[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yang Se Jong And Shin Hye Sun Have Peculiar Meeting In “30 But 17”

Shin-Hye-Sun-Yang-Se-Jong-1.jpg

Yang Se Jong and Shin Hye Sun’s relationship continues to develop in amusing ways on SBS’s “30 but 17.”

On July 31, the drama released stills of Woo Seo Ri (played by Shin Hye Sun) and Gong Woo Jin (played by Yang Se Jong) having a peculiar encounter.

In the released stills, Seo Ri and Woo Jin have an unexpected encounter at an unexpected place. The photos show Seo Ri peeking out from under Woo Jin’s desk at his company office. Woo Jin appears to be shocked as he falls on his bottoms onto the floor. In order to cover up this awkward moment, Seo Ri puts on a bright smile. As if her mission failed, she abruptly goes into an “apology mode.” Amusingly, they look like a trouble-making student and tiger teacher duo.

Shin-Hye-Sun-Yang-Se-Jong-3.jpg

read full article>>> https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/31/yang-se-jong-shin-hye-sun-peculiar-meeting-30-17/

4 hours ago, aisling said:

LMAO, he’s my spirit animal :lol: 

:wub:

4 hours ago, aisling said:

This show just works so well for me, I like the first two episodes last week and I like the third one even more. All the characters are so quirky and likeable. YSJ plays WJ with added layers so I don’t feel like he’s a typical cold and prickly leading man.

I think a name misunderstanding will ne dragged for a long time, at least till episode 10. WJ never knew her real name and she never knew he had a crush on her.

Hi @aisling I'm glad most ppl like the drama so far, and the ratings are good too. I hope the name thing does not drag on till episode 10. I got tired of her previous 52 eps drama went like 40+ before clearing up a simple name misunderstanding. I can't handle that.

But maybe I've lost all sense of objectivity staring at anything to do with SHS & 3017 for so long already, this story is lacking one thing for me - no surprises at all so far. I watch dramas for the little unexpected surprises here and there, but so far the writer has not offered much in this regard. I hope that changes.

Also, strangely I identified with GWJ in ep 3. He was tired of all the noises and squeals, and I felt the same, especially from Chan's two buddies, who are too immature and happy in a way that's getting old for me. Too many caricatures so far. Chan is OK, becoz he reminds me of my little brother when he was young - tall and always eating too  - except Chan's snacking habits are in a class by himself. :w00t:

But here I go again, setting myself up for no surprises in Tues Ep 4 (7-8 if you go by the half hour numbering).

0003833991_001_20180731130430448.jpg?typ

From https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003833991

Spoiler

So Woo-Jin escapes to his office for a month to avoid Seo-Ri, but she goes looking for him there, somehow hiding herself under his desk then getting caught. How many rounds will they go before he gets a hint that she's his destiny?

This was one of my favorite segments from Ep 3 (5-6). My actual favorite was when Woo-Jin smiled at the plant that came back bright and alive in the sunny spot that Seo-Ri had put it on - there's hope for the man who still loves his aging dog and his plant.

:phew:

EDIT

@Chellsee thank you. Cross posted not seeing yours while I was writing.

It's nice to have a drama thread where Soompi writers themselves are doing their own timely articles and translations from the press so nicely.

27 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

the remote possibility that "Jennifer" is in fact the aunt, returned to keep an eye on her niece/atone for her husband's misdeeds 

Hi @stuartjmz your idea is very interesting. Its possible too in 13 years, Seori might not recognizer her aunt. Can't wait to watch more of Thirty but Seventeen.

Hello Everyone! I'm super new to this website, and I am so excited to see that there are so many people that are really into this drama as well! Just finished watching episodes 5-6, and I have to say that all of the actors fit their roles perfectly. Mainly Shin Hye-Sun, she is able to capture the quirkiness that is Seo-Ri. The characters themselves though, they are all fun and relatable in some way. Chan, instantly wanting to help Seo-Ri is probably one of the cutest things to date. Especially since Chan is slowly learning more about what happened to Seo-Ri, and trying to keep that in mind while helping her. Then Woo-Jin's serious demeanor slowly being broken down by Seo-Ri and her determination and cheerfulness is great. Jennifer is the housekeeper that everyone needs, to be honest. And Peng is practically the driving force that is making all of this happen (which is fantastic). It is going to be interesting to see how they grow as people as the episodes go on, I hope that they are all able to learn from each other and be happy. Anyways, I've rambled for long enough and I am looking forward with talking with everyone else about the show! Everyone just seems so nice and enthusiastic and all around fun!!

Oh my puppy Yoo Chan...is he headed for heartbreak...Peng...I am not sure if Peng will survive the show....Jennifer is possibly hiding her own trauma...her genuine smile at the Seo Ri dancing up and down in joy with Yoo Chan and co. indicated something. I felt bad for Woo Jin, I am not sure if he ever spoke honestly about his trauma ever. Although he is frustrsted by teen chaos taking over his home...this is exactly what he needs. He can't escape Seo Ri's charm...what he is afraid of most is forming attachments beyond what he has in his family. I see cracks in his shell...I also feel awful for Hyun Tae....he is going crazy worrying about Seo Ri...he has a good heart...can't see him suffering the way he is

Mr. Gong is not your typical cold male lead. Ufff, I am relieved that is not the case. He was so conflicted when it comes to telling Seo Ri that she was fired. He knew how happy she was about it. Seeing Seo Ri being treated like a clueless adult just breaks my heart...She doesn't want to tell people about her past and she is suffering by herself. Those 13 years were just like one day for her. The world has changed so much. People she knew grew old and friends she had are now adults. What's more her best friend is not even alive. She will be heartbroken when she finds out. I wish they didn't drag the identity thing for many episodes but it's probably how they will handle it making me frustrated XD Well, on the other side it's even better if Mr. Gong likes Seo Ri for who she is now rather than who she was 13 years ago. Oh my, I see a lot of tears and heartbreaks coming:sweatingbullets:However the writer did High School King of Savvy too which I loved so there will be definitely a lot of hilarious scenes combined with sad moments. Looking forward to today's episode.

@minpyeon Welcome chingu! 

I knew something was up with the Uncle. Another clue to two from Monday's episode. Interested in what happened to the Aunt. 

My wife and I both agreed that episode 6 was a little goofy and silly. However, we are both enjoying the drama.

Wow I'm one episode behind... got to wait for tomorrow to watch today's episode with subs! But cant resist watching these spoilers on IG! I laughed so hard at that last part hahahaha! And the ending of yesterday's episode left me awed by both their awesome acting... Woojin pleading her not to go and Seori who at first was screaming to let go of her was somehow shocked by Woojin's burst... their expressions and emotions dug into my heart....  

Really loving everything about this drama! And yes finally next week he will realised seori's identity!

I think the preview is misleading XD It's suspicious haha It's too early for Mr. Gong to know that Seo Ri is the one he had a crush on back then. But then again. Who knows. Maybe they will show mercy to my poor frustrated heart XD I would be happy if they did that haha

I guess that Mr. Gong starts to have a soft spot for Seo Ri. He distanced himself from the world but can't help but be drawn to her. There is something so positive about her. She lost almost eveything but she is able to smile and cherish small things even if she suffers inside. It looks like Kim Tae Rin will play important role in Seo Ri's life though. I wonder if she really is Hyeong Tae's sister. 

1 hour ago, chatterbox22 said:

I think the preview is misleading XD It's suspicious haha It's too early for Mr. Gong to know that Seo Ri is the one he had a crush on back then. But then again. Who knows. Maybe they will show mercy to my poor frustrated heart XD I would be happy if they did that haha

Seeing you say this I'm starting to have doubts too... will they be so nice to us viewers to let us see him realise her identity so soon? Nonono I would be frustrated if they drag this revelation! Let's hope it's real... keeping my fingers crossed! 

Oh damn... I nearly missed that Drama -  believing it is another Show about someone who gets back in time or something --- but wow -

I LOVE IT!!

Okay - I hoped for fun and something light and now I need more tissues... BUT I LOVE IT! And ooops - i havent checked the cast before - otherwise I had checked it out before. I really like Yang Se Jong - and ahhh I fall for Chan. Can I have him as a little Brother?

Not so sure if I like it that they made Ye Ji Woon acting like that again. Wish to see her in a different role. Guess she must be loved so much in Another Miss Oh... now she is doomed. :D

I tried it today - and now I am only left with the last two Episodes - RAW of course.

I LOVE IT!!!

First of all I have to take my imaginary hat off to the actors. What great casting! I have literally cried in each episode (and I’m not known to being THAT sentimental/sensitive ).  Really like everything about this show so far.

There are a couple of routes this drama can take....

route 1-

second male lead is the nephew. Which would be awkward...if the nephew was a tad bit older 2 yrs older? But then that would defeat the purpose

...But it could be that the nephew falls in love...She goes back to school? Night School? 

Route 2-

second male lead is the doctor, and they will make us wait for the discovery until she meets up with him, etc. probably this guy will lie to Gong  about her, etc....

32 minutes ago, nrbrown said:

First of all I have to take my imaginary hat off to the actors. What great casting! I have literally cried in each episode (and I’m not known to being THAT sentimental/sensitive ).  Really like everything about this show so far.

There are a couple of routes this drama can take....

route 1-

second male lead is the nephew. Which would be awkward...if the nephew was a tad bit older 2 yrs older? But then that would defeat the purpose

...But it could be that the nephew falls in love...She goes back to school? Night School? 

Route 2-

second male lead is the doctor, and they will make us wait for the discovery until she meets up with him, etc. probably this guy will lie to Gong  about her, etc....

I fear Chan will fall for her - and than I will be in trouble. I like him so much... but sure it will be Gong in the end. But I don´t want Chan to be hurt. And its somehow not fair - she fits well to him  - not by her true age now - but the person she is and her inner age... sure.

And the Doc... I must admit he was truthfully to her all that years... thats rare. But of course he has no chance. He never had. ;)

Archived