[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

21 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Yes, we need a gif party! You click "insert other media," then "insert image from URL" and paste the address of the image you want to add.

I really do hope that Eunwoo has outgrown his shyness over kiss scenes, whether it was previously induced by his management, fans or inexperience. Soo Hyang seems like she could make any actor comfortable enough to do anything, so... :wub:

Thank you! I will test if my gif appears correctly then.

About the kiss scene, I think it depends on lots of factors for idol-actor like CEW (his image, fan/management, comfortable level...). Watching their BTS, I find ISH funny, friendly and very professional. I think CEW could not ask for a better partner for his first on-screen kiss. I remember other idol-actors like Jung Eun Ji in Reply 1997. She was 19 at the time and her kiss scenes with Seo In Guk were great (realistic and passionate).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, molaihawaii said:

I’ve read some comment in YouTube that some Aroha fans (Eunwoo Astro fans) are not ready for kissing scene... some fans wrote like a novel that they understand because it’s just an acting.. Well, I guess I have to wait till Friday if the kissing is just a bait for the sake of the ratings and more viewers! But I’m excited and the same time sad... no more romantic drama for now until my mind and ❥ heals with this drama hahaha! 

I saw many MR n KS fans telling that it better not be click bait or else they would sue jtbc.. Some ppl were funny abt how they would kick their friends n slap their friends.. Many were telling it shouldn't be peck or kiss on cheek coz of the heated look of CEW.. But different kinda reactions r very funny to see:phew:.. YTers have been funny regarding this show.. Well I m looking forward to the kiss.. Hope it isn't fake!! 

6 minutes ago, volturi987 said:

Well, the actress was effective in portraying her character because she was able to make all our blood pressure shoot up to the highest everytime we see her, right? Haha 

I’m gonna miss this drama and also the insightful exchange of thoughts in this thread too. 

Jo Woori really has done an excellent job! She made it hard to guess Soo Ah's motivations at first because she was so good at the innocent act even when SA was manipulating everyone from the get-go.

Honestly, there isn't a single performance that I would say was subpar in this drama. Everyone fits their roles really well in my opinion, and that only contributed to making every character feel like a three-dimensional person whose story I enjoyed watching. Can't wait to see how everyone turns out, not just our lovely lead couple.

1 minute ago, shunnie said:

Seems to be taken today... Another date scene? They sure date a lot in the last two episodes :D (not complaining, of course!)

Love that both of them are in white.

You're amazing! How do you find all of these?

I'm glad it looks like we're getting several cute moments for our couple. I wonder if they'll do a bit of a montage, showing how the relationship progresses in a time jump? Or they just go everywhere together now that Mi Rae has announced their coupledom to the world, lol.

1 minute ago, shunnie said:

Seems to be taken today... Another date scene? They sure date a lot in the last two episodes :D (not complaining, of course!)

Love that both of them are in white.

Not sure when this was taken..

Caption: Goodbye Gangnam Beauty B-team~~~

I m going in tears seeing the caption goodbye gangnam:bawling:.. This show definitely has a special place in my heart:heart:..

I m soo looking forward to the date scenes

9 minutes ago, lovely8 said:

can you guys see the sofa behind them? its colour is brown and IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S ON MIRAE'S PARENTS HOUSE... no no no!! please dont let them interrupt their kiss:weary: cr dc gal

Oh no! Let's think positive thoughts, lol. Even if this kiss gets interrupted, there could be another... :sweatingbullets: 

Also, the parents could see and leave them alone because they're excited Mi Rae has a man, lmao.

42 minutes ago, lovely8 said:

can you guys see the sofa behind them? its colour is brown and IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S ON MIRAE'S PARENTS HOUSE... no no no!! please dont let them interrupt their kiss:weary: cr dc gal

Wow, these are some fans with eagle eyes. They (MR&KS) would be too daring to have their first kiss at MR's parents' house, in the living room no less. It does look like her parents' house, though, not only the color of the couch but also position of the magnet on the fridge (blurred out behind KS in their supposed kiss scene). Let's hope her parents go to the supermarket or something and leave them alone :frown::fearful::naughty:

16 minutes ago, 0live13ranch said:

It does look like her parents' house, though, not only the color of the couch but also position of the magnet on the fridge (blurred out behind KS in their supposed kiss scene). Let's hope her parents go to the supermarket or something and leave them alone 

Dang, I definitely didn't notice the fridge! I wonder what they're doing at her parents' house, then? Is it part of whatever middle school activity they do together? It's interesting because even though her shirt is different he is still in the same one, so it must be from the same day.

1 hour ago, lovely8 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rinrintae/status/1039854566139879424/photo/1

I didn’t notice the couch but I saw there was a bluish looking wall behind them and I was wondering whose place that could be. You can definitely see it matches the twitter pic. Appa Kang may be the one that  lets us all down. :tears: Why are they at her house anyway?  Is the internship over and she’s gone back home to stay with her parents like she originally told WY. Could KS be staying over too so instead of going on vacation they changed the story that he’s at her house for a couple of days. I’m getting carried away now. 

I will have faith that JTBC won’t be that cruel to only tease us with a kiss scene.

I don’t think they’ll necessarily tell SA’s backstory but will try to get sympathy for her because of Dong Woo.  No matter how bad she is, a person doesn’t deserve to be terrorized by an obsessive stalker.  This is the one person she never gave any encouragement to but because of her looks she was targeted by him.  In the preview she looks like she’s losing it in the scene on her bed.   Even so, I still hope that it’s wrapped up in a few scenes in one episode. 

9 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

I didn’t notice the couch but I saw there was a bluish looking wall behind them and I was wondering whose place that could be. You can definitely see it matches the twitter pic. Appa Kang may be the one that  lets us all down. :tears: Why are they at her house anyway?  Is the internship over and she’s gone back home to stay with her parents like she originally told WY. Could KS be staying over too so instead of going on vacation they changed the story that he’s at her house for a couple of days. I’m getting carried away now. 

Him staying at her place is certainly an interesting thought. It's kind of random for him to be there otherwise. I guess he could have walked her home and then been invited to dinner, but it's rather bold of him to assume it's an appropriate time for a kiss lol.

11 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

I don’t think they’ll necessarily tell SA’s backstory but will try to get sympathy for her because of Dong Woo.  No matter how bad she is, a person doesn’t deserve to be terrorized by an obsessive stalker.  This is the one person she never gave any encouragement to but because of her looks she was targeted by him.  In the preview she looks like she’s losing it in the scene on her bed.   Even so, I still hope that it’s wrapped up in a few scenes in one episode. 

I think you're right about Soo Ah. There doesn't seem to be enough time to deal with her backstory - plus it clouds who the story is actually about when I think "a pretty girl feels the pressure to stay the prettiest in order to receive love" speaks for itself. I hope Dong Woo gets his comeuppance in addition to SA learning a lesson, though, because he's a creep.

24 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Dang, I definitely didn't notice the fridge! I wonder what they're doing at her parents' house, then? Is it part of whatever middle school activity they do together? It's interesting because even though her shirt is different he is still in the same one, so it must be from the same day.

I also notice that KS has the same school uniform on. They must have come back to their middle school for the day and MR may need to change clothes for some reason (play with water and get wet, maybe) so they come to her parents' house.

21 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

I think they cut out Soo-ah's traumatic background since it's not necessary for the story. Soo-ah's grandmother doesn't appear to be evil in the drama (vs. in the webtoon). Maybe in this drama version, Soo-ah is simply an opportunist who realizes what beauty can bring her living in an appearance-craze culture and knows how to use it for her advantage.

1 hour ago, lovely8 said:

OMG GUUURRRLLL unfortunately I think you are right!!!!!! :bawling: let's hope they will kiss on the balcony from the bts and this time it will be a success! But I think we'll get to see it only at the end of episode 16 tho…

5 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

OMG GUUURRRLLL unfortunately I think you are right!!!!!! :bawling: let's hope they will kiss on the balcony from the bts and this time it will be a success! But I think we'll get to see it only at the end of episode 16 tho…

A balcony kiss makes sense, since their kiss scene is outside in the webtoon too! We deserve nice scenery for their first kiss, and so do they. But I know I'll be grumpy when the kiss is interrupted on Friday. :tears:

Crossing my fingers and toes that this kiss scene will happen. I actually prefer their first kiss to happen inside. IMO, that would be more intimate for the characters and there are less distraction for the actor/actress so it's easier for them to get in the mood of their characters. I think the scene at the balcony (or is that on a ferry) will be the drama's closing scene :bawling:

20 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

I feel like I’m writing a fanfic. :joy:

You write it, I'll read it! 

It's too cruel to give us a fake-out and then not follow it up with a real kiss. I have to believe that at the very least we will get a kiss in episode 16. In the meantime, I'll swoon over Kyung Seok saying he likes Mi Rae no matter what. :wub:

4 hours ago, lovely8 said:

Andwae!!! OMG jtbc don’t play with our fragile hearts! 

Archived