or don't deserve another chance.  When they only have one life to live why settle for less than what your heart desires.  Why not reach out in wanting it all.  It can be the difference between passion in allowing yourself to soar or accepting less and always knowing.

It could have been so much more...

:heart:

I love the variety of ideas/comments that ive read today. However, i have some questions:

1. In the scene that was shown where YJ is holding a child, was that hers and HC's kid?

2. Did she really marry HC and only divorced him coz she cant survive the loss of their/her kid which leads to an unhappy marriage?

PS. i havent seen the subbed ep. 

Think it was implied that that would be HC and YJ’s kid...

unless it was even more makjang ...

ie...jy leaves...

yj discovers she was pregnant with jy’s child....

but the sequence of her saving the boy...then getting a flashback of a fallen cat doll...then her walking to the egg tart place with a child...then turning to drink in tears...and her looking devastated in her apt while hc  looks sad...I think she married him had a child then child got knocked down then marriage broke down..

Archived