[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

13 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

*Warily emerges* I am one of those. I truly understand what the fan is feeling and going through but all I saw was complaining and unhappiness about the writing, story and characters and it stopped me from posting my comments on the show, predictions on future storyline and how much I love the OTP, Chan, Chan's friends, the dog, even Jennifer.

Actually - I should call a good friend of mine - I wonder if her wonderful Dog Hazel is still in Germany - they looks so much the same - Fang and her. :lol:

Prediction on the future storyline? What is yours? I wish to know.

Please share your love !

Spoiler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Actually - I should call a good friend of mine - I wonder if her wonderful Dog Hazel is still in Germany - they looks so much the same - Fang and her. :lol:

Prediction on the future storyline? What is yours? I wish to know.

Please share your love !

Aww, really? Fang is so adorable and quiet, is your friends dog the same? Although, in the show Fang is supposedly pretty old, that could be the reason for him being so quiet. I just hope the writer doesn't kill the dog for emotional impact.

I will post that as soon as I get some free time. :D

3 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

"The best defence is a good offence" if you don't like criticisms of the show (which are allowed, of course), then drown them out  The point of these threads is for  anyone watching a Drama to be able to share their reactions, not just those who find no fault with it. Rather than staying silent because you don't like to read any criticisms, speak up louder. :)

I agree but please don't take this the wrong way or as an attack on you but you are quite confrontational and like to quote almost every post in the thread. I was trying to avoid having to defend the show, characters and the likes (like many others are doing in the thread) so I preferred being a silent member. :) Also, I don't mind criticism or reading them, but reading them over and over and only that kind of gets tiring and put me off from participating. 

6 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Aww, really? Fang is so adorable and quiet, is your friends dog the same? Although, in the show Fang is supposedly pretty old, that could be the reason for him being so quiet. I just hope the writer doesn't kill the dog for emotional impact.

I will post that as soon as I get some free time. :D

Whaaa - what a scary thought... No - that can´t happen - no no no...

Hazel is not the youngest too - and she is Mother of a bunch of little Doggis. So she is kinda more cool now. But my friend has a lot of these dogs. She even took some in care when help was needed.. My fav looks a bit like Fang  - but is so super cute and blind - but such a nice character. I normally like the big dogs more - but after meeting them - i lost my heart. I was so sad that we are not allow to have a dog in the flat - otherwise the blind one Elvis would live with us now. And I was so happy to see Fang in the Drama. :wub:

Really - just thinking about it - oh gosh - yes from one point that could bring the OTP closer together but I don´t need that... Care for the Dog and the Chick - wha you gave me a thrill. :blink:

45 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

*Warily emerges* I am one of those. I truly understand what the fan is feeling and going through but all I saw was complaining and unhappiness about the writing, story and characters and it stopped me from posting my comments on the show, predictions on future storyline and how much I love the OTP, Chan, Chan's friends, the dog, even Jennifer.

Thanks so much for emerging!!! I really hope to see you post more on the the show and your predictions..  please:)

P/s: Where are all the Se jong fans and ahn hyoseop fans? And Hyesun fans? 

I watched High School King of Savvy a few years ago and I really enjoyed it. That was crazy ride but as soon as I accepted that it is supposed to be like that, watching it became fun.  Honestly many dramas don't portray real life which is sad. I always laugh when someone who is supposed to be poor has new outfit everyday and expensive smartphone. Anyway, people still somehow enjoy watching it. And that's fine. Because either you accept the rules of the world created in the drama or you can just watch sth else. I actually quit some shows because of that. Still 17 is definitely sweet and fluffy. Even I questioned why they didn't think that there is sth wrong with Seo Ri (aka she acts like a teenage girl)  and why they didn't ask her what in the world has happened to her. The ID thing is also badly played.  It's true that they should focus more on such things so that it would look more believable to viewers. The show has its flaws but for now I enjoy it. However I am also upset about Wang Ji Won's character. I wanted Kim Tae Rin to be a friend or a mentor to Seo Ri. Why would such a great and well-regarded artist who is going to be a professor be afraid to some unknown woman who was practically  dead for the world for 13 years? It ridiculous. 

On the lighter note, I like that Seo Ri is not afraid to say what's on her mind. Like when she confronted Mr. Gong after he had given her the cold shoulder. You go girl! Chan, you poor boy, be ready for a heartbreak because your ahjumma probably likes your uncle. Also, Kim Hyeung Tae, try harder to find your first love. 

@Ni Wen I am Hye Sun's fan :D And it's my first drama with Se Jong. I have watched Queen of The Ring with Hyo Seop :) 

I'm getting out my soap box and would like to go on record as saying I am loving this story and just watching it without looking for points of criticism. My favorite Korean actress is cast as the Aunt in this drama and we have seen maybe 30 seconds of her so far. Still I am enjoying the show and not worrying about Shim Yi Young's lack of screen time or complaining about it. Of course there is a good reason for her absence so far. She had just wrapped up taping her daily drama 4 days before the first script reading of this one. Therefore, her character will probably emerge later.

So far I have found this drama as light hearted and funny at times. I have not gotten emotionally attached to it yet but I love watching it. Until next week's episodes, hope everyone enjoys themselves here.

Hi all,

Delurking also to share that I am enjoying the drama too.... it is something to look forward to after a hard day’s work. 

This is my first viewing of Shin Hye Sun’s work (although I have heard that she’s a solid actress elsewhere), and my second for Yang Se Jong (saw his Temperature of Love with the captivating Seo Hyun Jin).

The drama is quite delightful so far, with good balance of hilarious and heart-rendering scenes:  I love the little whimsical, quirky ideas - the plunger, the Choco pie, the laced sock, etc. And my heart got stabbed (ooof! so painful, but so good!) at the parts where Seo Ri grieved over her lost years, and during the onion-peeling-crying scene. It helps that I love everything that is miniaturised... soooo drawn to Mr Gong’s occupation and wished a tiny bit that I pursued that line decades ago instead! I look forward to more entertainment in the coming weeks and I hope the dog does not encounter any mishaps!

Hello, I've been itching to post on the discussion also but some things have been holding me back. I got interested in the show because of Dr. Do In Beim/Yang Se Jong but I'm also enjoying everyone's performance. It's my first time watching Shin Hye Sun as lead and I can't believe I didn't remember her from She Was Pretty. :o

Speaking of, the show has the same writer as She Was Pretty, right? There weren't really bad/evil second leads in that one. I mean, *SPOILER!!* I thought the Girl BFF would be evil and mean but although she served as foil to the main leads, she wasn't bad per se. That might also be the case here. :) Maybe Rin Kim will seem as the antagonist but I believe there's still some good in her. She did say she hasn't connected to anyone in a long time, right? Of course, there would be some initial struggle at first. She was her rival after all. But I bet once she learns of the misfortunes Seo Ri had, I'm sure she'll soften up. She's had her time to shine, right? Heck, she might even help her get back to performing. (I really wish for this to happen huhu I don't want her to turn bad.)

We're only halfway (or more than half) through the series and the stories are all just getting unfolded even more. There's so much to uncover from the leads as well as the others. Maybe since we've all watched and enjoyed too many dramas, we might have found some patterns on how shows often go but as in some of our previous experiences, they can happen or they may not. Let's just all look forward to the episodes every week and, if there's something we might not be satisfied about, then I guess that's fine. To each his/her own. But I hope we don't rain on other people's parade. There's still some good things to uncover. :)

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

*raises hand* Me! Haha Although I have seen only one of his other work (tee hee). He was really good in Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim where he played a doctor who was quite arrogant and was his first role on a show. It's a bit different from his character here which just shows how good he can be. *swoons* Give it a shot when you have time. Hehe The drama's really good overall--plot-wise and acting-wise. :)

1 hour ago, butwhatever said:

We're only halfway (or more than half) through the series and the stories are all just getting unfolded even more.

Happy to see new faces here :) I looke forward to read all your post. :D

40 Episodes are planned - half an hour each. We are only on 12 now - so there is a lot to come and to look forward to.

So have watched all episode that are out, and i actually love this drama. I am in the right mode for a lighthearted drama, and can feel heart for every character. they are all good people.

It was so sad to see how SR got to react to her lost dream. It is nice that she slowly got to react to the time she lost, and seeing her slowly adapt to her current time. For now WJ is growing first as he got to face his trauma, and starting to see what SA is gong true. that ending of this weeks episode was so fantastic. I also feel for him because I know how scary it is trying to get closer to people, and it is easy to just shout out people and live life alone. But like SA say he is trying to make his heart small. I really love how she sometime actually is perceptive of other people. And Chan the one with healthy mind and the way he is taking care of his uncle and SA. I am happy we have him in this drama! gonna be sad to see his heart break... But have to say my heart is for WJ, seeing him starting to get out of his shell is amazing :D  also WJ and SA interaction is so breathtaking. 

regarding TR, I feel this drama is not one of them that have evil character, so hope to se her backstory and seeing her growing closer to SR after doing some thinking. In the end they both love classic music so they have something in common that could make them friends. 

5 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

*raises hand* 

I watched part of the Temp. Of Love but it got too boring for me. But I’ve heard he’s a tremendous actor from Soompi and Dramabeans. 

I love Shin Hye Sun. From Oh My Ghostess to Stranger to LotBS, I was really excited for her to get her first leading role in a drama. Aaaaaand then came Park Shi-Hoo and baggage filled with 50 episodes. Skip.

The two leads really hyped up this drama for me, and I even decided to rewatch Oh My Ghostess and Stranger on Netflix the weekend before this drama aired. 

Some people don't like to shout when they speak. :)

I am enjoying this drama despite its flaws.  If I couldn't handle unoriginal or illogical stories, I would not be watching k-drama.  In fact, the tropes and suspensions of disbelief are part of what make k-drama enchanting. 

The main problem with this drama is the dragginess in resolving the central issues.  They haven't been giving us a satisfyingly steady and building stream of clues and revelations.  For example: We've seen the back of the woman in yellow enough.  Now give us something more.  (Maybe they thought: first the shoes, then the dress, then the hair!  :lol:)

I love our OTP, and each and every one of the other characters, right down to the dog, and the plant--although the psychiatrist gives me the creeps because I know the actor from Tunnel.  I'm 99.99% sure I know how it will end, so the fun is in how we get there.  For me right now, the mystery that has me the most curious is Jennifer.

I don't see her as identical to Choi Ji-woo's character.  She is not just comic relief filling time.  She does what she does (like protect the home and it's inhabitants with her shopping) for a reason.  She keeps a ballerina music box.  She teared up at the sight of an expecting couple.  She appears in the night like a gwishin.  Her second job is for KHT.  She was hired by Woo-jin's sister.  Seo-ri knew her phone number.  Etc. etc.  I don't know which details matter or which are red herrings, but I am curious.

And there's this weird gesture:

tumblr_pd5zp7mmyS1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Just wiping sweat or what?

3 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

If it wasn’t obvious from my fangirling, right here is YSJ’s fan :D 

I impatiently waited for his next project after mediocre Temperature of Love (which in my opinion wasted his talent) and I’m so relieved 30b17 is well received by both domestic and international audiences.

giphy.gif

Come out of hiding everyone. One of the joys of drama watching is the discussions and different opinions.

p.s: You can ignore a user and not see their posts. I've had to utilize this feature a couple of times in different drama threads. So please utilize it if you feel like you need it.

Archived