Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

This week it seems that instead of a preview, JTBC has posted a Behind The Scene. I suppose they don't want to show us too much. I'm so excited to discover where JY and YJ are after 5 years.

I believe maybe JY is a chef in Lisbon and YJ goes there because of her work (for a fashion show, for example) and they meet again. And a reason to JY return to Korea could be because of her sister (a new nephew/niece, a wedding...I'm a totally fan of his sister and his bestfriend :wub:).

I can't wait for Friday and discover how the writers are going to surprise us!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dulcinea1 said:

I believe maybe JY is a chef in Lisbon and YJ goes there because of her work (for a fashion show, for example) and they meet again. And a reason to JY return to Korea could be because of her sister (a new nephew/niece, a wedding...I'm a totally fan of his sister and his bestfriend :wub:).

ahhaa, me too, JY should pursue what he is good at.  Cooking.  His travel should help him to open up to a new world with different people, beyond the small world at home.  I love the color palette, gorgeous scenaries... I plan to visit Portugal next summer.  Seeing Lisbon makes me want to be there sooner.

I love how carefree and stress free Joon Young looks.  Good to see you back lol.  Calling @Cecentre to watch next weekend :lol:

My first time watching SKJ, he is doing a wonderful job.  Joon Young is an endearing character @triplem @chickfactor 

• Like 7

BTS~~

20181031_105516_6791.png

Spoiler

20181031_105415_3541.png

20181031_105427_4075.png

20181031_105435_6801.png

20181031_105440_5612.png

20181031_105445_1507.png

20181031_105454_0774.png

20181031_105458_5304.png

20181031_105509_0567.png

20181031_105503_5968.png

Trying hard to turn back to what was.

20181029_161347_0921.png

JTBC

Saying goodbye to what didn't work so they can move forward.  If you love someone, set her free...

20181029_160539_4751.png

Spoiler

20181029_160440_6016.png

20181029_160454_1234.png

20181029_160506_7901.png

Happier times. 

20181030_143239_3976.png

20181029_160519_6508.png

20181029_160530_2123.png

For the love of Lee Sang Yi aka Sang Hyun (I know this is not related, just... how can I not post?) From his IG!

Spoiler

Who knew we got another musical actor in the cast? ^^

Which one got promoted to Chief is all I want to know.

Spoiler

Food will always heal my  a  broken heart.

Aww... Cosmopolitan.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Who knew we got another musical actor in the cast? ^^

Wow... :wub: who would have thought... and he can whistle so well too.... and dance. First time seeing him so totally don't know anything about him.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2018 at 2:59 AM, darr said:

@tali58, that guy didn't hate himself. He is simply insecure and she knew it. What is a relationship without sacrifice?  Help ur partner discover himself/herself any way you can.

His love was too intense,explosive that she can't handle it and see it as boring and exploitative or boxed in a corner. 

Honestly speaking, had she known how to handle such kind of man e.g., helping him get more confidence in himself, if she ask him to lay his life for her, he will do that.

Explosive love tends to be possessive in nature.

He just need to shed off the insecurities he had while growing up as anti social and one the society don't want. That's his only problem. He is still smart

She also asked him if he had loved her all those times she hasn't been up front with her. One after the other and he kept on saying yes. Why did she ask? Cos she want reassurance too.

in relationships we often ask those irrelevant questions. 

His best wasn't enough as he said.

She will become very successful as she want but there will be a hole in her life only him can fill.

She is an extrovert, he is introverted.

She is actually the proud type. He is the sacrificial type.  Did you watch the drama" introverted boss"

U will see that the two guys have almost the same qualities . The only difference here is that the leading lady in introverted boss helped the guy rediscover himself. She helped him boast his ego and he took it from there. He was worst than this guy in the beginning but the lady tried even when she failed to make him become secure and fight for himself.

What has she given as a sacrifice? 

What did he do wrong in the first break up? Nothing, except that he loved her wholeheartedly. Instead of leaning on him even if it didn't make sense when her brother had an accident,

Rather,she first finished him with her sassy mouth and then expect him to be ok cos they happened to get back together. Even at that, he was trying to fit it into her world. Didn't see her ask for forgiveness for what she did. Rather he was the one who asked for forgiveness.

Even when he was drunk before her after bailing her from the police station, he asked those agonising questions, I expected her to give an honest answer and apologise but she didn't. She only said is he was sorry later. Sorry for what? She wrecked an already insecure man with her bad mouth. Look at the way it affected his life. He thought he did something bad. 

I hope she discovers her wrong before they meet again and do the right thing this time around. Starting from the day she talked down on him.

And I also hope that she will be ok seeing him friend zoning a babe that she knew has interest in him as a man. Let's see how she can take it.

She didn't wreck him or ruin him. He's just not ready for a mature relationship. Inside,  he's still the geeky college sophomore he was 10 years ago. She's right when she says that their relationship would have continued on with her always explaining and justifying,  and him always trying to understand her,  which would constantly make her feel like she needs to apologize to him. That's not a healthy relationship. 

It's not her responsibility to make him a happy, whole person. He needs to love himself first. She was always,  repeatedly, telling him he's the only man for her.  She's always asked him to spend more time together, to call her. Partner/ lovers who are so insecure they always need validation are what we call in Psychology "emotional vampires" becase they are so dependent on another person constantly replenishing them and feeding their emotions, that they suck the life and energy from their loved ones. They're not satisfied or made confident by the sacrifices of their partners,  at least not for long. Out of fear and insecurity,  they soon need another sacrifice. Because she's the first girl who liked him,  and loved him, his insecurity made him really clingy and unreasonable needy. That's why she wasn't able to deal with him emotionally when she herself was young and insecure, when her brother suffered his accident. Yes, he would have wanted to help and carry some of her burden, but she didn't want to have to constantly apologize. 

It became clear in their second chance that very little had changed in him emotionally and psychologically. She can't fix him. That's his task.  She shouldn't sacrifice her dreams.  He should encourage her dreams.  Too much sacrifice on her part wouldn't have helped,  and is unfair to her  It's actually enabling his neuroses. It would have led to him needing and requiring more, and her constant need to apologize to appease his fragile emotions and ego would have made them both resent each other eventually. She was already there, and in all fairness, rightfully so. 

There's no question that they both love each other,  but it's not a healthy love,  nor one where both people grow together. He needs to find himself, and he needs to find happiness inside himself. He also needs to discover what makes him confident *apart from her,* before he can be emotionally an equal partner to her. The separation is needed for both of them. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wow... :wub: who would have thought... and he can whistle so well too.... and dance. First time seeing him so totally don't know anything about him.

He's good! Lee Sang Yi an up-and- coming actor. He was in "Manhole," "Prison Playbook" (I hear he played a despicable prison guard. Lol), "Suits," and a few other dramas in 2017-2018.  This role here is probably his biggest one so far. I really hope he gets more great roles from now on. 

Btw, everyone knows that older brother is a famous rapper, right? These days he also sings, and was debating recently how he would be received if he sang a Trot song. So another famous singer in this drama :).  Like Min Woo Hyuk, he's also on "Immortal Songs - Singing the Legends" quite a bit.  But I can't remember if he and Min Woo Hyuk were ever on the show at the same time. 

• Like 2

On 11/1/2018 at 2:45 AM, chickfactor said:

But he was super-good in "Are You Human, Too?" The show itself got boring near the end, and I don't really recommend it, but his dual-performance as a chaebol heir and a robot that looks identical to him is SO GOOD. They don't look different at all, but in every scene, you never doubt which character you're looking at. That should really put an end to any speculation about his acting skills.

He did good on AYHT. I followed it as was showing . But it really is this drama that he has stolen my heart . 

More stills @bedifferent. Can’t wait for a new chapter 

Spoiler

I really the potential of this pairing

• Like 3

rHYpHk2A5qpv7qsVAtY8wohhdqQ.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLU2O0D_xa0DogH_JKUZ2thirdcharm03-00340.jpg

All to often we overthink, worry and believe we know what people think or feel instead of understanding first and listening to them through their actions as well as their words. 

Even those they don't say but you know are there because of the history that you share...

I love how this drama opens up all those ways and fears two people who love each other go through.  It's like peeling a relationship one layer at a time.  Not only in allowing them to each follow different paths or dreams seeming to let go or set free more than once.  Yet continuing to show that love is stronger than we know.  That it isn't that easy for even when one moves on it doesn't mean your memories or that lingering ache in your heart can be silenced...

For even in finding a better understanding of oneself or in attaining your dreams.  Still while continuing to grow there are those moments of loneliness when your heart takes you back and reminds you of what you once had yet didn't appreciate or fully realize just how amazing it truly was and within your memories still is...

Ep.11 Text Preview - translated:

경찰직을 그만둔 준영(서강준 분)은 홀로 여행을 떠난다. 포르투갈에서 새 삶을 시작하는 준영에게 낯익은 방문객이 찾아오고. 한편, 서울에 혼자 남은 영재(이솜 분)는 이별의 후폭풍을 혼자 견뎌내는데. 서른둘의 준영과 영재는 어떤 모습일까.

After quitting his police job, Joon-Young leaves on a solo trip. While living his new life in Portugal, a familiar guest visits him.

Young-Jae, left alone in Seoul endures the "after-blast" of the farewell alone.

What do Joon-Young and Young-Jae look like at age 32?

• Like 5

Jtbc has not up uploaded the cuts tonight but I have been watching some cuts on IG. After the break up , JY goes to Europe to backpack & learns some culinary skills / dishes. From what I gathered he stayed there for a while .

Spoiler

Meanwhile YJ was missing him. Her bro & bestie seems to have hit it off. 

In the meantime, JY & girl cop kept in touch . I think they became close & I Guess develop feelings for each other & got together 

Spoiler

I’m not sure what the time lines are but I know when he came back he opened up a restaurant together with his bestie . 

Spoiler

I think by then the sis & bestie are already married & have a kid . This is easily 3 or 4 years later

Spoiler

Anyway the relationship btwn him & girl cop goes smoothly & he proposes to her 

YJ & doc walks into his restaurant one day. Omo ! The feelings are still there . And YJ bro & her boss are either married / together. This is the end of the eps with preview 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Whew thats quite alot for one episode I am glad he did just sit around feeling sorry for himself.I have no idea where they will go from here though some hearts are going to be broken.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I haven't watched the episode yet .. just screened through the JTBC video.  From what I gather, he went away but the officer kept in touch with him.  Even made him a jumper and all.  How sweet.  I am a little shocked at the turning point but can't say that I am unhappy.  The girl really look like she'll be good to JY.  Plus he brought her home and also proposed to her.  Ottokke for YJ?  Cause the JY we know is fiercely loyal and committed.  He has principles.  I don't think he and the officer will break up easily.  Not to be mean, I feel that YJ had it coming.  She didn't even look happy going to eat with the doctor.  She was not smiling.  She was checking out the restaurant with such intense curiosity.  JY's smile dropped when he saw them together.  Oh gosh it is almost as if, and it does look like she broke up with him for the doc.  Why is it a part of me wants YJ to suffer for taking JY for granted?  I want her to really regret it.  But I know JY will be suffering just the same.  And then he will start to feel sorry to Officer Min for being shaken again.  Oh, this is too heart wrenching.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

This is serious.

Thanks all for the summary.

Until I watch, I will never know fully well what happened.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, darr said:

This is serious.

Thanks all for the summary.

Until I watch, I will never know fully well what happened.

True. I'll wait for Saturday episode and watch it together. I can't believe what I read but I'm starting to feel sorry for the female officer :tears:. She will get hurt badly for sure. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Whew thats quite alot for one episode I am glad he did just sit around feeling sorry for himself.I have no idea where they will go from here though some hearts are going to be broken.

Hlz8.gif   Mine....

@triplem  what do you mean he got close to that girl cop??  Proposed?  What the heck is happening?

I knew he shouldn't have eaten that peach or was it a pear I can't even think straight.   :bawling:

After watching the episode without subs, I take it that it was a necessary growth arc for Joon Yong. We breezed through it in one episode (!) - the roughing it out in Portugal, the journey of his passion with cooking, enrolling in culinary school, graduating from it and going back to Korea, running his own eatery AND including a proposal to the cop gf at the end of the episode...:o

But somehow I wasn’t affected, I am really enjoying SKJ’s genuine acting that comes with a lot more intensity and emotions in this drama and his character more fleshed out that his relationship with the cop gf was almost cookie cutter bleh...Because there was no sparks, no intensity...almost a matter-of-fact, routine...even the sister and his bestie had more sparks in their courtship and now parents to a cute girl. Heh. 

I’m only curious how the writer/PD is going to stretch their love story into the Third Charm.

I’m guessing he will show YJ’s growth arc/her side of the journey tomorrow? I’m also curious will JY actually marry the cop gf and divorce her and then get together with YJ again, and vice verse for YJ & the doc....? To show both of them coming full circle, back to their true love for each other. I don’t know if I want to see that...but it’s possible and kinda refreshing for a kdrama love story I guess.

Because for once a kdrama is not making the audience take sides or fall for the SLS (credit to @triplem ^_^)...Although I don’t really care about the doc or the cop gf...hahaha

I still enjoy the OTP and the pacing of their relationship, plus a bit of humor from their family members’ shenaigans...but I know I definitely have to be patient. -_-

I really love the pairing of SJK & Esom and the characters they play...no villainess-like behavior or the need to wish that their characters’ suffer more like some makjang drama...

So let’s continue to enjoy this beautiful love story, be further moved by SKJ or Esom’s wonderful acting (tonight, I teared along with her when she ate a spicy dish her boss Joo Ran cooked, even though I don’t know what was said, but I understood why...) and let’s wait for how the writer/PD is going to show the transition into Third Charm? Or into the Third Charm already? in the next few episodes! Hwaiting! :wub:

PS Lisbon/Portugal looked lovely, I think I just added it to my bucket list...:)

• Like 6

172062.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXz3QbKzFPxRVpLXmjl6Z

In just reading peoples opinions and how much they hate YJ and are cheering for JY's fiance on other sites it kind of makes me sad & wonder.  When most of those opinions are from women, how hard we are on our own sex.  I didn't see perfection in JY or YJ  then or even now and felt there were problems created by both of them in their relationship that covers a span of many years...

Still no matter what we know or even believe, the truth was in JY's eyes as they started to tear up upon seeing YJ and you could feel those emotions come right to the surface. To be honest I happen to like the female cop she seems sweet and kind it's true.  But I also remember the many sweet moments as well as the heart breaking ones those imperfections between YJ & JY that I can't help in cheering for a love that survives all of that because it was true...

Maybe even that one can love another more be hurt and even feel betrayed. 

One can even give up, feel as if there must be another way.

Tried to move on but couldn't quite make it because of a his heart that continues to sway.

In just one look everything he believed seemed to crumble around him for he knew that it was true she was still a part of him and he was still a part of her and they felt and knew it too...

Mind you this girl has to dream in hopes that my wishes come true.

It sure beats crying, wearing round glasses and being a character called Sadness that's BLUE...