[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

2 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Welcome! This is exactly how I feel. I want to see what happens next, but I don’t want the show to be over. Not sure when another drama will excite me as much as this one has.

I can feel you! This is the only drama I didn’t drop this cycle. I started watching this drama together with a mon-tues drama but at the middle it got so draggy so I just concentrated with thia one. Am just gonna watch the other one after the final episode has been shown. MR and DKS made me stick to this drama so much. Now I think I’m gonna have some withdrawal anxiety. 

I love what CEW said to ISH in this clip.

“Soo Hyang ah it cannot be Kyeong Hoon!” He told her that she can’t like Kyeong Hoon because DKS is her boyfriend. During their promotion of their drama in one variety show. They’re so cute! :D:D:D 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, volturi987 said:

I can feel you! This is the only drama I didn’t drop this cycle. I started watching this drama together with a mon-tues drama but at the middle it got so draggy so I just concentrated with thia one. Am just gonna watch the other one after the final episode has been shown. MR and DKS made me stick to this drama so much. Now I think I’m gonna have some withdrawal anxiety. 

i know exactly what your saying. got that mon-tues drama too, but stop mid-way to wait till it is nearing end to watch all at once.... lol!!! there are only some drama which you wanted to be on top of every episode... some can just wait... others you start and never finish at all! hahaha. I thought i wouldn't even like this one when i started this.. but this  KS is just mesmerizing...i am totally bewitched... started loving MR right after.... like about the same time KS likes her... after the dance! :wub:

guess it would take me awhile to get over... i will probably do some marathon here in there... jumping to their scenes every now and then.. till i find another drama i can replace it with.;)

whats your withdrawal plan???:)

K-netz in DC gall are also speculating if it was the last day of filming, because posts from some staff seem to imply so :(

I think we're all feeling the same way.. we want Friday to come quicker but we don't want the show to end so quickly!

My only wish for the last 2 episodes is that they will be able to wrap everything up nicely (including all the characters' subplots that they set up) while giving us some memorable OTP moments..

Here's a translation of comments on a naver article.

Source:

https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2018/09/naver-2-episodes-left-to-gangnam-beauty.html

[naver] 2 EPISODES LEFT TO "GANGNAM BEAUTY" VIEWERS IN CRAZE

0000057684_001_20180911173651293.jpg?typ

1. [+120, -3]
Cha Eunwoo did a great job choosing this work. He was already known as the face genius even before this drama started and the majority of people always knew him for being pretty and warm as an idol, but as soon as episode 1 started, his charms became so cold. He succeeded at changing his image!

2. [+62, -1]
Don't let this end, where are we going to see Eunwoo's face then~~

3. [+43, -0]
The way he pulls off Do Kyungseok isn't only through his handsome face, he literally embodies the whole character of Do Kyungseok so I was shocked. I'm enjoying this show so much ^^

4. [+28, -0]
Cha Eunwoo's visuals are surreal... His visuals are totally heart attack inducing, the way he protects Mirae is giving me a heart attack♡

5. [+16, -1]
Cha Eunwoo needs another drama fast. But he needs to pick it well!!!

6. [+9, 0]
Let's go for 100 episodes until they get married and have a kid

7. [+9, -1]
I had no idea who Cha Eunwoo was, but I realized he was an idol after discovering him in this drama~ He really suit that role

8. [+6, -0]
"Are you having fun?" that scene was groundbreaking for him. "Yah! So what do you think of me?!" "Don't you even like me a bit?" "Are you shooting some spy movie?" "Are you a meerkat?" those scenes are all so addictive to watch, he's the real like Do Kyungseok.

6 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Welcome! This is exactly how I feel. I want to see what happens next, but I don’t want the show to be over. Not sure when another drama will excite me as much as this one has.

Me, too. I honestly feel like there's soo much that hasn't been done and it's going to end already. I want Friday to come, but then I don't, because there will be no more DKS and KMR. More so I'm liking CEW's acting and would like to see it more. Hopefully after this he does more drama as main lead.

5 hours ago, kangminjae said:

The Gangnam Beauty discussion in this video is very interesting, and I love that one of the ladies said Woo Jin's bar was a metaphor for the show's characters:

Thank you for the Youtube clip! Where can I find IRL girlfriends to meet up every week and discuss Kdramas :bawling:

I'm so sad that the drama is almost over, but on the other hand, I hope the casts, especially Eunwoo, have some time to rest. I just sit and watch some ASTRO clips and it seems like he was swimming between activities, performance and live-shooting MIDIGB. Very thankful that it doesn't affect his portrayal of KS.

I'm very impressed with ISH's acting. I think this is the first time I watch her as main lead and she embodies Mirae's character so so well. Will definitely follow her future work :)

5 hours ago, kangminjae said:

The Gangnam Beauty discussion in this video is very interesting, and I love that one of the ladies said Woo Jin's bar was a metaphor for the show's characters:

Thanks for sharing! I loved their discussion very insightful. 

@KymberleeD My withdrawal plan? Hmmm rewatch it several times before I could find a good new drama to jump in! Also watch other dramas of ISH and CEW. 

2 more sleeps before we get a glimpse of Friday! Can’t wait to see all those dating scenes!

I'll join you guys on the –can't wait for Friday but at the same time I don't want it to end– train (don't know if I should laugh of cry now)

Did you guys notice that KS almost literally climbs up the latter (stairs) to MRs heart? 
During the course of this drama there are multiple times where KS accompanies MR home. At first it's just to the bus station, then it's at the bottom of the stairs. After that he gradually accompanies her further up the stairs in each episode, up to the point where he's actually at her place. She finally let's him in… into her heart.… (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄) (let's forget the drunk episode hahaha)

Kdrama often tries to portray strong female characters yet they are rarely strong and barely characters but this drama is different. Imo it manages to bring the two leads together, furthering their personal growth, but without having them loose their agency and diminishing their individuality. This drama talks about outer beauty, yet the twist is that our main lead falls in love because they see each others inner beauty. It makes total sense that they fall in love after what we've seen them go through! 

This drama has already earned a place on my all times favourite list. The main reason is how it's putting emphasis on gender equality through subtle yet efficient details! I heard once someone say that we don't really remember the lyrics of a song but we remember the images, that's why the framing of women in film is very important and this drama excels in it imo.

For example I love how KS's mom has a lot of women work for her, like her female driver. I specially noticed that in one scene KS's mom was sitting at the meeting table with 6 other people, half of them women, men didn't do the talking and we only saw her male secretary smile and nod lol. Also MR's mom is taller than her dad, so cute! 

What we also often see in kdrama is female characters being physically abused or mentally humiliated and it's all frames as "well society is like that / life is hard". Yet in this drama, even tho we know that MR was badly bullied, we never really (and repeatedly) see MR being abused or humiliated. Imo it's good story telling when the viewer knows the situation is bad without actually having to see it. Also KS's dad hitting his mother happens almost out of frame. 

This drama shows how MR stands up for herself –without violence but with words– whilst her man is backing her up but not totally taking over the situation. That is a total rarity in kdrama AND I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH!!! 

53 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Did you guys notice that KS almost literally climbs up the latter (stairs) to MRs heart? 
During the course of this drama there are multiple times where KS accompanies MR home. At first it's just to the bus station, then it's at the bottom of the stairs. After that he gradually accompanies her further up the stairs in each episode, up to the point where he's actually at her place. She finally let's him in… into her heart.… (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄) (let's forget the drunk episode hahaha)

This drama has already earned a place on my all times favourite list. The main reason is how it's putting emphasis on gender equality through subtle yet efficient details! I heard once someone say that we don't really remember the lyrics of a song but we remember the images, that's why the framing of women in film is very important and this drama excels in it imo.

For example I love how KS's mom has a lot of women work for her, like her female driver. I specially noticed that in one scene KS's mom was sitting at the meeting table with 6 other people, half of them women, men didn't do the talking and we only saw her male secretary smile and nod lol. Also MR's mom is taller than her dad, so cute! 

Everything you said was on point, but I especially love these two bits! Kyung Seok getting closer to Mi Rae's heart each time is a perfect  way of looking at their stair climbs, lol. 

And I totally agree about the little details, like Mi Rae's empowering shirts, that drive home the need for gender equality. Hye Sung especially embodies the ideals of a driven woman, and we are getting to see her win her family back without having to sacrifice her career as well.

There is one detail that I'm not fond of, though, and I think it just cropped up this last week. Does it seem that the diet pills Soo Ah takes are product placement? I'm trying to understand why they would promote that in this drama - or am I supposed to see it as "this is not a good idea, because Soo Ah's using it and she also uses other unhealthy methods to lose weight?" It's easy for me to ignore it because I love the rest of the story so much, but I wish I could ask the producers the motivation behind that.

They're so fricken adorable!!!! CEW is so cute omggg. This scene was really funny cuz MR was so suspicious looking with her actions hahaha. KS was such an understanding bf.. I can see guys probably getting annoyed with having to hide/lie/leave without eating!! 

Going to miss these 2 immensely!! 

The making videos are always perfection! Now all we need is a promo for episode 15... Even though a promo just means we're closer to the end. :tears:

4 minutes ago, susieunnie said:

They're so fricken adorable!!!! CEW is so cute omggg. This scene was really funny cuz MR was so suspicious looking with her actions hahaha. KS was such an understanding bf.. I can see guys probably getting annoyed with having to hide/lie/leave without eating!! 

Yes, that's one of my favorite parts! Of course Kyung Seok wants to tell everyone that his first love was successful, lol, but he understands why she's so cautious and he never guilts her over it. Plus, I'm sure her spy movie scenarios are similar to her dance moves in that they amuse him and make him all the more interested in her.

It's interested how his mother, sister and now girlfriend are all incredibly strong-willed and quirky to boot. We love a man who loves independent women!

I am wondering will KS ever know that MR had attemted suicide before. I mean didn't he ever curious about how she could remmember seeing a stranger for like 3 or 4 years ago.

btw, can we have 2 more ep or a special ep.

i just want to see more of KS&MR (EW&SH)

4 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

we don't really remember the lyrics of a song but we remember the images

interesting. im the opposite way around. lyrics are the most important thing for me and i listen to songs way way way more than i watch them. i google lyrics too so i can sing along even in languages i dont know like korean and mandarin. maybe thats why im not into kpop that muchbecause i dont care about the visuals. before it started i didnt even know the male lead in this drama was an idol or anything about the group hes in. 

27 minutes ago, joan140 said:

I am wondering will KS ever know that MR had attemted suicide before. I mean didn't he ever curious about how she could remmember seeing a stranger for like 3 or 4 years ago.

I thought he would learn about it as a way to make him understand/accept his mom more easily, but I kind of like that it's a secret between Mi Rae and Hye Sung. I love their mother-daughter (in law) dynamic, and I'm so glad the show has emphasized their positive relationship instead of trying to add disapproval from either of his parents just for the sake of drama.

15 hours ago, shunnie said:

Some photos of SH and EW with staff from DC gall, couldn't find the original source.

Caption:  'very handsome Enu'

Are they wearing winter clothes? Will there be a time leap? Where is the preview for ep15??

preview is out OMG OMG:love::relaxed:

edit: after replaying the preview over 5 times now.. it seems like SA said something to MR which made her insecure.. my korean isn't that good but it seems like she said something along the line of if you hadn't done  surgery do you think you would be together with KS... and MR seemed to doubt if KS would have fallen for her if she still had her old face:confused:...

IM not too sure about this since my korean isn't that good..

Archived