[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

9 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Quite a few more than 99, I think you'll find. More like 899, if my count is correct :) 

:blush::dizzy::grimace: Thanks friend. Now we know who's paying attention practicing diligently.

DjTvL-nU4AM_eb-.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjTvL-nU4AM_eb-.jpg

I'm getting nervous for my actress in the violin scenes, as it's probably the hardest thing to fake if you don't have some good basics in the instrument already. She was a wheelchair bound former ballerina in a previous smaller role, and no one knew she was so tall back then so no one minded, but to mimic the virtuosity and intensity of a solo violinist on stage is super difficult. I'm half covering my eyes for these scenes. :sweatingbullets: I didn't translate the portion of the radio show interview last week where she said she could not play it sufficiently well to not have to resort to a stand-in, so I think this part of the drama could be a challenge for the director and producers to pull off convincingly.

Spoiler

Speaking of what could have been done better in this drama so far, it seemed a far fetch she didn't scream for joy trying to play at least a few notes on that precious violin she found in the room (even if one were to swallow the camel that this beautiful cozy room was preserved undetected and dust free for so long). We'll see how much attention is given this matter this week, other than taking it to a shop shown in the preview.:ph34r:

@jongski welcome back! It's cute how SHS and the Life team boys going back and forth with cute sentiments cheering for one another with coffee trucks, isn't it? :wub:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/28/2018 at 10:24 AM, meechuttso said:

welcome and happy 3017 - wow that would be 99 years from now.

10 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Quite a few more than 99, I think you'll find. More like 899, if my count is correct :) 

50 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

:blush::dizzy::grimace: Thanks friend. Now we know who's paying attention practicing diligently.

I was trying hard to let this go ... but I'm too OCD. 

You two are obviously old pros at drama, but maybe too much drama has rusted the math. :lol:

3017 - 2018 = 999

I came here first for SHS but am now also interested in YSJ.  And after back-reading, I'm now super interested in getting to know WJW! 

Thanks for all your great comments @meechuttso and @stuartjmz !

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

I was trying hard to let this go ... but I'm too OCD. 

1 hour ago, stuartjmz said:

Busted!:D Me and maths have a long turbulent relationship:  I fear it like a Candy fears her Chaebol father-in-law, it treats me with contempt the way a chaeboil does his Candy daughter-in-law. 

Thanks, @1ouise but you know, the thread was kind of slow, so @stuartjmz and I wanted to team up to bring some humor ... right, Stu? :kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

Actually, this is how I really feel after 2.5 yrs on soompi, where all I have done is add, add, add more.

tumblr_pcnojyB9f61valxs7o4_r2_400.gif   tumblr_pcnojyB9f61valxs7o2_r1_500.gif  

It's so much easier to pull down random gifs off the interwebs than doing subtractions :)

2 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Interesting, but why would her height have been an issue?  Wang Ji Won is the same height, and she spent 6 months  a wheelchair-bound former ballerina in real life, after the pelvic fracture that ended her career with the Korea National Ballet

Sorry @stuartjmz I was flustered by the math quiz so I forgot to answer your question.

In Oh My Ghostess, they show a few seconds clip of SHS as a ballerina, and as I understand most ballerinas aren't so tall (172cm) but it was much easier to go along with the brief scene. I think the elegance with which a truly gifted and highly trained artist carries herself would be very difficult to emulate for most actresses who are not also trained as professional artists, so I can only hope that SHS will surprise me once more - she's always carried herself as a bit goofy, bashful and not someone who thrives on stage in front of a large audience focused on the minutest details of the artist's movements. We shall see. :sweatingbullets:

9903AB3E5B5C53231F1D97

This scene a bit like one of my frustrating dreams where I run away but never can shake my pursuer, or one where I chase, but never catch my pokemon. Good physical comedy from SHS, she's surprisingly good at looking spazzy. :tounge_wink:

256666_261062_1353.jpg

From http://www.starinnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=256666

These latest still-cuts much more desperate and not humorous however.

특히 양세종은 금방이라고 눈물을 쏟을 듯 심각한 표정으로, 신혜선의 팔을 붙들고 강하게 저지하고 있어 긴장감을 높인다. 무엇보다 이들이 차도 한 가운데 서있다는 점이 충격적이다. 금방이라도 차량이 굉음을 내며 두 사람에 달려들 것 같아 스틸을 보는 것만으로도 손에 땀을 쥐게 만드는 것. 이에 신혜선-양세종에게 무슨 일이 벌어진 것인지 궁금증이 한껏 치솟는다. 

이에 ‘서른이지만’ 측은 “극중 양세종이 신혜선과 얽히기 시작하면서, 그의 평온한 삶이 다양한 사건사고들로 휘몰아치게 된다”고 밝힌 뒤 “양세종의 ‘차단막’을 악의 없이 두드리는 신혜선의 사랑스러운 모습과, 소란스러워진 일상에 당황하는 양세종의 모습이 흥미진진하게 펼쳐질 예정이니 오늘(30일) 방송되는 5-6회도 많은 시청 부탁드린다”고 전했다. 

(gratuitous translations courtesy of @meechuttso)

...YSJ as if to burst into tears at any moment, grasping SHS's arm and holding her back strongly, increasing the tension. Most of all that they are standing in middle of a road is most shocking. Any moment the cars might come speeding towards them, just looking at the pics makes your hands sweaty. What will happen to SHS and YSJ , making our curiosity well up.

The '30b17' makers reveal, "As YSJ becomes entangled with SHS in the story, his peaceful life becomes embroiled in a variety of incidents/accidents," and "SHS's lovable appearance as she without malice pounds on YSJ's 'blocked-off'wall', YSJ's flustered (panicked) form at his now turbulent everyday, is expected to unfold with much amusement, so please tune in for today's (7/30th) Episode 5-6 and support us also," they relayed.

OK, twist my arm, I supposed I can try one more episode.... :tounge_xd:

I wonder what is that scene about. Is Mr. Gong trying to prevent Seo Ri from running or is Seo Ri trying to make him go with her? Now when I think about it... Why did nobody ask her what had happened to her? XD I mean a grown-up woman who behaves rather childish shows up claiming that it's her house... No questions at all? Even what's your name kind of question? Well, I guess that's the dramaland after all hahaha

I guess Mr Gong is not interested in knowing her name. Chan and the weird housekeeper most prolly just dont care about names. Even if she told him her name it wont mean anything to him becoz he thot his crush name was No So Mi, the one who died 13 yrs ago.

11 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Sorry @stuartjmz I was flustered by the math quiz so I forgot to answer your question.

and as I understand most ballerinas aren't so tall (172cm) but it was much easier to go along with the brief scene. I think the elegance with which a truly gifted and highly trained artist carries herself would be very difficult to emulate for most actresses who are not also trained as professional artists.

11 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

WJW is somewhere around 172cm and in a photo from one of her appearances for the Korea National Ballet, she's listed in the information sheet as "large swan" :)

@meechuttso I thot dancers are all about long neck, long limbs and extensions.

@stuartjmz I would love to see WJW ballet prowess used in this drama. 

I feel like it will be her starting to like him. She learn that he loved and is broken now because of the girl who died in the accident who she think is her friend. She may feel guilty about it then at some point she will enter the room and realise it's her the girl.

I hope he discovers her identity soon and not have the whole dragging of identities. I mean its a mistaken name - all he needs to do is say the other girl's name and she will probably correct him. Or maybe they are going with the approach that she plays the violin and her actions leads him to think its her?

I'm so in for the long haul. I love everyone. Woo Jin just solidified his place as the favorite though. I just love his characterization and the way YSJ is playing him. Though he is a bit standoffish, he still really awkward and calm and just cute overall. I can understand how a still immature Seo Ri will be infatuated.

Annyeong everyone

Just finished Episode 5-6 and I'm beginning to like this drama very much.  I found this season fave Korean Drama in Thirty but Seventeen :wub:.

It's great to know Shin Hye Sun has became a main lead twice now - My Golden Life and Thirty but Seventeen. I first saw her in School 2013 but only noticed her in She Was Pretty. It's good to know her acting is acknowledged. Will see if she becomes my fave actress after this drama.

At the moment, I really enjoy watching this drama.  I'm very excited to see when Gong Woojin would finally know that Woo Seori is his crush, Noh Soomi. And I think the nephew, Yoochan, will gradually fall for Seori. Also waiting to see when Kim Hyung Tae finally found Woo Seori. I wonder if Seori would remember him, most probably she will since he has confessed to her before in school. But as for Woojin, I don't think Seori would remember him since there was no seen interactions between them except for the accident day in the bus.

Looking forward to Ep7-8 tonight.  I would like to invite my chingus here  @moodypie @rain719

AD14_E786-_F131-4883-_B03_F-704_B54_EBD6

LMAO, he’s my spirit animal :lol: 

This show just works so well for me, I like the first two episodes last week and I like the third one even more. All the characters are so quirky and likeable. YSJ plays WJ with added layers so I don’t feel like he’s a typical cold and prickly leading man.

I think a name misunderstanding will ne dragged for a long time, at least till episode 10. WJ never knew her real name and she never knew he had a crush on her.

Archived