[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

OK, the DC gall fans have just now posted that the awards Vacation place is decided as CEBU PHILIPPINES.:grin:.   all the filipino fans rejoice.  

Edit 1:

it seems CEW also did a photoshoot/interview yesterday.

Yay! I hope all the casts will be able to make it to Cebu and give us new content of DoRae (or should I say EunSoo? what's the couple name of EunWoo and SooHyang?? :sweatingbullets:)

I wonder what did he say in his interview? I love the photoshoot. 

especially the first one here. :heart:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

Yay! I hope all the casts will be able to make it to Cebu and give us new content of DoRae (or should I say EunSoo? what's the couple name of EunWoo and SooHyang?? :sweatingbullets:)

Is this for real? Woah! I need to know when and where!!! I need to start looking for a flight. :phew:

1 minute ago, annie1234 said:

Do you want to join their vacation in Cebu? :D:D you can give us updates then. hahaha. :lol:

Haha I would if I could get information where in Cebu and when. Actually if that’s true I have a haunch where they could actually stay but when! That is the question. I will surely gjve updates if I will be lucky to get details. :lol:

59 minutes ago, volturi987 said:

Haha I would if I could get information where in Cebu and when. Actually if that’s true I have a haunch where they could actually stay but when! That is the question. I will surely gjve updates if I will be lucky to get details. :lol:

It will be in October but no exact date yet. 

15 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Whoever wrote this song is a hero, because it's so perfect for Kyung Seok and Mi Rae. I especially love the reference to 'gray light,' because of course it works to mean that he came alive because of her but it also refers to his comic book character's grey hair lol.

I think so too, and the part

" Even the short moments of slight smiles
Makes a rainbow spill over my world right now "

makes me remember how her little dance at the bus stop was the source of relief/happiness for him all those grey years :) Sign, I need to get a life.

Soompi just publishes this article. I need something to move on from this MID:GB love bug.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1230067wpp/stoic-leads-amazing-moms-self-love-watch-id-gangnam-beauty

Wow, that article is so good.  Thanks for sharing @0live13ranch.

I cannot leave savouring this gem of a drama and I often see videos when I recollect a scene and really what a wonderful cast. Even though I HV starter with another drama, I keep coming back to this one.  I also want both ISY and CEW do a photoshoot and interview together.  

I read in DC gall, the fans had mentioned that CEW is very busy with his schedules.

Looking forward to their vacation.

18 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Wow, that article is so good.  Thanks for sharing @0live13ranch.

I cannot leave savouring this gem of a drama and I often see videos when I recollect a scene and really what a wonderful cast. Even though I HV starter with another drama, I keep coming back to this one.  I also want both ISY and CEW do a photoshoot and interview together.  

I read in DC gall, the fans had mentioned that CEW is very busy with his schedules.

Looking forward to their vacation.

me too. I started another drama too and I like it but I am still coming back here and still rewatching MIIGB episodes and bts clips. It would be cute if they have a photoshoot and interview together. :heart:

Isn't CEW supposed to attend kcon concert in United States this month?

Soompi has a new article about MIIGB but it's too long to paste here I'll just paste the link at the bottom.

a589d5e5d00841d9b3a01b904b471d0d.jpeg?s=Stoic Leads, Amazing Moms, & Self-Love: What To Watch After “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty”

Have you watched the finale for “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” yet? If so, are you wallowing around knowing you will never have a new episode of Kang Mi Rae (Im Soo Hyang) and Do Kyung Suk (Cha Eun Woo) being adorable ever again? Maybe you’re even missing all the other wonderful girls from the show that stuck together through thick and thin? Or maybe you’re missing Yeon Woo Young (Kwak Dong Yeon)? Maybe you haven’t watched it yet because you don’t want to experience the loneliness that comes along when a beautiful K-drama ends.

“Ride or Die” romance between leads

“The Liar and His Lover”

While we all love a dramatic love triangle, it’s refreshing when you don’t have to wait for one of the leads to make a choice. Especially when you know who they’re going to choose anyways! From episode one, Kyung Suk always has his eyes set on Mi Rae! And while Mi Rae’s feelings take their time blooming, she never has a crush on anyone else. If you enjoy this kind of romance, this then check out “The Liar and His Lover”!

Bad boys (but not really)

Kyung Suk is one of many stoic male leads in the K-drama world, but he’s a little bit different than your stereotypical one. Unlike almost every other male character in the show, he’s very respectful of the girls around campus. He has no problem sticking it to the other boys who think it’s alright to objectify girls however and whenever they please. And despite being very introverted, he is never afraid to own up and talk about his feelings with someone he trusts. He doesn’t care for someone’s looks but rather their personalities. This is an incredibly refreshing trait about his character, after all, who could ever forget this gem?

Amazing K-drama moms

Let’s face it, most moms in K-dramas are just straight up evil. However “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” blessed us with one of the most amazing K-drama moms, Na Hye Sung (Park Joo Mi). While at first it seems like she abandoned Kyung Suk and his sister, we soon find out that there are two sides to every story. Knowing that she did not handle the past as well as she could, she’s very willing to take responsibility for her children’s anger and to support them in any way they are comfortable with. It’s refreshing to see Kyung Suk slowly open up to her again and allow her back into his life after he discovers the truth. Besides, who wouldn’t want a mom who teaches such poignant and valuable life lessons?

Girl solidarity

With all the entitled men looming in the chemistry department, it is no wonder that the girls in “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty” have such great alliances throughout the show. When a senior corners Mi Rae, the girls are quick to say they’ll stick around. It’s very comforting, especially knowing that Mi Rae never had a lot of peers stand by her side before. Though they all struggle to say something as boys comment on their appearances, they eventually band together. Of course the best friendship on the show is, hands down, Mi Rae and Oh Hyun Jung (Min Dohee). Hyun Jung is incredibly protective of Mi Rae and is willing to confront anyone who speaks ill of Mi Rae, especially if they’re from her past!

Always remember to love yourself

While we could just go play BTS’s Love Yourself trilogy on repeat, sometimes we also just want to see someone going through the journey. Self-love is the most prominent theme in “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” as Mi Rae slowly but surely overcomes all her insecurities. Every time she stands up for herself we can’t help but feel proud of her.

Full article https://www.soompi.com/article/1230067wpp/stoic-leads-amazing-moms-self-love-watch-id-gangnam-beauty

11 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Isn't CEW supposed to attend kcon concert in United States this month?

I suppose this is also included in his schedule coz I don't follow his schedules closely.

@amisyka77,  it's been posted  a few posts before.  It's a very good article.

Another interview i suppose for ISY

lZF0dCu.jpg

Pq5dki3.jpg

cr: dc gall

Edit: ok, new rumors now which I saw from the comments of a YT video of wrap up party that both ISY & CEW are wearing same bracelets.  Did any of u noticed it?  Still I don't ship them.  I feel they r close friends, that's it.:grin:

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Another

Edit: ok, new rumors now which I saw from the comments of a YT video of wrap up party that both ISY & CEW are wearing same bracelets.  Did any of u noticed it?  Still I don't ship them.  I feel they r close friends, that's it.:grin:

I did notice that! I assume it's something for the cast or from filming, but it's cute. Also someone mentioned him still wearing the couple hoodie, which is extra adorable!

I hope some vidmakers are still in the mood to make videos for Dorae, because there are so many songs that are perfect for them!

45 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

I did notice that! I assume it's something for the cast or from filming, but it's cute. Also someone mentioned him still wearing the couple hoodie, which is extra adorable!

I also read from twitter that someone mentioned Eunwoo bracelet was kind of black color during his arrival to wrap up party, but then changed to silver color and kinda looks like ISH's. Yes i guess it's a present for the cast.

Is that photo taken after filming or it's a new photo? I saw it in instagram today but didn't notice about the couple hoodie :heart:

Just finally finished watching both episodes. It was a great ending. I would have loved a scene of MRs parents physically meeting KS. Or one with showing HJ and WY as cannon. And then they kinda left the dad and mom’s relationship vague. I am soooo glad TH did not take TY back though. She was so elegant and classy by how she handled it. I would have had to take my earrings off and break his ear drums from my screaming about him flirting with another girl :P I really like the turn out of SA, though with all the focus on her in the show I would have liked to see what other progress she had made. Maybe even a scene with her WH since he wasn’t only guy that I think would go well with her. I did like that JB and bar oppa ended up together, or at least I think so xD overall, I love that we got our much overdue kiss from our couple and how it turned out for them, I really loved that the last two episodes highlighted the happiness and fun qualities oftheir relationship. And how it ended on such a sweet note. Will definetly miss this show.

tumblr_pf5d7q6dZY1qeysf2o1_540.giftumblr_pf5d7q6dZY1qeysf2o2_r1_540.giftumblr_pf5d7q6dZY1qeysf2o3_r1_540.gif

This would be a nice spot to propose later on.

============

5 Questions we still want answered after the My ID is Gangnam Beauty finale

by Shelly M on Wed, Sep 19, 2018

23cb3391-375e-4ac4-852e-e70fdd187510.PNG

My ID is Gangnam Beauty may be over, but we still have questions that remained unanswered. The finale was two-fold with some necessary closure and a surprising cliffhanger contrasting each other. Fast-forwarding to the future would have been welcomed, because here are five lingering questions.

1. When will Kyung Seok propose to Mi Rae?

They were already hinting at marriage at the end of the series. Kyung Seok mentioned that the place they had his birthday party would be the ideal location to propose to Mi Rae. We are all wondering if these two will get hitched while they are still in college, or will they wait years after graduation? Ending the show with a actual proposal would have given us much better closure.

Spoiler

095fef50-d9d5-4e49-80cc-86024a4a5b5e.PNG

2. What is Soo Ah's current status in life?

We never found out if she is still living with her family or where she is working. When Kyung Seok referred to her perfume, Soo Ah said she was trying out something new, and she even gave Mi Rae a perfume bottle. We can guess that she may be working in a perfume store, but it will be much better to get concrete evidence about her current whereabouts.

Spoiler

fe6bd840-cb5b-491d-9a4d-3199a39f1d20.PNG

3. What does the future hold for Woo Young and Hyun Jung?

The writers gave us a hint that he was finally interested in her, but it wasn't nearly enough! His special look at her when she mentioned his dating life was all we got. Hyun Jung had a crush on Woo Young from day one, however, she took a step back because she knew about his feelings for Mi Rae. This sweet couple of the future deserves a spin-off more than anyone else in the series.

Spoiler

4f2fac56-69e6-4ab0-a754-4bad9e5c04ea.PNG

4. Why did Kim Tae Hee reject Goo Tae Young so fast?

She appeared to be crazy about him from the start and was devastated when he left her for Soo Ah. We can only guess that Tae Hee was able to elevate her self-esteem when he was gone, and she felt she deserved someone who would be completely invested in their relationship. Nonetheless, it seemed like she was putting on a brave face and trying something new. She couldn't possibly be over him so quickly.

Spoiler

12655ac7-5ac0-42ab-8d65-28a4abaf6607.PNG

69851686-05f6-48c1-8d1c-e3afe4534b0e.PNG

5. Why did Do Sang Won want to reconcile with his ex-wife Na Hye Sung?

He was physically abusive to her and lied to her children to keep them away from her. It was obvious that Sang Won had no feelings for her in the present-day. It's surprising that he waned to crawl back by saying she was the only woman he ever loved. Did he need her money, or was he trying to restore his public image and run for office again?

Spoiler

20ddc97b-6ec4-4ae3-85b6-13b3cea6deaf.PNG

https://www.dramafever.com/news/-questions-we-still-want-answered-after-the-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-finale/

18 hours ago, kangminjae said:

We can vote for Eunwoo and Soo Hyang in the Asian Artist Awards here! (Translate the page if necessary and log in with SNS.)

Lets vote for both of them! I want to see them together to get the award! EW schedule are so packed but can't wait to watch them perform LIVE @ Jamsil Stadium Seoul on Nov. 16, 2018 for Pepsi Concert. yes!! finally! 

Archived