I just realized something that maybe should have been obvious to me before.....the visual that comes up with the age rating for the drama (don't know what to call that) usually has something to do with the drama.  The one for Time has a picture of a watch sinking in water.....what if SH's drowning was always intended to be in the drama as a turning point?  

If that had been the case from the beginning and if KJH had not been ill, I would have expected this to be a literal watershed moment in the drama where things began to turn around.  Perhaps the writer has re-written things so that SH can be there at the end.  There has to be a reason for JH to go on living.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00219150.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRttKRScd_QmL6odhbs-xaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQixy5dqbgCaEbAIEvc1hu

We knew it was coming... We knew he wasn't replaceable... We knew the story wouldn't be the same...

Somehow the title Time seems to fit the way in which I'm feeling, this kind of sadness in the what if's.  If there had only been more time what is it that the original story would have shown me that I will never see.  In this situation it's not about fault for there is none.  And although he is a character, still not unlike real life when people die and you find yourself asking why oh why?

I know myself well enough that there would not have been an easy way in which to see him leave nor a perfect time.  Yet if it is to be, than giving ones life for someone that you love is as close to perfection as one can get.  It may not be a larger than life scene drowning and yet what is there that is greater than giving one's life in trying to save another.  I don't know of any...

When I think back on the many times SH protected, reached out and held JH within his heart I think his running & rushing to her wasn't about choice it was pure instinct in loving her.  Without even knowing it she gave him all the things he never had someone that loved him for himself, believed and trusted in him, and made him feel worthy as a man...

Now it is JH that will use all that she has learned and experienced to prove to others that created all the darkness around her.  By shinning her own bright light into that darkness.  Taking up the courage in showing the differences between right and wrong and that no amount of evil, money, power or lies can control or cover up that which is truth. That no matter how long it takes or the struggles one must face. 

Doing the right thing is always worth fighting for...

If SH is truly gone for good than JH will just have lost her husband but gained an angel instead...

Yet that part of me that believes in miracles will hold out hope until the end...

:tears:

I think we are not meant to lose hope. For these reasons:

• Choi Ho Chul planned this drama for three years. So there will already be an ending in his head. From the beginning the messages we got from this drama were "I am not alone" and "Nobody lives to be unhappy". In episode 12, now we have Bok-gyu saying it's right to believe in miracles, and even Jihyun said "come back healthy" "I will be alone". We know the writer does not just put filler, everything means something or alludes to something. I just don't think a sudden drowning death makes sense to the message of this drama which is about hope and growth. And I don't think the writer would choose such a cheap way to end a character after building up so much hope in the same episode. This had to be planned since the beginning. Some even pointed out the "when I die, will I become a star?" scene directly predicted this moment since the beginning. It can't be a sudden revision. 
  • Suho dying from drowning is not closure in any way to anybody. He will have died knowing he could not save Jihyun. Jihyun will live knowing he died trying to save her, just as she started to forgive him. Jihyun specifically said "become healthy, come back soon, I will be lonely". These are not just throwaway words. They are huge and meaningful hurdles that have been crossed. She talked to her friend about how Suho was the last person in the world she trusted and he shattered that. Why would they have her emphasize her devastation, barely start to open her heart, and just destroy her again? It makes no sense at all. She does not deserve this way, and neither does Suho.
  • Both Suho and Jihyun talked about adoption and children. Again, the writer has no time or space in the script to waste on things that don't matter or become a piece of the puzzle. There was a reason they chose to have Suho and Jihyun plan trips to the orphanage, consider a future together, and cry about being parents Suho's room. It has to factor in to something later on, otherwise there was a million other ways for them to spend time together as newlyweds. The fact that Jihyun herself wanted to adopt is a huge thing. 
  • There's said to be a number of scenes that were filmed that have no aired yet. I don't believe they were simply cut. The crew knew for a long time that Kim Jung Hyun was ill, so they had time to prepare for the end and accommodate his absence. I believe those unaired scenes aren't cut, but purposely pre-filmed for the ending.
  • The entire conversation about going to America and being treated at Johns Hopkins was too specific and too hopeful to be included for no reason. I saw earlier it pointed out that even if Johns Hopkins can't cure this particular cancer, the have a successful rate of the patient living longer (2-5 years) than expected. Even though it is not a perfect happy ending for Jihyun and Suho, it is still better than sudden death and a chance to love each other. 
  • In this drama, dark blue light = premonition of a character's death. When Suho started drowning, there was a bright white light beaming through the blue. It might be sign he makes it.

Another thing I saw a lot point out in this episode were many scenes between Suho and Jihyun sounded like conversations between Seohyun and Kim Junghyun. Referring to their presscon incident, Kim Junghyun's worsening condition, and Seohyun being left alone. "He caused all this" "Don't take long because I will be alone" "I was ashamed of that day and my body suffered" "Go get treated" "Come back healthy so you can help me" "You did your best until now" "Thank you for saying that" . It all sounded too real. 

@turtledovelove you just gave me more reason  to believe we'll get a happy ending and that him dying this way is absurde 

and i agree with everything you said 

i'm just curious how everything will be solved a how they will end it 

and about the seohyun kim jung hyun conversation many poibted out the same remarke they all said it felt so real like it's the actors conversation and not jihyun and suho 

I'm late but i glad i jumped and watched Time. Managed to catch up to ep 24 in 2days. Such a compeling drama with complex characters and not your normal candy heroine.

To be honest, earlier on i had little sympathy for Suho, he was supremely rude and arrogant, he seemed to be beyond redemption. But after seeing how hard he worked to make things right for Jihyun, i cant help but feel sorry for him. SH's relationship with his employees took me by surprise. He was so rough earlier on i thought his employees hated him, but it seems not the case. His employees actually like him enough to humor his weird and abrasive attitude. The get-together showcased how actually close they are.

Ep23-24 was a tearjerker. SH thanking his doctor was heartbreaking. Seeing him attempt to make small conversation with JH and do everything on his small bucket list was heartwrenching.

The dialogue in the recent ep seems to overlap for both SH and KJH's condition. I hope KJH returns healthier in the future. He did a tremendous job in Time. 

P/s: SH actually reminds me of Kang Min Ho from Falling for Innocence. I adored kang min ho's growth over the series, he was so arrogant and rude but changed to be so much better. MH begging his doctor to save his life was so heartbreaking too especially since he was so close with his doctor. 

Remember, drama started filming in May and the premiere was delayed for almost a month because of World Cup. Not only that, there were three weeks of cancelled episodes. In the last couple weeks we saw many scenes that were only recently filmed be used in the episodes. How could they be cutting this close if they had all that time from delays and cancellation when they were continuously filming?  There are a rumored/confirmed of scenes that were filmed which we have not seen yet. They filmed at a golf course, at a cabin(?) area on rainy days, a piano duet, and on September 1st staff was said to be filming all night at ASEM tower, and there is a rumored kiss. I believe these scenes, and even more, will show up in future episodes as either flashbacks or better - pre-filmed ending scenes. Filming out of order is nothing new. In the K2 it turns out they shot their final scenes at the beginning of the drama. Dramas and movies film out of order all the time. 

In the press release for Kim Jung Hyun's exit, they said script would only have SOME revisions, he will exit (not die off) in a natural way, and the script until episode 12 was already untouched. So it goes back to the theory that the drowning scare was intended since the beginning. They also knew he was receiving treatments and doctors wanted him to leave since the press conference. The fact that he filmed over a month more after that I think was to ensure as little damage to the story as possible. I believe he filmed enough content to cover an early exit. 

I am so curious to see what will happen in the next episode. I think even if they make us believe Suho is dead, there will be a twist. Whoever kidnapped and tried to drown Jihyun was a minion of Suho's father and dragged her out to die in broad daylight. We know the last thing Suho's father wants is Suho dead - it will destroy the company. So there is strong reason to believe if someone rescues them, they will ensure Suho lives even if it means taking him away from Jihyun or having her believe he is gone. The Chairman wants them separated no matter what. And we KNOW that Minseok is there. If he saves them, or saves Jihyun, we know he is not above lying to her to "make her suffer less". He might plant Suho's death in her head too. 

I just say - unless we see actually see dead body at a funeral, let's assume he is alive. Suho and Bok-gyu had a conversation about believing in miracles. I am sure it is a way to keep the audience's spirit alive.

i believe i'm not the only one whom believe this isn't the end. i believe some people also believe that SH is still alive after all that happen. CHC will never ever do that, there are no such thing like "kill off a main character and left everything unsettled, make the lead's life miserable" in his blood. as long as i believe Time is a re-establish version of his previously cancelled drama "the happiest time of my life" which is planned to air years ago, i believe he's prepared. he wouldn't let his pride destroyed over KJH departure (and i believe KJH wouldn't also allowed him to end the drama this way). if SH happen to show up in the end and Time will eventually have twisted happiest shocking ending, i believe not only KJH will receive the award by the end of the year, but also CHC for succeeding bringing the biggest tearful surprise ever. for so many time i said i believe in CHC. one is that i believe the news about KJH departure released after the whole staff settled everything. they even stated that on the news itself. two, the "miracle", "comeback healthy", "i want to be a dad" thing i believe are not for nothing, let alone fillers. i believe they won't let the two step family win everything over that easily after trying to kill off JH, MS and SH when "justice" is one of many messages delivered throughout. i believe in some miracle. the black dress the girls are seen wearing maybe is for someone's death it is, but we all knew what also happened to Kang In Bum. maybe someone has taken SH to US, maybe it's CA because why can't she? she also faked Kang In Bum's death before. maybe for now, the message delivered is "how does it feel to think you're causing someone's death while you're unconscious" and JH will soon get over that. she'll met again with SH with a "clean" heart, no revenge, no "you caused my sister's death" but instead just love and "i'm sorry i miss you so much"

Been following this drama most closely out of the current set. Came here to see if someone could make sense of where we are going with a main lead departure, and the posts above are giving me hope that the finish will be just as good as everything up until now has been! :smile:

This week was something else specially last episode.My heart broke so many times :bawling:  Not just saying cause it's a drama with Seohyun but I never cried so much since watching 'Missing you' and that was 6 years ago. I try to avoid sad dramas usually.

And the fact that it looked like some of the dialogue was applicable to Seohyun and Kim Jung Hyun couldn't help but thought how they  would felt saying those words to eachother in the drama.It felt to real :heartbreak:

I just wished JH knew of his condition sooner so we could had beautiful moments and whish we had more romance before all this...WHY?:(

About the future  of SH I think we can only start to take some better conclusions next week.I still want to believe in that miracle too.:star:

There was something spoiled from the BTS that was shared in this thread already and MBC deleted it afterwards and 

Spoiler

we saw that JH and SH were taken from the water JH trying to wake up SH but SH wasn't waking up and had white lips and face I hope this doesn't mean that he will be gone for good yet :( 

If he does die like this ill be so annoyed wont everyone else? why give hope then take it away but would they fake SH's death? 

1 hour ago, seohyun_fan said:

This week was something else specially last episode.My heart broke so many times :bawling:  Not just saying cause it's a drama with Seohyun but I never cried so much since watching 'Missing you' and that was 6 years ago. I try to avoid sad dramas usually.

And the fact that it looked like some of the dialogue was applicable to Seohyun and Kim Jung Hyun couldn't help but thought how they  would felt saying those words to eachother in the drama.It felt to real :heartbreak:

I just wished JH knew of his condition sooner so we could had beautiful moments and whish we had more romance before all this...WHY?:(

About the future  of SH I think we can only start to take some better conclusions next week.I still want to believe in that miracle too.:star:

There was something spoiled from the BTS that was shared in this thread already and MBC deleted it afterwards and 

Hide contents

we saw that JH and SH were taken from the water JH trying to wake up SH but SH wasn't waking up and had white lips and face I hope this doesn't mean that he will be gone for good yet :( 

Yeah that is why im thinking bad stuff but ill hate the writers/producers etc.. for giving us all this hope to end it like this.. no true happiness for them? 

@Wotad Like I said we need to wait till next week to see what they are going to do and take better conclusions from there :(

Btw has anyone seen the smile SH had on this scene? So pure!! :bawling: Like someone said why did they only had these moments just 5 min before the incident and JH was just starting to eat his food too...

Me too :cry:

And I'm hoping we can still watch in the future their piano duet scene (even if it's just a flashback)

Apparently it was Seohyun's idea since she knows how to play

Spoiler

Not too happy "if" SH died in this manner so I rewatched the episodes.. too many hints;

1. Jh repeatg too iften tht he go to US and get treated, come home healthy and fast as she will be alone

2. SH queried his asst if he believe in miracles

3. His bucket list .. there must be more to this.

Anyway I want to believe he is alive, in a coma probably n during this period getting treatment?.

Meanwhile JH is left behind to sort 'slush fund scandals' thereby exposing all those wicked parties... alone probably with ex boyfriend's help??

Finally.. end of episode we get to see SH back all recovered to take over papas empire n they lived happily ever after (Last scene pre recorded as they knew KJH had to leave)..

hmmm this shld keep me happy until the next episode.

Just watched a YouTube video that was about KDramas that have had various problems this year due to real life situations (like actors dropping roles or people getting injured).  So, of course, Time was one of the dramas mentioned due to KJH's illness.  The thing that got me, though, is that they said that the number of episodes had been dropped from 16 to 14.  Anyone know if this is true?

2 hours ago, thistle said:

Just watched a YouTube video that was about KDramas that have had various problems this year due to real life situations (like actors dropping roles or people getting injured).  So, of course, Time was one of the dramas mentioned due to KJH's illness.  The thing that got me, though, is that they said that the number of episodes had been dropped from 16 to 14.  Anyone know if this is true?

I don't think that's true. Not sure which YouTube video you're referring to, but I've just searched all latest Korean articles but none of them says episode number has been cut down. When there were news releases regarding Kim JH's early exit, Production side made it very clear that they won't put his replacement nor drop episodes. Also, <Terius behind me> premiers on Sept 26th. 

Belated hi to all! Newbie to this thread. :)

1 hour ago, findit said:

I don't think that's true. Not sure which YouTube video you're referring to, but I've just searched all latest Korean articles but none of them says episode number has been cut down. When there were news releases regarding Kim JH's early exit, Production side made it very clear that they won't put his replacement nor drop episodes. Also, <Terius behind me> premiers on Sept 26th. 

Belated hi to all! Newbie to this thread. :)

Thank you!  Time has been such a great show that it would be a shame if it were shortened.

By the way, the video I watched is this one (statement about Time is near the 8 minute mark)--I'm a complete newbie here (although I have lurked for quite awhile) and wasn't sure if it was okay to post the video:

Late to the party on this one. So sad about KJH having to leave the show regarding his health. Hope he feels better. The story has totally piqued my interest & now that he'll be gone will the story lose it's steam? I know for me the other drama that had to change lead actress wasn't quite as good after. I hope SH gets her revenge. Please don't have her get with anyone, especially back together with the lawyer. It seems like they're trying to redeem him. On another not have they or will they kiss before he goes?

Archived