[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

http://m.busan.com/m/News/view.jsp?newsId=20180802000327

Apparently a staff from the production of Thirty But Seventeen had passed away in his home. He worked on outdoor shoot. They suspect heat wave may have caused it. Until the autopsy reports clearly state what has happened, SBS is halting shooting for the drama.

I don't know who has passed away but May He Rest in Peace. I hope they this issue is resolved fast and if necesarry they take additional measures to ensure safety and good health of everyone involved in the production.

Ps...I rely heavily on online translation medium so feel free to correct me if I've got any of it wrong.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_pcud10MXdP1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_pcud10MXdP1w2zf0ho2_540.png

Jennifer is definitely unusual.

Her behavior is that of a virtual assistant (you know, "hey Google"). 

She has encyclopedic knowledge and adds to that base through experience.

I think she can only speak in facts.

When she first met Seo-ri, she greeted her as if it was their first meeting. 

When she said, "Call me Jennifer," Woo-jin choked on his water (either because she is plain wacky, or the name "Jennifer" holds some meaning for him).

I think @stuartjmz's "undercover angel" theory is interesting--just not "undercover aunt."

Episode 3-4 is titled "Elegant Ghost" and features this scene:

tumblr_pcud10MXdP1w2zf0ho3_r1_540.png

Is Jennifer a ghost?

I almost forgot how good Yang Se Jong was in emotional scenes. His acting always intrigues me, even when he’s being so weird and quirky which by the way I love because he’s so funny as Mr Gong. But that scene at an intersection showed how good he really is considering he’s still a new actor who landed his first leading role last year.

Jennifer acts exactly like the lead in Kaseifu no Mita/ Suspicious Housekeeper.She probably also had a sad past forcing her to act like a robot. Maybe this is a parody of that series. 

After the first 4 episodes, I’m really loving it! The main leads’ acting is on point, especially SHS. I like that GWJ is slowly opening up, even if it’s just a little bit, with WSR in his life. Shoutout to him for not trying to hurt her feelings. Chan is really a sweetheart and I hope he doesn’t fall for WSR but instead, just sees her as a noona/ajumma. So far, their friendship is my favorite part of this show and I want to see more of WSR learning about the things she missed in those 13 years from him. As for Jennifer, I still very much like her and I haven’t seen Suspicious Housekepper so I don’t really know. Currently, she’s still only a comic relief in my eyes so DEPTH! I also do pray that KTR doesn’t turn into a generic, jealous second female lead because I think that would just waste the potential her character has. Like others have said, she could a great mentor to WSR and help her get back her skills (and they would make an awesome sis-romance). DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH!

Just as an information in regards of the staff member who passed away:

Korean news outlets report that the staff member didn't pass away due to overwork and heat wave but due to a cerebral hemorrhage, brain bleeding. :(

The filming for this drama will resume today.

59 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Just as an information in regards of the staff member who passed away:

Korean news outlets report that the staff member didn't pass away due to overwork and heat wave but due to a cerebral hemorrhage, brain bleeding. :(

The filming for this drama will resume today.

Just saw...May He rest in peace...such a difficult time for the family..May God give them strength and patience

99546B435B65DC980A4363

9967B9415B64DD7A0F

Hi everyone. Finished mourning for the departed.

Some absolutely fantastic gifs everywhere, but many more here on this post:

http://kongssi.tistory.com/37

Welcome to @jeijei, @maplinh and many others. Thanks for sharing here, making this a warm happy place. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Dju9ILPV4AA6nbu.jpg

And it does look like the story will develop into Seo-Ri becoming good at violin again. :w00t: It says 'Woo Seo-Ri Solo Performance', so this isn't the Proms-like festival discussed with Rin Kim on the phone.

EDIT:

It was pointed out kindly in another chat that this is probably the pic of her dream concert in her imagination that we've already seen in earlier episode. Ha ha. I frankly don't mind if Seo-Ri doesn't get to be a pro violinist - afterall that door closed for her, but another door to her happiness has opened, as we know.

99DDC93D5B62866112

From http://mygooddata.tistory.com/641

Line 7 & 9 are SHS, YSJ. 1 Park Min-Young 2 Park Seo-Joon 3 Kim Tae-Ri 4 Lee Byung-Hyeon 5 Im Soo-Hyang 6 Cha Eun-Woo 8 Lee Tae-Hwan 10 Lee Dong-Wook.

991D923B5B62844F24

From http://mygooddata.tistory.com/639

#5 is 30b17. 1 Sec Kim 2 Mr SS 3 Gangnam ID 4 Life 6 On Mars 7 YorHonor 8 Time 9 Human2? 10 Eat

Spoiler

This is expected to gradually rise, as the just finished #1 will stop sucking all the oxygen from the room. 

B)

For those who may care, the above 2 charts are the gooddata 'topical-ness' ratings for the 4th week of July. This is separate from TV Nielsen ratings (which are always highest for weekend non-cable 'terrestrial' broadcast dramas and low for JTBC which is not as much watched by older people of SK), and also different from the overall 'net buzz' ratings.

For the 'net buzz' numbers, for just released (8/5) August drama actors (none yet for dramas themselves for August):

1888640059_fpvQ7u1y_cc803bff100c907b066a

1888640059_Uu9hFNKr_837700890472ea5d36dc

SHS & YSJ are #11 &12. Again, just getting started. :phew:

Full table of breakdown numbers here, for 5 different criteria from which the overall score comes.

Spoiler

1888640059_FzYvX3xL_1abe7cd0453d29c97aef

From http://www.rekorea.net/bbs/board.php?bo_table=repu4&wr_id=274

Combination of these 3 charts seems to determine the 'asking price' for each entertainer's endorsement and appearance contracts, I think.:glasses:

28 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

Sigh! That is so depressing for me: The thirtybutseventeen instagram account Yongzura quoted has made 92 posts. Four of them are all about the awful housekeeper, exactly none of them are about the other Ji Won in the cast . 

@stuartjmz, please don't be depressed yet B)  I chose that picture since it was very meaningful.  Why don't you visit or follow this IG:

Credit to the owner.

Oh btw, I love the "housekeeper".  If only I have someone like her, my life will be more organised...:lol:

34 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

Sigh! That is so depressing for me: The thirtybutseventeen instagram account Yongzura quoted has made 92 posts. Four of them are all about the awful housekeeper, exactly none of them are about the other Ji Won in the cast . 

Wang Ji Won hasn't appeared that much yet. Ye Ji Won's oddball housekeeper is appealing to a section of people including myself. Wait, when Wang Ji Won starts becoming more active in the plot with our main trio, I am sure we will get many more posts about her. :)

8 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

I have followed that account for many years, she is the person who arranged for me to receive my framed autograph from Ji Won, and I have sent gifts to her and her family as well. :D

My comment was about the sad reality of Wang Ji Won's role in this Drama - a more or less official instagram account has exactly NO photos of her, while having four of a character who was only added to the Drama after Wang Ji Won had already signed on as second lead.  The account accurately shows the actual importance of each character in the Drama now - the character described initially as second lead could disappear from the Drama and not be noticed. 

Oh really, good for you. :)  

Maybe we will have more of her picture within this week's episodes.  I do hope she will be the one who help her get back into the "musical scene"

Spoiler

It just so happened I was watching the drama "Good Doctor" again, and realised she was one of the doctors too.

lets talk about chan 's friends who loves food and the love he feel towards SR when he called random woman SR on the street  well i cant take it it will be so heartbreaking  i so much want to ship SR and Chan but well am rooting for Mr.gong and her green-scarf-emoticon-24.gif

30but17_E0708_00143.jpg

Archived