[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, jongski said:

Gosh, he's getting these characters with teen daughters. But still at his age... he looks sexy as hell! 

Last year I was ranting that he never plays dad or husband. Also that he needs to flaunt his martial arts skills more before he gets too old.  

Looks like drama Gods listened to me so well and we got everything in abundance. :D Instead of little kids he has got teenagers and he is a fighter in his latest three projects. :ph34r:

So now I'm complaining that JH doesn't get the quality work that an actor of his caliber deserves and he needs to show his charming sensitive side on the screen more. Give him something substantial sans fights.

(I wonder if I'll also get  everything in abundence this year. :tongue:)

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

Aigoooo @fiesty8001 do you know how lucky you are to get to see JH in THREE dramas this year? :D

THREE.....

I would also like to see him getting some rest though. 

Poor thing almost never took a break since his debut.

Money Flower was good for him. This 'Bad Papa' also sounds good.

But still don't know what to make of this 'Wok Ladle Wok Ladle Wok Ladle...'

22 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Looks like drama Gods listened to me so well and we got everything in abundance. :D Instead of little kids he has got teenagers and he is a fighter in his latest three projects. :ph34r:

Hmmmm... but i won't really classify Kang Pil-joo (Money Flower) as a fighter?? Unless you are counting Voice, The Swordsman and Wok of Love.

21 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I would also like to see him getting some rest though. 

Poor thing almost never took a break since his debut.

Haha I think he finds it more relaxing to work rather than to 'rest' at home.

Lee David 'Bad Papa' confirmed appearance ... To work closely with Jang Hyuk

Actor Lee David has confirmed to join the cast of MBC's new Mon/Tue drama 'Bad Papa'.

'Bad Papa' (playwright Kim Sung-min, director Jang Chang-gyu) is a story of middle-aged man's struggle in life, who chose to be a bad man in order to be a good father. Lee plays the role of the third-class coach of the martial arts gambling club, ' Kim Yong-dae, ' and will work closely with Jang Hyuk who plays the main character of Yoo Ji-chul.

Kim Yong-dae is a big fan of former boxing champion Yoo Ji-chul (Jang Hyuk), and plays a crucial role in bringing him back to the stage of mixed martial arts. It will make the main story more interesting by making a tangled relationship with Ji-chul.

Lee David made his debut as a child actor in 2003 and has been actively involved in dramas and movies such as ' Save me ',' Hey Ghost let's fight',  'Be positive', 'Who are you -School 2015', 'Gu family book' etc, gaining 16 years of acting experience despite his young age.

This long-time filmography has proved a credible presence as an actor. In this "Bad papa", which is acknowledged as showing a different kind of image for each character that he plays with his stable acting ability, he expects to see what kind of acting will capture the house theater.

His upcoming works include movies 'Swing Kids' and 'Savage', and in the second half he will continue his various performances through the drama 'Bad Papa'.

MBC new Mon/Tue drama 'Bad Papa' is scheduled to air in September.

2018062201001825200140111.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201806220100182520014011&servicedate=20180621

51 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Hmmmm... but i won't really classify Kang Pil-joo (Money Flower) as a fighter?? Unless you are counting Voice, The Swordsman and Wok of Love.

Haha I think he finds it more relaxing to work rather than to 'rest' at home.

I'm counting Swordsman, WOL and Bad Papa.

Well everybody knows he is a weirdo. He loves to abuse himself.:tongue:

Kim Byung-choon starring in MBC's " Bad Papa " 

Bae-il Entertainment confirmed that actor Kim Byung-choon has been casted as the role of Inspector Park Min-sik, the director of police investigation, in the MBC drama ‘Bad Papa’.  

‘Bad Papa’ is a story of the struggle of a middle-age man who chose to be a bad man in order to be a good father. The main character Yoo Ji-chul has been confirmed to be played by actor Jang Hyuk.

Chief Inspector Park Min-sik, played by Kim Byung-choon, is a police officer who leads the life-style of a ‘goose father’. Although he gets into trouble frequently due to Yoo Ji-chul, he still feels pity for the latter. 

Kim Byung-choon, who made his debut in the movie  ‘Champions of tomorrow’ in 1982, has been active in numerous dramas and film productions, such as ‘ Rebel’, ‘The King in love’, ‘Live up to your name’, ‘Money Flower’ , ‘Untouchable’ , ‘Judge vs judge’ and ‘Cross’.  In 2017, he received the Best Supporting Actor Award for Drama in the Korean Culture Awards. In the second half of this year, he will continue to be seen on the screen with drama 'Bad Papa' and many more. 

Meanwhile, MBC's new Mon/Tue drama ‘Bad Papa’  is scheduled to air in September, following ‘Risky Romance’.

47788_73430_143.jpg

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S0WOBSMT2

On 6/21/2018 at 8:06 PM, Rafael Pascual said:

script is in already. #BadPapa

Seems that they already have had the script reading session ?

10 hours ago, nyk said:

Good to see the scripts are up to ep.4 already

Yeah I always find it so cute each episode has a different colored cover

12 hours ago, nyk said:

Good to see the scripts are up to ep.4 already

Great. Seems like the drama and actors won't suffer from live-writing. 

Hope they also start shooting soon.

On 6/21/2018 at 7:17 PM, mandunim86 said:

woahhhhh hyukie accept a new drama? swordsman? bad papa hasn't started yet :blink:

Nope.

His workaholism still didn't reach that level.:w00t:

Swordsman is a movie that he shot last year. :)

On 6/16/2018 at 12:29 AM, jongski said:

Thanks prettysup. Excited excited excited! This for sure I'm going to watch! Jang Hyuk's brilliant acting will be on display!

And I can imagine the heartbreaking scenes already.  You know he's good at this...

3 hours ago, AgnesO said:

And I can imagine the heartbreaking scenes already.  You know he's good at this... 

I know right. imagine heartbreaking scenes with teen daughter played by shin eun soo. We'll see  beautiful wonder awesome acting.. because that Jang Hyuk.  Plus young actress future lead star.:thumbsup:

BTW, just saw the added emojis Soompi ya heard me and @kohnleethanks for adding more emoji choices. 

We need  this here ----> :love: for Jang Hyuk's brilliance for  every time we see his  a+ acting and his to drool looks.

CLC's Kwon Eun Bin makes acting debut in 'Bad Papa' with Jang Hyuk

According to a number of broadcasting officials, Kwon Eun Bin recently decided to play Kim Sang-ah in 'Bad Papa'. Kim Sang-ah is a person who sets up a controversy with Yoo Young-sun (Shin Eun-soo), daughter of Yoo Ji-Chul (Jang Hyuk).

Kwon Eun-bin joined CLC in 2016 and is working as a team vocalist. This is the first time she is taking up the acting challenge. It is anticipated that Kwon Eun-bin, who has shown the charm as the youngest member of CLC, will show what she will do in her first acting challenge.

'Bad Papa' is a drama depicting the story of a man who becomes a bad man to become a good father, scheduled to air in September.

2018062601002210600171141.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201806260100221060017114&ServiceDate=20180625

CLC’s Eunbin To Make Acting Debut In New Action Drama With Jang Hyuk

CLC’s Eunbin will appear in her first drama!

On June 25, many sources in the industry reported, “Eunbin will appear in the new MBC drama ‘Bad Papa‘ [working title] as Kim Sang Ah. She’ll play a character who rivals Yoo Ji Chul [played by Jang Hyuk]’s daughter Yoo Young Sun [played by Shin Eun Soo].”

In response to the reports, CLC’s agency Cube Entertainment said, “It’s true that Eunbin will be appearing in ‘Bad Papa.’ As stated in the article, Eunbin is planning to portray the character Kim Sang Ah.”

This will be Eunbin’s first acting role and will make her the third CLC member to pursue acting after Yujin and Elkie.

“Bad Papa” will tell the story of a middle-aged man who chooses to become a bad person in order to become a good father. The cast includes Jang Hyuk, Kim Jae Kyung, and Lee David.

“Bad Papa” will air in September on MBC.

Eunbin-Jang-Hyuk.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/25/clcs-eunbin-make-acting-debut-new-action-drama-jang-hyuk/

Jang EuI-soo, MBC's Mon/Tue drama' Bad Papa'... working with Jang Hyuk

Actor Jang Sung-soo has been casted in the MBC new Mon/Tue drama " Bad Papa. "

'Bad Papa' describes the struggles of a man who chose to become a bad man  in order to be a good father. Jang Eul-soo will play the character Sang Cheol, who is a martial arts a fighter at an underground fighting gambling place where the main character Yoo Ji-chul (Jang Hyuk) will enter. He will play a big role in fighting  as well as being a gambler.

In addition, Jang Eul-soo's  200% superb body condition and athletic ability that matches a martial arts player adds realism to the role, and at the same time, emits a charm that will captivate the TV screen. Debuting as a fashion model, Jang  captured viewers' attention recently as a part-timer on TVNs' entertainment program 'Life Bar'.

Jang Eul-soo is drawing attention to his leap in 2018 as to what kind of impression he will make on viewers with "Bad Papa". He said, "I am honored to be able to appear with great actors in a wonderful work. I will try my best to make sure viewers enjoy the drama with great interest".

Meanwhile, MBC's new Mon/Tue drama, 'Bad Papa' is scheduled to air in September, following 'Risky Romance'.

201806260919777110_5b31885ff1857.jpg

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?page=1&branch=&source=&category=entertainment&art_id=6322214

On 6/24/2018 at 1:47 AM, DreamCatcher2011 said:

Yeah Jang Hyuk. So happy to see him again as the first lead not the second lead. It didn't respect him to put him as the second lead with his talent. 

Yup.

16 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Eul-soo will play the character Sang Cheol, who is a martial arts a fighter at an underground fighting gambling place where the main character Yoo Ji-chul (Jang Hyuk) will enter. He will play a big role in fighting  as well as being a gambler.

In addition, Jang Eul-soo's  200% superb body condition and athletic ability that matches a martial arts player adds realism to the role, and at the same time, emits a charm that will captivate the TV screen.

Thanks pretty up for updates. Haven't heard of the actor but. "superb body condition" got me! Heehe :P I hope the acting complements that.

And yes, Soompi aside from adding new emojis,another new thing I just discovered. I highlight the one I wanted to quote and immediately  quote selection pops up. so yeah, its much easier now. :thumbsup:

Archived