Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

Every time I watch that backhug scene, my heart can't take it and I get all giddy. Why does it feel like I'm the one being hugged by CEW/DKS :lol: I would not be able to be so calm like how MR looks lol!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Thanks for the clips @deez04! I like that it seems Mi Rae and Kyung Seok will be a couple out in the open, and I hope they grow closer to Eun in the last two episodes.

I wonder if any secondary ship will get together in the last week? Jung Boon and Woo Jin has moments but she hasn’t been around in a few episodes, Ye Na and Jung Ho were close but I guess he’s in the military now, and Hyun Jung doesn’t seem to want to confess to Woo Young ever lol.

• Like 7

@icyphoenix  I don't recall any further scenes with DKS's parents in the webtoon after they started dating.  I wonder if they'll add him regretting what he's done and apologizing to all of them for closure.

It interesting to look at the dynamics between personality, looks & dating.  TY liked TH so he went out with her but didn't like her enough that he wouldn't be swayed by someone else.  He broke up with her when he thought someone better came along but he was played by SA and is left with no one.  Was he unsure about TH because she was chubby or was it just because he was unsure if they were compatible?  If she wasn't chubby would he have been manipulated by SA so easily?  I don't want them to get back together but he does owe her an explanation. What about WY and Yoon Byul.  YB is not WY's type so he turned her down but if she had the looks that he found pretty would he have gone out with her?  I like the message they gave that YB stayed true to herself and didn't try to change.  Both Yoon Byul and Hyun Jung refer to WY as a good person and this is what they find attractive about him.  Then you have Jung Boon who fell for Woo Jin right away because she was attracted to looks the first time she saw him.  Woo Jin didn't find JB good looking at first and that's why he didn't hire her but he's spending more time with her and now he likes her.  They still have to tie up this story.  Maybe they've been dating the whole time everyone's been interning.  One other thing, DKS told SA that MR was cute and Tae Young also told SA that Tae Hee was cute.  It's who you are on the inside that makes you a beautiful person and that beauty comes through to those who take the time to know the real you.  

I'm praying the recent fancam of KS in the restaurant where MR is sitting at the table outside is the scene from the spin-off where they talk about going away for MR's birthday.  I really hope they follow the rest of those chapters from the spin-off.  

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

@icyphoenix  I don't recall any further scenes with DKS's parents in the webtoon after they started dating.  I wonder if they'll add him regretting what he's done and apologizing to all of them for closure.

It interesting to look at the dynamics between personality, looks & dating.  TY liked TH so he went out with her but didn't like her enough that he wouldn't be swayed by someone else.  He broke up with her when he thought someone better came along but he was played by SA and is left with no one.  Was he unsure about TH because she was chubby or was it just because he was unsure if they were compatible?  If she wasn't chubby would he have been manipulated by SA so easily?  I don't want them to get back together but he does owe her an explanation. What about WY and Yoon Byul.  YB is not WY's type so he turned her down but if she had the looks that he found pretty would he have gone out with her?  I like the message they gave that YB stayed true to herself and didn't try to change.  Both Yoon Byul and Hyun Jung refer to WY as a good person and this is what they find attractive about him.  Then you have Jung Boon who fell for Woo Jin right away because she was attracted to looks the first time she saw him.  Woo Jin didn't find JB good looking at first and that's why he didn't hire her but he's spending more time with her and now he likes her.  They still have to tie up this story.  Maybe they've been dating the whole time everyone's been interning.  One other thing, DKS told SA that MR was cute and Tae Young also told SA that Tae Hee was cute.  It's who you are on the inside that makes you a beautiful person and that beauty comes through to those who take the time to know the real you.  

I'm praying the recent fancam of KS in the restaurant where MR is sitting at the table outside is the scene from the spin-off where they talk about going away for MR's birthday.  I really hope they follow the rest of those chapters from the spin-off.  

I remember the scene where TY, TH and CW mophead were talking and TH was upset that TY didn't defend her when CW made fun of her. He got quite annoyed that she walked off, so at that point I was guessing that he was losing interest in her. (He was probably finding reasons to not date her anymore, given that he thought he had a chance with SA.) But then we have KS who said he would not stand still if someone said something at MR. As we can see, time after time KS would defend MR and give guys like CW and that other guy they worked part-time with a lesson! Morale of the story is girls need guys like KS in their lives!! If someone be disrespecting your girl, you better step up!

I love this show because it depicts actual relationships that happen in reality. Guys and girls can chase after each other and confess their feelings without it forming a real relationship, and that's okay. Love is a two-way street after all. Feelings can develop over time after spending time with someone and getting to know them better. Of course, it's easy to be interested in the good looking people out there and want to initiate/find reasons to like them. You can't blame people, as it is human nature to be attracted to beautiful things, if not for the fact that people want to have beautiful offspring! People just need to learn not to be so shallow... It's not love at first sight for everyone. Inner beauty is important! As we can see with SA, even the pretty ones can be delusional psychos!! I'm so happy KS saw that from day 1 :lol: 

• Like 8

Great rundown of the potential relationships @kodomonojikan! One thing about Yoon Byul and Woo Young is that he hadn’t had any chance to develop thoughts about her beyond her looks when she confessed, because he simply never noticed her. Whereas with Hyun Jung, she’s impressed him enough times with her emotional intelligence that he may actually stop and think about it if she works up the courage to confess. Especially since he has accepted that Mi Rae does not have any interest. The only question is whether HJ is okay starting off as something other than “love than at first sight” for WY.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kodomonojikan said:

I m soo damn angry at TY.. He was shown confused after his last meeting with SA.. He was confused that is he weird?.. I guess now the guilt will remain, he would never dare sway for external appearance again!.. YB that girl is damn cool!!.. But yes WY is clear that he likes woman first based on physical attributes then personality.. I don't know how will HJ get her chance with him.. I would prefer him to be alone sometimes coz immediately falling for other person after a dumping scenario is not soo good!!.. JB fell for his smile.. But I guess in the phase of time he too liked her, as he was little possessive of her.. I liked Eun Unnie's character a lot!!.. She is simply the best n Jiyo character the worst!! Thank god!! There will be no parents drama.. I hope spin offs r included too.. Will MR's parents know that DKS n MR r dating? 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

I m soo damn angry at TY.. He was shown confused after his last meeting with SA.. He was confused that is he weird?.. I guess now the guilt will remain, he would never dare sway for external appearance again!.. YB that girl is damn cool!!.. But yes WY is clear that he likes woman first based on physical attributes then personality.. I don't know how will HJ get her chance with him.. I would prefer him to be alone sometimes coz immediately falling for other person after a dumping scenario is not soo good!!.. JB fell for his smile.. But I guess in the phase of time he too liked her, as he was little possessive of her.. I liked Eun Unnie's character a lot!!.. She is simply the best n Jiyo character the worst!! Thank god!! There will be no parents drama.. I hope spin offs r included too.. Will MR's parents know that DKS n MR r dating? 

Since you mentioned Jiyo’s character. I am also so irritated with her. Is she just plain stupid or just simply loyal to SA? Can’t she see how annoyed DKS with SA and she keeps  making comments and assumptions about DkS liking SA and DKS and SA will soon be dating. Well no wonder SA and her are friends they’re a pair of stnking shoes. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

33 minutes ago, volturi987 said:

Since you mentioned Jiyo’s character. I am also so irritated with her. Is she just plain stupid or just simply loyal to SA? Can’t she see how annoyed DKS with SA and she keeps  making comments and assumptions about DkS liking SA and DKS and SA will soon be dating. Well no wonder SA and her are friends they’re a pair of stnking shoes. 

I m hell irritated with her character.. She is blind or does she pretend to be.. How she assumes SA n DKS as a couple n creates their story by herself!!..SA doesn't even give her much attention but still she hovers over her.. I don't know y the hell is she like a doormat!! Everytime I see her onscreen, I want to punch her..  That annoying attitude of hers.. She n Soo Ah r really irritating!! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, volturi987 said:

Yeah, I honestly think she’s just really naive and excited that the most popular girl in school has chosen her as a friend. Because she has innocently questioned Soo Ah’s motivations before and never seems to be aware of what her supposed bestie is doing.

I hope the blindfold comes off this week, because I think she’s a nice girl otherwise.

ETA: some pics from the filming earlier this week!

• Like 10

me: how long do i have to painfully wait for Friday??? come to me, quick! :weary:

also me: i'm dreading Friday knowing that it's going to be the last 2 episodes. give me some more time :bawling:

~i'm new here, btw :D hi!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bumbleisbee said:

me: how long do i have to painfully wait for Friday??? come to me, quick! :weary:

also me: i'm dreading Friday knowing that it's going to be the last 2 episodes. give me some more time :bawling:

~i'm new here, btw :D hi!!!

Welcome! 

• Like 3

Some photos of SH and EW with staff from DC gall, couldn't find the original source.

Yoh91D1.jpg

TfJ4R5D.jpg

qISNLoL.jpg

k4tKjpf.jpg

Caption:  'very handsome Enu'

• Like 12

2 hours ago, bumbleisbee said:

Welcome! This is exactly how I feel. I want to see what happens next, but I don’t want the show to be over. Not sure when another drama will excite me as much as this one has.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Welcome! This is exactly how I feel. I want to see what happens next, but I don’t want the show to be over. Not sure when another drama will excite me as much as this one has.

Same here.. I m not watching any other drama recently.. This drama is the only one recent dramas which I haven't dropped in middle!! 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, shunnie said:

Some photos of SH and EW with staff from DC gall, couldn't find the original source.

Caption:  'very handsome Enu'

Were they shooting any sequence? Is it a date again? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Were they shooting any sequence? Is it a date again? 

They seem to be going on dates all over town in the last two episodes, lol. Oh, how I wish the final leg of the webtoon was translated so I could sneak a peek at what's happening at the end!

• Like 6