[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so happy to see this thread still active as ever. It's Wednesday, and I still miss Mirae & Kyungsoek so much :bawling:

I read 2 pages back and there were lots of posts and speculations about JWR. I think lots of us thread-mates here are still on fangirl mode, trying to protect our beloved characters. However, outside of the drama, JWR is not Soo-ah, we don't know the circumstance, we don't know her IRL, so please mind your words about her as words can hurt a person, too. I watch all the BTS clips multiple times too and if you let me venture a guess, I'd say that JWR seems like an introvert person IRL, more of the serious/quiet type than the bubbly/funny ISH. I feel JWR gets along well enough with the casts, but did not get close (as in good friend vs. close friend). As ISH said in the Vlive, she, CEW, MDH and KDY still have a group chat so I guess they gel with each other due to their personalities (they all seem like witty, humorous people who like to tease others).

On the other note, I'm rewatching up to ep 5 right now. MR's parents are so cute (her mom still calls her dad "Oppa") and they are definitely the mismatch pair by social standard but their loving marriage disproves all those naysayers. This is like the Nth time I rewatch those episodes and I still go gaga over MR & KS's interaction (his gaze softens when she asks to have a drink together, and his tiny smile when he remembers their brief skinship while crossing the street...). Still feeling sad because we are not gonna get any new episode, BTS or preview anymore :bawling: Age of Youth got a season 2, why can't MID:GB get one too? :bawling:

can someone with a good heart post the bts of what you were discussing about the lab-scene (oh... that sounded like love scene... which i would prefer even!!! lol):phew::lol:... and the umbrella scene of DKS please...? cant seem to find it even when i back read the thread.... 

15 minutes ago, KymberleeD said:

can someone with a good heart post the bts of what you were discussing about the lab-scene (oh... that sounded like love scene... which i would prefer even!!! lol):phew::lol:... and the umbrella scene of DKS please...? cant seem to find it even when i back read the thread.... 

This is BTS of the lab-scene (~2:20, CEW told ISH: "Noona, please draw me").

And this one is BTS of the umbrella scene (at around 1:48):

32 minutes ago, 0live13ranch said:

This is BTS of the lab-scene (~2:20, CEW told ISH: "Noona, please draw me").

And this one is BTS of the umbrella scene (at around 1:48):

Even though I already knew about the bts that we were discussing before, I can't help but play the videos again. :tounge_xd:

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

Even though I already knew about the bts that we were discussing before, I can't help but play the videos again. :tounge_xd:

IKR :blush: I keep repeating a few OST and look into their translation. The lyric of Rainbow Falling is totally about KS's feeling for MR:

"If it’s not you, if it wasn’t you
What color would my world be colored right now?
I used to be covered in a gray light

Even the short moments of slight smiles
Makes a rainbow spill over my world right now
Whatever color you bring, even when you’re having hard days
I’ll hold you tight just like always."

Sign, I feel like after last Saturday, my "relationship" with this drama has been described perfectly by F.T. Island's "Love sick" :tounge_wink:

Spoiler

dunno how (or forgot already) how to put spoiler... but i want to ask... (if someone can pm me the instruction to put this comment on spoiler, i will greatly appreciate)..

is there anything you guys are watching right now to move on...? i feel stuck and cant find something to replace this drama yet. others seems to be soo heavy, others are slightly horror, both of which isn't my style... life sometimes is already heavy in reality, why watch something to add on it and get yourself a headache in the morning...and i watch just before sleeping, so why scare the hell out of me!!! :lol:

any thoughts?

1 hour ago, 0live13ranch said:

IKR :blush: I keep repeating a few OST and look into their translation. The lyric of Rainbow Falling is totally about KS's feeling for MR:

"If it’s not you, if it wasn’t you
What color would my world be colored right now?
I used to be covered in a gray light

Even the short moments of slight smiles
Makes a rainbow spill over my world right now
Whatever color you bring, even when you’re having hard days
I’ll hold you tight just like always."

Whoever wrote this song is a hero, because it's so perfect for Kyung Seok and Mi Rae. I especially love the reference to 'gray light,' because of course it works to mean that he came alive because of her but it also refers to his comic book character's grey hair lol.

Interessting... people seem to be split in half about the relationship between WR and EW. I actually think that it could be possible. It's just that EW always avoids eye contact with SY (which is in my oppinion the first indicator of possible feelings developing) as if he doesn't want her to get the wrong idea, yet he still wants a noona-donsaeng relationship. Well perhaps I'm too much of a pessimist.

Anyway it makes me very happy too now this thread is still alive! 

I might be the minority but i don't see WR is acting weird or crazy toward EW, she just being friendly toward him. But I do notice that WR is very close with ISY.  ISY has a very friendly and energetic vibe toward everyone around her. 

4 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

Such a simple last scene but my heart is struck in this scene

:wub:

I also liked that last scene. And DKS’ birthday scene. I loved the pecks that they shared in that scene. So sweet and full of love and care. Hahaha so help me how can I move on seriously? It’s almost a week and I’m stuck at this thread. I don’t even participate much in other threads before. I usually just read and don’t post anything. I am so shocked myself. :joy: Probably because I am enjoying the insights of chingus in this thread that’s why I got provoked to participate. 

9 minutes ago, volturi987 said:

I also liked that last scene. And DKS’ birthday scene. I loved the pecks that they shared in that scene. So sweet and full of love and care. Hahaha so help me how can I move on seriously? It’s almost a week and I’m stuck at this thread. I don’t even participate much in other threads before. I usually just read and don’t post anything. I am so shocked myself. :joy: Probably because I am enjoying the insights of chingus in this thread that’s why I got provoked to participate. 

same with you....i barely post anything before this but to show my love for this drama...I've jointed the gang here. I enjoy very much of all the discussion/analysis.

2 hours ago, JEMRIE said:

these two have a 7 year age gap but I don’t see it. They have such good chemistry. The series also has such a good message about society and beauty standards. Plus, the romance is so cute.:thumbsup:

kdramaconfessions 

My overall reaction to the last episode of My ID is Gangam Beauty…

This is so accurate :lol:

So many fans making M/V on our Dorae couple

cr: owner/uploader

Spoiler

Anybody wanna try CEW's debut short drama 6 eps @10 mnts each.  its very good.  I think the Fantagio exclusively produced for CEW to show he can act.  Its name is My Romantic Some Recipe.  Also i saw some of astro's songs "Crazy, Sexy, Cool" and "Always You".  I love them esp. the latter.  

edit:

OK, the DC gall fans have just now posted that the awards Vacation place is decided as CEBU PHILIPPINES.:grin:.   all the filipino fans rejoice.  

Edit 1:

it seems CEW also did a photoshoot/interview yesterday.

pf3T2On.jpg

Some pics of tomboy girl, forgot her name at the wrap party.  She is also cute. 

Spoiler

dilYFLZ.jpg

DJbHi3S.jpg

regbCrV.jpg

OZzmDUl.jpg

C22M8nR.jpg

cr: dc gall

12 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

Such a simple last scene but my heart is struck in this scene

:wub:

other shows could probably ended with the birthday scene

but I'm glad they made this the ending scene.

like from now on they will just be a normal campus couple surrounded by their friends who sensitive enough to keep the distance but still, not too far to show that they are with them. 

Archived