Quantcast
Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Jang Hyuk up to play ex-boxer in MBC’s Bad Papa

by tipsymocha

What a busy, busy bee. Jang Hyuk (Greasy Melo) has already lined up his next show, titled Bad Papa, which makes the upcoming MBC drama his third television project this year. I’m always down for more Jang Hyuk, though, so you won’t hear me complaining anytime soon. The role calls for a great mix of action and drama that sounds like right up Jang Hyuk’s alley, too.

Jang Hyuk is up to play a former top boxer who lost all of his fame and wealth in a single moment, and now seeks to reclaim his life by starting anew in mixed martial arts. His character decides to become a bad person in order to be a good father, and will struggle to live up to his role as the head of his family. The ex-boxer will start to repair ties with his wife, played by Sohn Yeo-eun (Suits), and their daughter, portrayed by the young Shin Eun-soo (Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned).

Jang Hyuk’s and Sohn Yeo-eun’s characters are high school sweethearts who married young and had their daughter at 20 years old, and while she resents her husband’s abrupt fall from grace, she tries her best to be a good parent in front of her child. Bad Papa sounds like a heartwarming tearjerker of a family drama, with two parents struggling to be a decent mom and dad to their daughter, despite their flaws and what life throws their way.

Hopefully, the writing and directing will be able to do this story justice, and I’m cautiously optimistic to hear that PD Jin Chang-kyu, who co-directed Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People, will be sitting in the director’s chair. Bad Papa is slated to follow Life or Death Romance, starring Lee Shi-young and Ji Hyun-woo, which puts its premiere sometime this fall on MBC.

janghyuk-09a.jpg

sohnyeoeun-shineunsoo-badpapa.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/06/jang-hyuk-up-to-play-ex-boxer-in-mbcs-bad-papa/

• Like 9

Former Rainbow Member Kim Jae Kyung To Star Opposite Jang Hyuk In New Action Drama

Idol-turned-actress Kim Jae Kyung will be appearing in a new MBC drama!

On June 18, Kim Jae Kyung’s agency Namoo Actors confirmed that she would be starring in “Bad Papa” (literal title), an upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama about a man who becomes a bad person in order to be a good father to his children.

Jang Hyuk will be playing the titular “bad papa,” while Kim Jae Kyung will be taking on the role of Cha Ji Woo, an ace detective who is the youngest in her unit. In the drama, Cha Ji Woo will find herself unexpectedly struggling to solve a mysterious case.

Kim Jae Kyung most recently appeared in the KBS drama “The Miracle We Met” and is currently starring in OCN’s remake of “Life on Mars.”

“Bad Papa” is currently scheduled to begin airing in September.

Kim-Jaekyung-Jang-Hyuk.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/17/kim-jae-kyung-confirmed-star-opposite-jang-hyuk-new-action-drama/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Excited for Bad Papa. I'm anticipating this drama. I check and the young actress  Shin Eun Soo, playing Jang Hyuk's daughter is only 15 yrs old. I'm checking Vanishing Time movie so wanted to share.  Hyuki's up coming drama The Swords man.. feature his as blind swordsman  with teen daughter  too (played by  Kim Hyun Soo).

Gosh, he's getting these characters with teen daughters. But still at his age... he looks sexy as hell! it's the icing on the cake. The brilliant acting tops!  It's definitely Jang Hyuk's year.  He  better win a Daesang or an Intl emmy again.

Jang Hyuk!  Like a fine wine. The professionalism. Love for craft.His acting skills.  ❤️️

cr: as tag.

• Like 8

Wow Jang Hyuk in another drama. This one sounds interesting. I have always loved him in action drama - well last one I watched with JH was Voice and that was awesome - so will probably give this a try.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, jongski said:

Gosh, he's getting these characters with teen daughters. But still at his age... he looks sexy as hell! 

Last year I was ranting that he never plays dad or husband. Also that he needs to flaunt his martial arts skills more before he gets too old.  

Looks like drama Gods listened to me so well and we got everything in abundance. :D Instead of little kids he has got teenagers and he is a fighter in his latest three projects. :ph34r:

So now I'm complaining that JH doesn't get the quality work that an actor of his caliber deserves and he needs to show his charming sensitive side on the screen more. Give him something substantial sans fights.

(I wonder if I'll also get  everything in abundence this year. :tongue:)

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

Aigoooo @fiesty8001 do you know how lucky you are to get to see JH in THREE dramas this year? :D

THREE.....

I would also like to see him getting some rest though. 

Poor thing almost never took a break since his debut.

Money Flower was good for him. This 'Bad Papa' also sounds good.

But still don't know what to make of this 'Wok Ladle Wok Ladle Wok Ladle...'

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

22 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Looks like drama Gods listened to me so well and we got everything in abundance. :D Instead of little kids he has got teenagers and he is a fighter in his latest three projects. :ph34r:

Hmmmm... but i won't really classify Kang Pil-joo (Money Flower) as a fighter?? Unless you are counting Voice, The Swordsman and Wok of Love.

21 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I would also like to see him getting some rest though. 

Poor thing almost never took a break since his debut.

Haha I think he finds it more relaxing to work rather than to 'rest' at home.

Lee David 'Bad Papa' confirmed appearance ... To work closely with Jang Hyuk

Actor Lee David has confirmed to join the cast of MBC's new Mon/Tue drama 'Bad Papa'.

'Bad Papa' (playwright Kim Sung-min, director Jang Chang-gyu) is a story of middle-aged man's struggle in life, who chose to be a bad man in order to be a good father. Lee plays the role of the third-class coach of the martial arts gambling club, ' Kim Yong-dae, ' and will work closely with Jang Hyuk who plays the main character of Yoo Ji-chul.

Kim Yong-dae is a big fan of former boxing champion Yoo Ji-chul (Jang Hyuk), and plays a crucial role in bringing him back to the stage of mixed martial arts. It will make the main story more interesting by making a tangled relationship with Ji-chul.

Lee David made his debut as a child actor in 2003 and has been actively involved in dramas and movies such as ' Save me ',' Hey Ghost let's fight',  'Be positive', 'Who are you -School 2015', 'Gu family book' etc, gaining 16 years of acting experience despite his young age.

This long-time filmography has proved a credible presence as an actor. In this "Bad papa", which is acknowledged as showing a different kind of image for each character that he plays with his stable acting ability, he expects to see what kind of acting will capture the house theater.

His upcoming works include movies 'Swing Kids' and 'Savage', and in the second half he will continue his various performances through the drama 'Bad Papa'.

MBC new Mon/Tue drama 'Bad Papa' is scheduled to air in September.

2018062201001825200140111.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201806220100182520014011&servicedate=20180621

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 7

51 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Hmmmm... but i won't really classify Kang Pil-joo (Money Flower) as a fighter?? Unless you are counting Voice, The Swordsman and Wok of Love.

Haha I think he finds it more relaxing to work rather than to 'rest' at home.

I'm counting Swordsman, WOL and Bad Papa.

Well everybody knows he is a weirdo. He loves to abuse himself.:tongue:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Kim Byung-choon starring in MBC's " Bad Papa " 

Bae-il Entertainment confirmed that actor Kim Byung-choon has been casted as the role of Inspector Park Min-sik, the director of police investigation, in the MBC drama ‘Bad Papa’.  

‘Bad Papa’ is a story of the struggle of a middle-age man who chose to be a bad man in order to be a good father. The main character Yoo Ji-chul has been confirmed to be played by actor Jang Hyuk.

Chief Inspector Park Min-sik, played by Kim Byung-choon, is a police officer who leads the life-style of a ‘goose father’. Although he gets into trouble frequently due to Yoo Ji-chul, he still feels pity for the latter. 

Kim Byung-choon, who made his debut in the movie  ‘Champions of tomorrow’ in 1982, has been active in numerous dramas and film productions, such as ‘ Rebel’, ‘The King in love’, ‘Live up to your name’, ‘Money Flower’ , ‘Untouchable’ , ‘Judge vs judge’ and ‘Cross’.  In 2017, he received the Best Supporting Actor Award for Drama in the Korean Culture Awards. In the second half of this year, he will continue to be seen on the screen with drama 'Bad Papa' and many more. 

Meanwhile, MBC's new Mon/Tue drama ‘Bad Papa’  is scheduled to air in September, following ‘Risky Romance’.

47788_73430_143.jpg

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S0WOBSMT2

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/21/2018 at 8:06 PM, Rafael Pascual said:

script is in already. #BadPapa

Seems that they already have had the script reading session ?

10 hours ago, nyk said:

Good to see the scripts are up to ep.4 already

Yeah I always find it so cute each episode has a different colored cover

• Like 6

12 hours ago, nyk said:

Good to see the scripts are up to ep.4 already

Great. Seems like the drama and actors won't suffer from live-writing. 

Hope they also start shooting soon.

On 6/21/2018 at 7:17 PM, mandunim86 said:

woahhhhh hyukie accept a new drama? swordsman? bad papa hasn't started yet :blink:

Nope.

His workaholism still didn't reach that level.:w00t:

Swordsman is a movie that he shot last year. :)

• Like 8

On 6/16/2018 at 12:29 AM, jongski said:

Thanks prettysup. Excited excited excited! This for sure I'm going to watch! Jang Hyuk's brilliant acting will be on display!

And I can imagine the heartbreaking scenes already.  You know he's good at this...

• Like 7

3 hours ago, AgnesO said:

And I can imagine the heartbreaking scenes already.  You know he's good at this... 

I know right. imagine heartbreaking scenes with teen daughter played by shin eun soo. We'll see  beautiful wonder awesome acting.. because that Jang Hyuk.  Plus young actress future lead star.:thumbsup:

BTW, just saw the added emojis Soompi ya heard me and @kohnleethanks for adding more emoji choices. 

We need  this here ----> :love: for Jang Hyuk's brilliance for  every time we see his  a+ acting and his to drool looks.

• Like 7